Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Show me your Willow Creek!

Comments

• Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    @tatselk I'm happy you're enjoying it. It was really fun and challenging, and when time permits I want to do a lot more builds and renovations. I need to find time to thoroughly play test it and then I will put it up on the gallery. I did a few quick tests as I went but not a really thorough test. And I need to scan it and make sure there is no other cc besides Peacemaker's siding.

How are you doing with your build? Have you put it up on the gallery yet?
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    @JAL Thank you for the reminder. I'm headed off to bed shortly but when I get up in the morning I will do some play testing and then post it. I have been meaning to test it and forgot. Thank you.
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,841 Member
    @JAL It's done and uploaded. I have a thread started for it in Creative Corner.
  • Options
    Inspired by all the talk of NOLA I made my own build to fit Willow Creek. I have been missing an apartment building in town for my townies, and since I also hate to build outsides and roofs, I used one of the shells we see in the background of Willow Creek to make the basic structure, then changed things to my liking in decor. This was the finished result: Garden Essence Apartments:

AVvXsEgKxDp4yEj7I8qN4FUrPzHeKJu5tGWswLmS7-y5pLwRJFgnz9M3Qo0FioTolWt_-aLh-HGjGbmNWNwodphoPqyfpQdmkHaMy_IG3Voz9V-DdvUpIzYJWl-_lFzpMC4LDviJYAC9W-Af38Iqx4Ai3ILuwE11asaYTmfOomyygcwJMJN8odwWMcAYoV7BCQ=w640-h330

AVvXsEhNlZwuhWhlPJphNME1Cxn-wwcBc8ZjtoAx9kEncGYqSxEK-M8zdlmJQQXsTyiF5cJ6bi_QELfqAjDnRMq9vyoWOscC1ExP3PfyofCWf4-fIBUc5-PIcLScudTLYtaYaM_q_o3-nxNHoAD9CxgoA7D8xD11YfVjxK-Ipm9Qv1ssyiQeCcjhr4XGBD8AjA

The building was quite easy, just put down the shell from live edit, then draw walls and verandas where needed then remove the shell and change the house at will. As I think of Willow Creek as a bit more affluent, I felt the pool and kids toys in the back yard fitted well.

The house has three individual apartments, all three in two stories. Two of them have two bedrooms and one only one. Perfect for single parents, small couples of young couples who cannot afford a bigger house yet.

AVvXsEhesCTyZI9VqQ2CUQ2jfVcavKh0LgY5zN7zwwFUXXV1aFU0RV5eyqLVnDzz0BRTYDbYy2FXMLO9XIINQPC5mtZYdmsOzgxSV8VaXYtsw_tNlZYCXgnfDI_I-ExrW3UXzuaZ6m1SqAlYDoJuozA7xDjq0-FLR3aTBtqXqjfawGqvsA3Ahi6dQTx_OakFrQ=w640-h470

AVvXsEhawCk16zi7L9UZgv0tRXVZ7ol7ixvtEKmH76S8VmxQJ_lxKTckEt7BIp7NURfh2I8bI6rzHR9wrYK0y9c3aNSt5VAS-ZHitLDy9ylE9O3ApnM37gUupaGl7LyLjH2XZ9GIMn54TASNo5fsfyjdWxzs2db-eIITf-9bqxdSwBUxPKPhZXANdzniTsfthg=w640-h474

I built it in Garden Essence, but I'm not sure if I'll keep it there or move it to another part of Willow Creek later on. But for now it's called Garden Essence Apartments.
  • Options
    GoddessBylineGoddessByline Posts: 281 Member
    I'm late to the party, but this is my version of Willow Creek. The one I've played the longest...

p73iH9A.jpg
    I don't use CC so if you see something in a screenshot of mine, it's from the game.
    EA Account (Gallery) ID: BylineBelife
  • Options
    @GoddessByline There is no such thing as late to the party, I love seeing all the versions of the worlds out there, yours included. :)
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Here is my Willow Creek!

IElGRlO.png
  • Options
    @MilutinMujovic Wow, that was empty. Is it because you don't like the world or because you haven't decided what to do with it yet?

• Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    I'm late to the party, but this is my version of Willow Creek. The one I've played the longest...

p73iH9A.jpg

I'm tired of looking at EA's dull looking maps.
    Yours look awesome. Do they need to be updated every time there is a patch?
    I really want to get them.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    CK213 wrote: »

I also use Plumbob's maps and I haven't needed to update them yet.
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    @MilutinMujovic Wow, that was empty. Is it because you don't like the world or because you haven't decided what to do with it yet?

