Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

older generations unite!

MissNOFXMissNOFX Posts: 30 Member
without asking super personal info per the forum rules, I'm just curious how many old *toots* like me are still playing the sims? I'm in my 40's...how about you?
Post edited by EA_Cade on

Comments

• StarfreeStarfree Posts: 1,443 Member
    @MissNOFX my "toot" is 60ish & I still play lol 😃.
  • MissNOFXMissNOFX Posts: 30 Member
    beautiful!!!!! keep on keeping on <3 I think that's great :)
  • BoergeAarg61BoergeAarg61 Posts: 949 Member
    I turned 60 last September.
    that's awesome!!!! I'm loving this! videogames aren't just for the kids lol :p
  • RepoRepo Posts: 344 Member
    I'm in the low 50s. I have played The Sims continuously since The Sims 2. I've been game playing since was a teen in the mid 80s when my family bought a Colecovision (not sure I spelled that right, its been a while).
    nice! just goes to show that the sims will live on for generations to come lol
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Early 50s but still feel like early 20s in my head. If only my old bones were the same 😄
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm in my early 50s also. But mostly feel I'm in my 30s. I remember back in the late 80s when my Dad bought his first computer. It was a Desktop Compu Amiga. There was no such thing as Windows & Internet back then. I remember enjoying playing the Adventures of Sinbad & the 1st Original Civilization games. They where on a volume set of 3 & half floppy disks. DVDs didn't exist yet.
    And what I think of what's funny is now that I know that there was an Original Sims PC game called Sims City, I wonder why my Dad or I never, ever heard about it.
    Anyways, that's my story on how I got introduced to computers & PC games. ;)
  • GrimlyFiendishGrimlyFiendish Posts: 718 Member
    Turning 50 this year.
    Occult Simmer (All Occult All The Time)

Female Simmer from Australia (she/her)

I had one of my Sims marry the Grim Reaper & now they have a lot of kids.

• SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    Early 30s but I feel like an old *toot*. Can I join your club? :sweat_smile:
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    Late 30s
    Happy simming!
  • rudolpharudolpha Posts: 995 Member
    I'm retired - have been playing since sims 1 days and think it will be something I'll do "forever".
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Staring at 60 in utter disbelief. *grumbles* must be a typo...
  • HeathertibbHeathertibb Posts: 153 Member
    I'm 37, been playing since the beginning of the franchise
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    edited June 2022
    I am in my late 20s but I feel about 72. Just keep simming :D
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • DaWaterRatDaWaterRat Posts: 3,351 Member
    I've passed the half century mark.
  • cornflake88cornflake88 Posts: 368 Member
    In my 60's been playing since Sims 1
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I just celebrated my 61st birthday.🎉 But I am thinking about aging backwards from now on.😳

I grew up playing an Atari 2600, and MS Dos games, and going to physical arcades and pinball parlours, and playing Sega Mega Drive, and Nintendo, and Quake, Wolfenstein and Doom when they were first released, plus the original release of Sim City, etc etc etc. And yet there are still some people who seem shocked and amazed that a 50 year old could possibly be interested in all forms of gaming. LOLWUT?! I literally grew up gaming as a child/teen/young adult, why would you think that I'd just randomly lose interest once I hit a certain age. :D

• SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    Amen to that. I so agree. I remember the original Atar. My Dad got that 6 years before the Compu Amiga PC. I tried to explain to my grown-up daughter that electronic games & PC games did exist back in the 80s but she just gives me a blank stare like she doesn't understand that. Her generation which is the Millinial generation doesn't get the X or Y generation.
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Amen to that. I so agree. I remember the original Atar. My Dad got that 6 years before the Compu Amiga PC. I tried to explain to my grown-up daughter that electronic games & PC games did exist back in the 80s but she just gives me a blank stare like she doesn't understand that. Her generation which is the Millinial generation doesn't get the X or Y generation.

LOL yeah, exactly! Two of the top 5 hits in Australia for the years 1979 and 1980 were Computer Games by Mi-(actual word for woohoo) and Space Invaders by Player One, but nah we were never into gaming back then. :D

• heiblumeheiblume Posts: 33 Member
    I just hit 52 chronologically anyways, I have lupus so physically feel like 70, but like others my mind thinks I'm 21 lol, legal but pre kids! I was 19 when a good friend bought a home computer pre Windows and introduced me to the Quest games (Police Quest, Space Quest, and Knights Quest). I was hooked. Bought my first computer after saving money during my first military deployment in 1991. My son got me into Sims 1. I always preferred RPGs and Strategy games and thought Sims would be stupid cause really who wants to play a game about working, cooking, and cleaning lol, but I was hooked. Owned every game, pack, and store item since, except for some of the current kits.
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member
    Mid 50s here. My first computer was a Tandy in the 80s that was basically a keyboard that you hooked up to a TV set.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Late 30s and I've been playing since 2005ish.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.