Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Parenthood refresh brainstorm!

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,114 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
(with or without pre-teens)

Write only five potential new features and three enhanced features already in the pack! Mines are:

New features:
  1. Mildlife crisis: will trigger depending of the size of the household. Only on adult Sims and parents can trigger this crisis more often.
  2. Small microscopes: like the small telescopes from Werewolves GP, Sims can now have small microscopes. Children and teen Sims can use it to have extra credit easier in both projects and homeworks. However, unlike telescopes, small microscopes will be a GP exclusive feature.
  3. First love for childrens: a silly and innocent "love" interactions between childrens. It will trigger new interactions if the love grown up to teenaging.
  4. Treehouse building: a parent-son/daughter project, an special tree will be available to build and upgrade a treehouse. Sims from children to young adult can have fun in the treehouse. Also as a new woohoo/make a mess spot for teens and adults Sims
  5. Acne and sneak out for teens: two features while the teen Sim is growing up

Enhanced features:
  1. New school projects: generator windmill (if Eco Lifestyle is installed, Sims can power a single room with this project), carton telescope (now with the BG update with Werewolves GP) and ant farm. If Seasons is installed, Sims can also craft a homemade beehive as a project.
  2. Teens chores: depending the pack installed or which of the following chores is enabled: dog walk, gardening, laundry, vacuuming, rake leaves or future packs/BG/kits chores (lawn mowing or pool cleaning, for example), children and teens can earn some money offering their services to the neighborhoods (rabbit hole though unless you can call thems from your lot) but also as a chore for the lot. Parents can assign children and teen Sims specific chores, increasing responsability.
  3. Phone grounded: children and teen Sims can now be grounded by their parents disabling their phones or using passwords for computers for a certain time.

Also, as always, updates for BG:

BG updates:
  • Parent and sons/daughters can repair/upgrade together: enabling the mechanic skill for childrens. Childrens with the mechanic skill enabled during a repair or upgrade with their parents, will level up the mechanic skill easier durning their lifes.
  • Pet destroy/eat homework or project: If Cats & Dogs is installed and if Sims doesn't care about leaving their projects or homeworks outside their inventories, dogs or cats could destroy or eat those.
Post edited by Mak27 on

Comments

• Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    What I would like is in Sims at a certain time around 8 at night when kids not kids would be over the parents would pick them up and they would I loved that feature and I think it should be brought back.
    Preteens life stages because imo it should've been there in the first place.

Teens sneaking out I'd say during a school night would be okay on the weekends nah but sneaking out during school and get caught by the curfew police would be a great addition.

Since we have more emotions I want parents to be excited about their kids but also when they do wrong be disappointed in their kids and the kids either feel sad that their parents are disappointed or happy when the parents are excited or they can be eh with either.
  • Options
    Reallysoawkward23Reallysoawkward23 Posts: 175 Member
    I'd love the midlife crisis and teen (and child) chores. Perhaps you could set chores using that message board where you set the curfew and then kids will autonomously do them. Personally, I think a refresh would be a great time to make it possible for toddlers to use activity tables (they could just do scribbles) and to add a couple of new toys, like a rocking horse usable by both toddlers and children and toy kitchen (like the IKEA toy kitchen).
  • Options
    jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I'd love something for teens, maybe proms and stuff. Or first crush, first walk, first dance, first whatever.
  • Options
    You know what else I would think is good giving kids and Teens allowances like they clean house good grades they get good allowances if they do nothing and bad grades no allowances.
  • Options
    But also I made a thread on this but I would like separate Simoleon Account like a teen has a job and save up for college, a car, or house. Same thing with Adults they can save money for kids college or vacation.