Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member

oh which one shall bella goth be using while being abducted....

I guess its either 2 or 7... maybe 7 yes
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    Does anybody know if they have mentioned any new death?
    They have implied that the telescope that comes with the pack brings a new death.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

:hushed: Have the gurus confirmed possible abduction with telescopes? I know it's been in previous games but The Sims Wiki doesn't mention the big telescope we already have as a way to get abducted.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    This is a lot of information to take in all in a day lol 😅 trying to catch up even though I'm going to be a zombie tomorrow for staying up late.
    I can't believe they can clean themselves!! All these little details are so nice. This is the first time I find myself interested in lore. I don't think it's that disappointing we can't create our own packs because we have clubs, then people would complain they stole the club system from get together. This makes it more unique in a way. Plus I'm sure theres a way to get my preferred chosen pack members instead. Not my concern at the moment though... so many amazing things going on with this pack.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    I forgot to mention how much I love the bar truck thing! First time I actually care sbout a ts4 bar lol. My sims will be there ALL the time 😭😭 too much excitement in one day
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    I'm curious what will happen if we have aging on and the pack members who come with the game age and eventually die off. Will the game generate new pack members like it does with sages in RoM? I may have to set the pack leaders to not age, imagining that they have taken on the immortality quality, at least until I have a played Sim leading the packs.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    The fog effect shows up better here than in the trailer. It's still a thin, wispy fog, not the thick stuff some of us wanted. Like a lot of the big ideas we had early on, this will end up being better than what we wanted then. A thick world covering fog would require a big gaming system which most people don't want or need, or can't afford. This thin fog still lends the world an eerie feel which is good enough.

The one question left is, is this restricted to just Moonwood Mill or is there a way we can have it in all worlds? It would also be fitting in Forgotten Hollow. So hopefully it's something we can have elsewhere. Fingers crossed on that.

I agree! At least we got SOME kind of fog. Honestly I remember one time I filled my lot with fog machines (cc) and my computer was struggling so bad I thought it would explode everytime I was on the lot. I eventually discovered it was all the fog on an otherwise fairly empty lot, so I do think it would be heavy on the PC. Would be nice though!

What?!! Wow. If this is anything like get famous quirks I'm going to LOVE this!! Those quirks really make my celebrities feel unique from eachother! I cheat them on my sims and use them all the time.
    This sounds even more in depth though.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,942 Member
    edited June 2022
    SimplyJen wrote: »

:hushed: Have the gurus confirmed possible abduction with telescopes? I know it's been in previous games but The Sims Wiki doesn't mention the big telescope we already have as a way to get abducted.

I mean im just gonna find cheat or use the satellite dish anyway but :lol: for screencap purposes i shall have her gaze at the sky through one of these instead of the big old observatory
    even if it isn't what actually summons the aliens
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
    Aliens were the first occult so I give them a pass. I Think the sims team keeps getting better and better with how they do occults. I Know it takes a wild to get them but once we do they really exceed all expectations
    I rarely like rabbit holes but this underground tunnel is a lovely idea. It's obvious they couldn't give us non rabbit hole tunnels. I don't see how that would work out on ts4 especially being closed world. But this is a fun alternative I can see myself using a lot! They even added the challenge of remembering the routes!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,806 Member
    I rarely like rabbit holes but this underground tunnel is a lovely idea. It's obvious they couldn't give us non rabbit hole tunnels. I don't see how that would work out on ts4 especially being closed world. But this is a fun alternative I can see myself using a lot! They even added the challenge of remembering the routes!

The best part is the tunnel entrance is a BB item and can be placed on any lot, in any world and connect it to Moonwood Mill. Sort of how the Glimmerstone connects spellcasters to the Realm, only much cooler.
    edited June 2022
    To summarize my over active thoughts before I finally force myself to sleep, I LOVE EVERYTHING I SAW and I feel like these simple words don't express enough emotion😅. Much like vampires this is going to be a pack where there is just nothing I don't like about it. They really went all out! The Sims team did an amazing job from start to finish on this pack. If I had to pick a favorite thing it's Greg and the werewolf rampaging! I wanted something like that since forever! Occults that strike terror in the hearts of sims! And I love how enraged wolf totally goes crazy! I'm going to have loads of fun messing with Greg I'm so glad they decided to include him and his creepy little area with warning signs. All I need is pollution from Eco pack, thunder storms and a bit more fog for him to emerge from 😍 I'm drooling 🤤 if we can edit his house I'm going to put chimneys under it lol.
    And one more favorite! Napping anywhere on the ground 👁👄👁 I need this! Wait the pose!! How could I forget the lean pose! 🥲
    Ok I'm going to sleep now gotta wake up early! Though I'm so excited thinking about what I'm going to do with this pack that I'm not even sleepy 😑
    Also forgot to mention how great of a job James did on building! I don't think I will bulldoze anything just edit some. The hangout area for werewolves only is such a nice addition too!
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

