Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Many Plan on Buying Paralives vs TS5?

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member
    I always check this thread every few months to see if the game is out yet but it still isn't. 🪦😂 Shocking.
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • davina1221davina1221 Posts: 3,656 Member
    I plan to buy both.

Thanks for putting this on; I'm out of it. Didn't even know they were taking suggestions. Unless something goes wrong, I will probably buy both. I'm not enthusiastic for Sims 5 at all. It isn't open world that I know of and well regardless of what engine it has the treatment in Sims 4 of getting hardly any "new" content, just now feeling like there's something to do in the Sims4 as opposed to the Sims3 where it was so varied that I had scores of possibilities(ie never bored with gameplay), and getting EP's half the size or less than the Sims 3(no houseboats/underwater/resort owning/resort making in Island. Pets in Sims 3 including horses, unicorns, dogs, cats, small caged animals, birds, pet rock, and fish as opposed to caged pets and cats&dogs being seperate. Supernaturals all together including plant sims, ghosts, aliens, graveyards(basegame) and all in CAS where you can choose in CAS any sim and make them what you want, and Being able to go to China, Africa, or Europe with all kinds of places to explore in all three places, real stores, real things to learn like nectar making, ect. as opposed to one place in Jungle Adventures, which I do love. It's just very clear that the Sims3 EP's have whole worlds in them with many properties and triple the features if not more than it's Sims4 counterparts.

My hopes for Sims5 is that they are as much open world as possible and that there are at least double the properties than the Sims4, if not more. Possibly that's why Sims 4 might be left running since Sims 5 might be in real engine and geared towards hopefully great computers so that people paying for all games can get a good gaming experience. That's worth upgrading a computer for and these days you just need a good gaming computer to play real tough games like the Sims, which is why many had issues with the Sims3, which I didn't have at all after I rid my game of cc. I hope that they go back to making quality EP's with the amount of stuff that should be in an EP like the Sims 3 did or at least a middle ground between 3 & 4.

I don't know what to expect with paralives. I'm hoping either the Sims or paralives will have sims that look more lifelike. It would be nice to have both.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited May 2022
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Just popping in my thread to update there is no new news. I suggest everyone interested in this game take a long, in depth look at their detailed RoadMap and it's many categories that have not been created yet. It will give anyone an Idea of how long it may take for this game to ever be in beta and or ever be ready for Early Access.

Just reporting there is no new news of this date that I'm aware of 5.21.22.

Here is just a reminder of what hasn't been done and will take forever....

🏡 Build Mode
    State: Core systems working

Most of the features are there but the tools for stairs, roofs and basement creation are still lacking. The majority of the furniture and objects to be included at release have not been created yet. The art style of the environment is currently being worked on.

See it in action 🎥

🌱 Live Mode
    State: Basic interactions working

The players can order the characters to make a few basic interactions on some objects in the house. We are now solidifying the interaction and animation systems before moving on the features like skills, needs, relationships, schools, careers and more as well as creating a lot more interactions and character animations.

*When looking at live mode roadmap, just remember of all they have listed under the Live category( in their RoadMap) that hasn't even been invented for this game, yet. With that in mind we might see TS5 sooner than this game.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • SimsILikeSimsSimsILikeSims Posts: 1,634 Member
    I don't know, I love Maxis, but I don't want a TS5 MMO and might have to jump ship and go with Steam's game.
    Update from what I have seen of Paralives so far: the characters look very 2 dimensional, but build mode is spectacular. So paralives and TS5 will be like comparing apples to oranges. It looks like Paralives will be more about building than anything else. Then again, the Sims started out that way in 2000. The interactions also appear to have more options than Sims 4 at this point. So I probably will end up getting both if I can.

As to TS5 and multiplayer/online: as long as they flesh out the majority of the game, which HAS to be playable offline, and don't skimp on offline development, I could see one travel spot to a common area. One world out of 10 or so. But the online stuff should NOT come out until at least the 4th to 6th EP. After Kids and Teens stuff, Dance/clubs stuff, Pets, Horses/Farm animals, University, Seasons, Fame, and nonstandard Sims (spellcasters, vampires, werewolves, mer-people, Plantsims, Bonehilda, Servo, or anything else that could be controversial if shared. Some things also need to be available when TS5 comes out; toddlers, pools, ghosts, dishwashers, sports, kids activities, cars/wheeled vehicles, and color wheel. Plus TS5 either needs to be open world or multiple worlds with loading screens between them. If there is going to be loading screens when entering a neighbor's house, it should not just be the same annoying load screen as everything else...it should show a door opening, and maybe a hallway with decorations or a set of stairs, or a footpath through a garden.

