Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

One Month One World One Year Challenge 2022

Comments

• Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    edited June 2022
    June - Day 8: "Always be yourself. Unless you can be a pirate, then always be a pirate..."

52132980551_490375773a_o.png

Notes
    52131979337_27c74d1135_o.png
    Cale aced his next audition and decided to update his Simstagram status. All his followers loved the image he uploaded and he became a Rising Star as a result!

52133246569_59584c74b8_o.png
    "What do you think? Am I as hot as Jack Sparrow?" Cale asked, showing Sandy a selfie he'd taken wearing a pirate hat at the audition.
    "No."
    "No? Really?"
    "Hotter! Waaaaay Hotter!"

52133032438_40600e1b81_o.png
    Fast forward to the morning of his next gig. Cale had developed a quirk. Someone leaked his phone number to the public. Sandy kept getting calls from giggly fan girls asking for Cutie Cale, which was becoming very annoying and disruptive. He bought a Quirk-B-Gone potion to take care of the problem.

52133254599_dbfe61c613_o.png
    Cale went outside after the kids went to school to practice his singing while Sandy was busy getting ready for work. A cute cat rolled up and started to 'sing' along with him trying to get his attention.

"Aww, you're adorable! Can I pet you?"
    "Meow"
    "I'll take that as a yes."
    Cale gave the stray cat a treat, which it took a few feet away to plop down and eat. A few minutes later it was time to go for his next gig.

52131999462_eec3018374_o.png
    At the studio, Cale practiced his lines with a co-star before heading over to hair & make-up. Hopefully Eric would once again be his stylist. He was becoming quite fond of the man.

52133264824_55992f9d79_o.png
    "I love this look. I wonder what Sandy will think."
    "She would think you look very sexy Honey."
    (As I do.)

"At least you didn't make me shave this time or glue some old guy or 'Daddy' mustache on me." Cale said with a laugh that made Eric smirk.

52133528645_9289373bd9_o.png
    "Thanks again Eric, you always do a fantastic job making me look good. I almost could've just worn my own hair tonight, but another wig will have to do."
    "Ah, but see, I didn't have to do much, I never do with you. I just enhanced your natural beauty."
    "If you say so. Alright, I better get over to wardrobe. See you later!"
    "Have fun Cale. I'll be watching, as always."

52133533905_a1eabe685f_o.png
    "Joselyn! What the hell man? I'm supposed to be a sexy pirate, not a hot dog."
    "Oh man, I'm sorry Cale, I thought you were doing a wiener commercial today. I'll fix it!"

52132020402_9527e72962_o.png
    "How's this? Better?"
    "Ohhh Yeahhh, much better. Thank you!"
    "I'm so sorry about the hot dog suit, I promise I won't mess up again. Please don't tell my boss."
    "Aww, I would never do that. It's okay, everybody makes mistakes. It happens."
    "Thanks Cale, you're the sweetest star I've ever met in this studio."
    "Well, I don't know about that, but no worries. See you next time."

52133541740_fdf9b83243_o.png
    Cale got his notes from the Director, which was again Lena, and told her he was ready to perform.

The first scene was called 'risky wheel.' Cale strode confidently up to the ship's wheel and called out to his crew.
    "Ahoy Mateys, hoist the mainsail and weigh anchor, savvy?"

52133052011_a75b585f26_o.png
    He expertly spun the wheel and exclaimed...
    "Yo ho ho, who be ye, me heartie?"

52133061276_882b2cda6d_o.png
    "Blimey, ye be a fine lookin' buccaneer."

52132042422_be9b00104c_o.png
    *Blows kiss*
    "Would ye be wantin' to share a grog or two in me quarters later?"

52133090828_85e350754f_o.png
    "Unhand him ye scallywag! 'Tis me Lad ye be wantin' to plunder."

52133071181_86ac81aeba_o.png
    52132051642_c2ed336eee_o.png
    52133073531_7980ea0d1e_o.png
    "Argg, ye have lost lassie. Any last words before I send ye to feed the fishes?"
    "Spare me and I be givin' ye all me loot or whatever ye want."
    "Aye, there is one thing I'd like from ye wench."

52133081596_acdda130b0_o.png
    52133579275_edf94f6bda_o.png
    52133107823_3943722835_o.png
    "Aye, she be a tasty wench!"

52133581515_ecfa19c56b_o.png
    "Cut! Print! That's a wrap! Magnificent job Cale!" Lena said, clapping her hands as the rest of the studio crew cheered.

Cale got a promotion to Supporting Actor for his successful performance and another Gold!

52133328519_742d8f3721_o.png
    Cale stepped down from the stage and wandered over to the refreshments/break area. He grabbed a bowl of chili and turned around to see Eric standing there.

"Congratulations Cale, you were wonderful up there Honey, just as I knew you would be."

52133090681_a73242ca74_o.png
    The two new friends had a chat, getting to know each other before Cale went home to Sandy and the boys. He showed Eric some photos of Sandy, Joe L. and Cale Jr. as a subtle reminder that he was in a relationship. Cale had seen the stars in Eric's eyes.

"You have a beautiful wife and very handsome boys, you should be proud."

52133095076_2920d4bca6_o.png
    "Thanks, but we're not married. At least--"
    "You're not married? Interesting..."
    "--not yet. I plan to propose to her very soon though. I love her Eric, she and the boys have my heart. They're my world."

52133595890_a8a7cc25d0_o.png
    "Ah, of course. How could I forget?"
    "I told you before I was in a relationship."
    "I remember now. Oh well, at least we can be friends. We can still be friends, right?" Eric asked with a worried look on his face.
    "You bet! Anyway, I have to go now, Hopefully we'll see each other again for my next gig."
    "Count on it! See you again soon Cale..."
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
  • LegacySims2017LegacySims2017 Posts: 5,226 Member
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may20.jpg
    May 20: Sauna!

