Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Options
    Big_Simmer_1Big_Simmer_1 Posts: 4 New Member
    Hey I am currently doing a story type based Sims big brother series called Big Sim and the site to read it is:- www.bigsimgames.wordpress.com
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member

Monday morning, Billie skipped out of her first class early in order to get to her very first acting gig on time.
    "Check it out-- I'm here on the set of Dead Sea Adventures. And guess who else is here?
    selfie.png
    It's JUDITH WARD!"

"Hey, Ms. Ward! Always admired your work. Pretty crazy that you're here as a background actor and it looks like I'm starring? How did that happen?"
    judith1.png

"..."
    judith2.png

"..."
    judith3.png

"Uh... right, of course, that's not a Dead Sea Adventures costume, and you're not in the same show as me. You're doing probably a much more famous show than I am. And probably a star-turn cameo at that. I'll be going... over here now."
    judith4.png

"She saw me!" Billie giggled with her co-star Isabelle Hammer. "Judith Ward saw me! Judith Ward gave me a cold silent icy stare of death! Eeeeeee!!"

judith5.png

Once they stopped hyperventilating, the young women rehearsed their scene. Isabelle was a little wooden. Billie was a little concerned, but resolved to be the best partner she could be. Maybe if she was very supportive Isabelle would rise to the challenge.
    rehearse.png

Time to get dressed. Oh hey, check out what the wardrobe stylist is named.
    gig-stylist-name.png

"Hey there! I'm sure you get this all the time, but you have a great name for this business! Do you get that all the time?"
    "Oh, God. A newbie."
    sizemore.png

"Here I am in my dashing yet utterly adorable pirate costume, ready for action!"
    selfie2.png

Billie swashbuckled with great aplomb.
    scene-fight.png

Isabelle started out a little wooden but then she relaxed. Their eyes met. Suddenly they both remembered to have fun. They added a charming improvised joke or two. Their scene sparkled and they felt a lingering joy even after the lights went down.
    scene-romance.png

"Time for the bite scene," announced the director.
    "What? Bite scene? That wasn't in the script."
    "Surprise," said Billie's other co-star. "It's with your back to the camera so you have to make it look as disgusting as you can without actually showing the biting."
    Well hey, first big role. Billie put her shoulders into it and snarled a little.
    scene-bite.png
    "I guess that puts the 'Dead' in 'Dead Sea Adventures,' eh?' asked Billie, pretending to wipe her mouth.

"That's a wrap!" said the director.
    "Wow, that scene made me oddly hungry," said Billie.
    gig-that-scene-made-me-hungry.png

At home, Billie's partner Asami and roommates Sai and Miki were watching another episode of Dead Sea Adventures. "I can't believe she's going to be on this show!" they enthused.
    at-home.png

Billie rolled in after they were in bed, and burned the midnight oil finishing her presentation.
    homework.png

But it was so worth it.
    gig-congrats.png

Gold-level performance and double pay! Billie's going places!
  • Options
    Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,085 Member
    edited June 2022
    @Brd709 Great story! Thanks for my morning chuckle!

It made me chuckle too that you can't cook in other sims houses as well. My sim self didn't seem to mind the other party guests going down his fridge though!

Typically the caterer turned up after Ayla had been kicked out!
  • Options
    haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    @MoonlightGraham Thanks for sharing your Henford-on-Bagley save. It was interesting to hear about Christopher. I wish him luck. He has a lot of garden plots, and farming alone is no joke.
    @GirafHuntr Valentine seems so sweet. Kids having a pre-NYE party is such a fun idea and I'm interested in if Noel and Alexis will date when they're older.
    @Metior_Ice I hope the ladies in your save are getting a break, and that Cecelia gets some help with those twins. With them being children now, hopefully it'll be easier.
    @mightysprite The artwork that got Sai the win is the best, daringly innocent and youthful. :) I feel for Miki, but most parents would have a hard time hearing that their child wants to drop out. The screenshot with Asami and the headstones is sweet and creepy at the same time. I like it.
    "Hey, Ms. Ward! Always admired your work. Pretty crazy that you're here as a background actor and it looks like I'm starring? How did that happen?"
    :D I'm dying.
    @GalacticGal Congratulations to your team of 7 for making it through university (especially Kayleigh who managed part of the final term while being pregnant)! I'm glad you were able to work in something about Collision.

Variation 18 (Andante cantabile) - this one is a little weird writing style-wise, but I'm okay with that. :*

AHChvDX.jpg
    6R6uZZ1.jpg
    kuJo7fz.jpg
    Adelise’s dreams were beset by a weird sense of chaos that ran and twisted itself through the quiet corners of her mind, demanding her subconscious’ attention. The chaos felt unexpectedly sweet, but expectedly chaotic… and her subconscious desperately wanted a break.
    To get that break, it pushed Adelise’s conscious mind into taking over and fled before she could reflect on what dreams she’d had. Having lost the narratives, she woke confused and tired in the middle of the night with lingering sensations and scattered images flowing through her head: an angelic presence in need of a weapon; colors and forms with which she was most familiar (vivid green eyes, a pale, slightly flushed, complexion, and dark hair); and a hunger to see and try to make sense of everything everywhere.
    dH77sDu.jpg

She didn’t understand what any of it meant—except weird dreams meant that she was likely pregnant, so she was likely pregnant and that was nice, but she really wanted to return to sleep and think later.
    3XrKEW3.jpg

When Adelise woke for the second time, she felt better, but considered that (regardless of any pregnancy) maybe her scattered thoughts the night before had been a garbled memory. Had Asher been here? She vaguely remembered her husband falling asleep beside her, his body heat keeping her comfortably warm, but that was an obvious fantasy, another dream. Asher was not warm and he never slept here. He couldn’t. She sometimes wondered what it would be like to be in a relationship with a spouse she regularly fell asleep next to, someone who radiated warmth and with whom she was open—she’d married her husband knowing he wasn’t ever going to be that person, but maybe she wouldn’t end up with hurt feelings if she risked being a little less guarded around him. Maybe.
    BaSTRtS.jpg
    ---
    Regardless, Adelise confirmed good news: a baby (baby #18) was coming. Her perhaps less-than-ideal relationship with her husband aside, she was happy about this and knew he would be too.
    aeCzJZE.jpg
    aeCzJZE.jpg
    6O8EGMB.jpg
    ---
    Brett came to visit Elmire again. They swam and played water games. Elmire showed off her diving skills.
    lPqW450.jpg
    h11pcGz.jpg
    Ftr4eTG.jpg

Or rather she showed how she was working to improve her diving skills.

After swimming, the two kids went to the music room, where Brett got a shock.
    aCdLhgR.jpg

He had not known it was possible to play the piano as well as Elmire did.

Brett: Is piano your job?

Elmire: No! I don’t have a job.

Brett: Is it going to be your job? THIS IS THE COOLEST THING I’VE EVER HEARD.

Elmire: Really?! Then, you need to listen to my sister Aster and other pianists play the entire concerto. When there are other instruments, one of the best parts begins as the key switches from B-flat minor to D-flat major. The piano’s arpeggios transform into the melody and then into accompanying chords. It’s andante cantabile and so beautiful~ My sister can use every note to evoke pathos properly. I don’t have my own color yet and I’m still working on my overall technique, but I will keep learning forever!

Brett: I don’t understand anything you just said, but you’re going to play forever?

Elmire: YeS!

For a moment, Brett remained stunned. He could only smile awkwardly as he reflected on what he had been doing with his own life while his elementary school buddy had learned to play the piano at a professional level.
    7niNg0L.jpg

But, after a moment, he concluded that he was fine. Elmire was fine too. She just happened to be really good at the piano.
    ---
    It was actually becoming a thing. Her parents didn’t want to hold her back, but as her father had put it, there were legions of dimwit dodos out there. It might be best if she didn’t attend the Starlight Accolades or do any big performances as a child. Instead, they hoped she would be okay with them setting up special musical things for her that didn’t involve Elmire becoming a public figure.

First, since the Fiers loved dancing, they had a small ballroom dance event. For whatever reason, inviting her friends didn’t really work… and Elmire was the most comfortable with her father anyway, so she was happy to learn something and then dance with him.
    hQ4GWTw.jpg
    wsvqSh2.jpg
    DQciS41.jpg
    k2jp0CS.jpg

Random Author’s Note: This chapter’s title is probably my favorite. It's partially inspired by Rachmaninoff's Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini, Op. 43 (Variation 18).
    For anyone who isn't familiar with my legacy, I have an introduction in the spoiler below. The introduction is for those who don't want to be bothered with past posts and just want to jump in with my most recent ones. Past posts are linked below too, though.
    opVkHJI.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. All but two of them have grown up and moved out. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist in Sulani, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and is enjoying the (gaudy flamboyant) nine bedroom palace he had built in San Myshuno and is even contemplating having a second 2nd home in Mt. Komorebi (in addition to the one in Windenburg). These days though he's officially employed in education and spends a lot of time teaching various things to various people with varying degrees of success (for various reasons). His favorite student is his genius child Elmire.