If a Sim is going to disappear off the edge of a lot without a car, have them wait at a bus stop or something, and show the bus pulling up and driving off. Or have them walk down into a subway entrance rabbithole. And PLEASE, do not let the Sims disappear BEFORE the elevator doors close...that is just bad design.
    I have been playing The Sims since 2001, when Livin Large came out. My avatar deliberately looks like Chris Roomies from TS1.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    Cinebar wrote: »
    Just popping in my thread to update there is no new news. I suggest everyone interested in this game take a long, in depth look at their detailed RoadMap and it's many categories that have not been created yet. It will give anyone an Idea of how long it may take for this game to ever be in beta and or ever be ready for Early Access.

Just reporting there is no new news of this date that I'm aware of 5.21.22.

Here is just a reminder of what hasn't been done and will take forever....

🏡 Build Mode
    State: Core systems working

Most of the features are there but the tools for stairs, roofs and basement creation are still lacking. The majority of the furniture and objects to be included at release have not been created yet. The art style of the environment is currently being worked on.

See it in action 🎥

🌱 Live Mode
    State: Basic interactions working

The players can order the characters to make a few basic interactions on some objects in the house. We are now solidifying the interaction and animation systems before moving on the features like skills, needs, relationships, schools, careers and more as well as creating a lot more interactions and character animations.

*When looking at live mode roadmap, just remember of all they have listed under the Live category( in their RoadMap) that hasn't even been invented for this game, yet. With that in mind we might see TS5 sooner than this game.

I love the roadmap!
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    And here we go again. They always post when something new is scheduled to be released for Sims 4. 😄

• pandabear1836pandabear1836 Posts: 2,269 Member
    Yes, I plan on getting Paralives as soon as it's released (possible 2021)
    And here we go again. They always post when something new is scheduled to be released for Sims 4. 😄

Those animations look good to me! I was hoping it wouldn't be too cartoony looking and I think it's a good balance of a little realistic looking, but not too realistic as to where it looks uncanny. It's nice to see some live mode footage, it's made me more sure about wanting to play it!
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Those animations look really nice! But those tumblr red faces are killing me
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,474 Member

The sad emotion animations look very similar to The Sims 4's or is it just me? 😅
    My Top Song of the Day: Fancy Footwork by Chromeo
    FwDXXd5.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

The sad emotion animations look very similar to The Sims 4's or is it just me? 😅

They all kind of remind me of the Sims 4😅
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    edited May 2022
    I love how commenters always say it looks so much better than the Sims when it looks just like the sims 😂😑
    People are desperate...
    Plus I feel like they picked all the same emotions as the Sims. To stand out and be different I would have preferred a wider variety of types of emotions.
    edited May 2022
    When paralives first started I expected them to be a totally different take on simulation games. Like the sims but their own unique version of it. With everything I've seen up to this point it really looks more like a ts4 copycat with some added promises that simmers want like color wheel. Even the timing of their announcements to match up with sims is weird😐
    edited May 2022

Thanks for posting this. It's been a hectic month for me in May. I'm behind on the news, lol. I don't know if they post something when Maxis is about to release something, because it's been several months since they actually posted any new video about things we hadn't seen yet. Just recycled some things as far as I can remember. It might be they release things when feedback gets louder about not showing us any new progress that we don't already know about. :#

Everyone says those animations look like TS4, sorry to disagree but no, they are much the boxed animations of most animations for that engine, Maxis doesn't have the patent on some animations and many can be purchased with that engine. But I really like them but not pleased they didn't show Maggie walking around objects but just walking and running in an empty room. Path finding has been on their list for many years now, I would actually like to see it. But great canned animations in my opinion.

ETA: What I would love to see next is two Paras talking and interacting together, from a normal conversation, then angry, then sorry, then make up whether friends and or lovers, and surprised by the other, and or frustrated with the other, or neutral to the other etc. I then might feel they had made a great deal of progress.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    With everything I've seen up to this point it really looks more like a ts4 copycat with some added promises that simmers want like color wheel.
    @Babykittyjade
    Is that a bad thing?

Lest we forget that the devs of Paralives are, themselves, simmers. Why else would they want to make a dollhouse LifeSim? We've all wanted a specific vision of The Sims, and they just have the drive to make theirs. But make no mistake- Paralives is no more a "copycat" than a child is to their parent, or one establishment is to another of its ilk. You can see the parent in the child, and the transition from one establishment to another is smoother because of the similarities, but that's where it ends. The art, the fundamental mechanics, the minute details, the heart behind it, etc. are all as different as one restaurant's menu, layout, and staff to another's.

I mean by that logic Digimon is just a Pokemon rip-off. Obviously Dragon Age is a rip-off of The Elder Scrolls. Let's not even mention CoD and Battlefield.

Regarding the animations, you may want to ask EA and Maxis why they've copied...pretty much every other media.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
    The animations remind me of TS2's animations more than TS4's over the top ones.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,709 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I was waiting for a tweet from them today. 😄

• Unicronplayz37Unicronplayz37 Posts: 16 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Now that Paralives is an actual real thing people won't have to deny it anymore (Steam has a whole page dedicated to it) will you buy it and or continue to wait on TS5's possible MMO? After reading all the job openings for Maxis new AAA game, it's very possible (looking like it's true) that TS5 will probably be multiplayer in some form or fashion..will you jump ship with Maxis?