Special Appearances By: Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 ), Aldo Holloway ( @Llandros2012 ), Bryon Ellison ( @Skeilah ), Dylan Healy ( @SoulGal7 )
    Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Was a long day at work today. Wasn't able to play, so I decided to send them all to the military base sauna for the daily image's eye candy. I am going to try and catch up which means I'll need to have at least one daily image a day. On my days off or slow days when I am not exhausted afterwards, I'll have two.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    (Twitter Me: LSims2017)
    Karababy52 wrote: »
    Please let me know if you can see this screenshot. Imgur is giving me problems again, so I'm trying my Flickr account tonight. Thanks! :)

I see it! :smile:
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @LegacySims2017

Yay! Okay, thanks for letting me know! I'll upload the rest on Flickr tonight as well then. :)
    *Updated my June 8th post above! Comments/replies coming up next! I hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @LegacySims2017
    Perhaps Sims can be turned into werewolves both ways? You could always just imply it's from getting scratched for your own lore anyway. :)

Ugh, I think most ALL the phone calls are annoying! Seems like Cale and his family's phones are always ringing about something or other. Ah well... I have Lifestyles turned off, those got annoying in a big hurry too. I've had them off since SE came out. I think that's the pack they came in?

If they live up in the hills, I'm not sure you'll see them. At least I didn't with Essa last year. But now that Cale lives 'in town' I see the plane and helicopter all the time. Even during the day. :) I love the float plane that can be see by the island in Windenburg too.

Oh, I understand, yes. There is probably some that haven't played the pack and don't know what's down there. Maybe? Mysteries are fun! :) Yep, that's a good idea! June is traditional for weddings anyway. :)

I was very surprised he didn't get a cowboy hat! I wonder why? *shrugs* Exactly! Judith craves attention, somehow Cale must've figured that out and it worked in his favor. hehe I'm trying to do gigs that Essa didn't do late year, but some are bound to be the same. It's fun trying to play them out differently. No two stories will ever be the same, so that's a good thing. :) We might see Ze Therapist again, or not. If I can think of a good reason for it. ;)

Yes it does make for better story telling, I love it! Makes your readers actually care about who gets the vaccine if they know him/her. :) Eh, yeah, Cale Jr. is a bit young, but he's getting close to the age kids start asking questions. I would think it would be easier asking your Brother than a parent actually. Not as embarrassing, maybe? But the age gap is something to think about with Joe and Cale Jr., I can see why Joe is reluctant to say anything. Awkward enough as it is. hehe

Absolutely loving all the eye candy you've been posting of our boys! hehe Sounds like a good plan to catch up. Just take it easy on yourself, don't stress. This is supposed to be fun! :)

@Rememberjoy
    Ohhh, okay. Thanks for letting us know. :)
  • RememberJoyRememberJoy Posts: 1,138 Member
    June 9th: In the spotlight

lDhtPBI.png
    Note: Now that Adam is a 5 star celebrity he can interact with the paparazzi! I'm glad that worked itself out, although now I'm wondering what caused it since I still have all my mods in.

After work I went on a casual stroll through the downtown area. By the time I arrived at the park, I'd apparently picked up a couple fans who followed close behind me around, giggling and not so subtly trying to take my picture.

OJ6qiVM.png

I guess Kaori was right, so much for keeping a low profile.
    I had just stopped to talk to them, when a clone with a camera came running up and started taking my picture. I may have gotten a little defensive in my fear of being exposed, so I told him off in no uncertain terms.

Cn8g94k.png

After he left, I chatted with the girls and even gave one my autograph, making sure to sign it as Andrew Starr.

mkcPSdT.png

Another photographer rushed up to take some pictures, but this one wouldn't be deterred by strong words, so I bribed her with 500 simoleons.

ZMCCldS.png

It was starting to get dark, so I slipped away from the crowd forming around me and made my way home.

7qOKv6t.png

I sat down next to Kaori and told her about all the attention I'd suddenly found myself in the middle of.

LIKJko8.png

"I hate to say I told you so..." Kaori said with a small smile.
    "You were right," I said, hanging my head. "Working with celebrities probably didn't help either."
    "Not to mention you're extremely irresistible good-looks, "Kaori said, blowing me a kiss. "Who could resist such as adorable face?"

PZOfwH6.png

Carol who had been working on her homework came over and sat down next to me.
    "Dad!" she said excitedly. "You were the talk of the school today! Someone must have recorded one of your yoga lessons and it's gone viral! You're a superstar now!"

vDrjirQ.png

I groaned, "That explains why I suddenly have an entourage," I said rubbing my face.
    "This may be a good time to bring up an opportunity the school I work for has given me," Kaori said taking my hand. "They want me to go spend a semester in Selvadorada to study the culture so that I might teach a class on it next year. Maybe we should all go until your fifteen minutes of fame are over."
    "Selvadorada huh?" I asked absentmindedly, turning the idea about in my mind. "That could be fun, but what about Carol's schooling."
    "Well," Kaori said, glancing over at Carol, "Either I could home-school her or we could find a good boarding school."
    "There's not a chance in heck you're going on another adventure without me!" Carol said in protest, "I want to come with!"