Learn more about the Fiers?
    Past posts are linked and indexed on my blog
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    Whew, this took a long time to write. Here's the link to my story thread for anyone that wants to catch up. I'm trying to add spoilers to old posts to help with the overwhelming amount of text and pictures. lol.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18123856/#Comment_18123856

@haneul as always, I'm loving your updates.
    I wanted Dylan And Zeph to be more involved, but no matter how hard I tried to include Barnabus and Wade in social stuff, the game would not let them do much to interact with the twins.

That aside, the hard part of doing a legacy where the heir and spare are twins is that you need two of everything. It's so expensive and hard to keep up with multiple toddlers.

All things aside, things are getting easier. Cecelia are essentially the Founders of this Legacy and the Twins are the first generation. They don't have a lot and they are building a foundation for future generations from scratch. Things are getting easier, especially as Cecelia paints higher quality paintings.

Merfolk Tail Color Genetics Rule

The children always inherit the Father's Tail with very few exceptions.
    • For Gay Couples, the one that carries the child doesn't pass on the tail color. Mermen and Mermaids can carry children in gay relationships.
    • Elemental Bloolines can influence a different tail color.
    • For Example, Dylan and Zephyr inherited their grandmother's blue tail color because they are Water and Air Elementals.
    • Ember was born a spellcaster in spite of merfolk Parents because she's a Fire Elemental.
    • Juniper inherited his father's greenish tail because he's an Earth Elemental of Plants.
    • Jade was born a Vampire despite merfolk parents because she's an Earth Elemental of the Land.

Elemental Occults Rule

Due to the nature of certain Occults and their abilities, I came up with a few rules for which type of occult the Water, Air, Fire, Earth, and Shadow Elementas can become. I split Earth Elementals into two variations, Land Elementals and Plant Elementals.
    • Water and Air Elementals can only become Merfolk
    • Earth Elementals of Plants can be only be Merfolk or Plant sims
    • Earth Elementals of the Land and Shadow Elementals can only become Vampires or Werewolves
    • Fire Elementals can only become Spellcasters

The Sapphire Royal Family's Laws of Succesion
    Kemps is the Sapphire King because he is the oldest son of the Sapphire Queen. This makes Calum the First Prince, and next in line for the royal title. Reef, the adopted son of the Sapphire Queen, is a Lord and Keeper of Merfolk History.

It was believed that the Blue Tail was lost because Kemps and Calum inherited their father's tail, a typical result of merfolk genetics.

With the Bloodline believed to be broken, Kemps inherited the title of Sapphire King and Calum inherited the title First Sapphire Prince.

After Calum fell in love with an Elemental and had children, the Blue Tail resurfaced in the Bloodline. Dylan and Zephyr became the joint heirs and the Second Crown Princes because they inherited their Grandmother's Blue Tail. Age gave Kemps Seniority and that's why Dylan and Zephyr never inherited the title of Sapphire King.

Barnaby and Wade are destined to be drawn to the sea because their Father is an Elemental of Water and the Spirit of the Sea. They are fated to become mermen when their bloodline awakens, but any descendants of theirs will not share the same fate if they are born before their bloodline awakens. Barnaby and Wade will inherit Dylan's Tail.

The order of succesion for the title of Sapphire King is as follows:
    • Kemps: Current Sapphire King
    • Calum
    • Dylan and Zeph: Joint Second Princes
    • Barnabus
    • Wade

This makes the first born twin of the Twin Legacy the Heir and the Second Born twin a spare.

Barnaby and Wade's Toddler Days

Raising a pair of twins can be stressful, however, Sefina promised Zephyr that she would help look after his brother's family. While Cecelia learned to live life as a human and went to work in a human career, Sefina took time to help care for the twins. As was intentional, the Twins didn't know they were royals or had a connection to the sea. They didn't know that Elementals, Merfolk, Vampires, and Aliens existed. They didn't know about the Darkfins hunting the Royal Bloodline they were apart of. They were blissfully oblivious to the dangers of the magic realm even though they lived in one of the few magical worlds. Barnabus was the older twin and Wade was the younger twin. The difference in age was seconds to minutes.

While Wade played with the blocks, Sefina focused her attention on Barnabus. Barnabus, or Barnaby as his mother lovingly called him, was a wild toddler and needed the extra attention. Wade was Angelic and never misbehaved.

52120619277_145390f1ac_b.jpg
    Sefina: "And that's why we set the table with silverware in that order."

Barnaby smiled and nodded. Sefina wondered if anything got through to the hyper child.

Wade thought: "These blocks are fun. I wonder if I'd be able to play catch. What is catch?"

52120619257_221662f13c_b.jpg

Instead of Sefina trying to teach a young toddler that couldn't speak table manners, she though it would be more helpful to teach him how to speak. Before leaving the Business Career to become a Gardener and work outside like she always wanted to, she ate a lot of Pizza at Foxbury. This brought back memories of when she first met Zeph.
    She didn't know about merfolk, but as if under a spell, she fell for Zeph quickly. While Dylan set the mood, she had her first kiss with Zephyr.

50830733042_c6fc524c78_h.jpg

And that's when she found out what Zephyr was soon after. She saw his shimmering blue tail when he lept out of the water to splash her, and oddly, she wasn't totally startled by the absence of legs. Zephyr at the time wasn't confomring to merfolk traditions and wore a fish net top. Apparently, young mermen were rebelious to tradition too during their University Years. Later, Zeph went shirtless, even in his human form, distanced himself from humans, wore more gold and silver trinkets, and left the netting behind when he had to represent the Merfolk of Sulani as a prince. The fish net was human junk that wasn't suitable for a prince, so Zephyr was told.

50829901328_ff7e925123_c.jpg

The night was still magical for Sefina.

50830647601_4892d28c87_c.jpg

Sefina: "And that's what pizza is."

52120619247_56aacb36b2_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babble. (So that's what Rex Treks eats?)".

52122152945_d0933684cf_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babble. Babble. (Doesn't seem healthy though.)"

52121652451_12065fe63f_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babba. (I like junk food though.)"

52121653621_74a680f0e5_b.jpg

While Sefina taught Barnaby how to talk, Wade taught himself how to speak by talking to the plants outside.

Wade: "Babble. (What does sunshine taste like?)."

52120619222_4e68a76d7d_c.jpg

Later in the afternoon, Sefina got a call from Zeph.

52121897384_e333655891_b.jpg

Naturally, Sefina didn't want to leave the twins home alone, so she brought them with her. Cecelia was home at the time, so she joined Sefina at the City Festival. Wade learned to speak and his first words was a Joke he learned there.

Wade: "Why did the Jack spring from his box?"

Cecelia: "Why?"

Wade: "Because he's a Jack-in-the-box."

52121685308_e3c4fa8374_b.jpg

Barnaby thought the festival was the perfect time to take his clothes off.

52121897369_909269da01_b.jpg

As he wandered around naked, Cecelia caught up with him.

52121653571_121955b9e1_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Are you serious? Please don't take your clothes off in public."

Barnaby thought: "I want to bob to music now."

52120618062_28dc089c42_b.jpg

Before Cecelia could follow Barnaby, Wade aproached her.

Wade: "Story please!"

Cecelia: "Sure, let me get your brother and we'll head home for a story."

52120619142_9b49a6834d_b.jpg

Even though their father, uncle, grandparents were at the festival, the twins never had a chance to get to know them. Still, Dylan and Zeph were always keeping watch over them at a distance. It was hard. Dylan, Zeph, Calum, and Arihi wanted to be a part of their lives, but they also had to keep their distance for their protection. It was Cecelia's wish that they didn't know about the magic realm yet. At home, Barnaby wandered into the bathroom and started splashing in the toilet.

52121897289_8908624319_c.jpg

Cecelia had to stop reading Wade to sleep to discpline his brother. She went for a softer approach and hugged it out.

52122152830_e67e85b6b8_b.jpg

The afternoon rainstorm hit, and Cecelia held the umbrella over herself and the twins. Barnaby were unaffected by the rain, and Wade gave his brother a hug.

52121897239_0fbe18ec3d_b.jpg

Wade: "You need to listen to mommy. She's trying to help you."