I mean im just gonna find cheat or use the satellite dish anyway but :lol: for screencap purposes i shall have her gaze at the sky through one of these instead of the big old observatory
    even if it isn't what actually summons the aliens

ah I see :sweat_smile: silly me thinking I missed a tweet or something
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,806 Member
    To summarize my over active thoughts before I finally force myself to sleep, I LOVE EVERYTHING I SAW and I feel like these simple words don't express enough emotion😅. Much like vampires this is going to be a pack where there is just nothing I don't like about it. They really went all out! The Sims team did an amazing job from start to finish on this pack. If I had to pick a favorite thing it's Greg and the werewolf rampaging! I wanted something like that since forever! Occults that strike terror in the hearts of sims! And I love how enraged wolf totally goes crazy! I'm going to have loads of fun messing with Greg I'm so glad they decided to include him and his creepy little area with warning signs. All I need is pollution from Eco pack, thunder storms and a bit more fog for him to emerge from 😍 I'm drooling 🤤 if we can edit his house I'm going to put chimneys under it lol.
    And one more favorite! Napping anywhere on the ground 👁👄👁 I need this! Wait the pose!! How could I forget the lean pose! 🥲
    Ok I'm going to sleep now gotta wake up early! Though I'm so excited thinking about what I'm going to do with this pack that I'm not even sleepy 😑

It's been several hours, and two re-watches, since I said it but my opinion hasn't changed, this already looks like it's better than Vampires and RoM. This pack is so much deeper, and Moonwood Mill feels and looks so much better than Forgotten Hollow and the Magic Realm. I'm like you there was nothing I didn't like about Vampires and this is so much better. It's not a knock against Vampires, this is so well thought out from what I've seen. They took the strengths and weaknesses system from Vampires and built up from there and made it bigger, better, and deeper.

From what I've seen, and from what the gurus have been posting on Twitter, this really feels like a contender for best game pack period. It's everything MWS wasn't. From their worst hour to their finest in back to back releases. A big hand to entire team for what they've done with this.👏👏

• AncientMuseAncientMuse Posts: 1,062 Member
    Werewolf. CAS. Is. Awesome.

:smiley:
    My Gallery ID: AncientMuse2
    "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect." ~ Mark Twain
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    First time I actually care sbout a ts4 bar lol.
    Im still waiting for a 3 tile bar...I might actually fall off my chair in shock if they do that! Bars in The Sims are like picnic tables and activity tables, all the same sameyness.

I love how detailed the werewolf lore is but now Im getting sad for my mermaids....probably my favourite occult but they really got the poop covered end of the stick out of the occults (time for a pack refresh with a mermaid skill system!?).

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    Im still waiting for a 3 tile bar...I might actually fall off my chair in shock if they do that! Bars in The Sims are like picnic tables and activity tables, all the same sameyness.

I love how detailed the werewolf lore is but now Im getting sad for my mermaids....probably my favourite occult but they really got the poop covered end of the stick out of the occults (time for a pack refresh with a mermaid skill system!?).

If they do refresh mermaids I hope they include an underwater world for them to live in, a themed tombstone/urn and a bassinet. They really did end up with nothing!

Hopefully all this talk of updating occult lore is their way of saying a refresh maybe imminent?

Please update aliens and mermaids, devs!
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    dogzdinner wrote: »

If they do refresh mermaids I hope they include an underwater world for them to live in, a themed tombstone/urn and a bassinet. They really did end up with nothing!

Hopefully all this talk of updating occult lore is their way of saying a refresh maybe imminent?

Please update aliens and mermaids, devs!

And PlantSims and Ghosts while we're at it. :wink:
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    I think for the first time ever I'm really excited about discovering all the lore in the pack.

Agreed, I was planning on getting the pack when it became discounted but, depending on what gamechangers show I may be getting it this month.

I'm actually considering getting a little notebook so I can keep track of characters and lore. :p

I have a drawer full of notebooks on my Sim worlds and families and spreadsheets too!
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    GirafHuntr wrote: »
    I'm curious what will happen if we have aging on and the pack members who come with the game age and eventually die off. Will the game generate new pack members like it does with sages in RoM? I may have to set the pack leaders to not age, imagining that they have taken on the immortality quality, at least until I have a played Sim leading the packs.

I'm wondering the same. I don't know if the replacement of NPCs in the story-based worlds makes it possible to learn the in-person gossip lore or not once the original NPCs die off. (Like, does the pop-up text change the names to fit the new NPC from, say, Kristopher to the next NPC pack leader?) I also don't know what happens with the quests/gossip in Henford-on-Bagley and Tartosa.

Does anybody know?
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member

My first thoughts, too. My question is what is 'a Greg'?
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top