The latest update for The Sims 4 is now live. Click here to read the latest notes.
Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 HIGH SCHOOL features & ideas we want to see!

FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
What do you want to see in a Sims 4 High School pack? Add your ideas below and i‘ll add them!

New objects
  • Pool tables
  • Pottery wheel
  • Vending machines with snacks at school (bring back iconic Simlish soda drinks from Sims 2 + Sims 3 like Glunka Cola, Diet Glunka Cola and Mountain Runoff!)
    AAFA411-B-873-A-4-E2-D-9345-582-CA1-D321-F4.webp
  • Cafeteria buffet
  • Chalkboard
  • American football

New High School features
  • School busses that take Sims to school (See how Sims go inside school bus and drive to school)
    8-E3-AB5-DB-E902-4115-9-C98-B506789-E0-ECE.jpg
  • Prom event with option to become prom queen/king
  • Teacher active career
  • Swimming lessions - High schools should feature a pool where Sims have to do swimming lessions. It‘s also a cool place to sneak into during breaks or after dark like in Life is Strange)
  • Bribe teacher with an apple (needs to be harvested & in inventory) or money for better grades.
  • Detention - If Sims get caught cheating in tests they‘ll have to go to afterschool detention
  • Sneak into high school after dark
    Sims can sneak into their school and cause mayhem.
  • Hack the principals PC (inside their office) to give yourself better grades
  • Draw caricatures & slogans on chalkboards
Active Afterschool Activities (AAA)
These afterschool activities are active and take place at the same school building
  • Painting club
  • Pottery club
  • American football club
  • Book reading club
  • Gardening club (with cowplant)

Science classes
A science class can go wrong and turn Sim into Tragic Clown for 2 days.
Science-Lab.png
a256aFi.gif
Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on

Comments

• FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    Build/ Buy assets
    -Soon-
    a256aFi.gif
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,457 Member
    What do you want to see in a Sims 4 High School pack?

I don't care as long as we get garagebands and dirtbikes. B)

• logionlogion Posts: 4,716 Member

Build your own high school - Build a modern high school with glass windows, group rooms, classrooms with interactive digital touchscreens or build an older high school with more classic equipment. Sims can select which high school they would like to go to.

Different types of interactive classes
    - Attend different classes like music classes, art classes, math classes and physics and chemistry classes. Perform experiments, solve difficult tasks, work together on school projects. Be sure to take notes and review them, and don't try to attend classes with low needs because you will struggle to perform well. Balance having fun, studying and making friends.

Cliques - Join a range of different teen cliques like the Geeks, Jocks, Skaters and Rockers. Do tasks for them and gain rewards and unlocks that can help you in classes and activities and help you get better grades.

High School Activities - The different areas of the High School offers a wide range of High School Activities. Try out baseball or cheerleading at the arena, go skating in the large skate park, practice competitive swimming at the pool, find inspiration to improve your musical or artistic skills in the garden area, perform experiments at the science center. Visit the town and take lessons in learning how to drive.

High School Events
    - Attend or compete in larger high school events like sport events, science competitions, musical and art events. Go to prom and graduate.

New gameplay objects
    - Group Table, allows sims to work together to improve a skill, can be used to complete projects. Skating ring, learn to skate and perform tricks. Baseball arena, play baseball with a group of sims. Teaching table, allows you to put tables in front of it to create active classes. Classic Whiteboard, use it to practice different skills, have presentations and also teach others. Large Interactive Digital Touchscreens, same as the whiteboard but digital. Larger chemical and physics experiment table, perform chemistry and physics experiments.
  • PatricePatrice Posts: 361 Member
    computer classes, study groups, nature classes,
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    • Pre-teens
    • Boarding schools
    • After school activities
    • New chores
    • More telescopes
    • Pool table (BG update as well)
    • Prom party
    • Clubs
    • Invite headmaster for private school
    • Boarding schools reward items
    • Acne
    • Bass, drums and bands
    • Ballet barre
    • Soccer goal
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    • Military academy, private highschool for sims with better grades and a more activity (extracurricular) oriented highschool.
    • More group activities: basketball, swimming, soccer with a goal, cheerleading, bands (garage and school). Also tryouts to get in the team.
    • Drama: gossip, acne, crushes, running away, cheating, pranks, clickes.
    • Weekend events: matches, science fair, spellbee and math contests, weekend outings (camping).
    • Yearly events: homecoming, prom, finals, SATs, graduation.
    • Pool tables, arcade machines, desktop microscope, countertop muffin machine (home economisc).
    • Cross pack compatibility: with DU in getting accepted easier at universities and other packs by allowing to start certain careers a bit better (military if a sim went to military academy for example).
    • The ability to tutor other sims in certain skills (like how we can do with music skills or yoga).
    Happy simming!
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Actual bands. Not garage bands, but marching bands or orchestras. Something for those of us who weren't athletes or in STEM.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    The main object I want to see is a chalk board which you have listed but I also want desks that locks onto it like the yoga mats so you could play in the classroom and keep the Sims attention.

