Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What are some trivial things that annoy you?

Comments

• Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    edited June 2022
    Constant job offers because of your reputation when you're already at the top of your career and have no intention to quit. Like, sure, nice to have opportunities but I wish you could give these a cooldown :|. I think I have only accepted an offer once because it fit so well with that particular sim's story.
  • Options
    ArzekialArzekial Posts: 665 Member
    The adventurous trait. For some reason every sim I give this trait to has difficulty completing tasks. They'll stop in the middle of things I have them do to do something else.
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    The Charm family. Why do they exist?
    Lol. Thanks for my morning laugh 😄

I think its for the same reason as the Vatores....makeover practice!

See, I've tried. I've done everything I can to that family. New clothing, new faces, new traits. In the end I yeeted them into the void and replaced them with a much cooler gallery family of spellcasters.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    Constant ”I heard you became friends with” texts.

I probably said same thing before but feel like if I repeat it enough, they’ll get removed.

Seriously.
    I haven’t played now for over a week cause of one of those texts. Probably a personal issue but it annoys me to the point of rage quitting. And removes my mood to play cause I’m so frustrated. I end up with a sim who’s a loner all the time cause I’m afraid to speak to other sims and become friends with them cause I don’t want those texts.

They don’t bring anything to the game imo and are just stalker creepy.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options

I probably said same thing before but feel like if I repeat it enough, they’ll get removed.

Seriously.
    I haven’t played now for over a week cause of one of those texts. Probably a personal issue but it annoys me to the point of rage quitting. And removes my mood to play cause I’m so frustrated. I end up with a sim who’s a loner all the time cause I’m afraid to speak to other sims and become friends with them cause I don’t want those texts.

I wish I could give this more likes. It is extremely annoying. Especially when I get an invite somewhere and before I get to respond another pop-up - "Hey! I heard you became friends with Simmy McSimface!" .... :|:#:s *throws computer out window*
  • Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,843 Member
    Arzekial wrote: »

Seriously.

I wish I could give this more likes. It is extremely annoying. Especially when I get an invite somewhere and before I get to respond another pop-up - "Hey! I heard you became friends with Simmy McSimface!" .... :|:#:s *throws computer out window*

It jumps from annoying to creepy when the text comes from a toddler or child. Like, how do they know this random adult that their own parents have never met? <shiver>

• Options
    simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,398 Member
    Sims getting along immediately after arguing/fighting.

I consider this non-trivial!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Options
    HopeyStarrHopeyStarr Posts: 1,276 Member
    When you tell your sim to pick up a toddler they will hold them for a few seconds before putting them down again. I always have to pause the game and instruct the sim to walk somewhere so they don't leave the toddler behind. I wish the pick up option had a longer cool down or something.
    R5PO75w.gif?1
    *:.。."It's great being ((Queen Bee))!".。.:*
    ★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★・・・・・・★
    ✧ :-"As long as I continue to believe then one day my ((dreams)) really will come true."✧ :-
  • Options

Seriously.

It jumps from annoying to creepy when the text comes from a toddler or child. Like, how do they know this random adult that their own parents have never met? <shiver>

Yeah, I agree. It's also disappointing because sometimes I'll be really immersed in the world and the story my sims are playing out, then things like that happen and spoil it. Then I'm reminded this is actually a cartoon simulator.
  • Options
    It irritates me, but I can get past it without breaking my immersion, until the creepy toddler/kid thing happens. I'm wishing now I hadn't brought it up because I'm getting full body shivers thinking about how creepy and revolting those are.
  • Options
    QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member

Seriously.

Yeah, I agree. It's also disappointing because sometimes I'll be really immersed in the world and the story my sims are playing out, then things like that happen and spoil it. Then I'm reminded this is actually a cartoon simulator.

Idk why but I suddenly started daydreaming of a sims vr world and having all you awesome people as neighbours.

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • Options
    viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member

Seriously.

Or a random bartender my sim spoke to once texting to say 'hey I heard you became friends with your toddler'.
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    @viola-illyria Thank god I've never had one like that, but knowing the rest of what is said....🤢
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Options
    edited June 2022

Seriously.

Idk why but I suddenly started daydreaming of a sims vr world and having all you awesome people as neighbours.

That could be pretty cool. Wouldn't the world need to be really detailed for a Sims VR though? Seems like it would.
  • Options
    When you exit first person camera mode and your sim is momentarily headless. It never fails to make me jump.
  • Options
    Felicity1169Felicity1169 Posts: 592 Member
    The game randomly filling premade sims to jobs instead of randomly generated townies. Grand vampire Vladislaus Straud should not be running a food truck in the middle of the day but there he is.
  • Options
    The game randomly filling premade sims to jobs instead of randomly generated townies. Grand vampire Vladislaus Straud should not be running a food truck in the middle of the day but there he is.

In all fairness, Vlad mixes one mean Dim and Gusty, or so my sims tell me.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    Am I the only one who often has trouble finding their own mouse cursor among the snow flakes of a sim snow storm?
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    ChadKyleChadKyle Posts: 1 New Member
    The whole relationship thing. NPC's will flirt with my sim once he's warmed them up a little, he flirts back and BAM! Talk to the hand. And then annoyance number two. They get embarrassed too easily. C'mon, the lady shuts it down and he feels like he needs to hide somewhere?
  • Options
    The way sims trickle into venues one at a time is really annoying now. Not sure when they changed this but before a bunch of sims would all show up at once. Now my sim shows up to a bar/gym/nightclub and they are always the first ones there and by the time the places are full it's time for my sim to leave. I know it looked silly before, having all the sims arrive in a big huddle, but at least they were there.
  • Options
    JustMeAlbJustMeAlb Posts: 371 Member
    The way many "masterpiece" paintings are actually worth less than other works, you get the additional Confidence moodlets obstructing the Inspired mood you want for less Simoleans.
    The cake is a lie
  • Options
    motdkmotdk Posts: 208 Member
    No family gameplay or more family interactions with gameplay.
  • Options
    KbobsterKbobster Posts: 157 Member
    How only the single beds are cute on sims 4. And by the single beds, I mean that 1 wicker bed. That's it.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited June 2022
    dogzdinner wrote: »
    The Charm family. Why do they exist?
    Lol. Thanks for my morning laugh 😄

I think its for the same reason as the Vatores....makeover practice!

My sim somehow got a pristine reputation and her 'reward' for this is sims constantly pestering her, waving at her and generally invading her personal space despite her having no fame whatsoever. I get it...she's a nice person, now leave her alone!

My two main mermen both have pristine reputations and they both get pestered and have sims invade their space…. Especially when they are on dates…

Seriously.

Remember when babies sent these texts… I think I saw it somewhere but can’t remember where. It’s one of those things that I wish I took a screenshot of but didn’t.

Edit: After reading some of the replies, I admit that this gets creepy really fast.
  • Options
    Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    And now that it has been mentioned, it makes me very worried for my toddlers in my save because I have gotten these texts from random townies my sim hasn’t met regarding their friendship with their child.

My only relief is that these same townies are also putting their fingers in electrical outlets and zapping themselves to death. I have the settings set up to allow accidental deaths for non-played households. If they are townies, they drop like flies.