M6ECnk2.png

"It's settled then!" I said with a grin. "In one week we'll disappear into the jungles of Selvadorada!"
    June - Day 9: "Interlude"

s1Emsjr.png

Notes

I'm taking a little break, just for tonight. I'm exhausted! Spent the day grocery shopping, running errands, varnishing our wood-framed swing, taking care of our garden and more. I have not had time to even open the game, let alone play for an update. Today's daily post pic is from yesterday's play session. Anyway, I'll get back in the groove tomorrow, I hope y'all understand and had a good day/night! <3
  • KateLynneKateLynne Posts: 47 Member
    Hey everyone, I just wanted to say sorry for just disappearing. Turns out things were a bit worse than just a simple arm injury and I needed some time to deal with my health and life. I have since built a better PC and am finally getting back into gaming. I am so happy to see all these new posts, going to spend the next few hours/days catching up. Hope y'all are doing well. Again, sorry everyone! (Also hope it is okay to post this, if not let me know and I'll delete it ^^)
    June 8th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Oh, so Adam was just daydreaming of one day his star would be placed. :grin:
    Look at Carol getting her groove on. :lol:

@Karababy52
    Oh, a vampire pirate, eh? Much better than Jack Sparrow. :lol: I love the fact that Eric continues to hit on Cale.

June 9th Comments:

@Karababy52
    D.J. constantly gets calls, too. A lot from those he only passed by and chatted with autonomously. I would add some to the story if it were ones he's communicated with almost regularly where the reader knew who they were. I am enjoying all of Cale's gigs. Even if I do see D.J. get the same, like you mentioned...I can easily change the gig's plot. I think it really depends on the situation when going to siblings with questions. Not sure I would have gone to one of my two older brothers in regard to what Cale Jr. wanted to know about. :joy:

I still need to decide where in DSV I'll have D.J. live. I was thinking not secluded areas, so in town will probably be best for that.
    Pretty scene of the sun setting/rising for the daily image.

@RememberJoy
    Uh oh, return of the clones. They found Adam not realizing he's in disguise and one became a fanboy. :lol: Looking to see their adventures in Selvadorada.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    June 10th: Another day, another dollar

SNbgkWP.png
    Not a lot happened today and I'm tired so I'm not going to try to tell a story today. I'm trying to keep Adam out in public as much as possible when he's not holding yoga classes so that a fan might ask him for a selfie. I still haven't gotten one, so this could take awhile.

4ajPKbH.png
    ryaVajm.png
    d2YAXlJ.png
    WeJckCZ.png
    kJutASh.png
    edited June 2022
    June - Day 10: "I kissed a boy and I...liked it?"

RTqRevT.png

Notes
    oMO6DB8.png
    While Cale was away for another audition, the family occupied their time by doing various projects and fun things. Cale Jr. had been hard at working experimenting and making different chemical potions for a long time. He was trying to make an emotion potion. He'd tried making one for sad, happy, playful, focused, inspired, etc. But something always went wrong in the end.

0HuHhQj.png
    Today he tried to make an energized potion, and Eureka! It worked! Congratulations Cale Jr., you're brilliant!

2GkbBYd.png
    Sandy and Joe were playing video games together. Looks like they're having fun eh?

MOzeKR4.png
    Apparently, not so much. Joe went to his room after he lost and is now in a mood/phase where all he wants is to be alone. Ugh! It's annoying because he constantly leaves his room to chat with Cale Jr. or Sandy, or Sandy constantly seeks him out and when that happens he gets tense and then snaps at them, playing mean and mischievous pranks on them.

Maybe it was mean of the Watcher to do it, but I locked the surly teen in his room for the time being. At least until school tomorrow. He spent his time practicing spellcasting and trolling teh forums. Chip off the old block eh? At least he did learn two new spells, Floraloria and best of all, Delicioso! Very handy since he still needs to eat.

iV0XEep.png
    Cale came back from his audition triumphant! He got the part and he is now considered a 3 Star Celebrity B-Lister! Also, he will never have to audition for any part again, or get make-up, hair and a costume for his gigs. I'll still probably have him get make-up, hair and go to wardrobe though. I enjoy seeing how Eric and Joselyn style him.

He went inside to tell his family the good news and then walked over to the park to play his guitar and unwind.

PkPDgUq.png
    One of his co-stars, Easton Landry, the guy he'd flirted with in the Pirate show was there. While he was chatting with him, a familiar face walked up to say Hello.

"Cale! So good to see you! How have you been? Enjoying your fame as the Hero of StrangerVille?"

m9Ru0OT.png
    "You're a Hero too Aurora. I didn't fight the Mother by myself."
    "Aww, so sweet of you to say that, but in the eyes of the town and mine too, you're the real Hero. Anyway, what are you doing in Del Sol Valley? My daughter wants to be an actress, so that's why we're here."

b2L6bP8.png
    "Actually, I'm here to act too. I have an Agent and have been doing gigs, climbing the ladder. Eventually, they want me to star in a movie about my life."
    "Seriously? I didn't know you could act."
    "I didn't know I could either, but I'm doing okay."

JXvYxcM.png
    "Oh come on Cale, you're doing more than 'okay.' He's a fantastic actor. We were just in a daytime TV show together called Dead Sea Adventures. We did a romantic scene and he was so convincing, you would've thought he really was into guys."
    "Is that so? I love that show! Did you kiss and everything?"

"No, just some flirting, then I had a sword fight with a girl who thought he was hers."
    "Aww, too bad, I would've liked to have seen a kissing scene."
    "Hey, I have an idea! We could do a romantic scene for you right now. What do you think Cale? I could use the practice."
    "Uh, yeah, sure. I guess."

xVvaDP8.png
    Cale took Easton aside and whispered, "Dude, I've never kissed a guy before."
    "Don't worry, you'll do fine. Do you have a girlfriend?"
    "Yeah."
    "Just pretend I'm her and go for it. Don't hold back."
    "Okay, I'll try."
    "Cool! Let's do it!"

Pi3If01.png
    "Aye, ye best forget about the buxom wench. She won't be tryin' to stop us now me handsome buccaneer."

VY51aLo.png
    (Oh my, that's so hot!)

