Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    Amapola76 wrote: »
    Oooooooh... I really hope this is a throwback to The Sims 2. If I recall correctly, in TS2 using the telescope increased your chances of the lot being hit by a meteor, which could be fatal. (I lost one of my favorite sims this way.) However, you could also sell the meteor for $$$$$$. It would also be interesting if this time around, you could get new collectables from the meteor as an alternative to selling it. (I mean, I'd like both options.)
    Nah. It was a falling satellite, and you could only die from it by star- or cloud-gazing while laying on the ground. But it'd be great if they went with your idea for Sims 4.

If we do get a meteor, there could be a living creature inside. For any Pokemon fans here, you might remember that Kyurem came from a meteor crash-landing in Unova. And what's Kyurem? A dragon. BOOM! Dragons confirmed, baby.

Ah, yes, that's right, it was a satellite rather than a meteor. Same general idea, though, of being potentially crushed by something falling from the sky. I would be happy with either. As I recall, it was genuinely a bit scary (and I was already an adult by the time TS1 came around.) Like the sky would start to get ominously dark, and then there was a loud noise, and maybe even flames? Maybe I'm remembering it more dramatically than it actually happened. But it does seem like they could partially reuse some of the effects from the volcano/lava in Sulani, so maybe there's hope.

And it may have mostly happened by stargazing on the ground, but I'm absolutely certain it happened to my previously mentioned favorite sim while she was looking through her telescope. Maybe it was just more rare for it to happen that way. Or maybe my game was bugged. Regardless, I'm hoping the skull emoji is a hint to that coming back.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    Oooooooh... I really hope this is a throwback to The Sims 2. If I recall correctly, in TS2 using the telescope increased your chances of the lot being hit by a meteor, which could be fatal. (I lost one of my favorite sims this way.) However, you could also sell the meteor for $$$$$$. It would also be interesting if this time around, you could get new collectables from the meteor as an alternative to selling it. (I mean, I'd like both options.)
    Nah. It was a falling satellite, and you could only die from it by star- or cloud-gazing while laying on the ground. But it'd be great if they went with your idea for Sims 4.

If we do get a meteor, there could be a living creature inside. For any Pokemon fans here, you might remember that Kyurem came from a meteor crash-landing in Unova. And what's Kyurem? A dragon. BOOM! Dragons confirmed, baby.

@Amapola76 Is thinking of TS3.
    Death by meteor is a form of death in The Sims 3, introduced in The Sims 3: Ambitions.
    Using a telescope outside increases the chances of getting hit by a meteor.
    via https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Meteor

i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,374 Member
    For some reason I really like the broken mirrors.

werewolf-113.jpg
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member
    SimplyJen wrote: »

@Amapola76 Is thinking of TS3.
    Death by meteor is a form of death in The Sims 3, introduced in The Sims 3: Ambitions.
    Using a telescope outside increases the chances of getting hit by a meteor.
    via https://sims.fandom.com/wiki/Meteor

Well, it's possible that I was combining them in my memory, as I played both TS2 and TS3. But what I was picturing specifically was the first time I encountered some version of this, which was in TS2. As I said, one of my favorite sims died that way (though as I now recall, by satellite), which was also one of my first-ever encounters with Grim.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    crocobaura wrote: »
    [*] There's only one person in town who isn't a werewolf.

Which is NOT Greg.
    It's Celene López
    Therefore: GREG IS WEREWOLF!
    Now we just need to find out which werewolf

I think Greg is the person who lives on this lot and doesn't like werewolves.

but they said only sim thats not werewolf in town is Celene so either they're lying or Greg is werewolf

As far as I've seen, this is the only mention of Celene.

uX18OdX.png

It doesn't explicitly say she isn't a werewolf. Sure, it's the sentence after it mentions one none wolf townie which may lead us to think it's her.
    They are being mysterious about Greg though and this is ambiguous enough to be a red herring.
  • EdithVEdithV Posts: 859 Member
    Do you think Rory will be a male premades? I want some guys for my female sim 😚
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    5 lots is really disappointing. I would have need 7-8 to be satisfied. 3 for community lots, 2 for rival pack, 1 for my pack and 1 for myself. But I do like the idea of a one neighborhood world for this pack.

I don’t mind the look of werewolves. But I’m also not the target audience. I do always enjoy doing at least one play through with the occults. Hope there is a new death.

I’m getting this packs for the CAS/BB. Love the grunge style. The bassinet and toddler bed are so cute. But they really had me at a regular sized telescope.

Did they confirm only 5 lots? If so I'll reserve judgment until I'm staring at it on my monitor. I already had Henford planned as my fall back if the new world didn't work out.

Yes. 1 neighborhood, 5 lots. Like vampires pack.

Sounds like Henford it is. I won't entirely rule it out but I was ready for this.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member
    CelSims wrote: »

Which is NOT Greg.
    It's Celene López

but they said only sim thats not werewolf in town is Celene so either they're lying or Greg is werewolf

uX18OdX.png

It doesn't explicitly say she isn't a werewolf. Sure, it's the sentence after it mentions one none wolf townie which may lead us to think it's her.
    They are being mysterious about Greg though and this is ambiguous enough to be a red herring.

Okay fine you have a point maybe my english understanding failed me and Greg might not be werewolf

now we are back to zero again :sweat_smile:

just unveil the Greg darn it :lol:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Which is NOT Greg.
    It's Celene López

uX18OdX.png

Okay fine you have a point maybe my english understanding failed me and Greg might not be werewolf

Greg is a unicorn.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited June 2022

Which is NOT Greg.
    It's Celene López

uX18OdX.png

Your English is excellent, following strict English grammar you would expect Celine to be a none wolf.
    Either way, Greg in my head is a grizzled old human of a certain stereotype and will become so in my saves, heh.
    edited June 2022
    From what I could make out on this small screen, it looks like werewolves will have digging abilities. Do they have enhanced skills at finding collectibles? Are we getting some new collections?

I love that they can run on all fours!! I was really hoping they would be able too. I want to go home and see that trailer again, but this time in hires sooo bad!

AH-OOOOOOO 🌕🐺
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,836 Member
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    How am I supposed to wait until June 16th? UGH.
  • KimmerKimmer Posts: 2,374 Member
    Sims 3 werewolves have always made me laugh, they look more like wild boars with those teeth and an underbite. :D
  • LilNerdySimmersLilNerdySimmers Posts: 99 Member
    Are child get their werewolves form as well in this pack?
  • BooDaBoo5BooDaBoo5 Posts: 253 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »
    Sims 3 werewolves have always made me laugh, they look more like wild boars with those teeth and an underbite. :D

Omg they do! Now I can't unsee it😂
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Kimmer wrote: »

Except that wild boars are rather magnificent creatures compared to all the pictures I've seen of Sims 3 werewolves. :hushed:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    The world gives me rural Pacific Northwest vibes (either US or Canada) except maybe for the brick... love it
    Flannel! More flannel! Broken stuff! Scars! Dingy things! Graffiti in addition to those 3 graffitis I'm tired of from Get Together!

Lots of wolf-pack gameplay which is what I was hoping for the most

And WERE-TODDLERS

And the premades look cool too.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member

Preorder? That's very... unusual for GPs... Now I wonder why is that so...
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Now I can finally turn off Werewolves in my Sims 3. There were so lame, but funny.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,946 Member

Which is NOT Greg.
    It's Celene López

uX18OdX.png

Greg is a unicorn.

Greg is dragon so I don't need to wait another 5 years for dragons
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top