Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Family orientated 100 baby challenge

mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
I very much enjoyed doing the 100 baby challenge a while back. I did however battle a bit with the idea of all the different men being used to have the babies. I am very much a family person in real life and in my gameplay. So last night I thought of a new challenge to do, similar but a few more rules and more family orientated. I know it will not be as much fun genetic wise, because you will have the same two parents throughout the challenge, but it will still be interesting. This one will be easier and go quicker as well, so it does not drag out for months even years for some players. So here are the rules.

You need a freshly made couple, one must be able to fall pregnant and one must be able to make another sim pregnant.
They need to have a married relationship from the start.

No money cheats, only make money with crafts at home for eg painting. No one is allowed to get a job.
No lot traits that will let you have twins or the use of any of the lifetime point traits and rewards.
If you have spa day, no fertility massages, if you get twins it must be the game giving you them.
No tv or radio to enhance chances of twins.
No cheats except for resetsim when required due to sim crashing or stuck.

Here is the aging up rules (easy to make this fun)

Babies can age up after 3 days (duration of pregnancy) (one baby at a time unless game gives you twins)

Infants can be aged up once they complete the milestones in the spoiler screenshot below.
s7oJkTv.png

Toddlers age up when they have three skill points in each skill.

Children age up when they are top student with A

Teens age up when they are top student with A

Once a young adult your kids can stay for a while and help out if they want too, or move out immediately.

Main rule to make this work. Play with Aging off. Infants, toddlers, kids, and teens get aged up with cake only.
Most important rule. Please have fun, if the above rules are too hard, then adjust it for yourself if you want too.

I am excited to share my adventures with you while doing this challenge. Please feel free to join in if you want to attempt it with me. I am going to load my game now and start, happy simming to you all <3
Post edited by mcrudd on

Comments

• mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    Introducing Ann and Ben Atkins <3
    oLhRGx2.png
    Ben and Ann live in Tartosa, they have $3336.
    They have a small house but will build it up as they go on.
    Time to get started <3

zMPqgOq.png
    GKCxFVY.png

• Dinkus83Dinkus83 Posts: 127 Member
    Wow that’s perfect timing! I had joined in your last 100 baby thread and then stopped playing Sims for a while, cuz I had a lot of other things going on. Got back into some Sims time the last few days and played a couple of the newer scenarios to check them out. Time to check back in on the 100 baby challenge to see that you’d finished and I missed it! Congrats on that one! And then I see you just posted a new one!!

I did something like this a couple years ago, not planned, it just happened lol, and I that couple just had 15ish kids. But, I had fun with it, so I’d be down to join on this one too :)

I probably still need to up my post count before I can share pics, but I’m gonna start up a new game and make this couple!
    Hi there @Dinkus83 :) That would be so super AweSim if you can join in, I have been a bit ill today so is only loading my game now. Ann is about to pop soon and she and Ben have been painting up a storm so I can get better furniture for them so they can stop complaining about back aches and uneven fridge tasting foods.

@all will update you as soon as the little nooboo arrives <3
    Introducing baby number 1.
    Carly Atkins <3

7skqAYe.png
    lxvzo2e.png
    Ann is now pregnant with baby number 2. Little Carly will age up when Ann starts her third trimester :)
    Carly aged up to a little toddler <3
    moM6Qmz.png
    Carly is a cutie!

I made my couple last night, but that’s as far as I made it before I was too tired and had to go to bed lol. (I had a long day yesterday.) I’ll load them into my gallery when I get to start playing later today.

I play on console, so I won’t post pics quite as often. But, I checked it out last night and I do still need a few more posts before I can put pics up anyway.
  • TinaplayssimsTinaplayssims Posts: 10 New Member
    This sounds like fun….I think I will join you but have on long lifespan and see how many generations it takes to get to 100 babies….
    Dinkus83 wrote: »
    Carly is a cutie!

I made my couple last night, but that’s as far as I made it before I was too tired and had to go to bed lol. (I had a long day yesterday.) I’ll load them into my gallery when I get to start playing later today.