I want to put all coherent houses and lots, but I'm a terrible builder so it just stays like that... I prefer CAS and storytelling in The Sims.
  • Options
    CK213CK213 Posts: 20,529 Member
    JAL wrote: »
    CK213 wrote: »

I also use Plumbob's maps and I haven't needed to update them yet.

:D Love it!
    Willow_Creek2.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
    Henford-On-Bagley looks great too.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Once more, this forum gives me too much inspiration!

I thought I was more or less done with Willow Creek when I started this thread, then I got new inspiration and built some more. Then I started the Show me your Magnolia Promenade-thread, and was inspired some more about how to create offices. So of course I had to try. And of course I liked pretending that the work from home careers are actually done in an actual workplace and all of a sudden I need offices for all the work from home careers.

So much building from starting one (well two) threads.

After going to the "office" with my Social media sim, and building several other work places, I thought my Trend Setter needed somewhere to work, and obviously it needs to be above a fashion store, and so suddenly I'm removing the museum in Willow creek to build a mall instead by using the basic shells from base game as a model for how it might look. And here is the result:

I present Manicipal Muses Retail
    AVvXsEgljh6TyvzEam5GvsisAzBWuJ4R6VI1Lqq6ZBnxlJqQ-EB1KUIOi3qF8xV3_y-C06qimk6K55ae1--k7C-zleXCNsSND6xB-pkNMYTFmu9s1zFKTBApvd4lTXRsRc-DIyOBE3s4uSludvVBfS0EzcUe_PSHI_3prse4pi4wITh0mtKPfRJCiQGXbW7FiQ=w640-h364
    I wanted it through to the feel of Willow Creek, a bit NOLA inspired thanks to everyone here, and a bit high end, with a lively square with vendors so those tables on the promenade could actually get some use.
    AVvXsEhXUHKtnyK0eSstQcWFIAXAoZSu-_6uQkARkzlr7Uw2bmV_QCklIwKM5EQYSxLF0PnPW1jsOTFEDK-xdZDzMJZxPNkkNFMMsWBYHM3YUDRjBUEdpp2QjxzEnLfkt5azRGSADISWjH3bbxjQZG6zDblIYPjrxYE_HIdOJy2cjfF4lTv5uZm8GKo5j8_qkA=w640-h366

The shops obviously feature a clothing store (it had to given the office above), but also a flower shop, a nail salon (with LMS autoemployee-mod both that and the vendors actually work as intended) and a pharmacy for serums and medicine and crystals.
    AVvXsEjH7d0ydrga1hAjItzrEqFiqDbD3QObqCckLbMiOrTz4cftTQbYkDROFXMbUNvm2ZBildUwq1q7O3yTVROXj27q-E5CBDN_9Sm-Qb3Q8WgHQPq-anKrhBkI7x4SfYTMkXEXIUEtnZ7waDUnzWq-YtREgtUjPibuUkKqVkSXW_2Qrl--w32nMmsI7hUCKg=w640-h374

One tough I really like is the kiosk I manage to make. I have used Ravasheens retail mods to add things like fish and produce to the things sold, so that Anita can pick up some food on the way home:
    AVvXsEh2Qr3BndHSG9HEkEB7VsRIHipt4LOcDJPxMEtHl_dxzaVMYdFhuB20jdXxx5eaM0WHacg_Xqf6A2w6liCagwjvp1w83Yw5RzMgL0mKcFg7YJh0P1U9t5qm0UvhalEbZAPxMr-TYC-Ggc3BtpEF4zB-AjZHkfCqzqbjT11KUsPoNQ2bPa6Tj50YP_mf3g=w640-h450

I have built one other grocery store, but there is little reason for my sim to go there other than to buy food, and that means that I just don't. I hope this will be more useful.

