Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,833 Member
    edited June 2022
    Has anyone else watched the trailer like 5 times?

I love the music they put in with it. I think it was really fun. I love the wolf shaking water off itself..

Rewatching the trailer, I think I seen it...the fog.

It seemed like there was a little fog in there. I was looking for it too. I didn't see any heavy fog. So I am wondering if we will get fog emitters, or if there is just some specifically set for that world.

What I saw were wisps. Go to 0:16 and pause when you see the feet and look at the trailer in the background. It looks like a thin veil of fog in front of the trailer.

Oooh nice catch!!

Thank you. There was another glimpse at 1:31, that covers a larger area. But it's still thin.

I got to thinking about Alluring Visage for vampires. That was small area of fog but it was thick, and it used to kick the ever-loving crap out of my old machine. It would grind it to a halt. That's why I'm getting skeptical about really thick fog covering an entire world. If localized fog effects like AV caused issues you can imagine it over an entire world. I'm not ruling it out entirely but I'm not holding my breath either.

ETA: Even better view at 1:35
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    This article hints at a lot of depth for werewolves.
    • The underground tunnel system mentions finding quicker routes and navigation, so it's likely not a rabbit hole thing.
    • We have two packs we can join - the Moonwood Collective (Boomers) and the Wildfangs (Zoomers).
    • To join the pack, you need to take part in a few trials. Once you're in a pack, there's a hierarchy you have to follow. There are obligations and do's and don'ts. I expect this to just be a Clubs reskin, but it could still be fun.
    • You can become the pack's Alpha. Maybe you can kick out the other members and morph your pack into whatever you want?
    • There seems to be a Fury system, which is always growing. Once you maxed out your fury, transformation is imminent. So control your emotions or you'll turn into a werewolf?
    • There's temperaments, which affect how your sim's fury will grow. Going against your temperament raises your fury.
    • Being under a full moon raises your fury. There's a mention of a lunar resistance unlockable, so this might help with that.
    • Other unlockables: immortality, marking your territory, and running on all fours/
    • You can find books about the lore in the library, but the good stuff is hidden away. You can look for books and items.
    • There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.
    • You can ask sims their opinions on being a werewolf, sort of like the individualized pop-up windows and stories we got in Cottage Living and MWS.
    • We're getting another bar. Whoopee.
    • There's something called Werebies, which is different from Lycanthropy.
    • There are pictures of werewolves during the day, doing casual things. I hope we can make our sims stay in their wolf forms forever.

So we can have werewolves with different temperaments that influence behavior and gameplay. There are unlockable powers. There's a pack system in place, and you have to actively work to get in. Once you do, you'll have rules to follow and things to do, and you'll even be able to become the pack's leader.

This werewolf version of the vampire and spellcaster trees looks like it's going to be even better! I love that you have to earn your way in. The entry into the Magic Realm is too easy, so are vampires but you at least have to work a little bit harder to build up to getting turned. I love the idea of Alphas that have to maintain their grip on leadership. Now all the fighting in the trailer makes a little more sense. I hope you don't have to fight every single day or some crazy short time span to keep control of the pack, that would be annoying. Once in a while keeps it from becoming monotonous. Temperaments and fury look amazing too. This is looking so much like what I was picturing in my mind. I'm loving it!

I am right on the edge of a full happy freakout, it won't take much more to push me over the edge. Push away.

I also think this is fantastic, if true. A very common element in werewolf lore is being unable to control the beast within and involuntarily morphing into a raging 400 lb behemoth of fur and teeth. I think our Sims games could certainly stand for some werewolf chaos.
  • Options
    GoldmoldarGoldmoldar Posts: 11,966 Member
    edited June 2022
    Can't believe it this pack might be one I actually may like as I love WereWolves as I do not love Vampires too much and I can see a Lycan/Vampire grudge happening for me. I just wish this was an EP, but GP is fine.
    Omen by HP Intel®️ Core™️ i9- 12900K W/ RGB Liquid Cooler 32GB Nvidia RTX 3080 10Gb ASUS Ultra-Wide 34" Curved Monitor. Omen By HP Intel® Core™ i7-12800HX 32 GB Nvidia 3070 Ti 8 GB 17.3 Screen
  • Options
    It came out so close to what I had in mind I was a bit surprised. In my mind I had the Ferals and the Tames, bad/good, and they give us good/bad. I was thinking the Ferals would have less control of their emotions and would be more apt to transform if they became agitated, they gave us Fury.

