Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• Options
    DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    edited June 2022
    « Definitely real » ??
    It’s not even confirmed, could he stop with the clickbait ?? It’s just wrong to mislead people.

I would love It if It’s real, Teens desperately NEED MORE content, but It sounds fishy, too many typos, some pack names are wrong and the person who posted the pics on this thread deleted them….

• Options
    I liked The Nanny too. I made Fran Fine in my game for fun.
    Gordy wrote: »
    I did. I was a huge Fran Drescher fan in high school. It'd be great if they could be fans of actual in-game sims, or at least popular townies.

• Options
    ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    Hmm... if there's any truth to it I do hope "high school" is just a placeholder tittle and not like actual focus of the pack. Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely like them to improve teenagers for I feel like they really lack identity in TS4 but a pack that focuses on school when there's already University which does the same for older sims? That's just a big ol' "meh" from me.
  • Options
    Chris_McSimsChris_McSims Posts: 120 Member
    edited June 2022
    Idk, I like the idea of a teen themed pack, but a whole expansion all about them? Nah, feels like a theft, like what can they add ONLY for teens, couldn't it be a game pack, or a so long forgotten stuff pack? I'm not digging it, but let's see what will add, and if there may also be non-teen stuff.
    Or maybe they'll bring zombies back? Bc in The Sims 2 zombies came out with University, but since in ts4 University they gave us servo, maybe they'll come back here, with idk some scientific/nerdy stuff thta can bring back sims to life, but can also work wrong and make them zombies? Or maybe the improved plantsims? Or some other occult stuff, like ouija tables for more goth teens, or fairies bc of the manic pixie girl trope? Or maybe this might add, hopefully with a base game update so we don't have to buy it, hobbies or interests? Or an attraction system and dating apps?
  • Options
    SimKonfettiSimKonfetti Posts: 1,361 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    High School is a nice idea for a pack, I guess. If we have active classes, cliques and in-depth stuff to keep us busy, it'd be a fun way to play with teens. But I'm hoping this isn't real. I'm tired of Expansion Packs covering niche stuff that only a few sims can/will use. I'd rather have hobbies, Generations - something that would affect a majority of sims.

I agree. I do like the concept of it, and I do want this kind of gameplay, but this is more of a GP theme in my opinion. EPs should be covering more life stages and should broaden the gameplay in general...
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    This might be the next EP, but that leak really seems fake imo. I suspect the deleted images are because they're embarrassed from all the mistakes they made. And the one image I saw with the survey button had the branding colors all wrong.
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I think the leak is fake but I think there is a good chance the actual pack theme might be real

Who knows?
  • Options
    KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    GracieO312 wrote: »
    I think the leak is fake but I think there is a good chance the actual pack theme might be real

Who knows?

Yes, exactly. I just read on Twitter that someone in lilsimsie's twitch chat mentioned that these are photoshopped and were lifted from a Facebook group.
  • Options
    Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member
    I don't know, a simmer just posted in the "The Sims Franchise Discussion" section about a recent survey she received in an email, but when she answered the question about her age, which did not fall within what EA states is their "unique player base", the survey thanked her and no further questions were asked.
  • Options
    InuMiroLoverInuMiroLover Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited June 2022
    Im skeptical. Im not against a more school activities for kids and teens, but Im gonna need some more credible info before I start gaining any sort of hype. There's no official news of an EP on the horizon, and dont the leaks start coming out right before the team is about to announce something big? If this is real, I imagine someone on the team is in a chokehold right about now.
  • Options
    As for different pack names, the survey seems to have been sent to Australian simmers only (at least the person from the facebook group leaking these images thinks so). Did anyone check if the packs are called differently in Australia? Is there someone Australian on the forums who could confirm or deny that? That might be the case...
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    Oh yeah now that someone mentioned it I've always wanted an active teaching career! Almost forgot how much I wanted that since Uni didn't come with it I gave up on it.