52120618042_5632db7666_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babble. (Why aren't you talking normal anymore. Those words are Quackers.)"

52121897224_ce92716b9d_b.jpg

Then Barnaby started to speak. He didn't even second guess himself.

Barnaby: "My favorite color is Orange!"

52121896229_c1a2bd1b91_b.jpg

Barnaby: "But I also like the color red."

52121685203_eef8e0e4be_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Red is actually a pretty cool color."

Wade: "I like green and brown, but red is a cool color."

52120619067_796562fd61_b.jpg

The next morning, Barnaby snuck into the cabninets and grabbed some baking ingredients for an art project. He saw his mom painting a lot, and he thought art was fun.

52121897164_0330488e93_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Are you serious? We just got this new patio and a slide for you and your brother."

52121653431_7eccd1d0c8_h.jpg

Cecelia: "Please don't make messes."

52121653391_54c4db3444_h.jpg

After cleaning up the mess and when Sefina came home, Dylan asked Cecelia if she wanted to go on a date.

52120617987_b4aa9e3615_b.jpg

The couple went to the Dance Floor and danced together. Cecelia blew Dylan a kiss. Since they were in a Magic World, Dylan wore traditional merman attire. He had his image as a merman prince to maintain. He still had a responsibility to represent Sulani Merfolk.

52121685133_484c3ba095_b.jpg

Like his brother, Dylan wasn't using his human form as much, and the magic to shapeshift came at a price. It hurt to stand, like daggers in his feet. Eventually, he had to sit down during the date. He was trying to get used to being in his human form again, and he thought he was past the discomfort. The pain would go away if he spent enough time shapeshifted.

Cecelia, having been a mermaid herself, understood that it took a lot of effort for Dylan to be on land. She didn't mind sitting down with him.

52122152730_4c2f539246_b.jpg

Cecelia whispered in Dylan's ear: "I'm glad you could be here."

Dylan: "Of course, I would endure a thousand daggers in my feet anytime if it means I get to spend one night with you."

52121685103_fd7679595b_b.jpg

Dylan placed a hand on Cecelia's and Cecelia grabbed his hand.

Dylan: "You and the twins mean the world to me, and I look forward to spending every moment I can with you and them."

52121653336_15e42ce437_b.jpg

Dylan clasped his other hand around Cecelia's. "I will always be here for you and them."

Cecelia: "I know you will be."

52121653326_4a454a84b2_b.jpg

Dylan and Cecelia snuggled close to each other. It was hard for both of them. Dylan was bound to the sea, and Sarah Darkfin took Cecelia mermadic magic. Though Sarah was defeated in the Ruins of a Selvadorada Temple, her curse still kept Dylan and Cecelia apart after death. It was only a matter of time before Barnabus and Wade's bloodline would awaken. Cecelia would die a mortal death, and Dylan would have to help his sons after she was gone.

52120618982_c9243d676e_c.jpg

Cecelia kissed Dylan on the head. "I'll always love you."

52121653311_4cd6740635_b.jpg

Before Dylan could reply, Cecelia mercilessly tickled him. "And that's payback for our last date."

52121896199_45e6388c2e_b.jpg

The merman couldn't take it. "I give. I give."

52121897099_e29fc6339c_b.jpg

When Cecelia was done, Dylan whispered in her ear. "Let's sing some karaoke. I think I have the energy to stand again."

52122152645_2b4dd4f989_b.jpg

The couple went down stairs and sang a karaoke duet before Dylan returned to the sea.

52121684958_9f040cbb80_b.jpg

The date was just what Cecelia needed to keep going. It helped her have a bit of fun and socialization before looking after the twins again. She taught Barnaby shapes while Wade learned shapes on his own.

52121684923_3108ee8559_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Look, you can make a castle with the blocks if you stack the smaller blocks on the bigger blocks."

It started to occur to Baranbus that healthy foods were better than junk food. He didn't know how shapes factored into it, but he was learning.

52121684908_0f34d88c02_b.jpg

Sefina checked on Wade.

Wade: "Bath time please!"

52121897009_25bb031de7_b.jpg

Cecelia stepped in to endure the toddler soaking while Sefina used the bathroom counter to make a fruit salad. When you lived off the grid and grew your own food, you made do with whatever you had. Cecelia and Sefina had lots of fruits they grew in their garden.

52120618887_2013e484cb_b.jpg

The twins didn't know why it became dark sometimes, and Cecelia and Sefina always kept the tears and fears away by spending quality time with them. The house was getting bigger and used more power than it produced. Soon, they would need more wind turbines. After all, the Spirit of the Sky looked after them. They had the sky and the wind on their side.

52120618857_9f951a9668_b.jpg

Sefina told a bold story to help pass the time. "And that's how Rex Treks brings us the wind. With every roar, we get a gust of wind that helps to keep the lights on.

52120618842_567a65c742_b.jpg

Suddenly, thunder crashed and the rain outside turned into a thunderstorm. Wind rushed over the roof and the wind turbines picked up speed.

Cecelia comforted Wade with a hug. "It's okay. It's just Rex Treks's Roar, and someone very special to Sefina helping us."

52121653111_3729671ceb_b.jpg

The power came back on, but Cecelia and Sefina had to go to work. The twins were taken to daycare even though they weren't happy. Cecelia and Sefina did find a daycare that would take good care of the boys.

52121896964_131b8e6081_b.jpg

Later that night, strange lights began glowing outside. They hypniotically called to Sefina. In much the same way that the Cecelia and Sefina kept the twins true identities a secret, Gui never told them that he was an Alien when he renovated their home. Unfortuantely, associating with Aliens put Sefina and Cecelia on their radar. And, magic was a curiosity for aliens that specialized in science.

52121684073_9bb51bd6aa_b.jpg

The abduction from Aliens was inevitable. It was only a matter of time before the Aliens would prove friendly or not.

52120618797_d4dc96c5d7_b.jpg

While Sefina was abducted, Ember came over to check on her sisters in law. The sky was unforgiving and she was struck by lightning outisde their doors. For Ember, it was a harmless zap that sent a clear message. It wasn't time for Ember to meet her nephews.

52120618787_6643f694d1_b.jpg

Shortly after, Sefina was returned to her home. The Aliens didn't get much from abducting her. She was the most human out of everyone she knew.

52121653041_d608ddd2b3_b.jpg

Still, Sefina was worried about the Aliens. They were dangerously close to one of the Worlds' Pillars, the Spirit of the Sky and her husband.

52121896909_a3349fbe96_b.jpg

Despite everything that happened outside, the twins were still protected from the truth. Barnaby made silly faces with his brother and took a liking to comedy.

52121896874_18cce858a9_c.jpg

Much like their Father and Uncle, Barnaby and Wade were very close and spent a lot of time together. They didn't know a lot of people and their world was still very small. Barnaby was the one that pushed the boundaries of their world and looked for adventure outside. Wade stayed in his pajamas most of the time. He liked the outdoors but he didn't try to leave the safe comfort of their nursery as often.

52121896854_976c826be8_b.jpg

Eventually, the twins outgrew the high chairs. It reached a point where they ate in bed or on the floor. It was difficult to have them do much else. When the wind slowed, the power went out, and this became normal for the twins. The light from windows helped to keep the dark away.

52122152325_6c1c003a80_b.jpg

At least until the summer thunderstorms blacked out the sky, but this was also a relief. The thunderstorms brought the wind and the power eventually turned back on.

52121652961_3f39484e0e_b.jpg

As the week grew closer to an end, the boys were clearly growing fast. Barnaby loved to rough house with Cecelia and he was still young enough for Cecelia to enjoy it too.

52121652956_ee43bfc5b8_b.jpg

52120618642_4421af4225_b.jpg

52122151630_8e42263ca8_b.jpg

The Alien Activity didn't escape Zephyr's notice, and he showed up the next day to check on his wife, Sister in Law, and Nephews. Much like his brother, this was going out of his way. It didn't look like it, but it was hard on him to take human form.

52121896759_28d34f21f8_b.jpg

Sefina: "You don't think we have anything to worry about."

Zeph: "As long as they don't make a habit of showing up. I think you and the twins will be fine. I'll watch over you guys, and if they return, I'll see what I can do to keep you guys safe."

52120618547_f3fe35c471_b.jpg

After checking on Sefina, Zeph went for a quick jog around the house. Every step hurt, but he wanted to check out the area just in case.

52120618522_41d529dac1_b.jpg

Back at the house, Barnaby pushed Wade away. Wade lovedgiving hugs, but Barnaby felt like he was getting too big for them. This was a surprise for Wade.

