Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've also built so many (haunted 😏)highschools to roleplay in. Having the real thing would be a dream.
    And active classes was something I wanted since forever. Oh and cheerleading! I put together my own cheer team using custom animations.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    Here's what I'm hoping for a high school pack
    • Active classes. And not just classes where you sit and write; I want drama classes, gym, art, shop, science, etc.
    • Elective classes, so people can customize their learning experience.
    • Clubs, with active meetings and special events. I'd prefer not to have rabbit holes, but it'd be cool if we had chess tournaments, sports competitions, swim meets, school plays, concerts, NaNoWriMo, and cheer nationals.
    • Cliques like the popular kids, the outsiders, the jocks, the nerds, and the dragon fans. Depending on what group you're part of, you'll find it easier or harder to befriend others of other groups, or dealing with random events that relate to them.
    • Cliques and clubs don't clash with each other, so you can have a jock Chess player, or a goth cheerleader.
    • A Dungeons & Dragons-like board game, comics, and some other nerdy fan stuff.
    • School projects.
    • Bullying? Would probably be too controversial for the Sims 4, but bullies are a part of nearly everyone's school experience at some point or another. A teen with the Mean trait and a random clique could be picked; you can befriend them, tell on them, fight them, or convince your clique to help you out.
    • Pep rallies
    • More sports, please?
    • Some schools let you raise pets, eggs, robot babies or sacks of flowers to prepare you for parenthood. Let's do that, but with dragons.
    • New events: teen house parties, prom, school fundraisers, talent shows, club-based events.
    • An overhaul on the party rating system, making it similar to what we had in The Sims 2.
    • A gossip system. Spread gossip about other sims, or have your enemies spread gossip about you. You can refute accusations or ruin another sim's credibility. Maybe we can tie it into Get Famous' reputation system.
    • Acne.
    • Spontaneous crushes, if we get an attraction system and clear sexual orientation. Based on your preference, your teen sim can develop a crush on a sim of he same age, which will give them max attraction points with that sim. It's temporary, but it can happen to anyone - including sims your teen absolutely despises. So your sim can develop a crush on their bully and try to win their heart.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    We need radio stations
    • Geek rock station for the high school EP
    • R&B radio station for the base game while proms will be exclusive to high school EP
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    It would make sense for them to follow up a strong occult pack with something with more family play. Of course, these are unofficial “official” sources, but I wonder if a high school pack is enough for an EP. It’s not like University where kids go off to school and you can build a whole world for the school activities. Dunno. I’m not a family player, so I don’t have any preferences. I just hope bands aren’t rolled into this without giving us professional ones somewhere else.
  • RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2022

That screenshot they show has a URL of ae.decipherinc.com, what is that supposed to be?

I looked into this and it looks like decipherinc is a company that does surveys and market research; companies can create their own urls for this purpose. The one above has AE instead of EA.. Not sure what to think of that.

"AE" is the abbreviation for the United Arab Emirates.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Rouensims wrote: »

That screenshot they show has a URL of ae.decipherinc.com, what is that supposed to be?

I looked into this and it looks like decipherinc is a company that does surveys and market research; companies can create their own urls for this purpose. The one above has AE instead of EA.. Not sure what to think of that.

"AE" is the abbreviation for the United Arab Emirates.

Well then, that answers that.. :D

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I do still think it's wrong for someone to leak it this early (assuming it's true)
    Leaks close to reveal doesn't seem that bad and are somewhat exciting.
    But I know how much the devs like to surprise reveal once everything is in place.

I don't like super early leaks either. Totally ruins the chance for the gurus to have fun giving us hints, which I really enjoy.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • lemonellalemonella Posts: 423 Member
    I’m literally grinning ear-to-ear 😁 I hope this news is true! I’ve been crossing my fingers for more generations-type gameplay.
    · · ─────── · 𖥸 · ─────── · ·
  • revgrvrevgrv Posts: 225 Member
    edited June 2022
    I've been prepping a new save for Werewolves now I'm going to have to wait months to age them past teens. :'(:'(

EDIT:

But on the plus side Euphoria in the Sims!*

*- with the help of a few mods and ~imagination~
    &PHgr;
  • figgyfiggy Posts: 179 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Hope it has bands because my sims aren't the nerdy types.

