Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Llandros' Ultimate Sim Challenge Rules (Sims 3)

12346...Next

Comments

• AlHollandiyahAlHollandiyah Posts: 1,121 Member
    edited February 2019
    This tombraiding and getting all the relics covers enough material for more then a whole season even without all the side missions! I have completed all Chinese tombs but I am still missing 3 relics and I just cant find them ANYWHERE.... Anyone any tips? I am still missing the Dropa Stones of the Vortex and of the Sky and the Vase of Amin.
    Post edited by AlHollandiyah on
  • BrandontaylorBrandontaylor Posts: 4,773 Member
    edited February 2019
    @AlHollandiyah Have you found them yet? I'm doing a bit of research to see what I can find out.

Edit I found that most players say to check the relic store and excavate dig spots. Every where I look, I can't find specific places to find any of those. It kind of stinks, but you may find them eventually this way.
    edited February 2019
    I have been staking out at the relics store for a couple of days and found them all, yes. I am currently about halfway through France, just went on a sidequest to Egypt to get a ruby, and have just returned to France with it. Taking a robot with you that also has prepared traveler and its own country certificate means 6 extra days of stay, can definitely recommend that!
    edited February 2019
    PLUM! I got stuck really bad due to an error on my part! I fear that nothing will solve this....

Good News Update: I managed to fix my mistake! Updates on progress and how I fixed it here!
    I finished France! The difference between the Chinese and French Dropa Stones is HUGE. I mean, for the Chinese ones I had to check the Relics Merchant for days! And of the French ones I had at least 4 or 5 from both types.... I am going to see about a nice outfit and/or hair update to make her fit in with the Egyptians a bit more and then it is up to the last travel destination! I have also, just like with China, deleted the French files now that all of its tombs and relics are checked off my list, because the less 'baggage' in my save, the better the game runs.
    @Llandros2012 the challenge states we need to adopt a mummy, keep it alive for a certain time (month?) and then turn it into a real sim / cure it / give it's youth back. Could you share with us how we can do that? I currently have a mummy in my household and can't find it anywhere!
  • AlleenmensAlleenmens Posts: 18,722 Member
    You can give him the potent cure potion from the alchemic station. ;)
    And the youth potion
    Ah, thanks. I also found by now that the actual sarcophagus that she spawned from (female mummy) is the one that can cure mummies if they sleep in it for very long. I think I'm going to try to get a male mummy too and cure them together! Maybe they will even marry! After all they came from the same background lol!

I'm glad you got the problem figured out. I think that's a good idea to get a male mummy to marry the female one.
    edited March 2019
    #bugparty. I'm in the middle of another chain to raid the tomb of Hatshepsut. The current step is taking a photo of sim x and delivering it. I think I took a dozen right now, with different cameras, but it keeps saying 0/1 photos. So I went to dr. Google and saw many had this issue. Generally the advice was to take the photo out of your camera (didn't work), sell all your other photos before taking it (had none) and make sure the topic is friend or sim in the area (it is). Still 0/1. Nothing seems to register the plum picture. So now I'm stuck for real. Argh.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956485/wa-hatshepsut-adventure-chain-photo-wont-register-any-way-to-skip/p1
    edited March 2019
    DONE I have finished all tombs and relic collections, and therefore season 19. I still have to post it on my blog but that's gonna be a bigger post so that will come later! I think I'm going to sort off redo it with a male sim, just because I can. I haven't decided yet if I will let the male sim be a toddler that first grows up with my Ultimate Sim to have all childhood stuff completed, or a CAS-ed YA.

Also, instead of being limited to seasons and hopping all over the place I am just going to pick 1 town and stay there. I am severely tempted to pick Adventure Land, just because all of it's homes are empty to start with and it's nice to start out where the game started at. That also means that I don't have to stick to a certain order to do university degrees, skills and careers, just as long as they are done. I am also not sure if I will do the visa levels / tombs / relic collections, because quite honestly they are fun to do.... once. And I am also DEFINITELY skipping the many spouse/kid requirements. I will keep a star on this topic to see what others are doing and share a thing or two from my own experiences! Feel free to comment or to share your ideas for my second ultimate sim!
    I also had that problem with the photo. ugh. So did you just skip it?
    Alleenmens wrote: »
    I also had that problem with the photo. ugh. So did you just skip it?

Yes, I skipped THAT step using Nraas DebugEnabler. You have to remove the broken step from you opportunity page and use DebugEnabler to give your sim the next step in line. Igazor tipped me about that in the thread I posted above. If you need help finding it let me know!
    Awesome! I need to remember that..
    edited March 2019
    I made my new To-Be-Ultimate sim! I made him as a toddler, made sure he had all child skills and A-grades, (read: cheated, because he is a child prodigy, hehe) and aged him up into a young adult. I then gave him a makeover, deleted the few LTR points he gained and moved him out of her household. The only downside of that is that due to her being rich and moving out of her home, he starts out with 50k instead of 16.5.

Got to Barnacle Bay last night. I'm going to try and get through it as quick as possible but I used the Honorary Degree LTR to get the degree this season. I plan on spending one week for the blog before starting work.

Got martial arts maxed and got level 5 in the tournaments. She also got her jock social influence to level 10 and bought the Age Freeze potion LTR. Since I skipped university, I used two China trips to get that skill done but I still have a few of the skill challenges to do. She will start her first career very soon.
    edited March 2021
    Gonna do a partial redo on mine. I lost the saves from the other seasons so starting at Two again.

Due to computer issues, I had to stop. I can't have everything installed at once anymore so I'm waiting until I can afford a new computer.

EDIT 2021: Got a new computer a while back, restarted the challenge and it’s my best yet.
    Post edited by Brandontaylor on
  • angelette1angelette1 Posts: 152 Member
    Gonna do a partial redo on mine. I lost the saves from the other seasons so starting at Two again.

Due to computer issues, I had to stop. I can't have everything installed at once anymore so I'm waiting until I can afford a new computer.

EDIT 2021: Got a new computer a while back, restarted the challenge and it’s my best yet.

So glad to hear you're able to retry! Been wanting to do this challenge but was afraid my dinosaur wouldn't hold up...my son bought me a new gaming laptop tho so I'm about to start!..got my game loaded into SSV in fact right now! So been looking forward to this!
    Angelette Carter
  • carlimactcarlimact Posts: 766 Member

I'm glad you're able to restart! I have a similar situation but I'm going to try again soon