9DU0k1B.png
    *loud stage whisper* "You be mine now bucko, do ye want to visit me quarters? Oh darlin', can't wait to have ye in me bed an' feel ye skin against mine."
    "Yes, Oh God, yes, yes, Cale, I mean Captain."
    (Hmm, me thinks this Easton guy is really into Cale. Looks like Cale likes it too.)
    (No, he's just a very good actor!)
    (If that was acting, he deserves an Oscar!)

CReOJyI.png
    (Wow! What...what just happened?)
    "Woo, that was fantastic! Very convincing. Bravo! You are a fabulous actor Cale. You too Easton. Thanks for the demonstration. I should be going now though. It's getting late and I promised Miracle I'd help practice her lines."
    "Thanks, okay, good to see you Aurora and wish Miracle good luck for me. Stop by sometime before you go back home. We live just right over there."
    "Oh, well, we live here now, but I'll do that. I still have your number so I'll call first. By the way, you said 'we' live there. You and Fox?"
    "No, no, Sandy, my girlfriend, and our two boys. Fox is engaged to Venus now. They have a Son together. You remember Venus, from the fight?"
    "Oh yes, I do. I didn't know they were a couple though. I thought you were with Fox. You seemed so close. Silly me."
    "We are close, best friends. But that's all."
    "Alright, see you soon Cale."
    "Bye Aurora."

12VLxoD.png
    "I should get going too. Girlfriend huh? That's cool."
    "Yeah, I love her, I plan to propose to her soon."
    "I see.... Congratulations! Okay, see you on the set sometime Cale. G'night."
    "Thanks, night Easton."

hnDqpc7.png
    Cale went home and found Sandy out on the patio making drinks, waiting for him to return.
    "You won't believe what just happened. I saw Aurora at the park. She moved here with her daughter, Miracle, who wants to be an actress."
    "What a small world."

ji4hvVH.png
    "But that's not all. One of my co-stars, Easton, from that Pirate show, Dead Sea Adventures, you remember?"
    "Yes, I do."
    "Well, he was there too and we did a scene together for Aurora. I guess she's a fan of the show."
    "Aww, what a sweet thing to do! What kind of scene did you do?"

KiuaS2R.png
    "A romantic scene and I...I kissed him. Not just a little peck either, a big, fat, delicious kiss on the lips. Oh man, Sandy and...and...I...I...can't even say it."
    "What? What!?"
    "It...moved."
    "What moved?"
    "You knowwwww, when I'm...turned on...IT! Oh Gawd. Sandy, why did that happen? I love YOU, I'm not into guys. I don't get it."
    "You're just a very good actor, you put everything you've got into your acting Cale. That's all. You're being so silly."
    "Okay, yeah, I do. You're right. I'm being paranoid for nothing."
    "Yup. I'm impressed though. That's some phenomenal acting, even fooled yourself!"
    "Alright, I'm going to take a shower."

CHaM9rv.png
    Sandy decided to join him...

VEvIJky.png
    "I'm headed for the hot tub, join me?"

mQFkz2E.png
    6MQy8yB.png
    "Hey, what's with the face?"
    "I don't know."
    "Sandy, you said yourself I was just putting everything into it. I'm not going to leave you for a guy or something. I love you. Do you believe me?"
    "Yes, and you know I love you too, right?"
    "Of course. Now who's being silly?"
    "I am...kiss me Cale."

CMQCvnM.png
    zcwv8Wo.png
    "Feel better? I sure do."
    "Ohhh yeahhh!"

Hae1wkA.png
    "I'm going to bed. Coming?"
    "Yeah...I'll be right there."

(Stop thinking about it!)
    (I can't...)
    (Maybe... maybe I need to kiss another guy to see...if it happens again.)
    (I'll probably get another romantic scene with a guy. Right?)
    (But what if I don't? I'll always wonder...)
    (Just stop it. You're being silly.)
    (Maybe, but I need to know. What if I am attracted to guys?)
    (What if you are? So what? Would that be so bad?)
    (Tsk, no, of course not. I'm not like my Step-Dad. What worries me the most is...)
    (If I am, what does that mean for me and Sandy? I love her, I do!)
    (Then you have nothing to worry about. You love her, she loves you. End of story. )

Cale sat still thinking for a little while more, but then got out of the hot tub and went to bed. He snuggled up to Sandy until they were spooned together, kissed her cheek and whispered, "I love you."

She gave a soft sigh making him smile before slowly drifting off to sleep.

And he dreamed...
    Post edited by Karababy52 on
    *Updated my June 10th post above! I'll get started on comments/replies next. Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    @KateLynne

No worries! So sorry to hear your injury was worse than expected. Glad things are better now and yay for a better PC, that's always fun! Of course it's okay to post this, you just took a long break! By the way, Cale and Mackenzie have a child together now, though neither one knows Cale is the Father. Their daughter's name is Emilia in case you were curious. :)

Hope to see you posting again soon and welcome back! :)

@LegacySims2017
    Yeah, I had to laugh when I realized what he was doing! A vampire pirate! I love it! Yep, dear Eric is quite smitten with Cale. He keeps forgetting that Cale is taken, poor guy. Ah well, at least they can be friends. :)

Ugh, those calls! They're driving me crazy! Cale keeps getting job offers too, even from Sims he'd never ever talk to again, for instance Eros. 🙄 Ah well, not much one can do about it I guess unless I want to use a Mod. I won't though, some of them end up hilarious, like the one he got from Ze Therapist.

Oh yeah, I understand. Totally depends on the relationship between siblings. :) I thought about having Cale live in the Hills with the other celebrities, but it just didn't seem like what he would do. It's nice up there, but too fancy for his tastes really. I wish there was a wooded area, that would be perfect for him. Ah well...
    June 11th: Notoriety

Today's Accomplishments:
    Self-Care Specialist
    - Gain self-care notoriety
    - Become a spa regular

World-Famous Celebrity

- Deal with the paparazzi 3 times

kFZOK1W.png

• SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited June 2022
    June 11 - A Little Change...Or So I Thought

zach-hobbs-in-sulani-start.png
    Hi Everyone!

