Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Okay, crosspack play that isn't vampires.

1. Eco Living... fashion almost fits right in, and the right kind of werewolf would depending on lore basically be a druid anyway. So... Green Fiend definitely. And most of the furniture in the pack we have seen looks reclaimed as it is.
    2. City Living? Concrete Jungle, Urban Fantasy (just like with vamps). No real harmony between packs otherwise
    3. Get Together: Werewolves definitely exist in Europe and I could see a "Loner" living in that lot on the island with no roads to it.
    4. Cottage Living: 100% YES. This would definitely work. Both the Druid angle (living in Cordelia's hidden cottage probably or maybe in that reclaimed barn), as a Modern Horror version (like Dog Soldiers (the British werewolf movie)) and of course as Lone Wolf trying to come to terms with their nature (again, living in Cordelia's secret cottage).

Of course there are also silly variants like Werewolf Mad Scientist etc ;)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Saw "werebies cure" mentioned (but not it's the cure for lycanthropy). What is that, like Sims 4 version of rabies? Lmao
  • Options
    GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    I'm nervous about all this vampire/werewolf/spellcaster lore - I hope it doesn't interfere with my storyline/gameplay too much. I like to incorporate EA lore as much as possible in my story so hopefully I can find a way to integrate it in.
  • Options
    mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    I’m excited for the pack but the design of the wolves is giving Cats…
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Hey guys. I'm only just getting to join the conversation, so I'm sorry if I repeat something. But it definitely looks like there will be toddler centric interactions!!! Like howling and maybe teething.

unknown.png?width=326&height=427

That is the cutest toddler sim, ever!

I agree!!! <3
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Aquarius94 wrote: »
    Not sure if this has already been posted but it looks like we got all the CAS/Build/Buy stuff here

Not a huge fan of the lack of masculine clothes/hairstyles. Kinda hate that I'm also used to that.

Thanks for posting! I was just getting ready to do so myself. But I'm working the forums and my discord group at the same time, so I'm slow. Lol.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,333 EA Community Manager
    Not sure if this has already been posted but it looks like we got all the CAS/Build/Buy stuff here

Not a huge fan of the lack of masculine clothes/hairstyles. Kinda hate that I'm also used to that.

Thanks for posting! I was just getting ready to do so myself. But I'm working the forums and my discord group at the same time, so I'm slow. Lol.

These are viewable in the EA App if you search for the Werewolves game pack. In case you wanted to see the higher res versions.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    This looks solid. I'll be curious as to what the details are about traits and progression, but this is a big step forward.
  • Options
    SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,959 Member
    edited June 2022

Even though i kinda foresee it I'm sad the broken windows and boarded windows didn't make it to b/b catalog those would have been soo useful :bawling:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Not gonna lie, the lack of masculine clothes and hair is saddening.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    One worry of mine: I’m hoping the cross pack interactions aren’t too forced on creating friction between the various occults, especially for those of us who make mixed families. Maybe it could be an old prejudice or grudge?
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited June 2022
    Omri147 wrote: »

Funny, to me it looks like a lot of masculine clothes, I only see one top (a jacket) that clearly has well... shapes in the front.

Edit yep: The only jacket that is clearly feminine is the one at the bottom right (ALL other jackets and shirts are on a male frame), and that's in all other ways identical to another jacket in that picture so my guess is all jackets and shirts are unisex.
    Scars and tattoos are just on a female sim, they won't be female exclusive of course.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    So, I know people have said, "Oh, of course it's only five lots, because Vampires only had five lots." Which would be all well and good except that Vampires didn't come with any mandatory (or at least crucial) lots.

Here, though, we have only five lots and two of them are already taken up by a bar and a library. What's worse, it sounds like we can't necessarily get rid of them. The library, with apparently a special NPC librarian, sounds like it will be similar to the library in Strangerville, in terms of being something you have to keep, at least if you want to experience all of the lore and the gameplay. Similarly, the bar apparently has its own special NPC, which sounds like it's going to function a bit like the pub in Henford.

That only leaves three lots, and if you want to keep both premade wolf packs, at least in some form, you're probably going to need to have each pack associated with a lot, which leaves... exactly one lot to live in? That doesn't seem right at all.

I wasn't expecting a huge number of lots for a GP, and one neighborhood would be fine, but it would have been nice to have at least two lots to choose between.
  • Options
    LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I am going to use SO much of that stuff in my Haunted Camp.

Also, I like the 'cartoony' look, because it goes with the slightly cartoony look of the Sims this time.

New nails, new scars... And that hot leather jacket!

I can use 99% of those things in my builds.

We shall have to wait to see what cross-pack interactions will exist.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    So, I know people have said, "Oh, of course it's only five lots, because Vampires only had five lots." Which would be all well and good except that Vampires didn't come with any mandatory (or at least crucial) lots.

Here, though, we have only five lots and two of them are already taken up by a bar and a library. What's worse, it sounds like we can't necessarily get rid of them. The library, with apparently a special NPC librarian, sounds like it will be similar to the library in Strangerville, in terms of being something you have to keep, at least if you want to experience all of the lore and the gameplay. Similarly, the bar apparently has its own special NPC, which sounds like it's going to function a bit like the pub in Henford.

That only leaves three lots, and if you want to keep both premade wolf packs, at least in some form, you're probably going to need to have each pack associated with a lot, which leaves... exactly one lot to live in? That doesn't seem right at all.

I wasn't expecting a huge number of lots for a GP, and one neighborhood would be fine, but it would have been nice to have at least two lots to choose between.

Doesn't bother me at all because in my game all buildable lots belong to me. If I want to put 5 houses there, I will. If I want 5 bars, I'll have that. Or I might have one house and 4 lots that are empty except for trees and bushes.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    edited June 2022
    VeeDub wrote: »

Doesn't bother me at all because in my game all buildable lots belong to me. If I want to put 5 houses there, I will. If I want 5 bars, I'll have that. Or I might have one house and 4 lots that are empty except for trees and bushes.

Normally I feel that way... but it's a different story when the lots are specifically tied to certain gameplay that you can't get any other way.

ETA: it's not a dealbreaker for me. The pack still looks great over all. I'm just saying it's disappointing.
  • Options
    VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    VeeDub wrote: »

Normally I feel that way... but it's a different story when the lots are specifically tied to certain gameplay that you can't get any other way.

Well, that's true. I forget that sometimes because I very often ignore the game's play mechanics in order to do things my own way. :lol:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • Options
    Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Omri147 wrote: »

Funny, to me it looks like a lot of masculine clothes, I only see one top (a jacket) that clearly has well... shapes in the front.

Edit yep: The only jacket that is clearly feminine is the one at the bottom right (ALL other jackets and shirts are on a male frame), and that's in all other ways identical to another jacket in that picture so my guess is all jackets and shirts are unisex.
    Scars and tattoos are just on a female sim, they won't be female exclusive of course.
    I hope you're right. A lot of clothing items in this game fit one frame and have a weird texture on the other so I hope they didn't just leave it at that.
  • Options
    EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 340 Member
    @Amapola76

I'm also disappointed, but not really surprised, that Moonwood Mill only has five lots. I wish the devs would do a Supernatural EP so that we could get at least one proper large occult themed world. However, from the trailer screenshots it looks like the bar might just be a shell building/stall and not take up a buildable lot space.

FUQxhUZXsAAstla?format=jpg&name=medium

• Options
    bizuktagbizuktag Posts: 552 Member

I count seven tops that are on a female frame. If you zoom in, you can see the female sim's hair (a shoulder length bob) behind the collars of some of the tops.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top