The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Are You Buying Werewolves ?

Comments

• 100LilDreams100LilDreams Posts: 34 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    it is against my personal law to not get this pack as i love occults. that and since sims 4 vampires were a great improvement of sims 3 im hoping it will be the same for werewolves. i just really hope their autonomy dotn always do that tug of war toy animation, its very cute to see it but pls i want werewolves not bipedal dogs
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    I'm so getting this Pack...
  • naeshellenaeshelle Posts: 62 Member
    Undecided
    It depends on what the wild werewolf attacks look like (if there are any). If it's going to be some sim randomly jumping on my sim out of nowhere & attacking them, I'm not going to buy it (or, I'll wait until someone mods that out).
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    I'm not an occult player and I haven't felt like playing TS4 in ages. However, the drips and drabs about the werewolf pack piqued my interest. I looked forward to the live preview on Friday. Yet, once it was over, some of my enthusiasm went with it. It wasn't as informative as I would have liked. By the time that the Gurus started getting to the good stuff, it was over.

I'll check the web for other overviews of the werewolf system/traits. It they're as interesting as I hope that they will be, I may play an occult for the first time, ever. In TS4, playing an occult may be the only way to get the gameplay and attention to detail that I crave.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
  • muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Just to be straight forward.... I'm going to say that it'll probably mostly for sure be likely a yes.
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    VeeDub wrote: »
    Not immediately, but yeah, eventually I'll get to it. I'm not really crazy about the beast form aesthetic (of the ones shown in the trailer, anyway), but I think I can adapt to it... with time. :tongue: Hopefully some CC will come along pretty quickly to help me achieve something closer to the look I want. Love the pack's title, though. Simple and to the point is always a winner with me! :grin:

After seeing the stream I feel like I need to amend my original remarks. Most of the pack looks ok, but now I need spoilers (possibly many spoilers) to know if it'll be more than a "maybe" purchase for me. I'm not at all fond of the pack social structure (at least what they showed of it), and it seems more restrictive than I had thought it might be in terms of opportunities for variety in individual player-driven narratives. I knew it wouldn't be a whole free-form kind of thing, of course, but I don't know that I want to play someone else's story more than once. The world, BB, and CAS don't really get me very excited, either, so the game pack might not be worth a purchase at all for me. :disappointed: I'm not deciding against it just yet, but at this point I definitely need to know more details before any decision comes.

The pack structure is what I'm most unhappy about. It seems very restrictive and I really don't want to have to play through, fight and overthrow the existing pack everytime I want to have an alpha and my own pack. Then I'm stuck with whatever preset pack rules exist. I don't know if they will allow you to make any changes once you become pack leader.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,819 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    The pack structure is what I'm most unhappy about. It seems very restrictive and I really don't want to have to play through, fight and overthrow the existing pack everytime I want to have an alpha and my own pack. Then I'm stuck with whatever preset pack rules exist. I don't know if they will allow you to make any changes once you become pack leader.

According to GrimSuruDoi:
    Becoming pack leader allows you to do things like recruit and kick members, have leader chats with the other pack leader, and change the way the hangout looks, but things like the name and values of the pack are core to their identity and stay the same from leader to leader.

ETA: I guess he meant 'kick out' members.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Not immediately, but yeah, eventually I'll get to it. I'm not really crazy about the beast form aesthetic (of the ones shown in the trailer, anyway), but I think I can adapt to it... with time. :tongue: Hopefully some CC will come along pretty quickly to help me achieve something closer to the look I want. Love the pack's title, though. Simple and to the point is always a winner with me! :grin:

After seeing the stream I feel like I need to amend my original remarks. Most of the pack looks ok, but now I need spoilers (possibly many spoilers) to know if it'll be more than a "maybe" purchase for me. I'm not at all fond of the pack social structure (at least what they showed of it), and it seems more restrictive than I had thought it might be in terms of opportunities for variety in individual player-driven narratives. I knew it wouldn't be a whole free-form kind of thing, of course, but I don't know that I want to play someone else's story more than once. The world, BB, and CAS don't really get me very excited, either, so the game pack might not be worth a purchase at all for me. :disappointed: I'm not deciding against it just yet, but at this point I definitely need to know more details before any decision comes.

Yes, exactly. I don't mean to throw shade on the team's hard work because I understand their intention in keeping just two werewolf packs in the gamepack itself. But their very valid reasons ultimately mean that they want us to play their story, not our own (unless ours happens to also coincide with theirs, of course). That's fine for people who wanted that. But that isn't my play style at all in this kind of game.

I could possibly use the club system in Get Together (which I do have, at least; if I didn't I'd be out of luck) to achieve some kind of alternative pack structure, something closer to what I wanted. But that means ignoring a lot of what the gamepack was apparently meant to be. Maybe too much, and it may not even be possible, at least not yet, not before we have mods to help with that and some other things. Just because I understand why it was done this way doesn't mean I'm not disappointed about that. Still, if I end up not getting Werewolves (which I've wanted for a long time, by the way), I do have other stories to make about other things, so I'll be fine. ;)
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • cody6268cody6268 Posts: 643 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Includes a new world--so yes.