Finally, there is the office, complete with a photostudio, dressing room, a table for meeting clients and an office to write blogposts and style guides:
    AVvXsEhwP9gRd_idXoZj0fWB6fw0FKRN4UIZf5bTLD1RZFWJTAhORDN8260V0pBmoBpIBG6h3i6oVxavh2fhkziSq9Y270WsurK046u_llwYwYpnBHPUYpyTxhHG0ECwaxMav9NjzWa-z8aEGUCxQZQ6vHJbKTN-F0lN38poW83xzFHl5zrn_IZEYeuI_lr-lg=w640-h340
    AVvXsEjzkGCNLApFVxYlegbw3uoOeuhIbpbgMs0IsC4YU6vzL2EWBGRu6kcPNkiTms2yTHq7aoVXZXjVekdGR9wQLgssp84XHMj8qBByHCAyGr2NlGr7xTzj_XAo3H5KYt61EAWZFvJ8geDyj1NHmYmQiRMOzGlhYOUr7eRh4Qo90gPZmjmzf2D0NWelMVFvQQ=w640-h350
    AVvXsEg21CvkjpW-q6WopowfKRVg-Qx_CBl4T6NDRYccgI5THwMptOaWOiZeLDoDRgivuc1azRdWab6e0QnCdRRp-SGpgbWGE2GLhUl_QFZbR71JZrIkMSAdulni5yj5F04m_Ny8oRPfnMJ9CqWYHnq8IEAXD95hdIV_DGJ_TzYPnIoKxsjaTbdvU9zfcZcjDg=w640-h354

Now I can't wait to bring Anita and her co-workers to work for the first time!
  • Options
    haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    4F6mKqn.png
    Not much has changed, but I just wanted to share my new Foundry Cove that I renovated a couple of weeks ago or so with new gallery finds :blush:

There's a small park with bunnies, grill and pee bush. I kept that green starter home and the lovely outdoor restaurant, but replaced the other starter home with a haunted house caravan (I already have plans who will live there at first :lol: ) and then I combined two lots from the gallery and now I have a park and a secret hang out for kids. I'm still happy how it turned out.

I think I'd like my Willow Creek to be kind of a somewhat magical place. I have the style in mind but it is hard to put it into words and also hard to find lots that would be useful for it.
  • Options
    catmando830catmando830 Posts: 9,117 Member
    haisin wrote: »
    4F6mKqn.png
    Not much has changed, but I just wanted to share my new Foundry Cove that I renovated a couple of weeks ago or so with new gallery finds :blush:

There's a small park with bunnies, grill and pee bush. I kept that green starter home and the lovely outdoor restaurant, but replaced the other starter home with a haunted house caravan (I already have plans who will live there at first :lol: ) and then I combined two lots from the gallery and now I have a park and a secret hang out for kids. I'm still happy how it turned out.

I think I'd like my Willow Creek to be kind of a somewhat magical place. I have the style in mind but it is hard to put it into words and also hard to find lots that would be useful for it.

The house (or building) on stilts in what is/or used to be the park - did you make that or get it from the gallery.. Either wat, do you have the link to it in the gallery?
  • Options
    SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I hope you don't mind me bumping this thread JAL :blush: These show-and-tell threads are great. It's always inspiring to see how others have customized their worlds.

Now that I'm just a smidge better at building it's really inspired me to backtrack. Starting with Willow Creek community lots and keeping with the New Orleans theme. I either reno an existing EA build or bulldoze to rebuild. Nothing beats looking down at a row of lots you built yourself.😍

Crawdad Quarter
    Municipal Muses Museum
    I couldn't figure out what to do with this lot. I thought about a Wedding Venue but I honestly hate weddings and I've already built one in Oasis Springs. Then I found someone through Google Images who turned the other half of the museum into a cemetery. Perfect idea! The platforms can be used for urns.
    CpSorCx.png
    kn6hri0.png
    ZAS5wzv.png
    0vyOrVe.png
    The Blue Velvet Nightclub
    sGJq2K5.png
    tGKRDdO.png
    1LtxxAC.png
    LFNTAuf.png
    Movers & Shakers Gym
    vajtQ4I.png
    4usuoE6.png
    This is a Gym lot type so the café section doesn't automatically hire a barista.
    0IcZbMC.png
    h9uB2xw.png
    Willow Creek Archive Library
    rNdWNr3.png
    ZXAY3ZK.png
    fpR4buQ.png
    zqkSTp1.png
    The small "attic" up top has a séance table just for fun.
    47G6YKG.png

Magnolia Blossom Park
    The building is meant to mimic the San Sequoia: Gilbert Gardens shell... Turned into a functional community greenhouse.
    9wtmYBQ.png
    The community greenhouse has all plants needed for grafting.
    0eB3heU.png