See note below - Beach Life Aspiration doesn't work for teens.

Okay, so throwing in the towel for this challenge. Sorry everyone.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I have been thinking about this challenge and my long-winded storyline with Dylan, and figured that if I kept on track with his story, and my too busy time schedule, it would be September before I got out of Strangerville. lol Plus I am heading off on holiday in July, so I will get even further behind. So, the storyline is taking waaayyy too long. [To be honest, I played him to the end of uni, but the story aspect is what is holding me up on this.]

To resolve this, I have decided that Dylan will be mysteriously "leaving" the challenge. Yes, I love Dylan and Morgan's story...but I just don't have the time to tell it...and the purpose of this challenge is to do the aspirations.

So, with that being said, I am going to start mid-way with another teen sim. I will not be doing a story for him, just a few comments on his progress mainly with a few screenshots. I think this might work better for me to do it that way.

He will be starting in Sulani, rags to riches, and work on the Beach Life Aspiration (@LegacySims - remember Jaxon last year?) because you can do that as a teen. I am not going to have him repeat all the other worlds, but he might go to Windenburg for that Aspiration, we shall see. He will only be a teen for June, then age up to YA and go to Evergreen Harbor for July.

I really like to play rags to riches and feel that sims can make simoleons so fast in this game. So, not sure if he will start fresh in each world with rags to riches, or just keep going. Anyway, I created a new sim, and was actually thinking of doing a Rags to Riches Extreme 100-Baby Challenge when I did (just to play something different in my spare time! lol). At the same time, a Family Oriented 100-Baby Challenge popped up in the forums, and so I have him there as a married YA sim playing that challenge.

And so, I decided that he will take over in this challenge from Dylan. I know that the point of the challenge is to have one sim for the whole year, but, as I mentioned, Dylan's story is going to take too much time to do, and I really don't have the time to do it properly.

Anyway, here is the new sim who will be doing the challenge. [I will up-load him to the gallery later, have to go out and paint some boards right now.]

Meet Zach Hobbs

zach-hobbs-teen.png

His traits are kelptomaniac, glutton and his Aspiration is Chief of Mischief.

zach-hobbs-teen-in-gallery.png

He is starting on the Tangled Flat bulldozed lot in Ohan'ali Town with 0 simoleons in Summer. His lot traits are Off-The-Grid and Volcanic Activity. He has also joined Scouting. He is close to the festival grounds, where he can use a volcanic barbeque searer (the in-ground pit) for free. There are public restrooms and a bench nearby. He is also close to the beach and bar. [Note: I had done a run-through for Zach living on Key Point in Mua Pel'am, but he died swimming to get to the restroom, so that was a no-go. This was a safer bet.] I will be uploading your sims and aging them up to YA in my game, so we will see them around the world. I will have Neighborhood Stories on (except die in accidents & moving out), so anything can happen.

Backstory:

Zach Hobbs is a homeless beach bum. Zach's parents died in a plane crash in Selvadorada, and with no other surviving relatives, he was shuffled from foster home to foster home. When he became a teen, he decided he wanted to start his own life, and ran away. After taking a few odd jobs and living on the streets for a few years, he decided to cash in his meagre savings for a plane ticket to Sulani. He had sold everything he had for a fresh start. Life on the beach sounded like a good plan to Zach.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Notes:

Well, a small glitch in starting in Sulani as Teens cannot drink or make kava. So, for the first milestone, and the kava party, I will have one of the challenge sims temporarily move in with him, so they can make the kava.

Well, that doesn't work either. So, scrapping these plans. Sorry.
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    June - Day 11: "ZBB: Apocalypse Rising starring Cale Conrad as Jace..."

s7UFCoC.png

Notes
    fpgi3cu.png
    This time when Cale arrived at the studio, a larger crowd of studio staff and actors/actresses were there to greet and cheer for him. It all seemed so surreal to him. He smiled and thanked everyone, trying to act as humble as he could in the face of such adoration. To him, he was just Cale, to them he was a recognizable star and they wanted to show that he deserved the title.

gkI639c.png
    Cale walked over and shook Eric's hand, happy to see his friend. He did the same with Joselyn. Cale and his two newest good friends had a chat for a couple minutes before going inside to do their appointed jobs for the day. He noticed Lena and Gene were producers today which meant he would be working with yet another new Director. Hopefully they too liked his work.

6ypjQhi.png
    His co-stars in the primetime tv show he would be acting in today were, Venessa DeJong and someone truly unbelievable, Judith Ward. Cale's fame was indeed rising in the industry. Never in his wildest dreams did he believe that one day, he'd be the star of a show and Global Superstar Judith Ward would be his co-star. Incredible...

fBjkiDh.png
    He and Venessa practiced their lines together for awhile before Cale went to wardrobe and then to see how Eric would style him today.

2feeDdJ.png
    "I'm speechless Eric. I look like a red-headed Mad Max!"
    "Thank you, that's exactly the look I was going for you today Honey." Eric said with a wink.
    "I watched you do it and I still can't figure out how you managed to get all my hair under this extremely short, close-fitting wig. I'm in awe of your skills! You're truly a master, an artist. Seriously, they don't pay you enough."
    "You flatter me Honey. I won't lie though, makes me feel good hearing you say that. Thank you."

oDAxJd7.png
    There was a bit of time before Cale needed to report to the stage, so he and Eric spent some time chatting, telling each other jokes and just having fun getting to know each other more.

TvqwwDB.png
    Cale had a fleeting idea for a moment of acting on his thoughts in the hot tub after Sandy left. But he quickly realized it wasn't necessary. While he did find Eric an attractive man and admired him, that's where it ended. He had no desire to kiss him or anything else. He was confident that Sandy was right, he'd only been 'in the moment' when acting with Easton.

