Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

June 10th, 2022 - Werewolves Livestream

Comments

• Options
    EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited June 2022
    telemwill wrote: »

On a sidenote, did anybody catch how exactly a sim gains temperaments? I still have some trouble understanding spoken english. I got how temperaments are linked to Fury, but not how we pick temperaments. (I mean, for my part I'll most likely do it via MCCC or a cheat-menu anyway, lol, but I'm still interested in the official method.)

I got the impression that these are assigned based on your Sim's traits. But I wasn't totally sure I got that right. I need to go watch it again.

I looked into the "Maxis sourced info" thread and from that it looks like the powers that we buy with points similar to the vampire powers are in fact the temperaments?
  • Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member
    Also I think this is one of the best presented livestreams I've seen. Aside from a few tech issues at the start, it went smoothly, the game was well prepared for everything they wanted to show off and the gurus really worked well together for it. Really good livestream overall, I'm really excited for this now!

It's funny, I actually found it the complete opposite. They spent way too long discussing the lore and backstories of premades and reading out every text pop-up and had to rush to cram in a peek at werewolf customization and build/buy, didn't discuss any individual werewolf abilities, and never explained what fated mates were.

I appreciate leaving some things to the player to find out. I do think the text pop-ups about the underground tunnels could have been one of those things.
  • Options
    KelleygirlKelleygirl Posts: 599 Member
    I've got to say: I'm impressed. I loved the Vampire pack and this is definitely so much better! I never watch these Livestreams all the way through but I did this one and you can tell a lot of work went into this pack! Good job Sims team!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    I wish they had another hour! Can't wait to see game changer (or whatever they're called now) reviews!

This is going to be the deepest game pack yet. They only skimmed over things and you can just see there is so much more to be discovered and explored.

And my jaw is still on the floor over the fact that we can link any home lot in any world to Moonwood Mill. That's more than I think any of us dared hope for with the tunnel system.

Absolutely! You could live in any world and have access to your pack in Moonwood Mill.

Moonwood Mill is in every world and every world is in Moonwood Mill. This is more than any of us could have imagined.

Sorry, not sorry, if I sound like I'm going bonkers with excitement because I am beyond excited for this pack.
  • Options
    RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    bizuktag wrote: »
    Also I think this is one of the best presented livestreams I've seen. Aside from a few tech issues at the start, it went smoothly, the game was well prepared for everything they wanted to show off and the gurus really worked well together for it. Really good livestream overall, I'm really excited for this now!

It's funny, I actually found it the complete opposite. They spent way too long discussing the lore and backstories of premades and reading out every text pop-up and had to rush to cram in a peek at werewolf customization and build/buy, didn't discuss any individual werewolf abilities, and never explained what fated mates were.

I appreciate leaving some things to the player to find out. I do think the text pop-ups about the underground tunnels could have been one of those things.

Same.
  • Options
    Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,109 Member
    I'm not too fussed about lore so I wouldn't have minded less time being spent on that.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited June 2022
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Forget occult packs, this has the potential to be the best. pack. ever. It might be my werewolf fandom talking but I'm floored.

Vampires is my absolute favorite, but you could be right! Can't wait till it comes out!

I personally feel is sort of the same par as vampires, ooh I can't wait to add werewolves to my family, my sim family already has a vampire and 2 witches, now I'm having 2 werewolves all living under one roof 🤣 what could possibly go wrong lol, the mum and daughter are witches, I'm going to turn the dad and son into werewolves, the dad's sister is vampire
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    @telemwill And the tunnel entrance is a BB item. Those that don't want to be werewolves don't have to be to use this feature.
  • Options
    KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hmm, interesting. Seems that overall they've mashed together DU, Strangerville, Get Famous, Vampires, Cats & Dogs...actually, is there one pack they didn't revamp something from?