52121652866_35d28ffee8_c.jpg

Since the twins didn't want to socialize today, they decided to watch Sefina repair the toilet.

52120617787_853c13c0cb_b.jpg

Friday arrived faste than expected and the local bars had a speical to show appreciation to their patrons. Cecelia and Sefina had a date night with their Husbands in Sulani. They huddles around the warm embers of the Beach Bonfire before getting something to eat. As Mermen, Dylan and Zeph were sustained by the sea and never needed to eat, but their wives were different. The next day was Baranby and Wade's Birthday. There wasn't a lot they could do to celebrate while trying to stay on the down low. So, a family gathering was out of the question.

52121652811_6227a7db03_b.jpg

Extras
    Cecelia and Sefina had interesting nightmares. lol

52120618742_e7993ae099_w.jpg

52122548750_70345cc91e_w.jpg

Dylan was struck by Lighting when he came to visit. I think Dylan and Zeph would have been more involved with the toddlers if the game had the option for the twins to interact with them. Unfortunately, I couldn't even introduce Baranabus and Wade to Dylan and Zeph until they aged up. It's not like Dylan and Zeph didn't try to be there. They did visit fairly often and did their best to be as involved as possible.

52121684258_288554efd4_b.jpg

A preview of Barnabus and Wade. Their Childhood will start with the next update. I wonder where Barnabus is learning about Vampires?

52122151865_9609e6ce2c_h.jpg
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,565 Member
    Thank you @haneul! I had to put a pause on the pregnancy's after others suggested once she hits her third trimester she would be forced to pack up and leave. I only allowed her to proceed to the final trimester after graduation, then I put another pause on it since there's an impending wedding.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    Whew, this took a long time to write. Here's the link to my story thread for anyone that wants to catch up. I'm trying to add spoilers to old posts to help with the overwhelming amount of text and pictures. lol.

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18123856/#Comment_18123856

@haneul as always, I'm loving your updates.
    I wanted Dylan And Zeph to be more involved, but no matter how hard I tried to include Barnabus and Wade in social stuff, the game would not let them do much to interact with the twins.

That aside, the hard part of doing a legacy where the heir and spare are twins is that you need two of everything. It's so expensive and hard to keep up with multiple toddlers.

All things aside, things are getting easier. Cecelia are essentially the Founders of this Legacy and the Twins are the first generation. They don't have a lot and they are building a foundation for future generations from scratch. Things are getting easier, especially as Cecelia paints higher quality paintings.

Merfolk Tail Color Genetics Rule

The children always inherit the Father's Tail with very few exceptions.
    • For Gay Couples, the one that carries the child doesn't pass on the tail color. Mermen and Mermaids can carry children in gay relationships.
    • Elemental Bloolines can influence a different tail color.
    • For Example, Dylan and Zephyr inherited their grandmother's blue tail color because they are Water and Air Elementals.
    • Ember was born a spellcaster in spite of merfolk Parents because she's a Fire Elemental.
    • Juniper inherited his father's greenish tail because he's an Earth Elemental of Plants.
    • Jade was born a Vampire despite merfolk parents because she's an Earth Elemental of the Land.

Elemental Occults Rule

Due to the nature of certain Occults and their abilities, I came up with a few rules for which type of occult the Water, Air, Fire, Earth, and Shadow Elementas can become. I split Earth Elementals into two variations, Land Elementals and Plant Elementals.
    • Water and Air Elementals can only become Merfolk
    • Earth Elementals of Plants can be only be Merfolk or Plant sims
    • Earth Elementals of the Land and Shadow Elementals can only become Vampires or Werewolves
    • Fire Elementals can only become Spellcasters

The Sapphire Royal Family's Laws of Succesion
    Kemps is the Sapphire King because he is the oldest son of the Sapphire Queen. This makes Calum the First Prince, and next in line for the royal title. Reef, the adopted son of the Sapphire Queen, is a Lord and Keeper of Merfolk History.

It was believed that the Blue Tail was lost because Kemps and Calum inherited their father's tail, a typical result of merfolk genetics.

With the Bloodline believed to be broken, Kemps inherited the title of Sapphire King and Calum inherited the title First Sapphire Prince.

After Calum fell in love with an Elemental and had children, the Blue Tail resurfaced in the Bloodline. Dylan and Zephyr became the joint heirs and the Second Crown Princes because they inherited their Grandmother's Blue Tail. Age gave Kemps Seniority and that's why Dylan and Zephyr never inherited the title of Sapphire King.

Barnaby and Wade are destined to be drawn to the sea because their Father is an Elemental of Water and the Spirit of the Sea. They are fated to become mermen when their bloodline awakens, but any descendants of theirs will not share the same fate if they are born before their bloodline awakens. Barnaby and Wade will inherit Dylan's Tail.

The order of succesion for the title of Sapphire King is as follows:
    • Kemps: Current Sapphire King
    • Calum
    • Dylan and Zeph: Joint Second Princes
    • Barnabus
    • Wade

This makes the first born twin of the Twin Legacy the Heir and the Second Born twin a spare.

Barnaby and Wade's Toddler Days

Raising a pair of twins can be stressful, however, Sefina promised Zephyr that she would help look after his brother's family. While Cecelia learned to live life as a human and went to work in a human career, Sefina took time to help care for the twins. As was intentional, the Twins didn't know they were royals or had a connection to the sea. They didn't know that Elementals, Merfolk, Vampires, and Aliens existed. They didn't know about the Darkfins hunting the Royal Bloodline they were apart of. They were blissfully oblivious to the dangers of the magic realm even though they lived in one of the few magical worlds. Barnabus was the older twin and Wade was the younger twin. The difference in age was seconds to minutes.

While Wade played with the blocks, Sefina focused her attention on Barnabus. Barnabus, or Barnaby as his mother lovingly called him, was a wild toddler and needed the extra attention. Wade was Angelic and never misbehaved.

52120619277_145390f1ac_b.jpg
    Sefina: "And that's why we set the table with silverware in that order."

Barnaby smiled and nodded. Sefina wondered if anything got through to the hyper child.

Wade thought: "These blocks are fun. I wonder if I'd be able to play catch. What is catch?"

52120619257_221662f13c_b.jpg

Instead of Sefina trying to teach a young toddler that couldn't speak table manners, she though it would be more helpful to teach him how to speak. Before leaving the Business Career to become a Gardener and work outside like she always wanted to, she ate a lot of Pizza at Foxbury. This brought back memories of when she first met Zeph.
    She didn't know about merfolk, but as if under a spell, she fell for Zeph quickly. While Dylan set the mood, she had her first kiss with Zephyr.

50830733042_c6fc524c78_h.jpg

And that's when she found out what Zephyr was soon after. She saw his shimmering blue tail when he lept out of the water to splash her, and oddly, she wasn't totally startled by the absence of legs. Zephyr at the time wasn't confomring to merfolk traditions and wore a fish net top. Apparently, young mermen were rebelious to tradition too during their University Years. Later, Zeph went shirtless, even in his human form, distanced himself from humans, wore more gold and silver trinkets, and left the netting behind when he had to represent the Merfolk of Sulani as a prince. The fish net was human junk that wasn't suitable for a prince, so Zephyr was told.

50829901328_ff7e925123_c.jpg

The night was still magical for Sefina.

50830647601_4892d28c87_c.jpg

Sefina: "And that's what pizza is."

52120619247_56aacb36b2_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babble. (So that's what Rex Treks eats?)".

52122152945_d0933684cf_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babble. Babble. (Doesn't seem healthy though.)"

52121652451_12065fe63f_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babba. (I like junk food though.)"

52121653621_74a680f0e5_b.jpg

While Sefina taught Barnaby how to talk, Wade taught himself how to speak by talking to the plants outside.

Wade: "Babble. (What does sunshine taste like?)."

52120619222_4e68a76d7d_c.jpg

Later in the afternoon, Sefina got a call from Zeph.

52121897384_e333655891_b.jpg

Naturally, Sefina didn't want to leave the twins home alone, so she brought them with her. Cecelia was home at the time, so she joined Sefina at the City Festival. Wade learned to speak and his first words was a Joke he learned there.

Wade: "Why did the Jack spring from his box?"

Cecelia: "Why?"

Wade: "Because he's a Jack-in-the-box."

52121685308_e3c4fa8374_b.jpg

Barnaby thought the festival was the perfect time to take his clothes off.

52121897369_909269da01_b.jpg

As he wandered around naked, Cecelia caught up with him.

52121653571_121955b9e1_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Are you serious? Please don't take your clothes off in public."