(Are you absolutely sure?)
    (Positive! I love and desire women, I always have and Sandy most of all.)

3rEHgLu.png
    Straight out of the chute, Cale had a fight scene with Venessa.
    "BREAK IT! BREAK IT! COME ON VICKY!"
    "Ahhh, I can't, I can't! Let me go Jace!"

7Bw7RUC.png
    "You're pathetic, can't even break a simple chokehold. I can't use you, get out of my sight."
    "No, please, I need this job. I need the plants. I got a kid to feed Jace."
    "Not my problem. I'm not running a charity here. I need tough, I need bad butts to protect this place. Not wimpy Mothers."
    "Give me another chance, I'll toughen up, you'll see."
    "Nope, one and done. Go get your plants somewhere else."
    "But it's not for me, it's for my kid."
    "Ahhh, alright, alright, take one plant, that's it. But if I hear you sold it for anything other than food, I'll send Brutus after you, understand?"
    *Gasp* "Thank you, thank you, you're so sweet!"
    "No I'm not, you owe me and I want payment tomorrow night, come alone and ready to rock or you get Brutus instead."
    "I'll be here!"

Vicky grabbed a plant and ran out of the crumbling house.

KJy0ff6.png
    "Ahhh! Why can't I find good help? Why do I let them walk all over me? Why does everyone want a free ride? This is MY place, mine! Nothing's free in this life, nothing!"

iFEeIiI.png
    "I'm not the bad guy, just because I got what everyone wants doesn't mean I have to give it away. I should get something for it. Right? It's only fair. I didn't ask for the plants to grow here, but they did. So why shouldn't I get what I want, it's MY house...now anyway...I'm trying Mother, but... it's hard. So hard..."

4DYhyBI.png
    Cale was next tasked with playing a rock song on the guitar. He did not sing, but here's a song I imagined he might play for this scene:

Tomorrow soon turns into yesterday.
    Everything we see just fades away.
    There's sky and sand where mountains used to be.
    Time drops by a second to eternity.
    It doesn't matter if we turn to dust;
    Turn and turn and turn we must!
    I guess I'll see you dancin' in the ruins tonight!
    Dancin' in the ruins!
    Guess I'll see you dancin' in the ruins tonight!

0u6CxGB.png
    There's laughter where I used to see your tears.
    It's all done with mirrors, have no fears.
    There's nothing pure or sacred in our time.
    The nights we spend together are no crime.
    Turn and turn and turn we must!
    Dancin' in the ruins!

6g11TvG.png
    Like marble statues all with gold inlaid
    In castles built of silence, let us play.
    Even though our skulls rot in our flesh.
    We can build a laser, tear the mesh.
    Turn and turn and turn we must.
    Dancin' in the ruins!

(Source: Blue Oyster Cult)

Dp5Hzkg.png
    "What is that get-up you're wearing Blaire. You look like a robot llama or something."
    "It's protection against the bugs. They're spreading Jace. You should wear one too."

ZTNz7c0.png
    "I'm not wearing that. I'm immune remember?"
    "Just because you haven't caught it yet doesn't mean you're immune Jace. You've just been lucky so far."

2ACgeLx.png
    "But I am! I am, I'm immune, I'm strong, I'm invincible! Nothing can touch me!"
    "Put me down you fool!"

pyd4laE.png
    "I'm no fool. Why do you think I stay here? Why do you think I protect this place? It's the plants Blaire. They keep me safe, they'll keep everyone safe. I'll grow more and everyone will want them and I'll be rich!"
    "You can't grow enough for everyone Jace. Why would you want payment for them? Give them away, save the world Jace, at least the part of it that you can."
    "Why should I? They're mine, I have a right to get something out of it. This is MY house, mine!"
    "But you do give them away, I've seen you do it. You're not the bad butt you claim to be."
    "Shut up! Yes I am. Just go away if you're not here to buy any plants."
    "No wonder you're a loner Jace. What changed you? What happened to the world? You used to be such a nice guy."
    "Haven't you heard, nice guys finish last. Everyone wants a bad boy."
    "Alright, I'm going, but I'll be back to check on you."
    "Pfft, I don't need another Mother, all they do is...leave you."
    "She didn't want to die Jace."
    "BUT SHE DID AND SHE LEFT ME HERE TO FEND FOR MYSELF! AND I CAN! I CAN TAKE CARE OF MYSELF, I DON'T NEED YOU OR ANYONE ELSE."

Blaire left, shaking her head in sadness. Now she knew what had changed the sweet boy she used to know.

qhdcMxH.png
    "I don't feel so good..."

tx2XM95.png
    "Oh Gawd, I'm infected, I'm dying! NO! I'm not ready, I'm not done here, who will take care of the plants? They'll die without me."

jxVKQOr.png
    "I'm dying, alone, just like you did Mother. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I tried to make you proud, I didn't mean to leave you alone. But it's too late for sorries now...forgive me..."

o33ioPC.png

HYRe5pm.png
    "CUT! Print! That's a wrap everyone!"
    "How'd I do?"

akWuDIa.png
    "Bravo Cale, you were magnificent, breathtaking! You deserve an accolade for that performance."

faqORBz.png
    Cale smiled and thanked the Director, taking a bow to the cheers of the studio crew. He left the stage, grabbed a bowl of salad and sat down with his co-workers to have a chat. A little while later he got the news. He'd been promoted to a Sitcom Star and as predicted by the Director, his performance was nominated for a Starlight Accolade award! Congratulations Cale!

I hope all that makes sense. I tried. :D Hope y'all had a wonderful day/night! <3
    One Month, One World, One Year Challenge: The Adventures of Dash Joseph Faireborn
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may21.jpg
    May 21: We're All In This Together!