The powers were my only real draw to this livestream, and I'd be interested in seeing a list of them before giving a verdict on how much it deviates from RoM's themes and makes being a "werewolf" unique for each sim. Some seemed like things every werewolf should have by nature (not saying they can't be unlocked abilities, as the gameplay is being a better werewolf, just saying some looked necessary regardless of who you are), others seemed like "makes werewolf life easier", and I'd also be interested to see just how much of a "swiss-army-occult" they made this one. My personal preference is not to be able to do literally everything with any occult (one of my caster peeves), but I'm not interested in adding the pack to my game, so that's not my problem, more just curiosity.

All in all, not my thing. Was it well-made? Sure, depending on perspective.

I'm more just wondering how the lunar cycle mechanic works with other occults when they patch it in, how the calendar UI deals with weather and lunar cycles, and if I'll need to turn it off due to it either being annoying or overpowered.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2022
    So you can’t start your own pack ? That’s kinda disappointing.
    Post edited by Dianesims on
  • Options
    KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,382 Member
    edited June 2022
    I wish the livestreams wouldn't be so rushed nowadays. They are always so busy to end the stream and even if started late they had to end it because there seems to be very strict time rules on how long it can be.
    I would've liked to hear and see more, I felt like the stream left me very confused. Maybe it was because English isn't my first language (obviously), but also because they jumped from one thing to another too fast. I guess I have to rewatch it.
    I miss the old livestreams when they weren't so busy to end them and had time to explain and show things better.
    The gameplay seems fun, though. I'm excited for the game pack even if I wasn't impressed about the livestream.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    I liked the livestream, the world looks pretty. Wonder if we can clean up the lots, like with Eco Lifestyle, I saw some papers flying around. Love the tunnel door, have some tunnels already in my game I might add that to. I also liked the mountain top, looks like a nice place for proposals and watching the stars. I also noticed that they can now sleep on the ground, wonder if that will be a werewolves only interaction or normal sims can do it too.
  • Options
    edited June 2022

On a sidenote, did anybody catch how exactly a sim gains temperaments? I still have some trouble understanding spoken english. I got how temperaments are linked to Fury, but not how we pick temperaments. (I mean, for my part I'll most likely do it via MCCC or a cheat-menu anyway, lol, but I'm still interested in the official method.)

I got the impression that these are assigned based on your Sim's traits. But I wasn't totally sure I got that right. I need to go watch it again.

I looked into the "Maxis sourced info" thread and from that it looks like the powers that we buy with points similar to the vampire powers are in fact the temperaments?
    @EnkiSchmidt
    Based on what I got, temperaments are much like quirks and sentiments, appearing based upon things you do and/or randomly, but weighted by traits.
  • Options
    GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,208 Member
    edited June 2022
    I liked the livestream. The two gurus who presented it are very fun to watch. It seemed a little short, though, and I still have many questions:

- Are there any new traits, skills, or careers? I assume not, because none were shown or mentioned, but I could really use some new traits.
    - After choosing one of the new aspirations that become available after you've completed the werewolf basics, can you switch to the other werewolf aspirations or are you stuck with the one you picked initially?
    - Can you create your own pack from scratch, or are the two premade packs the only ones?
    - Are there any playable premade sims? I remember reading that Luna and Lumberjackson were created specifically for the livestream.
    - What do vegetarian werewolves eat? Do a werewolf's food preferences even matter at all, and most importantly, can they eat the chickens and rabbits from Cottage Living?
    - Do werewolves have a weakness to silver, or is there anything else regular sims can do to fight them off, like garlic fights off vampires?
    - Is the new wolfsbane the same plant from Vampires, or are we going to need two different wolfsbane bushes in our gardens if we want the effects of both? How does wolfsbane affect werewolves anyway?
    - Can you jump off the big rock into Lake Lunvic? Because it immediately reminded me of the big rock from the second Twilight movie that the wolves (and Bella) like to jump off into the water below.
    - They said the bus bar attracts occults of all kinds. Is that a new lot trait that can be used anywhere, or some sort of side effect exclusive to public lots in Moonwood Mill?

