Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Latest Survey

Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
Hi everyone, but especially the older simmers.

Like many others today, I got an email asking me to complete a sims survey. I’m curious if anyone else had the survey concluded after answering the age question? I’m 48 and answered accordingly, but there were no more questions for me. I’ve definitely seen that other simmers got more questions to answer.
@the sims team - are older simmers’ opinions of no value to you? Excluding 2 kits, I’ve purchased ALL of TS3 & TS4 content so feel my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. Hoping mine was just a glitch, because ageism is offensive.

Comments

• Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    It wouldn't shock me if their target audience carried more weight, but I am a little surprise they just cut it completely. Maybe an attempt to cut down the data load?

I haven't had a survey lately, but if it is the one that screenshots are making the rounds it was pretty elusive. It leaked an EP; used incorrect pack names; and I have yet to hear of a rhyme or reason for who got it. So, wouldn't shock me if they pulled it down.
  • Green_Girly100Green_Girly100 Posts: 296 Member
    Yeah, I’m assuming my survey was the same as the “leak” one.
    Pretty sad if they do give more weight to younger players, last time I checked my money is the same color as the youngins 🤷‍♀️
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    I am not in the target audience either, according to the recent definitions, but I do sort of understand. If the majority of people buying have similar traits/desires/etc. I understand chasing the money, especially since 4 is old enough to coast on it's current audience rather than have a large potential to cultivate another.

Anyway, who knows. Many things seem to be wrong with the last survey, so I'd pay it no mind.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    Wow! That would be super crap-py if the survey did just cut off due to people answering their age. All their talk about being inclusive for everybody .... to literally exclude the opinion of simmers who don't fall within that very narrow age group.

Wonder how'd they feel if everybody outside of their "target group" decided to no longer buy anything from them?

Bet they'd think real hard about who actually carries this game.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    I used to get surveyes, but usually the first question was an age one, and when I clicked on my age, the survey would thank me and that would be that..no questions at all. It's a shame really to see the biases knowing that the forum users are normally older and began with the original game and our opinions no longer matter when they wouldn't be here technically if we hadn't stuck with them all these years. I know they like to believe the new gamer is the one that has kept TS4 alive but I would guess if older players hadn't stuck around it might not even be here.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    And yet the target demographic would be too young to have played the early games, so it's sad that there isn't the loyalty towards players in older age ranges, especially as many of those may have followed the franchise since the very beginning.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited June 2022
    That annoys me a lot considering that the game has gone on for so long that the people that were in their age range when they bought the game in 2014 could very well no longer be in that age range.

You don't get to keep your game going for so long and abandon the very people that bought your DLC in the first place. You should support and listen to all of your player base.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member

Like many others today, I got an email asking me to complete a sims survey. I’m curious if anyone else had the survey concluded after answering the age question? I’m 48 and answered accordingly, but there were no more questions for me. I’ve definitely seen that other simmers got more questions to answer.
    @the sims team - are older simmers’ opinions of no value to you? Excluding 2 kits, I’ve purchased ALL of TS3 & TS4 content so feel my opinion is as valid as anyone else’s. Hoping mine was just a glitch, because ageism is offensive.

Hi - do you have a link to the survey you can share?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • PhobostimePhobostime Posts: 38 Member
    That's bad. Surely us 'older' simmers are likely have more disopsable income to spend on games, so it would make sense to find out what we'd want to spend that money on.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I had a feeling there was an age discrimination. Oh well. It is what it is. :'(
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,334 Member
    Maybe they had enough answers from that age group already, because older players answer more readily.

I didn't get a survey, but if I did, I'd feel very disappointed if they kicked me for being over age. For years I felt on board with most of what they did with Sims 4, despite not being in their target demographic.
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,542 Member
    i never recive such surveys so i have my doubts
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member

This was exactly my experience. I am in my 40s. I know absolutely that they hadn’t reached their cap of that demographic as I was at my computer right when the email came in and was so excited to share so I started the survey right away. Two questions in, last being age, and i am done.

I posted on twitter but apparently was told by one simmer that it’s not ageism, I am just not in the demographic. Another simmer agreed with me. Honestly feels like ageism to me. Why is my hard earned money not valuable? Why is my opinion on the franchise since I played since ts2 not valuable?

I guess the “inclusivity” that EA say they promote just doesn’t extend to older people. If in fact they wanted feedback re the possible new pack “high school”, you know I went to high school right and also may very well be one of many simmers that play with the pack. While it’s been years since I went to uni but am actually playing the pack right now.

I rarely, if at all, get to offer my opinion on the game in an offical way. Would be nice..

@SimGuruLyndsay
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Wow! That would be super crap-py if the survey did just cut off due to people answering their age. All their talk about being inclusive for everybody .... to literally exclude the opinion of simmers who don't fall within that very narrow age group.

Wonder how'd they feel if everybody outside of their "target group" decided to no longer buy anything from them?

Bet they'd think real hard about who actually carries this game.

I like your idea!

Never got the survey. If their claim to being inclusive is more than blather they need to see older simmers and their views as equally valid to those of the younger.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    I had a feeling there was an age discrimination. Oh well. It is what it is. :'(

As a state employee once told me, age discrimination is alive and well, but almost impossible to prove. It's also illegal, at least in the USA.
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    EA_Cade wrote: »

Heya,

Thank you for calling this to my attention. I've forwarded this up to the Sims team and just got confirmation that this survey "age cap" will be removed entirely, at this time I don't know if the survey will need to be rereleased to account for this change or not but I'll let you know once I do.

The opinions of ALL of our Simmers matter to us, which is why I love this forum and all of its users.

Again, thank you for posting this and you all are absolutely awesome. <3

Thank you for caring about us.

Age alone is a funny thing to use as a demographic, unless there are legal age restrictions involved. People don't always fit the stereotypes for their age bracket, and rightly so.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I'm glad there's an age fairness for everyone, not just the youths. ;)
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,431 Member
    edited June 2022
    Heya,

Thank you for calling this to my attention. I've forwarded this up to the Sims team and just got confirmation that this survey "age cap" will be removed entirely, at this time I don't know if the survey will need to be rereleased to account for this change or not but I'll let you know once I do.

The opinions of ALL of our Simmers matter to us, which is why I love this forum and all of its users.

I thought for sure it was just a glitch but since you've confirmed it was intentional, I don't know how I feel.

But, thank you for letting the Sims Team know that those of us NOT in their "target age bracket" has just as much right to give their opinion on upcoming DLC as younger players.
    Post edited by Chicklet453681 on
  • EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,265 EA Community Manager
    Heya,

I thought for sure it was just a glitch but since you've confirmed it was intentional, I don't know how I feel.

But, thank you for letting the Sims Team know that those of us NOT in their "target age bracket" has just as much right to give their opinion on upcoming DLC as younger players.

I don't have all the details yet, it's entirely possible that this survey was just configured incorrectly or something. It was news to the people I discussed it with so I don't think this was intended behavior.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
    I would love the opportunity to take the survey.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • cherparcherpar Posts: 2,092 Member
    thanks @EA_Cade for helping us with this issue :)
    Anyone else never receive a link?
  • PluttskuttPluttskutt Posts: 112 Member
    Anyone else never receive a link?

I don't want to assume too much because I don't work with sending them out, but I don't think it's a link one can share.