Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Played the Sims 2 for the first time, shocked at how hard it is

13...Next

Comments

• EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,935 Member
    clop1000 wrote: »
    Btw does the cheat code "Aging -off" works only for your active family? And any other preexisting sims will die?
    Won't it lead that the neighborhood will be quite empty?

Ah yes. The Sims 2 handles other sims differently than the next games. Of course they'll build relationships, buy new things, and die if they are unlucky enough when visiting your sims, but other than that, they remain frozen. No aging, no death, no skill gain, no pregnancy progression, no time moving forward.
    In a sense, it makes the game more difficult. In The Sims 4, if your household is in miserable state, you could just rotate away and then come back and everything will be manageable. In The Sims 2 however, you will still be coming back to that same miserable state, thus there's no other way than to get everything in order. Yes, you could move them out and then back in, but then you'll lose all the stuff that's not in any sim's inventory.
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    there is a story progress mod for sims 2 it in beta but is free
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2022
    I had the TS2 UC for years but never got around to playing it until about 2 years ago (I think) and it was certainly a challenge getting used to. I did play TS1 and TS3 but I missed the TS2 era because I had moved abroad during those years and it took a couple of years to get settled in. Jumped back in around mid-TS3 era. Anyway, so I decided to finally play it a year or two ago as I did have the UC in my library but never downloaded it. Because I had been playing TS4 for the past few years, I had forgotten how unpredictable and challenging things could be in previous games. I had sims starve to death and die in fires left and right. Mothers who couldn't manage their own needs and babies needs (picking them up, dropping them on the floor over and over) and ended up starving to death. Or cooking food for her kids but walking away from the oven to check herself out in the mirror, causing the house to burn down. But I eventually got the hang of it and also found some of the hacks that are still out there. I really had a lot of fun playing TS2. I recently got a new PC so I haven't yet brought all my files over from storage yet, but I will play again some day. I just have a lot to sort through.
  • lisamwittlisamwitt Posts: 5,094 Member
    While Sims do die easier in TS2, I don’t think pregnant Sims could die!

They could actually! There were even deceased pregnant ancestor Sims in some of the neighborhoods.
    Gallery ID: LadyGray01
  • bandit5bandit5 Posts: 919 Member
    yeah in verona they had dead pregnant ladies from the romeo capp fight
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    edited June 2022
    Yup, my poor pregnant sim died in a fire while cooking dinner while her boyfriend was at work. Then he started an affair with her twin sister hours later. It was that Gunnar guy from University. She brought him back from Uni with her and they moved in together. I was like "You low down filthy (everynameinthebook). He didn't seem effected at all that he lost his girlfriend and unborn baby so I revived her and had her get revenge on her no good sister and boyfriend. Then she went on to have her baby. There was so much drama in TS2 and I loved it!

In TS1 pets could die in fires, so I'm glad that pets and pregnant sims are immune from accidental deaths. It just feels way too sad.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top