The final, special edition of the Friday Highlights has been posted here. Take a trip down memory lane with us.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

This just in... Positive werewolf opinion.

Breaking News:

After a considerable and lengthy investigation into my thoughts and opinions concerning the new game pack. I have found overwhelming evidence pointing to my being guilty of wanting Werewolves in my sims' game. As a result of this very noticable greed, I must agree to pay a fine in the amount of the game pack's price tag, and volunteer no less than 100 game time community service hours to help me think about my greedy ideas.

I apologize to all other game packs for this special treatment given to this new game pack.

errrrrrrr ummm yea ... that's it.

Comments

• Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 272 Member
    nah totally with you there, this pack looks sick. And I'm actually saying that about a Sims 4 pack. Sheesh, what has happened to me?
  • Options
    nerdfashionnerdfashion Posts: 5,947 Member
    I'm watching the livestream right now, and I'm so freaking excited. I actually can afford to preorder this one too, so I get to play on release day.
    funny-gifs20.gif

• Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,087 Member
    Using my psychic abilities, I know that every Sonic the Hedgehog family will have a Scourge character who will have the scars that will come with Werewolves.
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,132 Member
    I tend to like the gamepacks the most in this series so they had me at "gamepack." Although this one looks like it could potentially be the best one yet, in my opinion.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • Options
    cynciecyncie Posts: 4,767 Member
    I just got a chance to take a look at the stream on YouTube. I have to say, the devs seem to be listening to players overall concerns about lore, making the gameplay more difficult, integrating packs and providing options for limiting occults to their worlds vs letting them roam. I would like to see some of this applied to Vampires and RoM in an overall occult refresh. I’m looking forward to seeing how the lunar phases affect other occults and the rest of our worlds and exploring the connection with vampires and Spellcasters. I play my supernatural save with premades as main characters, with a few exceptions, and I think there’s a spot for several of the werewolves in my game, especially with the dynamic between Rory and Kristopher.

They still need a way to keep Nancy Landgraab away from everything.
  • Options
    muzickmagemuzickmage Posts: 986 Member
    edited June 2022
    Based on the livestream....

..... I like the Build Buy items. Strangely, the chain-linked fence caught my eye. (don't even ask lol). The run-down rustdip shanty looking style of the new items is going to fit in well with a few ideas. I'm going to have fun setting up a few werewolf basements.

..... The moon phases is a major plus. I think they said the moon phases is going to affect the game play of all lore/occult characters. I think thats what I heard. That's definately something that should be included with the spellcasters for sure so... fingers crossed on that note. Either or, sounds interesting. Looking forward to learning more about this feature.

..... The Parenthood club system would be perfect for creating wolf packs. I wonder if that was a consideration when the sims team was creating the pack ideas. Rather than join a pack (as the livestream advertised) what ideas will we have for maybe creating our own packs?

The new town is supposed to be a magnet for occult characters, attracting spellcasters, mermaids, vampires, and of course, werewolves. This leads me to wonder how the different lores are going to interact together. In common lore stories the spellcasters, vampires and werewolves, (the popular lore triad) are common enemies. They usually try to kill each other. At the very least, they wouldn't agree to share land lol. But hey, this is the sims lol. Everything is possible in the sims.

(Was disappointed to see more rabbit holes. I wish the sims team would stop adding those)
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    OH no... see now... I have questions lol.

According to the live stream, if a human sim gets bit by a werewolf the human sim turns into a werewolf. That great. But........

Anyone who is a fan of the tv series "the Vampire Diaries" (that might be me) ... knows that if a vampire gets bit by a werewolf... the vampire dies. Unless of course you're a friend of someone named Klaus. lol. (errr long story)

So.... how's that going to work? lol.
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,976 Member
    muzickmage wrote: »
    Breaking News:

After a considerable and lengthy investigation into my thoughts and opinions concerning the new game pack. I have found overwhelming evidence pointing to my being guilty of wanting Werewolves in my sims' game. As a result of this very noticable greed, I must agree to pay a fine in the amount of the game pack's price tag, and volunteer no less than 100 game time community service hours to help me think about my greedy ideas.

I apologize to all other game packs for this special treatment given to this new game pack.

errrrrrrr ummm yea ... that's it.

I love this 😂😂😂😂
    I approve of this harsh sentencing 👌
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 272 Member
    OH no... see now... I have questions lol.

According to the live stream, if a human sim gets bit by a werewolf the human sim turns into a werewolf. That great. But........

Anyone who is a fan of the tv series "the Vampire Diaries" (that might be me) ... knows that if a vampire gets bit by a werewolf... the vampire dies. Unless of course you're a friend of someone named Klaus. lol. (errr long story)

So.... how's that going to work? lol.

