Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Has your game ever generated a sim with no name?

This happened to me today. There was a party and one of the guests had no name. My sim family met him and they have him in their relationship bars but they don't have any name for him. I tried using Manage Households but of course he doesn't have a name so the game can't find him. I'm wondering if I call him over to visit I could use testingcheats mod on him and edit him in CAS although I bet I won't even find him on the phone if he has no name (although he does show up in the relationship panel, so, it might be a possibility to fix him).

Comments

• HumongustHumongust Posts: 10 New Member
    This has happened to me a couple of times, always with elders. Do you have Seasons, and play a holiday with the Flower Bunny? I have suspected that this is the Flower Bunny character, aged to elder and possibly 'retired' from active Flower Bunny duties. I am not certain and have not figured out a way to play-test this theory.
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,324 Member
    I've had something possibly related happen. A couple of times a sim that I created, but which I was not actively playing, has lost their name. I gave that sim a name when I created them in CAS, and they had a name for a while, but then one day I discovered they no longer had a name. But in every case, I discovered the problem while moving sims around in household management. I was able to give them their name back by taking them into CAS and just re-entering their name. So for me, they were showing up in household management just fine.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,718 Member
    I have not had any new generated sims without names. The sims with no names in my save are sims that are left from the old bug where sims lost their names, which was from last year I think.

Maxis have patched that but the sims that got affected from that bug have to be fixed manually by adding their names back in CAS.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Not yet