Next object I want is a football field with a few practices that could be done on it. I know this is Sims 4 and do not expect an actual game to happen but if you add a Sim to the football team they should get away games to go to once in awhile (rabbit hole) and team uniforms as well

Create the high school and set what activities are done in each room be it a cafeteria, gym, library the principal office or a specific classroom type say math/lab/cooking/computer with activities for each. Also I want to be able to pick who attends the school say set a few Sims or all of them or mix some of mine with townies

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    • Military academy, private highschool for sims with better grades and a more activity (extracurricular) oriented highschool.
    • More group activities: basketball, swimming, soccer with a goal, cheerleading, bands (garage and school). Also tryouts to get in the team.
    • Drama: gossip, acne, crushes, running away, cheating, pranks, clickes.
    • Weekend events: matches, science fair, spellbee and math contests.
    • The ability to tutor other sims in certain skills (like how we can do with music skills or yoga).

I would love these things to be included 😎😊.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I've been saying this for awhile even in other threads but I want the homework to have options do it on computer, the regular way, or building skill work like for instance the Sims to Free time how they worked on skills for goals we can do that with the school system like so and so can work on fitness they can jog, work out, swim just to get that skill point up for school, cooking skill they can cook, watch cooking shows, read or browse on cooking to gain that skill and it can even transfer over when they are an adult and also have special skills.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Just like with the wolf pack I don't have too many particular ideas because I prefer to see what the devs envision and give us (assuming this is actually real) I just know that for sure it would be nice to have different types of active classes, activities (like cheering), active teaching career and loads of fun/drama/mischief 🤭
    I would like to see both the negatives and positives of highschool though not just the utopia version.

I know a lot of player are into bands as in a group of sims playing instruments,but I think dance groups are waaaaaay cooler. Would love to see something like the ability to make a kpop dance group. Doesn't have to be particularly with this pack though.

I still rember that video or advertisement?
    With a kpop singer and sims sitting in highschool class!
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Also we can have student of the season instead of Student of the month. We can events at school, bake sale, PTA meeting, school play (rabbit hole.) Volunteer to boost grades. Also have after school like the scouts club, like sports and such. Add scouts activities with the schooling.
  • ZiafarZiafar Posts: 701 Member
    I want as little rabbit holes as possible for school and after school activities
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    Field trips
    Option to create a schedule with different classes increasing related skills. Every sim week option to select new classes
    School sports- soccer, football, cheerleaders, lacrosse
    After school clubs(active)
    Active boarding schools
    Homecoming. Prom
    Photo booth
    Photo board
    New photography options
    First crush, first love, high-school sweetheart
  • MsMayMsMay Posts: 440 Member
    Whoopee cushions: to pranks any sims by putting cushions on any chairs (if they don’t get caught by other sims), if you lucky, chances of other sims will sit down without knowing the cushion is there, & hearing the noise from it, will be embarrassed & confused of what happen.
    School locker: Just like chests, to be able to put homework, school projects, & items in & out the locker.
    Year books: to be able to had teens to write down & thinking about their memories with friends, any sims, or anything they did in school before they graduate.

MsMay wrote: »
    Whoopee cushions: to pranks any sims by putting cushions on any chairs (if they don’t get caught by other sims), if you lucky, chances of other sims will sit down without knowing the cushion is there, & hearing the noise from it, will be embarrassed & confused of what happen.
    School locker: Just like chests, to be able to put homework, school projects, & items in & out the locker.
    Year books: to be able to had teens to write down & thinking about their memories with friends, any sims, or anything they did in school before they graduate.