Special Appearances By: Cale Conrad ( @Karababy52 ), Aaron Winterson ( @afai1261 ), Aldo Holloway ( @Llandros2012 ), Bryon Ellison ( @Skeilah ), Dylan Healy ( @SoulGal7 ), Adam Strong ( @RememberJoy )
    Dylan eventually showed his zombified form from being infected. D.J. had grabbed the jar of the vaccine, but forgot the syringe. The best exposed parts for the infection are the eyes and mouth, so D.J. decides to go ahead and splash Dylan in the face with it as if he's throwing a drink at him. Dylan spasms for a short bit and then shakes it off.

"How do you feel?" D.J. asks Dylan.
    "Wet!" Dylan replies. "Did it work?"
    "I think so. Your reaction was different from me trying to snap you out of the zombified state. I think the reaction from the vaccine making contact with your eyes and also going in your mouth worked."
    "I don't know what any of that means, but I assume a thank you is in order."
    "Don't thank me yet. We've got a bigger issue. But knowing you're okay now will help. I need to make a phone call."

dj-05-283.jpg
    dj-05-284.jpg

D.J. calls Allesandra and lets her know the vaccine worked. She is thrilled to hear the news.

"What's your thoughts or next plan?" Allesandra questions D.J. over the phone.
    "Can you make a lot more of this? I do mean a lot. I saw some sprayers in the base here. I'd like to fill a few of them up with the vaccine. I think if my plan pans out, this vaccine will also bring down this Mother plant." D.J. replies.
    "I'll spend the day working on it."
    "I'm going to need hazmat suits for my team as well if you can get your hands on more."
    "I'll see what I can do."

dj-05-285.jpg

D.J. gathers the team afterwards and lets them know of his plan.

"I'd like you all come help defeat this thing, but I understand if you're not up to it." D.J. announces. "My scientist informant is working on something to hopefully defeat it. It'll be risky."
    "Let's do this!" Aaron exclaims.

The team is in unison in helping D.J. He goes over his plan with them and lets them know the details of what he saw so they are prepared for what they will be encountering.

dj-05-286.jpg

That evening, it was time for D.J. to put his plan into action. Allesandra had provided everything D.J. had asked for. Each of his team members received a hazmat suit. This was to protect them if this Mother plant tried to infect the team. They had some type of protection to wear. Each also receives a spray can filled with the vaccine.

The team makes their way to the Laboratory. D.J. gives them all one last pep talk before they change into their hazmat suits.

dj-05-287.jpg

The group changes into their hazmat suits and follow D.J. through the mechanical doors and corridors leading into the deepest part of the Laboratory. When they arrive to the final door, D.J. reminds them what they are about to see and not to be afraid.

D.J. puts the plastic card up to the control panel and the door slides open. In the middle of the chambers is a large plant similar to some that were growing on the ground throughout the town. D.J. leads them up the platform to get a closer look at what they are up against. Some of the team had to turn away, but D.J. reassures the group that if they work together, everything will be okay.

dj-05-288.jpg

D.J. instructs his team to surround the Mother Plant and use the spray cans. As each of the members get into position, D.J. grabs his spray can and begins dousing the Mother Plant. He would even throw a jar at it hoping the glass would break and injure the plant while also having it absorb the vaccine.

dj-05-289.jpg
    dj-05-290.jpg

Infected Sims soon entered the room in the Laboratory. One was making their way towards Cale. D.J. notices this as he's continuing to spray the Mother. He informs Cale that the infected may gain a bit of extra strength, reminding him of the one who took over himself. Cale drops his can and gets into defense mode and begins to fight off the infected Sim.

dj-05-291.jpg
    dj-05-292.jpg
    dj-05-293.jpg
    dj-05-294.jpg

Dylan put in his mind that this creature infected him which makes him put full force into spraying the Mother Plant.

dj-05-295.jpg

Aaron wishes he could grab the thing and choke it to death.

dj-05-296.jpg

After what feels like hours, the Mother Plant becomes exhausted from the fight and does her best to release the vaccination from inside her. However, it is too much for her and soon the Mother Plant falls limp.

dj-05-297.jpg
    dj-05-298.jpg

Victory was theirs!

dj-05-299.jpg
    dj-05-300.jpg

Side Notes:
    • For story purposes I did the Vaccinate 3 Sims portion of Aspiration behind-the-scenes where the vaccine doesn't work and it needs to be updated. I felt it better to have the vaccine work the first time in the writing process. I also went ahead and used the vaccine on all the other Challenge Sims to help Recruit 3 Sims to Help Stop the Source of the Infection.
    • You can only select three Sims to help fight, but I brought all of the Challenge Sims part of the military team to help. The story focuses on D.J. and three others.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    June 10th Comments:

@KateLynne
    Good to hear from you and glad your arm is doing better. Continue to take care of yourself.

@RememberJoy
    Loving all the screenshots of Adam's different expressions. You capture them great each day. Don't need a story. The images tell one themselves. :smile:

@Karababy52
    Practice makes perfect and Cale Jr. ended up showing that. Good for him. Poor Joe. Getting sent to his room by the Watcher cause of his mood swing. Ha, ha. Aurora's expression when Cale kissed Easton for show. I think she wanted to be on the other end of that kiss. I think she really needed to leave so she could take a cold shower after watching that. :joy: Cale better be careful. One might think he's into both guys and girls even though he's about to be engaged...maybe...hopefully.
    Eros offering Cale a job. :joy: Too funny. I'm so close to finishing MY May month and starting June. Will take a peek at DSV neighborhoods and see which one I think best fits D.J. I think.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    June 11th Comments:

@RememberJoy
    Looks like Adam is enjoying sharing the spotlight with Judith. :smile:

@SoulGal7
    I am going to miss Dylan in your story. :cry: I'm going to hook him up with Morgan in mine, though. Gotta keep them together somewhere, somehow.