Will likely mess around with the werewolves a bit, as it seems like a waste to buy the pack and not do so.
  • DanmanNefariusDanmanNefarius Posts: 947 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    it is against my personal law to not get this pack as i love occults. that and since sims 4 vampires were a great improvement of sims 3 im hoping it will be the same for werewolves. i just really hope their autonomy dotn always do that tug of war toy animation, its very cute to see it but pls i want werewolves not bipedal dogs

i love occults too, but i do not like being scammed, and since EA is famous for their greedy antics and disregard for their customers and product quality i am very wary.

yes i do agree TS 4 vampires are better than TS 3 ones but it does not warrant EA selling each occult for 30 bucks while in TS 3 they were all included in one pack (yeah yeah vampires were already introduced with late night but even without vamps late night is thé TS 3 EP to get first because of how much it offers and TS 3 supernatural is also a very good pack on it's own, especially if you enjoy occult gameplay!), and we even got fairies and zombies and a whole big world dedicated to occults along with it for the same price as one TS 4 EP which doesn't even offer one third of what one TS 3 pack offered (with the exception of get together ofc, that one is quite allrighty in my book! love the club system and i simply adore Windenburg and it's inhabitants which are most of my favorite premades, but other than that one and maybe city life i am not impressed yet)...

i hope i am wrong but i just have this gnawing feeling that it's just gonna be another lackluster overpriced pack like most of them turned out to be... though i always hope to be proven wrong ofcourse but i am not holding my breath...
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Undecided
    I have just about made up my mind. It's probably going to be a No. I'm waiting on the release and @Horrorgirl6 negative thread usually done to point out what is lacking, could have been better and or bugs etc. I don't buy anything without reading those anymore.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Well hopefully that thread will get a title makeover. Maybe TS4 Critical Thoughts Thread. I've always thought it was more about constructive criticism than negativity.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Undecided
    Well hopefully that thread will get a title makeover. Maybe TS4 Critical Thoughts Thread. I've always thought it was more about constructive criticism than negativity.

I think the titles of both types of threads positive and negative threads should be renamed. However, it's hard write out Constructive Criticism thread when there is always a 'Positive' referral in the other type thread which winds up being more gushing than constructive from a technical, gaming, point of view. It's hard to see what is constructive if someone just writes ' I love the new world!' Or this pack rocks! without finding out why the world is the best ever when those worlds may only contain four or five lots and no way to edit them.

Maybe it's time to rethink the whole argument is something negative and or positive or just griping and or gushing.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    No

According to GrimSuruDoi:
    Becoming pack leader allows you to do things like recruit and kick members, have leader chats with the other pack leader, and change the way the hangout looks, but things like the name and values of the pack are core to their identity and stay the same from leader to leader.

ETA: I guess he meant 'kick out' members.

Aw. I like "kick members" better.

For gameplay purposes! For gameplay purposes ofcourse! 😮
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Oh yes, absolutely. Already preordered.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
    edited June 2022
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Cinebar wrote: »

I think the titles of both types of threads positive and negative threads should be renamed. However, it's hard write out Constructive Criticism thread when there is always a 'Positive' referral in the other type thread which winds up being more gushing than constructive from a technical, gaming, point of view. It's hard to see what is constructive if someone just writes ' I love the new world!' Or this pack rocks! without finding out why the world is the best ever when those worlds may only contain four or five lots and no way to edit them.

Maybe it's time to rethink the whole argument is something negative and or positive or just griping and or gushing.

I really hadn't planned on doing a Positive Thoughts Thread for WereWolves as the reception, both here and on social media, is overwhelmingly positive. My reasoning for the thread is to allow simmers to enjoy posting about the pack without being derailed by bashing and non-constructive criticism.

Plus the PT thread is more of a gameplay, informational, and sharing thread. Not much gushing going on. 🙂
    Post edited by simgirl1010 on
  • sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Yes, exactly. I don't mean to throw shade on the team's hard work because I understand their intention in keeping just two werewolf packs in the gamepack itself. But their very valid reasons ultimately mean that they want us to play their story, not our own (unless ours happens to also coincide with theirs, of course). That's fine for people who wanted that. But that isn't my play style at all in this kind of game.

I could possibly use the club system in Get Together (which I do have, at least; if I didn't I'd be out of luck) to achieve some kind of alternative pack structure, something closer to what I wanted. But that means ignoring a lot of what the gamepack was apparently meant to be. Maybe too much, and it may not even be possible, at least not yet, not before we have mods to help with that and some other things. Just because I understand why it was done this way doesn't mean I'm not disappointed about that. Still, if I end up not getting Werewolves (which I've wanted for a long time, by the way), I do have other stories to make about other things, so I'll be fine. ;)