Oh yes, please give us bands! Now with the werewolves grunge style it's a must!
    simming since 2000┃origin: daFigg ┃radiohead-head, potterhead, doodie-head
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    There was a fan club concept in a survey. Since a lot of teens have phases where they are obsessed with some celebrity, band, or piece of media. It could be a new gameplay feature? Idk how it could be implemented but maybe you could have ur teen sim be an obsessive fan of something or someone and they could have posters or smth. Idk actually lol I didn't go through that phase Ive never really been a "fan" of a celebrity or anything like that.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    I did. I was a huge Fran Drescher fan in high school. It'd be great if they could be fans of actual in-game sims, or at least popular townies.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • ignominiusrexignominiusrex Posts: 2,680 Member
    Zerbu's go to school mod did a pretty awesome job of making it possible to accompany your child or teen to school, and the other townie kids were there too. It generated a class of 12 in my game, had a teacher, guidance counselor, and principal.ast time I checked that mod still worked except for a few interactions that you could still complete your day, without doing. It was/is an awesome mod, so it is quite possible to have live classes in the game, for those who worry that it isn't possible.

There was another school mod based on .asking as much drama as possible but I never tried that one.
    You can call me Iggy or Rex (he/him) 10 ways to Fight Hate
    ```
    wonderfullymade.jpg
    kaiwrysims wrote: »
    Idk actually lol I didn't go through that phase Ive never really been a "fan" of a celebrity or anything like that.

Me either. I always felt like I was weird cause I didn't understand what others were getting excited about. The first time I was ever a fan girl over anyone it was Todd Howard (Creator of The Elder Scrolls), then I fell in love with Will Wright.. Now I am a fan off all the gurus..

I guess as a teen I hadn't come across the right kind of artist yet..

• GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Teen Wolf!!!!

I hope and pray to the Watcher that this is true! I’ve wanted a high school pack since the Sims 1!
  • ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Please let this be real as long as it is nothing like University with its endless rabbit holes and no game play.

Will we finally get this from the survey I sure hope so... but football really needs to be there as well

American High Schools
    Cafeteria cliques, racy relationships and SAT struggles, the halls are alive with the sound of drama.

Cheer
    Immerse yourself in the world of cheerleading where focus is king and distractions are dangerous. Keep the team together, build routines and make sure to stick the landing.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member

I like how things get leaked 😂.

It’s an interesting idea 🤔. I mainly play with young adults though so I can’t see me using it that much. I would rather send them to school the usual way.

Hopefully we get to see the CAS and build items. Perhaps a new world 🌎?

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,719 Member
    edited June 2022
    Nice! I have wanted High Schools for a long time. I will look forward to this one, if it's actually real.
    If this is real, I kinda wonder if the devs did it on purpose to give the non occult players something to look forward to. So many have been begging for teen stuff.

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I hope, it isn't University 2.0. I like the concept but I have no idea what they can include there. After school activities? Teacher career? And what is more important. Will it be inspired by US high shool system? European? Japaniese? This is also important thing because we have a lot of different system around the world. I would like to see more school types than a single one. Public and private at least. In a perfect world, every world should have its own school.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_secondary_education_systems_by_country
    One thing everyone should consider is early names are usually placeholders. So just because it said high school, doesn't mean it will actually be about high school specifically. More than likely it just means teens..

• ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm a bit nervous if this is the pack. I'm from the group of people that want a Generations EP. A High School EP does sound like it will include some of the stuff I'm missing - More content for family play and younger sims. But it seems a bit much to have an entire EP just centered on High School? I could see a GP maybe but what is this going to be stuffed with to make High School feel full? And what kind of World is it gonna be? Am I only gonna be able to do all this stuff in the one world, and does it mean all my family gameplay is limited to the one map if I want the benefit it gives teens? And then what if they do an Elementary EP, do I have to pick which age of sims I cater to based on which map I choose?