Now to gather the courage to start my own builds thread over in the Creative Corner: Lots section. I've slowly started sharing to the Gallery.
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • Options
    Of course I don't mind! I love seeing everyone's build, and yours are beautiful! So well done. I have my botanical garden in San My, and have settled for a café in the old toilet building (which I find quite beautiful). I really love your outdoor space to the blue velvet night club.
  • Options
    @JAL That botanical garden of yours is gorgeous. It's been years since City Living came out and I never knew of that large lot until I started rebuilding SM. I feel silly but I have no clue what you mean by "old toilet building" if you don't mind sharing. lol
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,960 Member
    edited May 2023
    there has been some changes since my last input
    not huge ones though (yet) just lots of thinking I guess :lol:

eGXZXv5.png

I couldn't get into Pendula view much cause well, Lothario.
    but I am thinking of somewhere between RoM and the original Queen Anne thing

with the commercial area I added ''bank'' and ''court'' from which court is still empty rip and banks just so so
    I'm not sure what other lots there should be but I think maybe art gallery
    cause theres lots of painters in this dang neighborhood now that I look at it

and I flipped park and house lot for Courtyard Lane

now I am next looking to be inspired to build the original park into festival grounds

and the other empty big lot maybe into graveyard
    which actually I might build something more Goth for the house up there too
    if I can find new house for Spencer Kim Lewis elsewhere

or maybe it will just be spooky colonial I guess hmm dunno.
    something suitable for living next to a huge graveyard

oh yes and I do still have some of them very empty inside so I haven't shared any of it to gallery welp
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    SimplyJen wrote: »
    @JAL That botanical garden of yours is gorgeous. It's been years since City Living came out and I never knew of that large lot until I started rebuilding SM. I feel silly but I have no clue what you mean by "old toilet building" if you don't mind sharing. lol

Thank you so much! I'm really happy with it though I took a lot of inspiration from other builds I had seen on the gallery before I finally made my own version when the greenhouse pack came out. And I can see how my comment was confusing, I meant the toilet building in Magnolia park in Willow Creek, which I turned into a small café in my version of the park.
    Simmingal wrote: »
    there has been some changes since my last input not huge ones though (yet) just lots of thinking I guess :lol:

Thinking is good! Sometimes it takes time to get it right. I keep going back and changing mine too, though now I believe I have gotten a good version of it. I might just post my latest here soon to show off the changes.
  • Options
    edited May 2023
    So I just needed to see how much my Willow Creek has changed since I started this thread and this is my first picture of the Willow Creek I thought I was more or less done with:

AVvXsEgJ2oXcMVOW8LhH6o8VyZatXwE4_QHnMjgwnGlJQ4I5ypb6ppbMxyx7fS5HJSczbWAMs1fohxBM6KfT65QHYAFenDedWuhMwoz-crWAoa1HnrzrLN4G_qXa8QZcAuotYXDShpX3PCjFy8SP6rO8wtfKEoFZGBoRF9Y58km7bARgdC8YPrxt-YQlLdeY3w=s16000

This, on the other hand, is what my Willow Creek looks like now:
    AVvXsEhIrvlZ6v6VqLEjAnfoUEygNehCp14NLN0KsVOjCffefAepGJjvZlxdSe8YexdvNzUF7diE6c6ZLGDJk-8HPowLdV50R6y514RKpDlhL0Oq4B33qYpVixo7NvzUOqEJGchkccYe_H8FXbMoa8qvFwkHEur4MwKRjGyPjWlNcNUxgpMVoGCJIoovP2VS_g=s16000

Thanks to this thread I'm much more inspired by the NOLA look, and since I never used the museum it is now a mall that I use quite a bit. I remade the nightclub to a jazz bar (seemed to fit). The oaksted is changed into a wedding venue, the gym removed and the the library is a youth centre, and I have thought about turning it into a rec centre, but I'm not sure if that will draw too many old people and families, as I have no wish for either at the lot but want it to be a teen hang out more than anything. Unfortunately club-gatherings aren't allowed for generic lots, which is annoying.
  • Options
    MrManyIdeasMrManyIdeas Posts: 203 Member
    Very nice thread! Interesting to see all the different ideas. :) (My versions of Willow Creek is very standard...).
  • Options
    @JAL ah that makes sense! That's a very creative use for it.
    Sometimes I feel guilty getting inspiration from others instead of my own ideas but I have to remind myself that we all do it. There's a fine line between being inspired/giving credit vs outright stealing.

@Simmingal I'm curious which lot type the court lot will function as. I love the bank idea. I built one with a basement for money vaults last year placed in Magnolia Promenade.
  • Options
    mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,882 Member
    Looks lovely @JAL !
    What about a park lot type for the youth center? Parks attract lots of teens, and you can use it for club gatherings.
  • Options
    SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,127 Member
    I actually have a Stonehenge Outdoor Lounge in Willow Creek in my Ancient Times Game Save.
    It's saved in the Gallery under my username SEREFRAS for any simmer to see. ;)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top