Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Besides Werewolves what do you think the Gamepack will have in addition?

13...Next

Comments

• DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,355 Member
    logion wrote: »
    DaWaterRat wrote: »
    Non occult players get the CAS and Build Buy, just like with Vampires and Realm of Magic.

Anything else, gameplay wise, will come in the pre-pack patch.

They don't need to add anything else to make sure the pack sells. There are enough Occult players (and non-occult players who will buy the pack anyway) for the pack to sell just fine. Don't let Sims Twitter fool you into thinking most people play mundane.

Game packs are supposed to be more Niche anyway.

The majority of people that play video games play them casually. Think of how you play any other game besides the sims and there you have the majority of the player base for The Sims 4.

I think if people will find something that appeals to them, then they will buy this pack, non-occult or not. I hope that this pack will focus on werewolves, but I also hope that Maxis spent time to add features or base game updates that will make the pack appealing and fun to play.

I don't play video games other than the Sims. Otherwise I'm a TTRPG gamer, and usually the one sitting behind the GM screen, so lots of time and creative investment - not to mention expansion books. My experience with Video games is not typical.
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    MichelleW wrote: »
    Honestly, all non occult packs cater to all non occult players.

So why should there be anything in a pack directed at occult players, catering to non occult players?!

This mindset kind of annoys me.
    What about us non occult players?
    Well don’t buy it? Simple. You have all the other packs that aren’t focused on occult.
    The occult community has been left out for so long and now non occult players have the audacity to ask for non occult things in an occult pack?!

I’m sorry if I offend anyone I’m just genuinely annoyed. And I don’t consider myself an occult player cause I rarely play with them, I prefer realism play over occult playstyle.

Because if there is nothing in the pack for non occult players then non occult players won't buy it, thus it won't sell well and then there won't be anymore occult packs.

I'm not an occult player but I am happy for the occult players. If there is nothing that inspires me to buy the pack I won't buy it. I won't be mad about it. I will still be happy for the occult players but if there is to be more occult packs the ones that EA puts out have to sell.

Fingers crossed for a Medieval pack next, with Dragons.

That's a pretty bold statement. I think if occult lifestates were really a bad selling as you say, then the team would have simply stopped after vampires. The hard core realism fans might outnumber the occult players, but I think there are enough occult players to make these packs profitable. Especially given this will only be the third occult pack in 8 years! Occult players are starved and desperate for new content.

Besides if BB was enough for 100% realism players to buy vampires (and subsequently demand vampires to be nerfed) then I am sure that they will find something of interest in this pack.

I do agree on the medieval pack with dragons, that would be awesome.

I never said occult packs don't sell well. I don't know if occult packs sell well.

This whole conversation stemmed from people getting mad that someone would speculate on what else might be in the pack. My argument that having other elements such as a new world, or bb and cas items, in addition to the werewolves in order to entice non occult players is a valid argument. I'm not knocking the occult players.
    We all know there will be more to the pack then just werewolves. I'm not sure why this is upsetting to people.

So one more time for the people in the back... I hope the pack includes a new world, and fog. I hope it's a big world. If not guess what? I won't lose any sleep over it and I may still buy it but I will wait for a sale.
    Actually I did say that. My bad. I still say it's a valid argument 🤷‍♀️
  • RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Honestly, all non occult packs cater to all non occult players.

So why should there be anything in a pack directed at occult players, catering to non occult players?!

This mindset kind of annoys me.
    What about us non occult players?
    Well don’t buy it? Simple. You have all the other packs that aren’t focused on occult.
    The occult community has been left out for so long and now non occult players have the audacity to ask for non occult things in an occult pack?!

I’m sorry if I offend anyone I’m just genuinely annoyed. And I don’t consider myself an occult player cause I rarely play with them, I prefer realism play over occult playstyle.

Because if there is nothing in the pack for non occult players then non occult players won't buy it, thus it won't sell well and then there won't be anymore occult packs.

I'm not an occult player but I am happy for the occult players. If there is nothing that inspires me to buy the pack I won't buy it. I won't be mad about it. I will still be happy for the occult players but if there is to be more occult packs the ones that EA puts out have to sell.

Fingers crossed for a Medieval pack next, with Dragons.

That's a pretty bold statement. I think if occult lifestates were really a bad selling as you say, then the team would have simply stopped after vampires. The hard core realism fans might outnumber the occult players, but I think there are enough occult players to make these packs profitable. Especially given this will only be the third occult pack in 8 years! Occult players are starved and desperate for new content.

Besides if BB was enough for 100% realism players to buy vampires (and subsequently demand vampires to be nerfed) then I am sure that they will find something of interest in this pack.

I do agree on the medieval pack with dragons, that would be awesome.

I never said occult packs don't sell well. I don't know if occult packs sell well.

This whole conversation stemmed from people getting mad that someone would speculate on what else might be in the pack. My argument that having other elements such as a new world, or bb and cas items, in addition to the werewolves in order to entice non occult players is a valid argument. I'm not knocking the occult players.
    We all know there will be more to the pack then just werewolves. I'm not sure why this is upsetting to people.