Exactly. I'm really excited for the pack and like you, I do understand to some extent why they made the choice but it still really restricts players in their gameplay. We HAVE to play with the existing pack and even if we work our way through the ranks to become Alpha, we can't even change the name or core values of the pack. So I'm basically stuck choosing the pack that aligns most closely with my storyline, which at this point is neither and then probably use cheats to keep myself from being kicked out or overthrown when I break the preset rules. And for people who don't have the Get Together pack, to get any "work around" they have to buy another pack and honestly the gurus even said, it's not the same. You lose all the benefits of being in a pack. Soo calling it a work around is pretty far fetched in my opinion. Despite this frustration though, I'll 100% buy the pack and I'm really happy with it and think it looks like they did a fantastic job.
  • GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)

Exactly. I'm really excited for the pack and like you, I do understand to some extent why they made the choice but it still really restricts players in their gameplay. We HAVE to play with the existing pack and even if we work our way through the ranks to become Alpha, we can't even change the name or core values of the pack. So I'm basically stuck choosing the pack that aligns most closely with my storyline, which at this point is neither and then probably use cheats to keep myself from being kicked out or overthrown when I break the preset rules. And for people who don't have the Get Together pack, to get any "work around" they have to buy another pack and honestly the gurus even said, it's not the same. You lose all the benefits of being in a pack. Soo calling it a work around is pretty far fetched in my opinion. Despite this frustration though, I'll 100% buy the pack and I'm really happy with it and think it looks like they did a fantastic job.

In some respects, I agree as well and I too feel EA/Maxis wants most players to play it their way and this expands to all of Sim 4 not just to the Wolf pack which is one of the two packs I actually like even thought it does have limitations. EA/Maxis tried or intentionally did to CL which featured apts in which there were apts in every pack before Sims 4 and were different in some sense in how I made them. In Sims 4 EA/Maxis restricted them to one area and to make it more limiting I cannot build from scratch so I had to play with what EA/Maxis gave me. You have to use the Neighborhoods the way EA/Maxis gave it me, static lots which are not movable and even if you rotate the house you had to make concessions. The way I see it in most instances it is a creativity that is forced on me to follow and truly not my own.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • ChuChuExpressChuChuExpress Posts: 3,228 Member
    Yes (Includes on sale)
    Am I getting it?
    YES.
    e6581e69b0d7d8f9e02cb1e30b50f464959bfb2a.png
    Sims 4 Family: Benjamin, Shine, Princess Roddy, Sophia and Hamish Furystrykar and Shelly Heart. Princess Roddy is my avatar, and he's a boy!
    Let those smiles spread!
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    No
    Too much money for the ts4 stuff. I have no plans to buy anything more for this game.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,108 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    I really wasn't sure when it was first announced. Right now I'm still leaning towards potentially buying it on sale, the same as I was after the livestream, but I haven't read or watched any reviews as yet.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    I really hadn't planned on doing a Positive Thoughts Thread for WereWolves as the reception, both here and on social media, is overwhelmingly positive.
    @simgirl1010
    I've got a few thoughts on that.

Simmers tend to swarm opposing opinions when it comes to a new pack. Especially given the constant chase for "better" content in TS4 (since it's not going to end anytime soon), nostalgia for past content, the gaslighting no one seems to acknowledge, and the fact that the pack's theme was long awaited--it all leads to an oppressive air about dissention as a whole.

It's much like not having much in the way of masculine clothing, in that if one hasn't the resources to express oneself, one will be less likely to. I don't care what randoms think about me, but were I to head into one of the Reddit forums for TS (moreso the TS4 one, than the TS one) and state "yeah...still not feeling the weres" (even with a detailed argument) I'd be down-voted into oblivion and every comment would be either "You haven't played the pack yet", or "See? People are so ungrateful", or my person favourite, "I liked them, so 🤷🏾‍♂️" (effectively a waste of time). That's not even taking into account that there are going to be those who play and end up feeling a way about it ex-post facto.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Undecided
    I would only buy it eventually on sale. Don't want to pay a premium for a product that will be broken on opening. I will wait to see whether it's a disaster, and how long, if ever, it takes to be fixed, because I don't buy packs for just set dressing, decor, and clothing. Gameplay is number one for me, so if that's a bust, the decorative aspects don't mean much, as I don't play it as an arts and crafts activity but a game.

Games require cause and effect: you do something, and something changes and happens in response to it. Painting, drawing, building a lego build, are worthwhile and fun activities, but they are not gameplay, they are creative, non-game activities.

So this game offers a lot in the area of arts and crafts, but the functional gameplay has been lacking compared to earlier versions.

You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • yesme88yesme88 Posts: 316 Member
    no, I really do not play with occult sims. I thought maybe for the world but looking at it more it's too small .
  • silentcyborgsilentcyborg Posts: 210 Member
    edited June 2022
    Undecided
    If the gameplay is there, it's pretty much a yes for me, and might be the only game pack I buy full price. The news of a new occult finally got me playing sims 4 after a longish break, and I'm excited about the news of having vampire and werewolf tensions (though I'm a bit not a fan of the werewolf look...).

However, I'm worried it might turn out like mws (I love the tea set but I can't justify buying it with the bugs and lacking gameplay) so until the reviews drop, it's a maybe from me.