Barnaby thought: "I want to bob to music now."

52120618062_28dc089c42_b.jpg

Before Cecelia could follow Barnaby, Wade aproached her.

Wade: "Story please!"

Cecelia: "Sure, let me get your brother and we'll head home for a story."

52120619142_9b49a6834d_b.jpg

Even though their father, uncle, grandparents were at the festival, the twins never had a chance to get to know them. Still, Dylan and Zeph were always keeping watch over them at a distance. It was hard. Dylan, Zeph, Calum, and Arihi wanted to be a part of their lives, but they also had to keep their distance for their protection. It was Cecelia's wish that they didn't know about the magic realm yet. At home, Barnaby wandered into the bathroom and started splashing in the toilet.

52121897289_8908624319_c.jpg

Cecelia had to stop reading Wade to sleep to discpline his brother. She went for a softer approach and hugged it out.

52122152830_e67e85b6b8_b.jpg

The afternoon rainstorm hit, and Cecelia held the umbrella over herself and the twins. Barnaby were unaffected by the rain, and Wade gave his brother a hug.

52121897239_0fbe18ec3d_b.jpg

Wade: "You need to listen to mommy. She's trying to help you."

52120618042_5632db7666_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Babble. (Why aren't you talking normal anymore. Those words are Quackers.)"

52121897224_ce92716b9d_b.jpg

Then Barnaby started to speak. He didn't even second guess himself.

Barnaby: "My favorite color is Orange!"

52121896229_c1a2bd1b91_b.jpg

Barnaby: "But I also like the color red."

52121685203_eef8e0e4be_b.jpg

Barnaby: "Red is actually a pretty cool color."

Wade: "I like green and brown, but red is a cool color."

52120619067_796562fd61_b.jpg

The next morning, Barnaby snuck into the cabninets and grabbed some baking ingredients for an art project. He saw his mom painting a lot, and he thought art was fun.

52121897164_0330488e93_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Are you serious? We just got this new patio and a slide for you and your brother."

52121653431_7eccd1d0c8_h.jpg

Cecelia: "Please don't make messes."

52121653391_54c4db3444_h.jpg

After cleaning up the mess and when Sefina came home, Dylan asked Cecelia if she wanted to go on a date.

52120617987_b4aa9e3615_b.jpg

The couple went to the Dance Floor and danced together. Cecelia blew Dylan a kiss. Since they were in a Magic World, Dylan wore traditional merman attire. He had his image as a merman prince to maintain. He still had a responsibility to represent Sulani Merfolk.

52121685133_484c3ba095_b.jpg

Like his brother, Dylan wasn't using his human form as much, and the magic to shapeshift came at a price. It hurt to stand, like daggers in his feet. Eventually, he had to sit down during the date. He was trying to get used to being in his human form again, and he thought he was past the discomfort. The pain would go away if he spent enough time shapeshifted.

Cecelia, having been a mermaid herself, understood that it took a lot of effort for Dylan to be on land. She didn't mind sitting down with him.

52122152730_4c2f539246_b.jpg

Cecelia whispered in Dylan's ear: "I'm glad you could be here."

Dylan: "Of course, I would endure a thousand daggers in my feet anytime if it means I get to spend one night with you."

52121685103_fd7679595b_b.jpg

Dylan placed a hand on Cecelia's and Cecelia grabbed his hand.

Dylan: "You and the twins mean the world to me, and I look forward to spending every moment I can with you and them."

52121653336_15e42ce437_b.jpg

Dylan clasped his other hand around Cecelia's. "I will always be here for you and them."

Cecelia: "I know you will be."

52121653326_4a454a84b2_b.jpg

Dylan and Cecelia snuggled close to each other. It was hard for both of them. Dylan was bound to the sea, and Sarah Darkfin took Cecelia mermadic magic. Though Sarah was defeated in the Ruins of a Selvadorada Temple, her curse still kept Dylan and Cecelia apart after death. It was only a matter of time before Barnabus and Wade's bloodline would awaken. Cecelia would die a mortal death, and Dylan would have to help his sons after she was gone.

52120618982_c9243d676e_c.jpg

Cecelia kissed Dylan on the head. "I'll always love you."

52121653311_4cd6740635_b.jpg

Before Dylan could reply, Cecelia mercilessly tickled him. "And that's payback for our last date."

52121896199_45e6388c2e_b.jpg

The merman couldn't take it. "I give. I give."

52121897099_e29fc6339c_b.jpg

When Cecelia was done, Dylan whispered in her ear. "Let's sing some karaoke. I think I have the energy to stand again."

52122152645_2b4dd4f989_b.jpg

The couple went down stairs and sang a karaoke duet before Dylan returned to the sea.

52121684958_9f040cbb80_b.jpg

The date was just what Cecelia needed to keep going. It helped her have a bit of fun and socialization before looking after the twins again. She taught Barnaby shapes while Wade learned shapes on his own.

52121684923_3108ee8559_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Look, you can make a castle with the blocks if you stack the smaller blocks on the bigger blocks."

It started to occur to Baranbus that healthy foods were better than junk food. He didn't know how shapes factored into it, but he was learning.

52121684908_0f34d88c02_b.jpg

Sefina checked on Wade.

Wade: "Bath time please!"

52121897009_25bb031de7_b.jpg

Cecelia stepped in to endure the toddler soaking while Sefina used the bathroom counter to make a fruit salad. When you lived off the grid and grew your own food, you made do with whatever you had. Cecelia and Sefina had lots of fruits they grew in their garden.

52120618887_2013e484cb_b.jpg

The twins didn't know why it became dark sometimes, and Cecelia and Sefina always kept the tears and fears away by spending quality time with them. The house was getting bigger and used more power than it produced. Soon, they would need more wind turbines. After all, the Spirit of the Sky looked after them. They had the sky and the wind on their side.

52120618857_9f951a9668_b.jpg

Sefina told a bold story to help pass the time. "And that's how Rex Treks brings us the wind. With every roar, we get a gust of wind that helps to keep the lights on.

52120618842_567a65c742_b.jpg

Suddenly, thunder crashed and the rain outside turned into a thunderstorm. Wind rushed over the roof and the wind turbines picked up speed.

Cecelia comforted Wade with a hug. "It's okay. It's just Rex Treks's Roar, and someone very special to Sefina helping us."

52121653111_3729671ceb_b.jpg

The power came back on, but Cecelia and Sefina had to go to work. The twins were taken to daycare even though they weren't happy. Cecelia and Sefina did find a daycare that would take good care of the boys.

52121896964_131b8e6081_b.jpg

Later that night, strange lights began glowing outside. They hypniotically called to Sefina. In much the same way that the Cecelia and Sefina kept the twins true identities a secret, Gui never told them that he was an Alien when he renovated their home. Unfortuantely, associating with Aliens put Sefina and Cecelia on their radar. And, magic was a curiosity for aliens that specialized in science.

52121684073_9bb51bd6aa_b.jpg

The abduction from Aliens was inevitable. It was only a matter of time before the Aliens would prove friendly or not.

52120618797_d4dc96c5d7_b.jpg

While Sefina was abducted, Ember came over to check on her sisters in law. The sky was unforgiving and she was struck by lightning outisde their doors. For Ember, it was a harmless zap that sent a clear message. It wasn't time for Ember to meet her nephews.

52120618787_6643f694d1_b.jpg

Shortly after, Sefina was returned to her home. The Aliens didn't get much from abducting her. She was the most human out of everyone she knew.

52121653041_d608ddd2b3_b.jpg

Still, Sefina was worried about the Aliens. They were dangerously close to one of the Worlds' Pillars, the Spirit of the Sky and her husband.

52121896909_a3349fbe96_b.jpg

Despite everything that happened outside, the twins were still protected from the truth. Barnaby made silly faces with his brother and took a liking to comedy.

52121896874_18cce858a9_c.jpg

Much like their Father and Uncle, Barnaby and Wade were very close and spent a lot of time together. They didn't know a lot of people and their world was still very small. Barnaby was the one that pushed the boundaries of their world and looked for adventure outside. Wade stayed in his pajamas most of the time. He liked the outdoors but he didn't try to leave the safe comfort of their nursery as often.

52121896854_976c826be8_b.jpg

Eventually, the twins outgrew the high chairs. It reached a point where they ate in bed or on the floor. It was difficult to have them do much else. When the wind slowed, the power went out, and this became normal for the twins. The light from windows helped to keep the dark away.

52122152325_6c1c003a80_b.jpg

At least until the summer thunderstorms blacked out the sky, but this was also a relief. The thunderstorms brought the wind and the power eventually turned back on.