So one more time for the people in the back... I hope the pack includes a new world, and fog. I hope it's a big world. If not guess what? I won't lose any sleep over it and I may still buy it but I will wait for a sale.

The occult players do want a world and build/buy and CAS in the werewolf pack. But we want it to fit the theme of the pack - WEREWOLVES, like Vampires did. What you seemed to be talking about, like the OP, was taking the focus from the Werewolves so that the realism players would be happy.
  • QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I’m not mad I was annoyed, totally different emotions. Annoyed cause occult players haven’t had anything and just been playing nice, realism players keep demanding and crying for more realism (cars, babies, etc) and they preferably want it for free.

My opinion still stands.
    It’s time for occult players to have something just for them.

Since the Sims team say there’s many more years to come there will be plenty more packs for realism players where the occults kindly just have to sit back.

This thread is like a slap in the face for occult players.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    While I'm sure there will be plenty of BB/CAS items to entice realistic players to purchase it, I have to agree that I hope the sole focus of this pack is on .... you know ... werewolves (if that is indeed going to be the next pack).

Packs in TS4 are soooooo darn skimpy to begin with, taking away from the budget to flesh out werewolves to be the best they can be, to include other gameplay elements for non-occult players is, well it would be cra-ppy! Then they'd turn out like mermaids and aliens because that wasn't the focus of that pack.

I almost never play with occults, even though I own them all, but I wouldn't want the devs to include other gameplay elements that would take away from the actual werewolves because occult players have been waiting F-O-R-E-V-A-H for stuff!
    I would assume a similar system to vampires and spell casters will be used for werewolves. The system already exist so why would EA not use it?

I would be more interested in the pack in werewolves have the option to turn totally wolf

I don't think the intention of the OP was to slap anyone in the face. They were just speculating on different elements that may come with the pack. No amount of speculating now is going to change what's in the pack thus it doesn't take anything away from anyone.

Mermaids were totally nerfed. Hopefully they will do a refresh at some point and utilize the newer occult system. Mermaids are actually the only occult I play with. I've played as a vampire but it got boring and I've not yet delved into spell casters though I do own the pack. It would be nice to see Mermaids get an update.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Because Occult players are desperate to get an immersive, involved occult and fear mundane players will buy it then get the occult nerfed into oblivion.

I personally hope a refresh for Outdoor Retreat happens so my wolves have a home world. No new world, no new activity that none occult players want to shoehorn in, just pure focus on the occult. Maybe that way we could even get occult children.
    I hope body hair is a free base gate update for the same reasons.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    edited May 2022
    I’m not mad I was annoyed, totally different emotions. Annoyed cause occult players haven’t had anything and just been playing nice, realism players keep demanding and crying for more realism (cars, babies, etc) and they preferably want it for free.

My opinion still stands.

Since the Sims team say there’s many more years to come there will be plenty more packs for realism players where the occults kindly just have to sit back.

I’m a realism player and I don’t expect cars to be free. If they update babies I assume it will be free because they can make money off of extra packs for babies, which they probably could do with cars as well.

I think EA knows that if they put a world in the pack that it will draw realistic players, just as tartosa drew people in who weren’t really interested in weddings. But, if they do put a new world in I think it will be geared to werewolves just like forgotten hollow was geared for vampires, and Glimmerbrook was geared towards spell casters. I have to admit though that I think the upper part of Henford on Bagley is better for spellcasters. And I have heard of people who are occult players putting vampires and spellcasters in other worlds besides the world that came with the occult packs. I know many occult players are also realism players. I would assume a werewolf pack would focus on werewolves. I will be happy with body hair. I would have liked a world to have come with parenthood.

• MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    I would assume a similar system to vampires and spell casters will be used for werewolves. The system already exist so why would EA not use it?

I would be more interested in the pack in werewolves have the option to turn totally wolf

I don't think the intention of the OP was to slap anyone in the face. They were just speculating on different elements that may come with the pack. No amount of speculating now is going to change what's in the pack thus it doesn't take anything away from anyone.

Mermaids were totally nerfed. Hopefully they will do a refresh at some point and utilize the newer occult system. Mermaids are actually the only occult I play with. I've played as a vampire but it got boring and I've not yet delved into spell casters though I do own the pack. It would be nice to see Mermaids get an update.

And the reason mermaids are nerfed is because they came in a pack that had another theme other than mermaids. Because Island Living was a pack about well... Island Living, the mermaids were shoved into the pack as an after thought and weren't well fleshed out whatsoever. And because of this they don't really (in my mind anyway) qualify as a real occult. Same with aliens.

The only way for Werewolves to live up to their potential and feel immersive like vampires and spellcasters is for them to have their own dedicated pack like Vampires and Realm of Magic. If part of the budget is spent on gameplay elements other than giving us fleshed out werewolves then we're probably going to get yet another repeat of mermaids and aliens. Which would be a huge slap in the fact for occult players, especially since it's been almost three years since we've gotten a new occult lifestate.

