Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Pool tables will be included with High School pack and also as a BG update?

Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
edited June 2022 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Just that. Thinking in the telescope BG update, High School EP should include a pool table for BG and other one exclusive for the pack. Then future packs can include either a new telescope and/or a new pool table.

Pool tables will be included with High School pack and also as a BG update? 18 votes

Yes, like telescopes with Werewolves GP
27%
BabykittyjadeFreezerBunnyCowplantPatriceMak27Tawk 5 votes
No, 2023 for sure
11%
NushkaEternalSunshine 2 votes
I don't care
61%
crocobauraPlayerSinger2010TheGreatGorlonFinvolaCynel1EnkiSchmidtSERVERFRALady_BalloraSeashoreLiviajpsulsuldagdagmeltedsprite 11 votes

Comments

• Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    I don't know I'm hopeful for a bigger update like Preteens maybe have a patch.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    I don’t know a lot of teens who play pool, to be honest.
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    When I was a teen, we had a pool table. It was great!
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    I hope we will get a basic version in base game like in Sims 2 like this one
    MTS_riotmaker-303129-Pooltable.JPG
    And another variant/ more variants in High School EP like these
    St.-George-1030x533.png
    70345-Brunswick-Centennial-Rosewood-chrom-pool-table-9ft.jpg
    a256aFi.gif
  • FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited June 2022
    cyncie wrote: »
    I don’t know a lot of teens who play pool, to be honest.

We have pool tables at our high school in the community room.
    rasson-pro-victory-pool-table-03.jpg

And there always were pool tables in education themed EPs, like Sims 2 University and Sims 3 University

a256aFi.gif
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    I love the idea of a pool table and I think it would be great if they brought a version to the basegame. That being said I don't think it fits the theme of a high school pack.
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    MichelleW wrote: »
    I love the idea of a pool table and I think it would be great if they brought a version to the basegame. That being said I don't think it fits the theme of a high school pack.

Maybe as a off topic, many during our teenage yeatrs (I'm 32) played billiard after school.

Also, if pool table is more a "mature" thing, why wasn't included with Discover University?
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    No, 2023 for sure
    Table tennis is still exclusive to DU so I doubt they'll add a pool table to BG assets. Honestly, I'd rather the BG update is a desktop microscope and a countertop cupcake machine.
    Happy simming!
  • Mak27Mak27 Posts: 1,111 Member
    Nushka wrote: »
    Table tennis is still exclusive to DU so I doubt they'll add a pool table to BG assets. Honestly, I'd rather the BG update is a desktop microscope and a countertop cupcake machine.

In TS1 it was a BG item. Then in TS2 and TS3 a pack exclusive item. BUT, with the bunk beds update, you can find now more bunk beds in other packs released after the update.

So, only if EA could release all the possible pool tables in a single pack, fine. But if future DLC pool tables could be inclued, at least one BG pool table must be included. Otherwise, I wish to have other laundry machines items variations.
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Don't get me wrong I'd love a pool table one of my most wanted objects but I don't see it fitting in with a high school theme. A pool table should have been in a pack like Get Together or patched in the base game since bars were a base game feature
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    I don't care
    I super love Sims 4 but honestly, after MWS, I'm just not getting excited in future packs anymore. And frankly, I don't like a High School EP, I'd rather make them do Generations or maybe refresh the Parenthood pack or something.
  • NushkaNushka Posts: 380 Member
    No, 2023 for sure
    Mak27 wrote: »
    Nushka wrote: »

In TS1 it was a BG item. Then in TS2 and TS3 a pack exclusive item. BUT, with the bunk beds update, you can find now more bunk beds in other packs released after the update.

So, only if EA could release all the possible pool tables in a single pack, fine. But if future DLC pool tables could be inclued, at least one BG pool table must be included. Otherwise, I wish to have other laundry machines items variations.

Hot tubs were BG in TS1-3, we only got one BG hot tub with the 20th anniversary update. Don't get me wrong, I'd love a pool table but I don't think EA will add a BG one.
    Happy simming!
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    I love pool tables in 2 and 3, but they don't strike me as having much to do with high school kids either. The billiards places where I live will allow players as young as I think 14? Maybe 13? Not sure, but on any given night, university students or post-high school young adults are about the youngest in the crowd.

As unpopular as Foosball is where I live, I always felt disappointed that it was in sims4, but pool wasn't, though. You almost never find a Foosball table anywhere, and when you do, it gathers dust primarily. People go past and give the rods a spin, but I have never witnessed anyone actually play it in front of me.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
  • EnyuEnyu Posts: 17 Member
    My old high school was never cool enough to have a pool table.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited June 2022
    I 1000% want Pool tables! Have ever since the release of TS4 (only version that has NOT included them, go figure like a lot of other things!)

But, I don't expect them to be included in a High School pack or the update before that (IF that really is the next EP).

They made more sense to have been included in City Living or Get Together.