It's a lot of content to fill to justify the cost. A High-School EP would only be for teens, not even all school ages, and would it only be school related content at that? It could give us some great stuff like Prom, home school options, private school options, more extra curriculars for teens, maybe a new hobby, but how much of it is going to be filler or just over what people asked cause it's centered around such a niche theme. Like, I don't need University Junior. If the gameplay is too similar it's gonna feel redundant and stale. I want my teen play to have depth in general, I don't just want to play at High School over and over again before heading to University to do more of the same.

It also scares me that they're separating out what could be a Generations pack into multiple packs while simultaneously missing the point of what a Generations pack is. It means instead of buying a few focused family-play packs, I'm gonna have to buy multiple EP's, GP's, SP's and Kits... Just to get a few crucial items and be left with a lot of filler. Yes I'd love to see some more teen content and high-school improvements, but does it need a whole EP to itself? And will it build up teen play in general or just in relation to high-school? I don't want to have to buy the High School Pack, then the Elementary pack, then Elder Care Home pack, then the Teen Hobby pack, then Kid Imagination pack, etc. By separating all this out, they also miss out on what family-play is: it's how sims interact across the generations with each other. A teen-centric pack might help the teen problem, but it doesn't help the interactive family play. I want family trees improved, and family relationships expanded, and interactions between siblings and grandparents highlighted. I don't want to buy a dozen packs and still never have my sims acknowledge they have an aunt.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    This is one of those themes that holds no interest for me personally, so I guess I also don't care much about whether or not the presumed leak is a true leak. But if it's true and that's what's coming, I'll be happy for the players who wanted such a thing. Maybe at some point down the road there will be something in it that will entice me into buying on sale... It would have to be something fairly awesome, though.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • netney52netney52 Posts: 1,214 Member
    I would prefer this to be an education pack for kids and teens rather than a high school pack. Kids need more interaction with their school like teens do.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Here's what I'm hoping for a high school pack
    • Active classes. And not just classes where you sit and write; I want drama classes, gym, art, shop, science, etc.
    • Elective classes, so people can customize their learning experience.
    • Clubs, with active meetings and special events. I'd prefer not to have rabbit holes, but it'd be cool if we had chess tournaments, sports competitions, swim meets, school plays, concerts, NaNoWriMo, and cheer nationals.
    • Cliques like the popular kids, the outsiders, the jocks, the nerds, and the dragon fans. Depending on what group you're part of, you'll find it easier or harder to befriend others of other groups, or dealing with random events that relate to them.
    • Cliques and clubs don't clash with each other, so you can have a jock Chess player, or a goth cheerleader.
    • A Dungeons & Dragons-like board game, comics, and some other nerdy fan stuff.
    • School projects.
    • Bullying? Would probably be too controversial for the Sims 4, but bullies are a part of nearly everyone's school experience at some point or another. A teen with the Mean trait and a random clique could be picked; you can befriend them, tell on them, fight them, or convince your clique to help you out.
    • Pep rallies
    • More sports, please?
    • Some schools let you raise pets, eggs, robot babies or sacks of flowers to prepare you for parenthood. Let's do that, but with dragons.
    • New events: teen house parties, prom, school fundraisers, talent shows, club-based events.
    • An overhaul on the party rating system, making it similar to what we had in The Sims 2.
    • A gossip system. Spread gossip about other sims, or have your enemies spread gossip about you. You can refute accusations or ruin another sim's credibility. Maybe we can tie it into Get Famous' reputation system.
    • Acne.
    • Spontaneous crushes, if we get an attraction system and clear sexual orientation. Based on your preference, your teen sim can develop a crush on a sim of he same age, which will give them max attraction points with that sim. It's temporary, but it can happen to anyone - including sims your teen absolutely despises. So your sim can develop a crush on their bully and try to win their heart.
    Thanks now you just summoned this to my head I guess itd be good theme to add zombies
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free