While it most likely wasn't the intention of the OP to slap anyone in the face with this thread, suggesting or speculating that the pack will or should have content (other than the world, CAS and BB. The latter two which would be coming anyway) for non-occult players implies once again that we occult players are in the minority and that our gameplay style isn't as "in demand" as other content, which could result in our packs becoming even more spread out than they currently are, or even in EA deciding not to flesh out any potential future occults like fairies, or elves, zombies, genies, etc.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2022
    I think people are underestimating how many realism players will buy an occult gamepack just for BB and CAS stuff and/or another world. I'm of the camp a werewolves pack should be about werewolves and having to shove stuff inorganically to appease realism players is a bad move. Yes they may be the majority, but I don't think the occult minority is as small or niche as people think. You're going to make everybody upset instead of making groups of people very happy.

Now, that being said I do think we can stand to expect two or three things that can be used by non occult sims. I wouldn't hold out for anything as big as cars, hotels or a romance system. I'm thinking way small scale... Like Vampires added the Pipe Organ as an instrument. You don't have to be a vampire to enjoy that, it just vaguely fits into the gothic theme. Maybe Werewolves gives us bagpipes or something, depending on location inspiration. Maybe they have a hunting lodge with a billiard table, or a new park ranger career, or like a picnic basket option.

I think the only thing that might make a werewolf pack a bit different than previous occults is that, at least to me, werewolves don't have as obvious of an aesthetic for design and fashion as previous occults. Now I could be totally wrong so feel free to correct me, but I just don't think there's an obvious primary direction to go visually. Goth and vampires are very common, cottage woods and witches, tropical beach and mermaids... Werewolves lack that same obvious recall. In this way, we might get a BB and CAS theme to accompany them that has a more universal appeal and is less niche, so it might just naturally appeal to more players purely on BB and CAS. Especially if they do something we haven't seen yet like the Scottish Highlands or something.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    edited May 2022
    1. Body hair.
    2. Weird scientist career. A scientist who conducts unethical experiments. Bring back Loki's torture machine from the Sims 2. Why it fits. Werewolves can hunt for collectibles that can be used to create elixirs that combined with the torture machine they produce different effects, both positive and negative. Werewolves also make good test subjects as they are invulnerable so they feel the negative outcomes a lot less intense.
    3. Wild wolves lot challenge. Lot with this challenge will get visits by wolves (not werewoves). An alpha wolf may bite you and turn you into a werewolf. Wolves may attack humans and even kill them.
    4. Wolves as pets. Werewolves can develop relationships with wolves and they can also adopt them as pets.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited June 2022
    Catloverplayer, since you asked what do we think will be in the pack instead of what we hope is in the pack, I think this pack is about werewolves but possibly about crafting, spellcasting, and other lore. I can't get past the name of the world or place since it's the name of a realm in D&D.

I find it odd they would possibly name one of their worlds the same as the name of the woods in D&D, which was full of werewolves (actually they wore wolf skins and not really werewolves but had powers) and others like elves and Druids. There is a lot of lore about Moonwood if people aren't familiar with D&D. I'm wondering what is the connection to those books, games, shows, movies, etc.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Catloverplayer, since you asked what do we think will be in the pack instead of what we hope is in the pack, I think this pack is about werewolves but possibly about crafting, spellcasting, and other lore. I can't get past the name of the world or place since it's the name of a realm in D&D.

I find it odd they would possibly name one of their worlds the same as the name of the woods in D&D, which was full of werewolves (actually they wore wolf skins and not really werewolves but had powers) and others like elves and Druids. There is a lot of lore about Moonwood if people aren't familiar with D&D. I'm wondering what is the connection to those books, games, shows, movies, etc.

Actually Catloverplayer said "in addition to" not instead of. It's in the title and everything.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member

My opinion still stands.

No I didn't mean for it to be like that. At the time I didn't think it would just be on werewolves but now we know it will and I'm pretty happy about the world and I'm even going to be playing as a werewolf to try them out.

The Pack is mainly about Werewolves and Hulking Out as a Werewolf. It has some pretty nice objects like small telescopes,firepits with new swatches,new tattoos,new jewlery,new piercings etc. I will buy this GP. I'm excited enough for it to do my official countdown thread which is in the packs discussion area.

Actually Catloverplayer said "in addition to" not instead of. It's in the title and everything.

This.
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    1.The telescope a version of which is coming to the base game.
    2. Spellcaster and vampire lore along with cross pack gameplay.
    I'm glad they focus entirelly on occults instead of giving us more generic gameplay. We seem to only get occult gameplay every 2-3 years.
  • fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    I'm hoping there might be some addition to craft on the woodworking table. It'd be a nice suprise if there was a metal work or some kind of sculpture skill but I'm not getting my hopes up for it. It is a game pack so most likely everything will revolve around the occults.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    fae_brass wrote: »
    I'm hoping there might be some addition to craft on the woodworking table. It'd be a nice suprise if there was a metal work or some kind of sculpture skill but I'm not getting my hopes up for it. It is a game pack so most likely everything will revolve around the occults.

My daughter was hoping they would add to the wood working table too.

• fae_brassfae_brass Posts: 81 Member
    edited June 2022
    SheriSim57 wrote: »
    fae_brass wrote: »

My daughter was hoping they would add to the wood working table too.

It just seems so right for a ex-industrial mill town to add more woodcraft.