The option to bite a vampire as a werewolf will likely be greyed out.
  • Options
    Unfortunately you're probably right. It was nice to dream for a minute that a sim action may have a negative effect... like... death, but...... back to reality lol. I had my spellcaster light vampires on fire, and they still lived. They are tough little suckers lol.

The werewolves "rage" feature is going to be a nice addition to the sims' "all is always calm and perfect" world.
  • Options
    bandit5bandit5 Posts: 925 Member
    a modder can unlock it.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,206 Member
    It might be possible to make a Werewolf Hybrid with Aliens, Vampires & Spellcasters. Hopefully with the trait cheat code.
    For example:
    Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultVampire
    Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_Occult_WitchOccult
    Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultAlien_FakeAlien

FYI: Make sure to select the Vampire Powers before adding the Spellcaster Trait.

Just a guess but I think the new Werewolf trait cheat code will probably be:
    Traits.Equip_Trait Trait_OccultWerewolf

PS: This is only in Vanilla & the necessary packs.
  • Options
    mustenimusteni Posts: 5,417 Member
    Unfortunately you're probably right. It was nice to dream for a minute that a sim action may have a negative effect... like... death, but...... back to reality lol. I had my spellcaster light vampires on fire, and they still lived. They are tough little suckers lol.

The werewolves "rage" feature is going to be a nice addition to the sims' "all is always calm and perfect" world.

My spellcaster murdered a regular sim by setting the ground under her feet on fire. I imagine this will also work for vampires.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,087 Member
    I'm wondering if there is a hybrid between a vampire and a werewolf?
    Every time a pack comes out, I upgrade my Special Project.
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    This pack looks epic AND not glitched to heck. I was afraid it would be lmao, but definitely getting it once it's released. My only problem is the one blonde, lady werewolf from the trailer is nowhere to be found and I want to steal her. The vibes *chef's kiss*.
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,930 Member
    greydonn wrote: »
    This pack looks epic AND not glitched to heck. I was afraid it would be lmao, but definitely getting it once it's released. My only problem is the one blonde, lady werewolf from the trailer is nowhere to be found and I want to steal her. The vibes *chef's kiss*.

I fully agree. I already had her paired off in my mind with one of my sims. Maybe if we keep bringing it up they will add her to the gallery!
  • Options
    SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    I'm also looking forward to the pack and I didn't even want werewolves in the Sims 4.
  • Options
    Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    There are so many great things about the pack. I am excited and looking forward to it. I do wish tails were at least an option. (I understand the clipping/resources thing; there is a discussion to be had there, but personally some things I would have put below tails.) I am in the minority there and am okay with that.

However, what I really am disliking is the RNG of temperaments and fated mates. It annoys me to think I am going to have reroll into oblivion to get my preferred temperament set and that regardless of what I want a random werewolf will just be designated a fated mate and you have no choice but to roll with it. Wouldn't triggers with a randomize option have been better for everyone? I hope they will have plenty of debug cheats set up to fight this.
  • Options
    enskijenskij Posts: 31 Member
    I think the pack will be a really fun add to the game. I don't even like occults but I want werewolves!
    Just your average Finnish simmer
    ☆ she/her ☆
  • Options
    greydonngreydonn Posts: 721 Member
    Calico45 wrote: »
    There are so many great things about the pack. I am excited and looking forward to it. I do wish tails were at least an option. (I understand the clipping/resources thing; there is a discussion to be had there, but personally some things I would have put below tails.) I am in the minority there and am okay with that.

However, what I really am disliking is the RNG of temperaments and fated mates. It annoys me to think I am going to have reroll into oblivion to get my preferred temperament set and that regardless of what I want a random werewolf will just be designated a fated mate and you have no choice but to roll with it. Wouldn't triggers with a randomize option have been better for everyone? I hope they will have plenty of debug cheats set up to fight this.

I never thought about that (the second paragraph). Personally I love the RNG but now that I think about it, there will inevitably be some cases where a sim gets a temperament I don't think fits them *at all* and that'll be annoying. Luckily, there'll most likely be debug cheats, at least to remove them if not to add them. Fated mates though, that I don't know if we'll get a debug cheat for. Finger's crossed?

My big thing is that it doesn't look buggy. Everything else is above and beyond (well, their heads aren't fierce enough for me but I'll see what CAS offers there) what I wished for, and if it was buggy...ugh, I can't imagine how disappointed I'd have been. There still could be some problems lurking behind the scenes, but I'm happy enough saying "Good job, keep it up EA!" for now at least. B)
    • Gen 25: Xanthe! >:)
    • She/Her.