I'm not someone who generally brings conflict into their game, but I am interested to see how this works in game and how much or how little fighting it leads to. I'm not against having it in my saves, I just don't want it to run amok.
  • Options
    Evilyn_1007Evilyn_1007 Posts: 762 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    So, I know people have said, "Oh, of course it's only five lots, because Vampires only had five lots." Which would be all well and good except that Vampires didn't come with any mandatory (or at least crucial) lots.

Here, though, we have only five lots and two of them are already taken up by a bar and a library. What's worse, it sounds like we can't necessarily get rid of them. The library, with apparently a special NPC librarian, sounds like it will be similar to the library in Strangerville, in terms of being something you have to keep, at least if you want to experience all of the lore and the gameplay. Similarly, the bar apparently has its own special NPC, which sounds like it's going to function a bit like the pub in Henford.

That only leaves three lots, and if you want to keep both premade wolf packs, at least in some form, you're probably going to need to have each pack associated with a lot, which leaves... exactly one lot to live in? That doesn't seem right at all.

I wasn't expecting a huge number of lots for a GP, and one neighborhood would be fine, but it would have been nice to have at least two lots to choose between.

One of the pack leaders(not sure if both) lives in the world. So at least that is one less sim to house. I assume it’s something like the creature keeper set up.

I actually hope they do more things like this. Makes the neighborhood feel active and i don’t have to find a place to house an npc.
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">It's actually a part of the world where the pack leader lives!!! It's a great area to hang out with your pack.</p>— SimGuruAsh ✨ (@SimGuruAsh) <a href=" 2, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js&quot; charset="utf-8"></script>
  • Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited June 2022
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Yes maybe the lone wolves will gather under the same tree once in a while and just snooze and grill some snacks and look at birds and stuff

Sounds about right to me! Maybe occasionally howl at the moon.
    Gordy wrote: »
    Let's call ourselves the Tunnel Dragons.

Sure, why not? I like dragons well enough.

• Options
    comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
  • Options
    ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been posted but it looks like we got all the CAS/Build/Buy stuff here

Not a huge fan of the lack of masculine clothes/hairstyles. Kinda hate that I'm also used to that.
    Is there even any actual male hair styles I don't see any? At best they converted a female hair style to male and called it a day, its pretty sad but at this point we are use to it. They created a grunge pack and could not even give the men a mohawk.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • Options
    RouensimsRouensims Posts: 4,858 Member
    edited June 2022
    I'm blown away by how great this pack looks. I love all the new CAS and build/buy stuff. I love the look of the new world, and the werewolves. I'm trying really hard not to get my hopes up, but this may end up being my favorite pack ever!

Edit: Oh. I just read the comment about the world having only five lots. Is that confirmed? That's really dinky.
    Ooh Be Gah!! Whipna Choba-Dog? Whipna Choba-Dog!! :smiley:
  • Options
    happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    Nothing to do with the pack but I'm enjoying the moon symbol as the new form of censorship.

This sentence is a little bit dystopian.
  • Options
    simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,866 Member
    Goldmoldar wrote: »
    Can't believe it this pack might be one I actually may like as I love WereWolves as I do not love Vampires too much and I can see a Lycan/Vampire grudge happening for me. I just wish this was an EP, but GP is fine.

Who are you and what have you done to @Goldmoldar? 😄
  • Options
    edited June 2022
    I give up. It won't edit me no matter what I put in. Guess that means I have to be extra good.😈
  • Options
    Paigeisin5Paigeisin5 Posts: 2,139 Member
    I have never been the kind of player that enjoys the occults in any of the Sims games. So when I popped in and saw there was a trailer for the game pack, I decided to take a look even while telling myself I would probably hate it. Imagine my shock when the theme, along with the new world, piqued my interest and left me wanting to know more! I don't know why because the Sims3 occults, especially the werewolves, scared the heck out of me. But there's something in this new game pack that is pulling me in. And I can't quite put my finger on what it is that appeals to me. I'll be watching for more reveals as we get closer to the release day. But if this pack turns out to be as entertaining as the trailer makes it out to be, this will be the first new pack I have considered buying since I bought Cottage Living, along with finally updating my game which I have put off doing for almost a year.
  • Options
    Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    edited June 2022

I don't like vampires either. I don't mean the Sims ones, I think the Vamp pack is good, I just don't in general feel drawn to vampires as a thing. Which is why the small group I have in my game are all evil, and despised by all!**

So I was thinking along the same lines. I love werewolves, so it is possible I might have some occult conflicts upcoming.
    Thoughts are still percolating.