I love that they're adding the moon phases for free, by the way, that they also affect other occults besides werewolves, and that you can turn them off or select one permanent phase. Oh, and did you notice the option to prevent werewolves from appearing in other worlds? They're finally beginning to put in those toggles we've been asking for.
  • Options
    SimmervilleSimmerville Posts: 11,669 Member
    I'm really only disappointed that right now it looks like you can't make your own pack. I really don't want to work my way through the ranks and overthrow Rory or Kristopher to have my own pack. Would rather have my own pack with neighboring pack.

You can probably edit the members of the existing pack in CAS. With cheats you can practically change everything.
    Simmerville on Youtube | My blog is updated weekly: Simmerville's Sims<br>a.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I liked the livestream. The two gurus who presented it are very fun to watch. It seemed a little short, though, and I still have many questions:

- Are the any new traits, skills, or careers? I assume not, because none were shown or mentioned, but I could really use some new traits.
    - Can you create your own pack from scratch, or are the two premade packs the only ones?
    - Are there any playable premade sims? I remember reading that Luna and Lumberjackson were created specifically for the livestream.
    - What do vegetarian werewolves eat? Do a werewolf's food preferences even matter at all, and most importantly, can they eat the chickens and rabbits from Cottage Living?
    - Do werewolves have a weakness to silver, or is there anything else regular sims can do to fight them off, like garlic fights off vampires?
    - Is the new wolfsbane the same plant from Vampires, or are we going to need two different wolfsbane bushes in our gardens if we want the effects of both? How does wolfsbane affect werewolves anyway?
    - Can you jump off the big rock into Lake Lunvic? Because it immediately reminded me of the big rock from the second Twilight movie that the wolves (and Bella) like to jump off into the water below.
    - They said the bus bar attracts occults of all kinds. Is that a new lot trait that can be used anywhere, or some sort of side effect exclusive to public lots in Moonwood Mill?

I love that they're adding the moon phases for free, by the way, that they also affect other occults besides werewolves, and that you can turn them off or select one permanent phase. Oh, and did you notice the option to prevent werewolves from appearing in other worlds? They're finally beginning to put in those toggles we've been asking for.
    @GrumpyGlowfish
    1. Not that they showed off, no.
    2. Premade, as the system takes after the DU organisations/Secret Society. You can head up one of the two, if that helps. If you can make your own, it wasn't highlighted in the livestream. Given the tools necessary to build one as in-depth, one would think (were it possible) they'd at least mention it in passing.
    3. The ones from the packs, I believe.
    4. There were multiple meat options including "blue steak", "steak tartare", and even an ability that allows you to devour objects. Given the meat is just regular food, vegetarian werewolves will have options (all foods are tagged). Dunno about the rest of that.
    5. If they do, they didn't mention it.
    6. Same. They said they "brought it forward".
    7. Dunno.
    8. It's just that lot, as there are no new lot traits.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Loanet wrote: »
    This was incredibly unfair. We hardly got to see anything because of EA having their technical difficulties.

Do you wanna sell the pack or not? Oh right, I'm SURE we should just buy the pack completely blind and if we don't then it's because the pack is an automatic fail.

@Loanet you can wait until you see gameplay and reviews here on the forum. There's no need to purchase on Day 1.
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited June 2022
    I wish I could have seen more of the werewolf CAS, but it looked promising.

I didn't watch most of the stream, just the beginning and some parts while I was waiting for the werewolf CAS. I want to explore the pack and the world on my own and don't want to see all the animations and popups beforehand, so I'm still a bit unsure how the werewolf things work :lol: I guess I'll rather read about it than watch a stream. I think I'll wait till the pack is released and see what people think about it. I wouldn't be able to buy it right away anyway.
  • Options
    crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,382 Member
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    [*] There were multiple meat options including "blue steak", "steak tartare", and even an ability that allows you to devour objects. Given the meat is just regular food, vegetarian werewolves will have options (all foods are tagged). Dunno about the rest of that.

I don't like that vegetarian sims have options. What kind of werewolf east tofu? Plus it would have been the ultimate change to have them freely eat and enjoy eating meat. Then they could become disgusted afterwards and have remorse or something.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    Biggest pet peeve of all for me ......