52121652961_3f39484e0e_b.jpg

As the week grew closer to an end, the boys were clearly growing fast. Barnaby loved to rough house with Cecelia and he was still young enough for Cecelia to enjoy it too.

52121652956_ee43bfc5b8_b.jpg

52120618642_4421af4225_b.jpg

52122151630_8e42263ca8_b.jpg

The Alien Activity didn't escape Zephyr's notice, and he showed up the next day to check on his wife, Sister in Law, and Nephews. Much like his brother, this was going out of his way. It didn't look like it, but it was hard on him to take human form.

52121896759_28d34f21f8_b.jpg

Sefina: "You don't think we have anything to worry about."

Zeph: "As long as they don't make a habit of showing up. I think you and the twins will be fine. I'll watch over you guys, and if they return, I'll see what I can do to keep you guys safe."

52120618547_f3fe35c471_b.jpg

After checking on Sefina, Zeph went for a quick jog around the house. Every step hurt, but he wanted to check out the area just in case.

52120618522_41d529dac1_b.jpg

Back at the house, Barnaby pushed Wade away. Wade lovedgiving hugs, but Barnaby felt like he was getting too big for them. This was a surprise for Wade.

52121652866_35d28ffee8_c.jpg

Since the twins didn't want to socialize today, they decided to watch Sefina repair the toilet.

52120617787_853c13c0cb_b.jpg

Friday arrived faste than expected and the local bars had a speical to show appreciation to their patrons. Cecelia and Sefina had a date night with their Husbands in Sulani. They huddles around the warm embers of the Beach Bonfire before getting something to eat. As Mermen, Dylan and Zeph were sustained by the sea and never needed to eat, but their wives were different. The next day was Baranby and Wade's Birthday. There wasn't a lot they could do to celebrate while trying to stay on the down low. So, a family gathering was out of the question.

52121652811_6227a7db03_b.jpg

Extras
    Cecelia and Sefina had interesting nightmares. lol

52120618742_e7993ae099_w.jpg

52122548750_70345cc91e_w.jpg

Dylan was struck by Lighting when he came to visit. I think Dylan and Zeph would have been more involved with the toddlers if the game had the option for the twins to interact with them. Unfortunately, I couldn't even introduce Baranabus and Wade to Dylan and Zeph until they aged up. It's not like Dylan and Zeph didn't try to be there. They did visit fairly often and did their best to be as involved as possible.

52121684258_288554efd4_b.jpg

A preview of Barnabus and Wade. Their Childhood will start with the next update. I wonder where Barnabus is learning about Vampires?

52122151865_9609e6ce2c_h.jpg

Your story looks very interesting. If I can make the time I would love to give it a read

I can relate to the time it takes to write text and dialogue. It's more time consuming then you would think.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    And yes, Barnabus and Wade have the Sulani Mana Trait. They are Water Elementals. They just don't know it yet.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 Thank you for your response.

It does take a while to make a story update. The link to the older posts for this story are in my post. I'm trying to tie in screenshots taken for older posts. Dylan and Zeph have been around for a very long time, and I'm trying to maintain a more cohesive story that doesn't get lost in this thread. That's why I have my story thread.

I do my best to keep my updates as recent as possible.
  • Options
    As always, I was fully captivated by your story, @Metior_Ice , I loved the interactions of the Toddlers.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
  • Options
    As always, I was fully captivated by your story, @Metior_Ice , I loved the interactions of the Toddlers.

@GalacticGal I'm happy you are enjoying the story!

After my update, I was thinking. It might be cool if merfolk had a temporary negative moodlet from being on land. Something different from the Dried Scales moodlet.

The Original Little Mermaid story, not the disney version, depicts the Little Mermaid as being in pain while on land. The feeling of daggers stabbing Dylan's feet comes from that. The game doesn't actually have any real consequence to merfolk being on land too long other than dried scales. That's actually Dylan and Zeph's only weakness. They have to return to the water to stay hydrated. I intentionally did not give them any traits that slows the decay of their hydration need. I made up the discomfort Dylan and Zeph feel from taking their human form.

If they give merfolk an abiltiy system like Vampires, I think a good negative/ positive set of abilities would be the ability to stay on land longer or a more pressing need to return to the water. There could even be a temporary negative moodlet they get that makes them uncomfortable when they are on land. I know good vampires can have the Guilty Drinker moodlet that makes them upset that they drink plasma without permission.

Anyways, I remain hopeful that they do a refresh for Island Living. It's an expansion pack that needs attention. Merfolk need an update.
  • Options
    @DaniRose2143 "Your story looks very interesting. If I can make the time I would love to give it a read

I can relate to the time it takes to write text and dialogue. It's more time consuming then you would think."

I can relate to that! It can take so long I don't even get a chance to play that day. :'( But, I have learned from past mistakes to write up what happened closer to the the time, so I don't lose something in the translation, so to speak. That's why I ended up posting so many updates on Saturday, lest I forget something crucial, like the song Collision and what it was about. :open_mouth:
  • Options
    @GalacticGal @DaniRose2143 @Metior_Ice
    I can relate as well. Everything takes me forever even though my posts are on the shorter side/under 1,000 words. I don't actually play the game that often, but I am months and months behind with my posts. I do like having some distance between when I play and when I post because I amuse myself by writing double meanings into everything and I can't do that unless I have an idea about what's going to happen after any given particular post, but I am still much farther behind than I would like to be.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    haneul wrote: »
    @GalacticGal @DaniRose2143 @Metior_Ice
    I can relate as well. Everything takes me forever even though my posts are on the shorter side/under 1,000 words. I don't actually play the game that often, but I am months and months behind with my posts. I do like having some distance between when I play and when I post because I amuse myself by writing double meanings into everything and I can't do that unless I have an idea about what's going to happen after any given particular post, but I am still much farther behind than I would like to be.

I ended up forgetting about three awards in an earlier iteration of Erik Cantrell had received. Luckily, I made sure (and still do) that he's wearing a different suit each time. I kept track of the song and the color of the suit, yet still missed writing them up! Left a gaping hole in the story, too. Oi! With all my note-taking, I still forgot Collision in this current iteration of Erik Cantrell. Seems nothing is foolproof. I am reminded that as writers we should keep index cards with pertinent information about our characters such as eye and hair color. Now, playing the Sims it isn't as crucial as in writing a book, but still mistakes can happen, and a character's eye color or even hair color can change way into the story! LOL This time, I managed to misspell Sandi's last name. It's Beeches, with two 'e's not Beaches. :open_mouth: (And, yes, I went back in and fixed it!)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    A Royal Wedding, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

When Brianna was a very little girl, her Vulcan Nanny, T’Pring, took her to the Vulcan Temple high on Mount Seleya. Along the way they passed through a small province where the Second Son of the House of Talek Sen Dene, owned the property, Keldene. She was enchanted by the small palace and was often tempted to do Remote Surveillance so she could see the interior. Her powers to project her mind were quite strong, hence her move to the Temple to be properly trained in the Way.

She never once believed she would ever get a chance to live in this small regal abode. Spock's ability to shield his thoughts from her were strong. He successfully kept her from knowing what he had planned as a surprise wedding gift and also, his status. Brianna was sad that Spock had declined to come to the Keg Party, only to learn shortly thereafter that he had slipped into a very painful phase of Pon Farr, known as the Time of Mating, in the Common tongue.

This happened to a Vulcan male ever seven years, or sooner, when in close proximity to his Mate. So, it was finally here. This meant their wedding was scheduled very quickly to take place early on Saturday morning.

“Are you all right?” she asked when Spock picked her up from the college campus, come Friday. He reached for her hand as they sat up front in the cab. She noticed it shook, a telltale sign, and feared he was very near the Blood Fever that could take his life if he didn’t mate, soon.

Sensing her fears, he nodded, “I do believe I have the strength to make it through a brief wedding ceremony tomorrow morning,” he said. “Have you sent out the invitations?
    “Yes, everybody was pleased to say they will attend.”

