Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Upcoming EP: High School

Comments

• StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    This is a nice idea. Wonder what itll turn out to be like :)
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    edited June 2022
    Onverser wrote: »
    I don't get the appeal, do people actually want to play with active schools all the time? I would think it'd be something that gets used a couple times before everyone just ends up clicking the "send to school without joining" option and then it'll never get used again

I don't think people are excited about the high school, but about the new type of occult which inhabits them, these dangerous irrational goblin-like things called "teenagers"

I am on that boat, I want more sports, music bands, and the return of the comic books you could buy and collect. All of this fits a teen pack very well. Plus my favorite Sims 2 stuff pack was teen style lol
  • FamilyFarmerFamilyFarmer Posts: 40 Member
    I'm curious, if this leak is in fact real (highly questionable at this point), the survey only included gamepack, expansions, and kits? If that's true, stuff packs must be well and truly dead 😭
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I'm curious, if this leak is in fact real (highly questionable at this point), the survey only included gamepack, expansions, and kits? If that's true, stuff packs must be well and truly dead 😭

It did include stuff packs I didn't get a pic of it :smile:

rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    Yes, where are SPs ??

• GordyGordy Posts: 3,018 Member
    High School is a nice idea for a pack, I guess. If we have active classes, cliques and in-depth stuff to keep us busy, it'd be a fun way to play with teens. But I'm hoping this isn't real. I'm tired of Expansion Packs covering niche stuff that only a few sims can/will use. I'd rather have hobbies, Generations - something that would affect a majority of sims.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    They called Eco Lifestyle Eco Living. Seems odd that EA would type the name of a pack incorrectly in an official survey 🤔
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited June 2022
    I mean with the typos it could be something else entirely

like Dragons

yes they could Fly High I guess
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,876 Member
    And Country Oasis instead of Courtyard Oasis.
    MichelleW wrote: »
    They called Eco Lifestyle Eco Living. Seems odd that EA would type the name of a pack incorrectly in an official survey 🤔

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I wouldn't be totally surprised because so many people want teen/kid stuff. I am kinda surprised it would be a full EP though.. It doesn't appeal to me personally, but I am sure if this is real, it will be popular.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • KathMHughesKathMHughes Posts: 441 Member
    There's way too many spelling errors. I love a good leak but this one is fishy.
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I thought this was fake until I found the survey in my emails and did it this morning. When Filling out the game pack section the Werewolves game pack was listed as well even though its not purchasable yet. Also there is a kit listed that hasn't been released named Country Oasis.

*Deleted images for privacy reasons

Not to be that person, but is there anyway you could post a survey link in this thread? You're not the only person reporting being able to dig up this survey, but I cannot find anything and the easiest way to get to the bottom of whether or not it is a fake is a link people can check themselves.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,953 Member
    I kind of hope not... The ordering of the EPs in the survey is weird and devoting two EPs to school seems like overkill. A teen-focused pack would be nice, but not something just about high school.
  • Chicklet453681Chicklet453681 Posts: 2,435 Member

That screenshot they show has a URL of ae.decipherinc.com, what is that supposed to be?
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited June 2022
    If that’s true, I hope it’s more than just going to school, and has Generations teen family stuff. I have never used the school aspect of Discover University.

I would have preferred a big Generations pack that covers multiple life stages…
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    I need more information but I feel like this might be too small for an expansion pack? I mean, you can add dances/additional parties, classes/projects (which we've already got?), live school potentially?, a shopping mall? Those don't exist anymore?, it would be a good time to filter in a major social media bubble and potentially revamp the teacher career? Or after school jobs? Field trips or longer class trips? High school sweethearts? After school activities as more active? It could be like a baby version of the Get Famous actor career. I guess there's the different hierarchies? Assemblies I feel like would be glitchy and I'd go to maybe once... Maybe different sorts of hands-on CTE classes? I feel like a lot of it would have to be stuff that's not actually associated with high school but with being a teenager - like, sneaking out had nothing to do with high school (nobody was going to the library :lol:) but I guess the high school experience? Like how Grease was all about sex and Rock'n'Roll High School was all about the Ramones... so maybe battle of the bands? The cross-pack compatibility would be wild - I hope there are also different private schools they could go to?

Anyway, I know I listed a lot of stuff but I still feel like a game pack until I see more and learn more information?
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • kaiwrysimskaiwrysims Posts: 1,532 Member
    Dianesims wrote: »
    I think Country Oasis is just the Courtyard Oasis kit.

I’ve been wanting high school and teen stuff for ages so I’d love It, but I don’t want to get my hopes up until it’s confirmed.

Not to mention there’s a lot of typos and mistakes in the packs names…..(Incheon ArrivalS; Blooming RoomS….)

gc6164 wrote: »
    I thought this was fake until I found the survey in my emails and did it this morning. When Filling out the game pack section the Werewolves game pack was listed as well even though its not purchasable yet. Also there is a kit listed that hasn't been released named Country Oasis.
    IMG-2174.png
    IMG-2173.png
    IMG-2175.png
    IMG-2176.png

It seems like the person that made it probably wasn't supposed to release it yet and it probably was supposed to be checked for errors before it was released.
    Check out my twitter and tumblr
  • PlayerSinger2010PlayerSinger2010 Posts: 3,267 Member
    I want orchestras, not boring garage bands again. 🥱
    edited June 2022

That screenshot they show has a URL of ae.decipherinc.com, what is that supposed to be?

I looked into this and it looks like decipherinc is a company that does surveys and market research; companies can create their own urls for this purpose. The one above has AE instead of EA.. Not sure what to think of that.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Since there's going to be a High School Expansion Pack this Summer, I'm thinking of a few teen households like:
    Original Teen Wolf
    Original Grease
    X-Men
    Teen Titans
    The Facts of Life
    Original Footloose
    Ferris Bueller's Day Off
    Pretty in Pink
    The Breakfast Club
    Weird Science

Ok, I got a bit carried away. :D:p
    edited June 2022
    I never trust a site or person that says "this IS..." in a title over something that is clearly not confirmed by a legit source.

Talk about click bait.. UGH

Sorry, that is just a really big peeve of mine. I can't stand misleading titles..

• gamercatgamercat Posts: 208 Member
    I hope it's true but who knows if so I hope it has a lot of after school activities :)
  • superkyle221superkyle221 Posts: 1,119 Member
    If it is based on Grease that means cars are coming back, and that all of the cars will fly and that they can drag race. And then you're going to have three teenaged individuals coming up to you on their tip toes begging for pride ribbons for pride month, it was a good time.
    I don't remember how to change my signature.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited June 2022
    It's not that surprising. I always thought we would get a high-school pack at some point it was just a matter of when. Plus it was on a public survey for everyone like a lot of stuff we got came from surveys including the eco pack and all of the occults.
    I do still think it's wrong for someone to leak it this early (assuming it's true)
    Leaks close to reveal doesn't seem that bad and are somewhat exciting.
    But I know how much the devs like to surprise reveal once everything is in place.
    Could still be fake though.

And to answer the question by Onverser yes I do want to play active schools all the time. I imagine it would be more in depth then just sit in class anyway.
    Everyone went crazy for university. I still rember the rallies and I was so sick of people screaming university regardless of how uninteresting I thought the subject was 😂😂😂(still is)
    So yea I want my highschools and teens are my favorite life state.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(