I play on console, so I won’t post pics quite as often. But, I checked it out last night and I do still need a few more posts before I can put pics up anyway.

Thanks so much. If you want too, you can post the links and I can repost them to show the pics, otherwise just keep on commenting and I will like your posts ;) So glad you are joining in, this will be more fun as I am enjoying it more this time round.
    This sounds like fun….I think I will join you but have on long lifespan and see how many generations it takes to get to 100 babies….

That sounds like a very interesting way to play it too @Tinaplayssims , very happy you are joining in, can't wait to hear of your adventures

@all, going to load my game now, Ann is about to pop again. Gonna start working on Carly's skills as well :)
    Introducing baby number 2
    Debby Atkins <3

O6Viiuk.png
    2YUbIl7.png
    I did load up the game for a few minutes earlier and added my couple to my gallery, but I won't have time to play until later tonight. (I'm in the US, and iirc you are across the world from me lol.) But, I can tell y'all about my couple now and their story :)

Eva and Dean Archer are pretty different. She is a genius; he is a creative type. She is a geek; he is a bro. But, they met at a concert and got close through their shared love of music. After learning more about each other, they fell in love. Both of them grew up without much in the way of family and always dreamed of having a huge family one day. After getting married and while trying to decide where to begin their lives together, they learned of a new town development called Newcrest that had been put on hold when there was an economic downturn. There are plots of land there for dirt cheap and they envisioned a community where their whole family could stay nearby. The only thing built in the town before the project shut down was a large park area, the rest is just graded land as far as the eye can see. There are other towns near enough for shopping and anything else they may need. They decided to snap up a piece of property there while they could. He packed his easel and she packed her laptop and they set off to begin their story!

*I've always wanted to do a Sim story in Newcrest, filling up all the empty lots there and thought this would be a great opportunity for it. I plan for them to start on an empty lot (except for the easel and laptop) and have them work to build it up. And I can add houses in town as there are children who need to move out. Adding the park lot from the start so that there will be something around for them to go to without traveling away all the time. I always find it handy when there are jungle gyms nearby for the kids to run off and play at for a while.

Anyways, I'm off to clean up the kitchen a bit from dinner and I'll make some progress with my family tonight :)
    @Dinkus83 what an interesting story <3 and what an AweSim idea to use New Crest to put your family and future children. I might put the game off for a while to clean as well, I am in New Zealand, its 5 June just after 1pm here now.

@all Carly has at least one skill point in all her skills some of them two. I also decided that I will only have one child per life state to make furnishing easier and less in the house. It might take a bit longer, but gameplay will be more manageable ;)
    @all loading my game now, sorry got stuck playing several games of Monopoly deal with the kids :) If I remember correctly Carly only needs a few more skill points to age up. Ann is not pregnant yet, I am waiting a day or two after the birth of Debby so that it gives Carly time to finish those last few skill points.
    Carly aged up <3
    SmsRffY.png
    @mcrudd You’re off to a good start!

Eva & Dean had an interesting first few days in Newcrest. It rains there like every day apparently lol. They are pregnant with their first. I did get a few good screenshots, haven’t uploaded them yet. I’ll add some in here in a few days :)
    @mcrudd You’re off to a good start!

Eva & Dean had an interesting first few days in Newcrest. It rains there like every day apparently lol. They are pregnant with their first. I did get a few good screenshots, haven’t uploaded them yet. I’ll add some in here in a few days :)

Thank you, the weather here is ridiculously rainy so lots of simming time. @Dinkus83 I have noticed that Newcrest seems to get the weather in tenfold, even winters are really snowy.

@All
    Debby has aged up <3
    05U0giP.png
    > @mcrudd said:
    > Thank you, the weather here is ridiculously rainy so lots of simming time. @Dinkus83 I have noticed that Newcrest seems to get the weather in tenfold, even winters are really snowy.

Yeah, it has been pretty nonstop. It’s been a while since I played in Newcrest, so I guess I forgot that bit lol.