Hopefully this restart with just showing off images of Aspiration goals and such might be better. Maybe Zach will meet Jackson? :grimace: (right name, wrong story)

@Karababy52
    lol ... the plants didn't save Jace afterall. "Good storytelling, Cale!" :grin: I love his facial expression at the end asking how'd he do to the director. Hopefully he wins an accolade award.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
    @LegacySims2017
    Yay! Dylan's cured! I knew he would be, but still. :) And of course everyone is gung ho and ready to go fight the Mother. Including Mr. Heart Boxers Anti-Alien Mind Reader Hat wearing guy. hehe Gah! Look at all that beef cake! <3

hehe Is that Cale looking at the Watcher instead of the Mother? So funny! It's like he's saying "You want us to fight THAT?" LOL! Woo Hoo Go Cale! Good job Buddy fighting that plant zombie! He looks pretty proud of himself. hehe Dylan and Aaron look so fierce! They really want this! Can't blame Dylan especially!

Annnnd, she's defeated! Congratulations DJ & DJ's team! You did it! I thought it was a nice touch having all the challenge Sims at least go there, all in suits as if they were going to fight her too. Very sweet of you to do that! I figured you'd did the experimental vaccine 'off stage' too. :)

Yep, Cale Jr. is a determined little tyke! hehe Aww, it was only for a few hours, Joe didn't suffer. I felt bad doing it, but he kept making the phase worse on himself always trying to chat with family members and they weren't helping by seeking him out either. Poor guy was constantly tense and getting himself into trouble. It was for his own good. ;)

HAHA! Well, yeah, you could be right about Aurora. She certainly looked intrigued and into it eh? I'm sure you've read my latest update by now and know that he's realized he's not really into guys at all. No fear he and Sandy won't get engaged and eventually married. It's coming soon, I promise. :)

I couldn't believe it when Eros called with the job offer. I shouldn't be surprised though, the game doesn't know my story, so it just picked a random Sim. It gave me a chuckle though so it's all good. Yes! You're almost there now! DSV is small, I'm sure you'll find something that will suit DJ. I love the hills area, but it just didn't seem to fit Cale. He's still got a very, very nice house though. I guess it's a ranch mansion really. hehe

Nope, the plants didn't save him, they probably actually attracted the bugs to him, poor guy. hehe Thanks, it was fun screenshotting this update and trying to think up some kind of plausible plot for the gig. Kind of cheesy, but it was fun! :) I hope Cale wins too since he needs to win for the aspiration! That's the only thing holding him back at the moment from progressing further with it. Cross your fingers! :)
    Table of Contents
    1m-1w-1y-may22.jpg
    May 22: Hero!

dj-05-301.jpg

Side Note:
    No storytelling for this daily image. Each daily image is a day on in-game time as well, so using this as if a day goes by after they defeated the Mother Plant.
    Visit LegacySims.net!
    pol-reese.gif
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    edited July 2022
    Hi All,
    So whatever plans I had to re-start this challenge in Sulani and do the Beach Life Aspiration as a teen fell through. Teens can't drink or make kava and for some reason, even when I had a YA live with him, the party prompts for the Kava Party didn't come up. Just finished a Kava Party, and only got a Bronze, with no party prompts. So that is a no-go. Very frustrating.

So, I think it will be best if I say farewell to this challenge. I really can only do this on the weekend, so I think it is just a time thing. Anyway, I have enjoyed it and wish everyone well as they continue to do this to the end of the year.

@Karababy52 -
    Wow! Cale as a redhead looks so hot! Sorry, I am again not continuing in this challenge...I feel I just put myself up for failure with these long-winded storylines...and just don't have enough time to tell them. Good luck in the challenge. You always do so well. :)

@LegacySims2017 -
    Yeah, Dylan was cured! Thanks so much for having him part of your story. Love it, and congrats for beating the mother!
    Post edited by SoulGal7 on
    @SoulGal7
    Sorry to hear you're dropping out, but I get it.
    Summer is a busy time for me too, so I'll probably be keeping my story telling to the basics for awhile.
    Hope you have a good vacation in July!
    edited June 2022
    June 12th: Yoga in the park

Today's Accomplishments:
    (OK, so the two goals down below are apparently bugged because I know I've made at least 5000 simleons in yoga classes, and I know I've had a repeat customer at least 10 times because I've had the same celebrities showing up almost every day for my classes, and I do multiple classes a day, so I just cheated them complete.)

Self-Care Specialist
    - Hustle - Makes 5000 simoleons teaching wellness classes
    - Maintain a regular customer

RvQO1Gw.png
    It was a cool Sunday morning as we made our way to the park for an early morning yoga class.
    Of course the paparazzi weren't far behind us, but I think they may have attracted a few more sims over to join our class, so it was all good.

ZgfSp9W.png

After class I signed a few more autographs and chatted with the sims who had joined my class.

MgfmLFV.png

Kaori and Carol went in search of some breakfast and bought a couple cupcakes at a food vendor while I held a second class for sims who'd missed out on our first session.

46s1Jlm.png

Carol then dragged Kaori over to check out the celebrity tiles.

dCSYmXE.png

We then headed to the nightclub where I ended up spending the majority of my time talking to my fans who seemly came out of the woodwork to meet me. (Still nobody asking for a selfie, sigh)

jaA5kWm.png

While talking with Judith Ward, the famous actress suddenly fell to the ground and started doing pushups right there on the spot!

aT0YD0l.png

I guess yoga's done her some good!

Eventually I was able to slip away from my fans and bust out a few moves on the dance floor before retreating home for the night.

zGvuDKR.png

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top