Omg girl forgot the yearbooks, also class rings.
    edited June 2022
    I definitely want the option to cook dinner for the headmaster of a private high school in order for children to get in. You NEED high cooking skill with perfect quality food in order to entice the private school headmaster. Or pay a hefty amount of Simoleons to get in.
    Post edited by FreezerBunnyCowplant on
    a256aFi.gif
    I want 2 premade high schools in the EP. A public school with retro, run-down furniture and a private school with luxurious, antique “Old Money“ furniture.

Clifford High (High School)
    Stoughton_High_School_Outside-View-IMG_4684-web-e1606769759920-1024x768.jpg

Sagewell Academy (Private School)
    Ayres-Hall-Front-View-2011.jpg?fit=960%2C498&ssl=1
    a256aFi.gif
  • keekee53keekee53 Posts: 4,328 Member
    I just hope it is fun and not BROKEN. I had no desire to play kids at school. Sitting in class raising my sims hand like sims 3 does not sound interesting to me.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member
    Proms either rabbitholes or you see your sim in one and I want sims to call my sim teen and ask him to the prom. I'd hope you'd get popups about what happens in the building if it's a rabbithole like sims sharing their first kiss together and asking to go steady or fights that break out.

Pass love notes in class assuming we can see them in school

Crushes

Cars This is the perfect pack to bring cars.

More pool items.

Pillow Fighting

School Buses

Bring a friend home from school.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    Proms either rabbitholes or you see your sim in one and I want sims to call my sim teen and ask him to the prom. I'd hope you'd get popups about what happens in the building if it's a rabbithole like sims sharing their first kiss together and asking to go steady or fights that break out.

Crushes

More pool items.

Pillow Fighting

School Buses

I like all of these. 😊

High school could be part rabbit hole and part active lot to keep graphics down. Perhaps one classroom and a playground area are playable? 🤔

Also how about interactions where Sim teens can ask friends to do things for them such as ‘ask so and so if they like me’. I remember at school that happened a lot.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,388 Member

Crushes

More pool items.

Pillow Fighting

School Buses

I like all of these. 😊

High school could be part rabbit hole and part active lot to keep graphics down. Perhaps one classroom and a playground area are playable? 🤔

Also how about interactions where Sim teens can ask friends to do things for them such as ‘ask so and so if they like me’. I remember at school that happened a lot.

Yes that would be cool.
  • luplay2luplay2 Posts: 3 New Member
    I can't agree more with you.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,113 Member
    edited June 2022
    Bands, bass, drums, pre-teens, prom party, another cultural parties (sweet 16, quinceañera, bar mitzvah), pool party, new chores (lawn mowing, pool cleaning), silly "first love" for childrens or pre-teens, facial hair growing, acne, sneaking, boarding schools and reward items for each, soccer goal, ballet barre, more telescopes, small microscopes, headmaster invitation for private school
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    I definitely hope this is based on American highdchool if not something completely fantasy.
    I really don't want the whole face of this pack (if it's real) to be about how offensive it was they chose blue classroom chairs instead of red chairs because blue chairs in (insert culture here) is a sign of a 1000 year old curse that will fall upon (insert country here) and the sims have now
    Cursed and offended the entire country.
    Even when the sims have people on their team or advisors from said culture, people still manage to find something offensive. Then it has to be nerfed and nothing exciting or dramatic can be included in fear of offending.
    From snowy escape I really wanted that take selfie with grave interaction for my inconsiderate careless sims.
    I love being able to play both sides. Jealous mean evil slobs n' snobs not just good pure holy sims.

I feel one of the biggest appeals of the wolf pack is that you really get to just "go wild" and there are no cultures to offend so they didn't hold back.
    I want the highschool pack to be the same in the way that whatever ideas they decide on they don't hold back. And let us play all types of students!
    Misbehaving evil students who likes to get through school by cheating and/or skipping classes
    need love too!

Imagine if werewolves were based on sri lanka culture then I'd have to cry OUR WEREWOLVES IN SRI LANKA DON'T PEE ON THE GROUND THEY DRINK TEA AND EAT DATES PLEASE REMOVE IT😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(