With the help of his aging parents, who brought a minimal staff with them, the backyard of the HoB version of Keldene was transformed. He was happy to bring a replica for his bride, knowing how she longed to live in the original, though not possible at this time.
    nnzzl4h.jpg
    ipv0Irg.jpg

Brianna hardly slept, curled up on the settee in the family room just off of the kitchen area. She could hear Spock milling about, having quiet conversations with his parents, with the staff and in general seeing to the details for the wedding.
    At the first light of dawn, the guests began to arrive.
    “Did you get adequate sleep?” Spock asked, as she found him in the small office.
    “I got enough. Just wanting to get on with things. I love you so much.”
    VvZ9438.jpg

Having lived on Vulcan, and learning the culture, the Cantrell family was sensitive to the critical nature of the speedy wedding, which hastened their arrival.
    eGvSCUZ.jpg

As the time drew near, the guests were ushered into the backyard for the ceremony. Unfortunately, it was a rather cold morning. Spock lit the outside fireplace in the hopes of making it more comfortable for his mostly human guests. The Vulcans withstood the extreme heat and it’s opposite cold, of their home planet, better than humans. Even Spock who was only half-Vulcan was better equipped.
    The call went out for everyone to gather at the aisle, which was problematic, at first. Laughable, really, since they had just gone through a formal wedding a short time ago.
    B9UJ4bV.jpg

Finally, to solve the problem the guests were asked to take their seats. This they did quickly, as Spock and Brianna stood in front of the Wedding Arch.
    jtuaPoA.jpg

When all was quiet, the couple began their vows.
    “As it was in the dawn of our days, as it is today, as it will be for all tomorrows, I take you, T’Bree, to be my wife. I shall comfort you and protect you. I shall shelter you and provide for you all of your life. With my body I honor you. With all that I am, I give my life to you.”
    o74o0VA.jpg
    UDdFgLU.jpg

“As it was in the dawn of our days, as it is today, as it will be for all tomorrows, I take you, Spock — to be — my husband.” For a moment, she seemed overcome with emotion, closing her eyes and swallowing a few times before she attempted to speak again. Spock tilted his head at her in sympathy.
    srW84B1.jpg

“Where you go, I shall go. Where you lodge, I shall lodge. For your people are my people. And your home shall by my home. With my body I honor you. With all that I am, I submit myself to you that we may be one.”
    GIruqNx.jpg

Then came the kiss to seal the deal, as Erik so often put it. Only, instead of a kiss, the two smacked their heads together.
    5C4gKqu.jpg

“Brianna-Kam, are you all right?:
    d123BE6.jpg

“I know I said I wanted a wedding much like my brother’s but this is taking it a bit too far,” she laughed.

The onlookers showed various reactions.
    ljKODoO.jpg

“Shall we try again?” Gently, Spock took her tiny hands in his.
    RCCm4A2.jpg

“It Is Done!” Sarek pronounced from his seat.
    KfR9aC2.jpg

Gathering on the back patio, the couple stood before the cake.
    m0lEcrj.jpg

“Be careful with that instrument, you don’t want to imitate Kayleigh.”
    4vp7QAR.jpg

“Sage words, but too late! Ow.”
    YO1DsRc.jpg

“Perhaps, a special license should be required before one utilizes such an instrument. Allow me to help you.”
    “Nice and easy,” she coaxed.
    I0oCLWz.jpg
    SwiA0Jc.jpg
    JH2eMZy.jpg

From there the guests went inside where it was toasty warm.
    tv3irI8.jpg
    eti4ijL.jpg

Finally, the First Dance.
    GuAEaD7.jpg
    6TvOCZj.jpg
    Lrnq1bM.jpg
    iPciIfG.jpg

Quietly, Ambassador Sarek escorted the guest out, so that the newlyweds could have their wedding night.

All for now!
    Post edited by GalacticGal on
  • Options
    @GalacticGal I loved that line “Perhaps, a special license should be required before one utilizes such an instrument.” It made me laugh.

@haneul the struggle is real. Took me hours to write my post. I couldn’t believe the time when I finished.
  • Options
    @GalacticGal @Metior_Ice
    I do a lot of my writing once I'm putting the screenshots down and getting them ordered. I have the outline of the larger story memorized, the 'script' for the episode, is just a note to myself on which sims I'm wanting to feature. I also have a rough idea whether I'm going to focus on personal lives, professional lives, or romance. I do jot down notes if they do something interesting that I hadn't thought to include, the gone rogue moments. I never write the dialogue ahead of time. I always wait until I paste everything in here then I'll look at the pictures again and write out the dialogue. Between edits, adding more text to the story it takes ages. The latest episode of my RomCom thread took something like 5 hours from getting screenshots ordered to hitting post comment. And just like @hanuel I believe I was under 1,000 words.
  • Options
    @haneul I love that Rachmaninoff piece <3 and the whole concerto too!
    Elmire is lucky to have parents who don't want to push her into the limelight too early. I guess they know what it can be like because of Aster?
    Adelise's wishes about improving her relationship are sweet, and maybe a little sad, given Asher's personality.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    @haneul I love that Rachmaninoff piece <3 and the whole concerto too!
    Elmire is lucky to have parents who don't want to push her into the limelight too early. I guess they know what it can be like because of Aster?
    Adelise's wishes about improving her relationship are sweet, and maybe a little sad, given Asher's personality.
    @mightysprite Thank you. I'm happy that someone else likes that concerto and I'm happy that you recall things about Aster. <3 Unfortunately, when Aster was a child, the family had fewer resources and was a lot more of a mess, so it was an accomplishment for Aster to just max out her childhood skills. She was not a child star even though she did acquire some fame as a teenager. I drag out my posts so it may seem like a lot of time has passed, but Elmire is a child within the "normal" childhood lifespan--she's maxed out the adult piano skill within a Sim week or so while still going to school, playing games with friends, and building her other skills. I've not had any Sim do that before, but Elmire's parents are highly skilled and that helped a lot.

Adelise's wishes are a little sad, but hopefully not too sad. Asher has potential, but I think he will never be thoughtful or kind or any sort of good Sim more than 80%ish of the time.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    @GalacticGal @Metior_Ice
    I do a lot of my writing once I'm putting the screenshots down and getting them ordered. I have the outline of the larger story memorized, the 'script' for the episode, is just a note to myself on which sims I'm wanting to feature. I also have a rough idea whether I'm going to focus on personal lives, professional lives, or romance. I do jot down notes if they do something interesting that I hadn't thought to include, the gone rogue moments. I never write the dialogue ahead of time. I always wait until I paste everything in here then I'll look at the pictures again and write out the dialogue. Between edits, adding more text to the story it takes ages. The latest episode of my RomCom thread took something like 5 hours from getting screenshots ordered to hitting post comment. And just like @hanuel I believe I was under 1,000 words.

@DaniRose2143 I sometimes have a wall of text and then other times the posts are shorter.

I take screenshots for an entire sim week before I normally update. So I have hundreds of pictures to edit before I start writing an update.

I often watch my sims closely, and I admit that I do very little to actually plan my next update. I’m telling my sims’ story and don’t completely control everything.

I set guidelines though.

——————

Some of my Outfit Guidelines
    Certain details like when and where merfolk are in their mer-attire are determined by the world.

The Realm of Magic, Newcrest, and Sulani are magic worlds, so I stick to mer-attire in those worlds.

Other worlds, my merfolk dress more like humans.

Merfolk attire does have rhyme or reason to it.

Mermen are almost always shirtless, commoner merfolk can wear the fishnet.

My reasoning has a lot to do with the extremely limited number of merman tops. There’s only one. And I have like 50 mermen.

Merfolk also actively seek places to swim, especially when their hydration need is their only need that decays quickly. They spend a lot of time in swimwear.

Merfolk only wear skirts in their mer-attire. Their pants wouldn’t survive the shape shifting from human form to merform. This also means that they only have skirts for swimwear.

I do use a cheat traits.equip trait_occultmermaid_mermaidform to toggle my merfolk’s merform.

Just because they are in human form, it doesn’t mean they can’t shape shift back into their natural form outside the water. I frequently have Dylan and Zeph use their merman form outside the water. For me, merfolk take a human form with magic.

The above is also why Dylan and Zeph have their merman attire in every outfit category and can often appear shirtless. Their top would transform with them. So, for continuity, I have it set up so that they wear the same thing in their merform that they wear in their human form.

I may have scenarios coming up where my merfolk find themselves accidentally shapeshifting into their merform. This mean having a human top and fins.
  • Options
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @GalacticGal @Metior_Ice

@DaniRose2143 I sometimes have a wall of text and then other times the posts are shorter.

I take screenshots for an entire sim week before I normally update. So I have hundreds of pictures to edit before I start writing an update.

I often watch my sims closely, and I admit that I do very little to actually plan my next update. I’m telling my sims’ story and don’t completely control everything.

I set guidelines though.

——————

Some of my Outfit Guidelines
    Certain details like when and where merfolk are in their mer-attire are determined by the world.

The Realm of Magic, Newcrest, and Sulani are magic worlds, so I stick to mer-attire in those worlds.

Other worlds, my merfolk dress more like humans.

Merfolk attire does have rhyme or reason to it.

