Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June 10th, 2022 - Werewolves Livestream

Comments

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    Mixed feelings.

Maxis are very creative with what they are able to work with, they showed that you can do trials for a werewolf pack and you can join and hang out with them. It looks they have added gameplay with you being able to level up your werewolf, unlock abilities and they can run around and smash things and behave differently when they are angry.

But it needs to be said. The audio was really bad, the resolution was bad, there are still a lot of rabbit holes and the world seems very small and I guess if you want to play the premades you have to move them to a lot, one of two available lots unless you want to remove the other community lots.

So I dunno. You are really creative Maxis but what you are working with seems very limited.
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: Β»

On a sidenote, did anybody catch how exactly a sim gains temperaments? I still have some trouble understanding spoken english. I got how temperaments are linked to Fury, but not how we pick temperaments. (I mean, for my part I'll most likely do it via MCCC or a cheat-menu anyway, lol, but I'm still interested in the official method.)

I got the impression that these are assigned based on your Sim's traits. But I wasn't totally sure I got that right. I need to go watch it again.

I looked into the "Maxis sourced info" thread and from that it looks like the powers that we buy with points similar to the vampire powers are in fact the temperaments?
    @EnkiSchmidt
    Based on what I got, temperaments are much like quirks and sentiments, appearing based upon things you do and/or randomly, but weighted by traits.

@KyreRoen
    I got confused by the Info thread stating
    Werewolf Temperaments can be purchased (with points, like for Vampires) or unlocked by actions. A blue line connecting them shows a prerequisite.
    So just to clarify, we have
    - abilities, unlocked by rank (and in some cases also a lower tier prerequesite ability) and purchased with points (like vampires/spellcasters)
    - dormant abilities, activated by ingame actions
    - temperaments, from the game guessing based on our traits and actions?

In this case they better provide a temperament resetting potion (same as for fame perks) in case the game guesses wrong. The mod that must not be named has a similar feature in that it assigns an archetpye based on the sim's traits and in way too many cases it gauged my sims wrong.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    @EnkiSchmidt
    I listened to the part a few times, and I'm not sure why the thread got the two confused. You got it right in your assessment.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: Β»
    @EnkiSchmidt
    I listened to the part a few times, and I'm not sure why the thread got the two confused. You got it right in your assessment.

Thank you!
  • LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    Technical difficulties aside, I just thought the stream was a big success. My expectations and hype were already high and yet they showed all this depth in places I did not expect. The temperaments and all the stuff for the packs and the fury system - these were all mentioned briefly before, but they are much more than I thought they would be.

Just six (long) days to go - but I did just get my email confirming my preorder payment finalized, so that makes it feel a bit closer.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Just finished food shopping. Still have to put everything away then I will prepare avocado,salad, corn and tiramisu cake as a bonus! To eat as I watch the livestream 😌 looking forward to it!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Looking at CAS now. They are going to fast! At least I can pause lol. This is the best CAS hands down in the entire sims game. To me at least. I wanted clothes like this since forever. Even in cc this ripped up grunge is a rare gem. Everyone makes luxurious ball gowns and fancy stuff. The CAS designers did an amazing job! πŸ‘ πŸ‘
    Evil vampires attacking the stream 😭😭 this means WAR
    Jewelry and hair is really good too!!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    Looking at CAS now. They are going to fast! At least I can pause lol. This is the best CAS hands down in the entire sims game. To me at least. I wanted clothes like this since forever. Even in cc this ripped up grunge is a rare gem. Everyone makes luxurious ball gowns and fancy stuff. The CAS designers did an amazing job! πŸ‘ πŸ‘

They have been putting out some really good stuff recently. This pack is taking their game up another notch or two. Moonlight Chic and now this. Two totally different aesthetics but both done superbly. I haven't seen anything in the CAS or BB for this pack that I didn't like.
    edited June 2022
    I'm deeply deeply in love with this world!! Like they literally combined a forest and a dirty abandoned place into one😭😭😭😭
    this pack is just so amazing already. I normally don't mind a small world but now I'm disappointed because of how much I love it. I need more of it πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    Biggest pet peeve of all for me ......

They said how this world was abandoned and the werewolves took it over for themselves and made it into their own domain

.......... So why is this supposedly "abandoned world" attracting every single sim from every single world to it?

Course this is also a huge pet peeve of mine for the entire game, not just this pack, but to me seeing Geoffrey, Nancy, Johnny, Katrina, Eliza, etc all hanging out at the bar in this world was extremely distracting for me. I was really hoping that they would have made this world a little less "non-occult" enticing so only those that were invited or had a legitimate reason for visiting were there.

Otherwise it looks like it will be a fun pack and I love that we can toggle their wolf form off in other worlds if we don't want them.

But the other disappointing thing was that they spent soooo little time in CAS with the actual werewolf creation part.

And, the jumping around the screen and clicking this and that, etc. makes me super dizzy.

I agree with this but I just wanted to point out that in this livestream, they were playing with the base game and the Werewolf pack only. That means there were no other occults present in this world. I hope that if this world is set to attract occults, the game will probably pull from the pool of occults before normies. In this case, it probably spawned the normies because they were the only NPCs available.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited June 2022
    I need someone to hold my hand please. UNDERGROUND TUNNELS. And those porta potties or whatever they are called needs to go in every single lot I own. The design is amazing 😭😭ahhhhhhhh
    edited June 2022
    Omg in think we're about to find out who Greg is 😳 THE BRIDGE IS NOT GREG!! πŸ˜‚
    Omg I see Greg he's coming!!!!😱😱😱
    After all that anticipation Greg fell asleep right on the ground!! lmbooooooooπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ I'm dying
    This is so fun! I LOVE Greg. His howl is so cool and the sim is actually scared of him!! He looks kinda scary too! Okay I'm done lemme go watchπŸ˜…πŸ˜…
    Oh wow. You have to EARN your way into the pack. That's fun.
    edited June 2022
    I can't get over that werewolf leaning all cool like 😎😎😎 I love it so much!! Haha
    You can rise in the ranks!!!
    edited June 2022
    Omg omg!!! The enraged werewolf!!! Everyone's scared of him and he's running around acting a fool!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ the only fear I had of this pack has been resolved. This is exactly what I was hoping for!!
    And the way they can nap anywhere is super cool!
    Omg omg!!! The enraged werewolf!!! Everyone's scared of him and he's running around acting a fool!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ the only fear I had of this pack has been resolved. This is exactly what I was hoping for!!

The funniest part is coming. You'll know it when you see it.
    edited June 2022

They have been putting out some really good stuff recently. This pack is taking their game up another notch or two. Moonlight Chic and now this. Two totally different aesthetics but both done superbly. I haven't seen anything in the CAS or BB for this pack that I didn't like.

I know this has been an amazing year for ts4!!!

I skipped over the rest I didn't want to see everything I want to save some stuff to discover! Although there is plenty more to discover that we didn't even see. Still super curious about mates..

I skipped over the rest I didn't want to see everything I want to save some stuff to discover! Although there is plenty more to discover that we didn't even see. Still super curious about mates..

Wait until you have your first transformation and then turn back into a human. The result is hilarious. At least those of us with an inner 10 year old thought it was funny.

Wait until you have your first transformation and then turn back into a human. The result is hilarious. At least those of us with an inner 10 year old thought it was funny.

Lmbo πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top