Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Brindleton Bay Beach Should Be Swimmable.

I understand that EA isn't into adding it to other worlds, and I'm cool with it for the most part... but this is a literal actual beach that needs to be updated to be more similar to the other beaches. Plus, it would give mermaids more compatible neighborhoods. With Werewolves coming out mermaids are by far the most limited of the occult sims with where it's viable and fun to play them.

The other places I can understand not being swimmable, but this is advertised and described as a beach.

Comments

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Yes I agree BB ocean needs to be open for swimming and the beach aka sand unlocked so you can place lounge chairs there and also look for shells,build sandcastles and draw in the sand.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    edited June 2022
    I agree 1000%, I don't even have my sims live in that world because of that very reason, it frustrates me to no end, to see this beautiful beach that is nothing but set dressing! Why even give us a "coastal world" if you can't actually do beachy/coastal things like swim, snorkel, look for seashells, build sandcastles, boating?
  • Leo_GruenLeo_Gruen Posts: 468 Member
    edited June 2022
    Why even give us a "coastal world" if you can't actually do beachy/coastal things like swim, snorkel, look for seashells, build sandcastles, boating?

I can sort of understand not having snorkel because that's something more associated with tropical beaches and water that's warm all year but the rest of this stands. Really I would be happy with just swimming let alone anything else.

At the time it was released I didn't mind so much, but now that we have other beaches where you can do beach things it really seems weird and out of place.

• DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    I know, it doesn't make any sense for it not to be swimmable. The Windenburg island should also be swimmable.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
    I know, it doesn't make any sense for it not to be swimmable. The Windenburg island should also be swimmable.

I agree, but at least they don't tell you to look at the beach, what a lovely beach it is, give you a house on the sandy beach in the beach area of the coastal world then not let you do any beach things on the beach in the beach neighborhood of the coastal world.

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,377 Member
    Leo_Gruen wrote: »

I agree, but at least they don't tell you to look at the beach, what a lovely beach it is, give you a house on the sandy beach in the beach area of the coastal world then not let you do any beach things on the beach in the beach neighborhood of the coastal world.

There's a lot right next to the beach in Windenburg island too and the beach looks accessible for swimming except it's not.
    crocobaura wrote: »
    There's a lot right next to the beach in Windenburg island too and the beach looks accessible for swimming except it's not.

Yeah, but the in-game text does not advertise the beach there, at least. This is literally labeled as a beach, they clearly know it is a beach.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
    Windenburg and Granite Falls as well
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    Only if we get an off switch. I don't want my Sims swimming in the ocean in the middle of a blizzard.
    Only if we get an off switch. I don't want my Sims swimming in the ocean in the middle of a blizzard.

A nice idea would be to make it depend on season/weather although sims with some traits or moods might still want to. Maybe a sim that's feeling confident could take a polar bear plunge? A sim that is erratic might decide to jump in anyway. There's lots of interesting ways to tie this into the emotions and traits we already have in the game.. although I'm not holding my breath for this to be done right.

Then again sims I am not actively playing seem to just stand around lifelessly so I'm not sure there's any danger of them jumping in on their own.
  • DKguruArtistDKguruArtist Posts: 298 Member
    Kinda wish they would update get famous so beach area on map was swimmable maybe have some beach side condo options there. Feel like biggest drawback with get famous how few low tier or mid tier living spots there are in that world itself. But yah in general be nice with more areas you could swim at.
  • redrogue60redrogue60 Posts: 2,053 Member
    Agreed perhaps this should have been a poll.
    “All mushrooms are edible, but some only once.” Terry Pratchett
  • FanPhoriaFanPhoria Posts: 1,655 Member
    some of the beaches on Windenberg Island would also make sense to be swimmable.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,968 Member
    So should the island of Windenburg!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    I agree it should be updated if they can update the Goths and make it so all new saves get the updated family the same thing can happen with the worlds.
    Kinda wish they would update get famous so beach area on map was swimmable maybe have some beach side condo options there. Feel like biggest drawback with get famous how few low tier or mid tier living spots there are in that world itself. But yah in general be nice with more areas you could swim at.
    I completely agree if they are never going to give us a CAW option this would be my top wish to have Del Sol Valley be given a beach lot.

Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited June 2022
    yeah I mainly want that beach and areas around freaking islands to be useable for water activities like whats the point of living on beach front property if you are going to just like never ever interact with your surroundings

= if you are doing that now irl while living on beach front property I demand you immediately go mermaiding around your beaches regardless of weather :lol: how dare you sit indoors and tap at keyboards or phones
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I agree! As well as the shores of Windenburg!
    a256aFi.gif