That would be super cool. Active classes could also include sims throwing paper balls at eachother, passing notes, not paying attention, sneaking cell phones, cheating on tests, studying like a good things and other options that make active class fun.
    Food fights should be a thing.
    Sports to cheer on would go perfect here.
    I hope they don't lock everything tightly the way they did with the cop and doctor career. They made it pretty impossible to set up your own clinic or police station to roleplay in while still being able to use all the features like interrogation.
    A pack like this, especially being an expansion could potentially add a lot of much need things to make teens more distinguishable.

But Ugh this is definitely one of my top non occult dream packs if it's true😍

I personally think each lifestate should get their own dedicated pack rather than a generations one for all. Kids should have their own thing. Preferably not school related but tons of fun stuff

Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I don't think the devs have to worry much about the leak. Even if it is real I doubt most people would even believe it without proper proof. (Including me)
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • Options
    I don’t think so, I do watch a lot of James Turner and Deligracy’s videos and I don’t recall them saying packs had a different name in Australia.
    As for different pack names, the survey seems to have been sent to Australian simmers only (at least the person from the facebook group leaking these images thinks so). Did anyone check if the packs are called differently in Australia? Is there someone Australian on the forums who could confirm or deny that? That might be the case...

• Options
    IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    I'll believe it when I see a formal announcement.

I went to High School once, I really have no interest in doing it again. Those were definitely not my "glory days." :# But I'm sure anything they came up for in a Sim High would be very different from my experience.
  • Options
    EgonVMEgonVM Posts: 4,937 Member
    edited June 2022
    High school? What going to be in a expansion pack like that? I don't see much of an expansion pack potential in that. If something, it should be a game pack. So will this pack include a big world and improvements to grade school too?

So, I guess the following things will be in the pack:
    • New after-school activities
    • School events (proms, field trips etc)
    • High school graduation ceremonies
    • Boarding schools and private schools

But that's all my speculation.
  • Options
    EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    Not sure if this leak is real or not, but I do hope its real! I've been wanting this type of expansion for yearrrss now
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    Well, something like this was in the surveys last year, so I think it might be real...

I am kind of disappointed though. I hoped and wished for a Generations EP with updated babies...

Also I think this is more of a GP theme. Snowy Escape should've been a GP too...
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,035 Member
    edited June 2022
    Zussage wrote: »
    I'm a bit nervous if this is the pack. I'm from the group of people that want a Generations EP. A High School EP does sound like it will include some of the stuff I'm missing - More content for family play and younger sims. But it seems a bit much to have an entire EP just centered on High School? I could see a GP maybe but what is this going to be stuffed with to make High School feel full? And what kind of World is it gonna be? Am I only gonna be able to do all this stuff in the one world, and does it mean all my family gameplay is limited to the one map if I want the benefit it gives teens? And then what if they do an Elementary EP, do I have to pick which age of sims I cater to based on which map I choose?

It's a lot of content to fill to justify the cost. A High-School EP would only be for teens, not even all school ages, and would it only be school related content at that? It could give us some great stuff like Prom, home school options, private school options, more extra curriculars for teens, maybe a new hobby, but how much of it is going to be filler or just over what people asked cause it's centered around such a niche theme. Like, I don't need University Junior. If the gameplay is too similar it's gonna feel redundant and stale. I want my teen play to have depth in general, I don't just want to play at High School over and over again before heading to University to do more of the same.

It also scares me that they're separating out what could be a Generations pack into multiple packs while simultaneously missing the point of what a Generations pack is. It means instead of buying a few focused family-play packs, I'm gonna have to buy multiple EP's, GP's, SP's and Kits... Just to get a few crucial items and be left with a lot of filler. Yes I'd love to see some more teen content and high-school improvements, but does it need a whole EP to itself? And will it build up teen play in general or just in relation to high-school? I don't want to have to buy the High School Pack, then the Elementary pack, then Elder Care Home pack, then the Teen Hobby pack, then Kid Imagination pack, etc. By separating all this out, they also miss out on what family-play is: it's how sims interact across the generations with each other. A teen-centric pack might help the teen problem, but it doesn't help the interactive family play. I want family trees improved, and family relationships expanded, and interactions between siblings and grandparents highlighted. I don't want to buy a dozen packs and still never have my sims acknowledge they have an aunt.

This pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. I also never understood the need for active classes - what is there to do? Sit at a desk and listen to someone speak, write on a computer, read in a book or chat with someone. It's basically longer homework sessions.

Now a pack that expanded on family play - that's another matter. Visits to grandparents, playdates with cousins, sibling rivalry and fighting, board games, kids games that are interactive rather than solo activities, after school activities, learning to ride a bike or swim, or read! Teens hanging out, dating and having fun. Family dinners. Funerals. More fleshed out activities for ALL ages not just one.

Then again, this leak could be fake, and if it is not I'll reserve my judgement for when I see it. But it does feel thin for a full EP, and as @Zussage put it, I don't need University junior.
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    jcp011c2jcp011c2 Posts: 10,861 Member
    This type of pack is definitely not something I'm interested gameplay wise. but I understand the need more players that play more family/generational style. That said, as always it's probably the build/buy stuff that will make me want to buy it. I think though I'll wait for a sale on this one, since the theme holds no interest for me.
    It's kind of sad that I have to point out that anything I say is only just my opinion and may be a different one from someone else.
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Thanks now you just summoned this to my head I guess itd be good theme to add zombies
    "The uploader has not made this video available."

Th-thanks, YouTube.
    JAL wrote: »
    This pretty much sums up how I'm feeling. I also never understood the need for active classes - what is there to do? Sit at a desk and listen to someone speak, write on a computer, read in a book or chat with someone. It's basically longer homework sessions.
    They could make class more engaging: you could have class outdoors, get pop-up questions you can answer to boost/reduce your sim's grade, take part in group activities or projects, pull pranks on your teacher, ditch class or act out to get in trouble, have outdoor classes, skill-build, or take part in new activities made introduced in this pack.

TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    I kind of hope not... The ordering of the EPs in the survey is weird and devoting two EPs to school seems like overkill. A teen-focused pack would be nice, but not something just about high school.

Same, it seems like what most people want from this pack is not active school (which is probably 90% of what this pack will be) but more activities for teens. I don't think that many people will actually use active schools often but it's just a way of buffing up the pack so they can continue to extend generations further and further rather than just one pack...
  • Options
    OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited June 2022
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think Country Oasis is just the Courtyard Oasis kit.

I’ve been wanting high school and teen stuff for ages so I’d love It, but I don’t want to get my hopes up until it’s confirmed.

Not to mention there’s a lot of typos and mistakes in the packs names…..(Incheon ArrivalS; Blooming RoomS….)

gc6164 wrote: »
    I thought this was fake until I found the survey in my emails and did it this morning. When Filling out the game pack section the Werewolves game pack was listed as well even though its not purchasable yet. Also there is a kit listed that hasn't been released named Country Oasis.
    IMG-2174.png
    IMG-2173.png
    IMG-2175.png
    IMG-2176.png

It seems like the person that made it probably wasn't supposed to release it yet and it probably was supposed to be checked for errors before it was released.

I expect if this is real it's definitely intentional. A few hours after an occult pack gets announced conveniently a family pack gets leaked?... In the past when occult packs have come out there's been big outrage from the "family gameplay is more important than this!" crowd, and they released toddlers at the same time as vampires to avoid that outrage too so it seems very likely that they're doing the same here.

Plus if this released any time before now werewolves would've been leaked too, seems way too much of a coincidence that this survey conveniently came out after the devs have finished hinting at the pack and the trailers come out
  • Options
    BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,186 Member
    Doesn't seem like an ep to me but as others have said I guess it depends on what it contains. My teens could use more options but then so can my elders and I still wish we could actually play with the babies like in Sims 2. High School doesn't appeal to me much but is probably just a placeholder name. Surely they won't have us(sims) actually attending?

And I am still waiting for my horses to return. Sigh
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • Options
    Briana2425Briana2425 Posts: 3,591 Member
    Ahhh yeah I ain't trying to get excited but I'm excited lol I hope this is real.