They said how this world was abandoned and the werewolves took it over for themselves and made it into their own domain

.......... So why is this supposedly "abandoned world" attracting every single sim from every single world to it?

Course this is also a huge pet peeve of mine for the entire game, not just this pack, but to me seeing Geoffrey, Nancy, Johnny, Katrina, Eliza, etc all hanging out at the bar in this world was extremely distracting for me. I was really hoping that they would have made this world a little less "non-occult" enticing so only those that were invited or had a legitimate reason for visiting were there.

Otherwise it looks like it will be a fun pack and I love that we can toggle their wolf form off in other worlds if we don't want them.

But the other disappointing thing was that they spent soooo little time in CAS with the actual werewolf creation part.

And, the jumping around the screen and clicking this and that, etc. makes me super dizzy.
  • Options
    LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    edited June 2022
    It looks very promising! Werewolves had deeper depth to their abilities than I thought they would and I love the Fury system. At first, I didn't expect such a system to make it in the game. Then there it was. But it surprised me even further, I didn't expect it to affect Werewolves in their human form. I also did not expect a toggle to keep Werewolves in their world, so that is very much appreciated. I'm a little disappointed we couldn't see much of the CAS since they spent way too much time on lore and premades, but with a lot of those pictures of different Werewolves at the end, it seems like it'll be pretty extensive for what we have. I wonder how their bodies will interact with CC bodies, hopefully they work with them. Overall, I believe I'm quite satisfied and I look forward to the pack's release.

I also like that they used ideas from both Vampires, Spellcasters, and a bit of celebrities to create Werewolves instead of just a copy of one.
  • Options
    sclevenger08sclevenger08 Posts: 125 Member
    I've never been this excited for a livestream before.
    I'm really only disappointed that right now it looks like you can't make your own pack. I really don't want to work my way through the ranks and overthrow Rory or Kristopher to have my own pack. Would rather have my own pack with neighboring pack.

You can probably edit the members of the existing pack in CAS. With cheats you can practically change everything.

Ya I was thinking that you could probably edit them in CAS, but it seemed to me that each pack had it's own set values. I wonder how much of that can be changed? Like maybe I want Kris's pack to be wild, while Rorys settles down if that makes sense? Also, I would rather just leave Kris/Rory's packs alone with their values and have my own pack with whatever values/traits I would like in a pack. If that makes sense
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Given this image, were I interested, they would make great Werebears (the hunch could be achieved with an adjusted posture). Just need smaller ears to complete the aesthetic.
    MAdZXy2.png
    The posture, the nub tails, the bounding they do when running on all-fours. I'm surprised they didn't just market this as 'Werebears' for a change.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    KyreRoen wrote: »
    [*] There were multiple meat options including "blue steak", "steak tartare", and even an ability that allows you to devour objects. Given the meat is just regular food, vegetarian werewolves will have options (all foods are tagged). Dunno about the rest of that.

I don't like that vegetarian sims have options. What kind of werewolf east tofu? Plus it would have been the ultimate change to have them freely eat and enjoy eating meat. Then they could become disgusted afterwards and have remorse or something.
    @crocobaura
    I don't agree, and that's why they have options.
  • Options
    Akl500PAkl500P Posts: 2,986 Member
    It was mentioned on twitter by a guru that they are adding a werewolf requirement for clubs so you could sort of make a pack that way. Not exactly the same but something for sure.
  • Options
    NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    I wish the livestreams wouldn't be so rushed nowadays. They are always so busy to end the stream and even if started late they had to end it because there seems to be very strict time rules on how long it can be.
    I would've liked to hear and see more, I felt like the stream left me very confused. Maybe it was because English isn't my first language (obviously), but also because they jumped from one thing to another too fast. I guess I have to rewatch it.
    I miss the old livestreams when they weren't so busy to end them and had time to explain and show things better.
    The gameplay seems fun, though. I'm excited for the game pack even if I wasn't impressed about the livestream.

English isn't your first language ? 😲 your spelling is perfect 😊 it's definitely not obvious @Kimmer

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top