I want to buy both, but i dont think paralives will be available on console🤷‍♀️
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,748 Member
    > @Cinebar said:
    > Now that Paralives is an actual real thing people won't have to deny it anymore (Steam has a whole page dedicated to it) will you buy it and or continue to wait on TS5's possible MMO? After reading all the job openings for Maxis new AAA game, it's very possible (looking like it's true) that TS5 will probably be multiplayer in some form or fashion..will you jump ship with Maxis?

I want to buy both, but i dont think paralives will be available on console🤷‍♀️

yeah they have no plans at the moment for console only on PC and Mac
    6adMCGP.gif

I love this. I'm so glad they thought of it to be honest. I have to use cc to do this in TS2. A wonderful modder created skirts and tops for females that can do this. The tops can be worn with most of Maxis pants or shorts etc. but not always. I do know how aggravating this can be when designing this for cc. So kudos for someone thinking about that before this game is released.
  • IvyeyedIvyeyed Posts: 358 Member
    TnT_Terry wrote: »
    I'm going to buy Paralives and Paradox Tectonic's game as soon as they are released because they'll be new and I'm very curious about them. Artstyle isn't as important as gameplay and I want to see how much depth and flexibility they have to customize them into my own playstyle. I'm going to wait with how TS5 turns out and how much of it is online as opposed to singleplayer (do you have to play multiplayer side to get new things for example) and if it is subscription based (automatic no).

Wait a minute, do you know something I don't know? I thought Paradox was a hoax, I mean I followed it for a good while and then there was absolutely nothing. PM me please and I can then connect with you on FB.

I know I'm responding to this months later, but the Paradox Tectonic studio is absolutely still going. Rod Humble announced he was taking a break from twitter to continue the project. The studio just posted a job opening for a 3D tech artist (for Unity, so we know what engine they're using). Amanda Forrest, co-studio founder, did a podcast episode with Goddess in Gaming a couple months back that I listened to.

Anyway, idk why it would have been a hoax. Even under the best of circumstances games often take longer to come out than anticipated, and this one was announced with an indeterminate but "soon" timescale like a week before a global pandemic ground industry to a halt, so.
    Sometimes I stream.

This EA account is shared between two longtime roommates. The one most likely to be writing here is me, the taller of the roommates, whose opinions do not always represent the opinions of the shorter roommate.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    I plan to buy both.
    I know I'm responding to this months later, but the Paradox Tectonic studio is absolutely still going. Rod Humble announced he was taking a break from twitter to continue the project. The studio just posted a job opening for a 3D tech artist (for Unity, so we know what engine they're using). Amanda Forrest, co-studio founder, did a podcast episode with Goddess in Gaming a couple months back that I listened to.

Anyway, idk why it would have been a hoax. Even under the best of circumstances games often take longer to come out than anticipated, and this one was announced with an indeterminate but "soon" timescale like a week before a global pandemic ground industry to a halt, so.

Love this

He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    edited June 2022
    Just popping in to say I looked again at the roadmap. I do that, lol. Only to say I look at what has to be finished (according to the Para Team) before Early Access. I haven't seen much movement on the long lists of things that have to be finished before we get a peek at this game.

For instance, just for my own counting crows or days or whatever, I again went into each category to see if all the things listed that are required to be finished (per their own words) hadn't really changed since the last time I looked. :/

Things they say they want finished before early access. This is the list and note all of these are huge, huge animation and coding projects and or asset creations etc. OMG, it may be years and years.

Paramaker: 22
    Build: 23
    Live:44
    General:10
    Mod Category: 5

All those are stated (have) to be done before Early Access. I think by the time someone wakes me up I will be as old as Rip Van Winkle. Or dead.

It's not that I want a buggy game, but since support for Paralives has been going on since 2019, and their projects just keep getting bigger and bigger instead of reducing in size of the amount of work needed this game may take ten years especially Live Mode.

Edited to Add: I like everything I see about build and resizing every thing even the Parafolk, but I really, really want to see this game come to fruition, if ever.
  • CoryMachCoryMach Posts: 1,122 Member
    edited June 2022
    AniSimmer wrote: »
    Neither Paralives nor The Sims 5 I don't want a game that is always online since that will make modding and CC impossible. In my opinion, mods and CC carry the games till the next instalment, and I wouldn't buy The Sims 5 until it had been released for a time, unless it was truly surprising.

I loved to mod games too. The last thing I want for The Sims franchise is to have a online-only game, taking away the ability to mod the game. If Lawrence Probst (Chairman of EA) ignores that, then he must sell the company to whoever will make The Sims 5 be able to be played offline.
  • izecsonizecson Posts: 2,875 Member
    So excited for the paralive development progress
    ihavemultiplegamertags

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top