I get extra simming time this evening too, but just bc we don’t have anything else going on :)
    The Archer’s had baby Aliyah late Friday night, so the rush is on to get their space more livable for a toddler before she ages up.
    Yeah, it has been pretty nonstop. It’s been a while since I played in Newcrest, so I guess I forgot that bit lol.

I get extra simming time this evening too, but just bc we don’t have anything else going on :)
    The Archer’s had baby Aliyah late Friday night, so the rush is on to get their space more livable for a toddler before she ages up.

Aww welcome little Aliyah <3

Baby number 3 is also a little girl.
    Introducing Emma Atkins <3

LImjt9v.png
    hIlUGCv.png
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    I've also started doing this as well.

Going to have them wait until the toddlers get all of their skills maxed to age them, though, instead of just 3. And I may occasionally do something like all child aspirations at times - I'd likely hold off on more kids for a bit to do that, though, and space some out. Maybe even do a few runs where I have them aim for specific character traits as well - the ones they earn from doing things (or not doing things).

I am going to be blogging my story, but I'll share a couple of pictures here.

My founding couple, SM and Korea Idol. SM is the male, Korea is the female.

89V9OCF.png

Their house at is currently:

VpaY0ss.png

Korea is currently pregnant with their first child!
    @mcrudd
    Welcome to baby Emma!

@Seera1024
    Glad to have another family to follow! If you link your blog, I’ll check it out later :)

@all
    I also plan to max toddler skills, and have them finish their child aspiration. I play families a lot, so I can usually get them done quickly :)

Eva didn’t waste any time begging for another baby. By Saturday night she’d convinced Dean, so she is pregnant again.
    @Seera1024 Welcome to our thread :) Lovely to meet SM and Korea and congratulations to Korea for being pregnant :) I did my original 100 baby challenge with all the aspirations and so on and full skills for toddlers, found it became to stressfull and took too long, that is why I adjusted it a bit this time round ;)

@Dinkus83 Sounds like you and Seera is going to play it similar to how I did the first one, I hope you guys share your stories and progression here, I am going to stick to the easier rules, so it can go quicker than the last time LOL.

@all Ann is pregnant, Debby has completed all her required skill points, but I am just waiting for Carly to get that A then I will age them all up, she has a B and I just purchased some earbuds to keep her fun up at school so she can work harder to do better in faster time. I completely forgot about that little trick LOL. All the other kids are ready for aging up though, I want to try and keep to one child at each life stage type <3
  • Seera1024Seera1024 Posts: 3,629 Member
    @mcrudd I won't always do all child aspirations per child, just maybe once every so often. They just have to complete the one that they landed on when they aged to child. As for toddler traits, I've been given tips and tricks for how to raise those quickly so it doesn't take too long. I can handle doing it for twins on normal life span.

I'm going to try for not too much overlap in kids, but I'm not going to sweat it too much. Especially since I'm not having to juggle finding the next baby daddy on top of it.

Well, first baby Idol is born (again for the third time, hoping this 3rd attempt is the charm). And she had a boy name U-Know. Who is now a toddler and Korea is pregnant again.

U-Know:
    hwoIsrO.png

For more details on traits and how the family is doing see this post on my catch-all Sims blog as I'm a perpetual challenge starter and to avoid having a slew of abandoned blogs, all challenges start on this blog: https://sjdavis1024.wordpress.com/2022/06/05/100-idol-debuts-chapter-1-hug/

A link to my blog in general is: https://sjdavis1024.wordpress.com Keep in mind that it is a catch-all blog and has stories crossing multiple Sims games (though currently only Sims 2 and Sims 4 are active there).
    @mcrudd
    I didn’t get a chance to finish the last one though, so I haven’t done nearly the number of skill-ups and aspirations that you have ;) Mostly though it’s just my personal thing to have the kids skilled up so that they get the bonus traits. I just have a hard time making myself not do it.

In the Archer household, Aliyah aged up to toddler and baby Brynnlee was born the next day. They’ve expanded their house a bit to fit the toddler things, but it still qualifies as a tiny house, so Aliyah’s toddler skills are going crazy fast. She was potty trained within a day! They’ll add on to the house again soon though, so she’ll likely be the only kid to benefit from that bonus.