Mermen are almost always shirtless, commoner merfolk can wear the fishnet.

My reasoning has a lot to do with the extremely limited number of merman tops. There’s only one.

Merfolk also actively seek places to swim, especially when their hydration need is their only need that decays quickly. They spend a lot of time in swimwear.

Merfolk only wear skirts in their mer-attire. Their pants wouldn’t survive the shape shifting from human form to merform. This also means that they only have skirts for swimwear.

I do use a cheat traits.equip trait_occultmermaid_mermaidform to toggle my merfolk’s merform.

Just because they are in human form, it doesn’t mean they can’t shape shift back into their natural form outside the water. I frequently have Dylan and Zeph use their merman form outside the water. For me, merfolk take a human form with magic.

The above is also why Dylan and Zeph have their merman attire in every outfit category and can often appear shirtless. Their top would transform with them. So, for continuity, I have it set up so that they wear the same thing in their merform that they wear in their human form.

I may have scenarios coming up where my merfolk find themselves accidentally shapeshifting into their merform. This mean having a human top and fins.

I'm pretty much the same with screenshots. I will have around a hundred or so that I take. I'll check them out as I upload them to my Imgur. From there I'll work it down to around 50 or 60. Then I'll narrow it down to 10-15 that make it into the story. I don't step in very often, I like to let them go about their lives. For the latest episode I did step in and arrange things so that two particular sims would at least cross paths. I let them handle every after that. As I go deeper into the story I will step back even more.
  • Options
    sarabeth2984sarabeth2984 Posts: 849 Member
    edited June 2022
    Hey everybody!!!
    Here’s whats’s been happening in my game!
    Harry
    I hung out with one of my vampire clans, the Morecombs.
    I dropped in on the family patriarch, the ancient vampire Harry Morecombe, to see what he and his immortal sorceress wife and their foster kids were up to. They live in a large coastal home in Brindleton Bay. 3aE378V.png
    Nothing much to note here. I just really like playing with the family. Harry and Maribelle are disgustingly romantic with each other all the time, as usual.
    azeeO0n.png
    Do some yoga together. 6cJTOiU.png
    Wrangling their 6 foster children ZICQDHT.png
    Keeping them all happily cared for. Most of their foster children are orphans. But a few were abandoned and neglected, with no parents in sight (my game likes to make random child-only households. But they have 2 that were troubled youth with behavioral issues. They have 4 teens, Lan, Maui, Leroy, and Maxwell. iTTosJh.png
    And 2 children (Jacoby and the most recent…er…I forgot his name. I’ll go with lil’ Timmy v6apcYU.png
    But mostly cleaning up after them all! ZlIvT4G.png
    In the meantime, Maribelle has been keeping up with her artwork VsSVwNf.png
    And Harry wrote another mystery novel ShwUpaR.png

Mermaids!!...Mermen?...Merfolk?
    Harry’s stepson Oscar, (Maribelle’s oldest child ) lives up the road. I’ve started playing him regularly because he’s a cool dude. Oscar is a merman that works as a marine biologist. He is married to Luna Villareal, who is a kindergarten teacher. He recently go a promotion. R6oQW3w.png
    They have one daughter together, Kelsey. Kelsey’s grades are awful. Oscar has been helping her with homework so she can get her grades up. So far so good! She’s up to a B. lfU6IUS.png
    They moved in with Oscar’s father Brennan after he offered them to live in his modest but comfortable home, when Luna was pregnant with Kelsey years ago. Brennan actually divorced Maribelle shortly after Oscar was born. He was quite the philanderer and didn’t want married life to drag him down. He had little to do with his son and left Maribelle to raise him on her own. Harry stepped up as a father figure once he came into Maribelle and Oscar’s life. eaCpXmY.png
    Brennan later regretted abandoning his son and wanted to resume family ties. He’s getting older and has no surviving family. Oscar had some misgivings but decided to give it a try. He and Luna were desperate for a better life with a baby on the way. So far it's worked out really well. Brennan is crazy for his only granddaughter and thinks she hung the moon. rA2RXRQ.png
    I think he probably does more parenting of her than her own parents. He listens to her prattle on about candy all the time. TriHRhA.png
    Brennan works as a fisherman and a deep sea free diver (he’s also a merman so why not!) He’s actually away at work a lot of the time.

Family Night Out? More Like a Disaster!

Oscar and Luna needed some family time with their daughter. It was Night Out on the Town too so discount foods and drinks at all bars and restaurants! Why not!? They decided to stop in on Luna’s brother Hugo’s dockside restaurant on the other side of town. JfFRGtx.png
    Horrible service. They put in an order and never got it. Literally waited hours. Luna will definitely be giving Hugo an earful. -I need to check on routing issues in this build…. BgTNEsB.png
    They got drinks and food at the bar instead. WF8aG7B.png

Brennan lands a Catch.
    Brennan is quite the Ladies’ Man and definitely non-committal. It's been awhile since he’s been on a serious date though. He’s recently downloaded the Simda Dating App and scheduled a blind date. Turns out his date is the mayor of Henford-On-Bagley, Lavinia Chopra. I highly approve of her Zily7iD.png
    Turns out they got along really really well. l6q1Hr9.png
    Brennan is quite taken with her. And I think vice versa too mpzEcWb.png
    Lavinia spent the night 9tO1Xnk.png
    Walk of Shame and everything lol RTMEUt4.png
    I can only think what must be going through Luna’s head right now because she witnessed it lol. Brennan has been going on and on about his new girlfriend. LDPl3KA.png
    I’ll be posting more tomorrow!
  • Options
    HillyBethHillyBeth Posts: 3,505 Member
    edited June 2022
    I got my better tower back this week and am so happy! It's been so long since my last update that Ben is now a young adult, in college, and engaged to be married! The young lady in question is named Haley Jarvis. She was born in my game two days after Ben. They've known each other since they were children. His sister is a teenager and both their parents(Ben and Ryanne's, as well as Haley's) are elders!

Selfies of Ryan and Katherine, Ben and Haley, and Ryanne <3

Ben and Haley
    52128225391_a10f2693cf_h.jpg

Ryanne
    52128464104_4e45df9b2d_h.jpg

Ryan and Katherine
    52128720045_ec13ffb005_h.jpg

Ben and Haley will marry next summer. Oh! Katherine won the lottery(my second time overall!) and the family's financial status has been increased(since then) to over $3 million!
    Origin ID
    HillyPlays
    P.A.C.E- Positive Attitude Changes Everything
  • Options
    @sarabeth2984 That was fun to read. The vampire casually fishing in the sun just made me laugh and I like their foster home. A little chaos is OK when you are helping so many kids :)

@haneul I forgot to respond to your comment about Miki and her parents. It involves a probable future plot point
    Jenna was actually right about Miki's true goals in life, as moms so often are. The mixology aspiration is the one that auto-generated when I brought Miki into the household as a young adult, and it requires getting to certain levels in the bartending career. I'm playing it as a sudden and intense interest that she picked up in college, but it won't be lifelong, even though right now Miki thinks it will be. Sports medicine really is her true passion. After she finishes the mixology aspiration I'm planning to have her change careers to doctor, either going back to university or entering the career at the bottom and working her way up.

• Options
    edited June 2022
    @mightysprite and @DaniRose2143 I have a very generalized idea of what I want to happen, but like both of you, I do give my Sims pretty much a free rein. Autonomy on FULL. LOL Sometimes they do go completely off-script, but then I just rein them back in a tad. Makes for some interesting story-telling. I once said, years ago, when I was blogging about my Pinstar's Legacy Challenge for the first time, that I let my Sims tell their story. I was just there to capture it and to provide 'motive' and emotions behind their actions. I'm pretty much still doing that.

I take photos of what's going on. Something that looks interesting that I will or won't use later. Once the gameplay is over, I do my best to write things up (when inspiration strikes) of my interpretation of what just happened so that I don't lose the main thread. I have Paint since I use Windows, and I will go through the Screenshots folder, taking the photos that best tells the story, cropping it or reducing the size, save as a jpg and scoot it into my imjur. That doesn't mean all photos are used in the story. Just the ones that fit the narrative. Writing can take time, but I use Office Libre on my gaming rig and have discovered I can add the img from imjur and simply copy and past to these forums from that. :) Then I save and make certain I have the correct image (sometimes I accidentally have the same one twice) and try to pick up the typos, etc. Once I'm satisfied I hit Post Comment. Even so, I have to go back upon occasion and fix the spelling error. Beaches, instead of Beeches. Oi!

@Metior_Ice Thanks, it just seemed like a Spock-ism to me. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top