**Except Vlad cause I couldn't help but love him for some demented reason.. Vlad is bad, but like, charming too.... I begrudgingly adore him..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

Wait what? Is that....?

Is that a buildable trailer home I'm seeing? With the metal trailer frame on the bottom? :o

*faint*

GOOD catch!! Wish it had been "invented" for the trailer park in Strangerville! Imagine all four trailers in that lot actually small starters?
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options

Wait what? Is that....?

Is that a buildable trailer home I'm seeing? With the metal trailer frame on the bottom? :o

*faint*

GOOD catch!! Wish it had been "invented" for the trailer park in Strangerville! Imagine all four trailers in that lot actually small starters?

I am also wondering about that pile of burning junk. Can we already do that in the game?

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member

I don't like vampires either. I don't mean the Sims ones, I think the Vamp pack is good, I just don't in general feel drawn to vampires as a thing. Which is why the small group I have in my game are all evil, and despised by all!**

So I was thinking along the same lines. I love werewolves, so it is possible I might have some occult conflicts upcoming.

**Except Vlad cause I couldn't help but love him for some demented reason.. Vlad is bad, but like, charming too.... I begrudgingly adore him..

I have even as a kid been much more of a were than a vamp person. I have no idea why, but I have always loathed the "romantic" version of the creature. The weres I like has always ranged from Monster via "Mr Hyde" to troubled-barely-controlled (I call it the "Hulk" to explain the character if not the look and feel).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Paigeisin5 wrote: »
    I have never been the kind of player that enjoys the occults in any of the Sims games. So when I popped in and saw there was a trailer for the game pack, I decided to take a look even while telling myself I would probably hate it. Imagine my shock when the theme, along with the new world, piqued my interest and left me wanting to know more! I don't know why because the Sims3 occults, especially the werewolves, scared the heck out of me. But there's something in this new game pack that is pulling me in. And I can't quite put my finger on what it is that appeals to me. I'll be watching for more reveals as we get closer to the release day. But if this pack turns out to be as entertaining as the trailer makes it out to be, this will be the first new pack I have considered buying since I bought Cottage Living, along with finally updating my game which I have put off doing for almost a year.

I think it's because the cas and bb are very usable for non werewolves. And idk the vibe of the world is just so cool. I love the punk vibes it's so similar to the run down vibe from eco lifestyle but like a different flavour... if that makes sense. I don't know if I will even play with werewolves much but I definitely see an appeal for non occult gameplay.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • Options
    somewhsomesomewhsome Posts: 910 Member

Wait what? Is that....?

*faint*

I think it's a shell, sadly, like the one where creature keeper lives.
    For example, these windows are not in B&B catalog (they are from Snowy Escape, actually).
  • Options

I have even as a kid been much more of a were than a vamp person. I have no idea why, but I have always loathed the "romantic" version of the creature. The weres I like has always ranged from Monster via "Mr Hyde" to troubled-barely-controlled (I call it the "Hulk" to explain the character if not the look and feel).

Yes, That! That is exactly why I have never been into them too. And same, all the way from when I was a kid. The whole seduction sexy vamp thing just isn't for me at all. I don't like a bad guy who uses sexuality to do his baddie thing.. It's just, unpleasant.. You see a werewolf in the woods and he isn't going to lure you over with bedroom eyes, he is going take you down, you see him, and you know your are in trouble.

• Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I’m curious on how Fury would be approached. Hopefully it’s not too annoying and your werewolf transforms every day or way too often.

Or, in the Sims 4 emotions tradition, dying from getting TOO angry/emotional, haha!😄
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top