Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

TS4 Werewolves Gameplay Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Comments

• dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    At least you gameplay and CAS fanatics have some clue whats coming...us build and buy freaks have no idea!!LOL
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    Just waiting for the trailer, don't know when I will have the opportunity to play but I will have a blast reading about everyone else playing as well. This one of the things I really enjoy with the forum, when a bunch of us explore a feature together.
  • RavenSpitRavenSpit Posts: 1,387 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    I've put the render quickly through Photoshop and gave the werewolf black/dark grey fur (which is more common) and it's helped quite a bit. I think the brown fur gives it that 'feline' look people have been saying

NySLo7g.png
    Anyway I'm a fan of the way they've approached the werewolves, much better than previous iterations of the Sims imo.. And you can't please everyone it's impossible :D

Yeah the furcolor was pretty foxy or maybe more like a dog than a wolf, I didnt find it to look like a feline tho.
    I dont have a pic right now but look at the werwolve statues from the vampires pack, they look waaay scarier than this, granted they do have a different pose.
    At any rate, luckily customization is a thing and hey, a Werfox in the mix is also nice.
    Gallery ID: ra7orrat

• catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    95 Minutes!!!!
  • EvvieSimmerEvvieSimmer Posts: 134 Member
    Trailer is finally happening today~~ I'm so excited to see how many options we get to make the wolves in CAS!
  • SilentKittySilentKitty Posts: 4,665 Member
    RavenSpit wrote: »
    I've put the render quickly through Photoshop and gave the werewolf black/dark grey fur (which is more common) and it's helped quite a bit. I think the brown fur gives it that 'feline' look people have been saying

NySLo7g.png
    Anyway I'm a fan of the way they've approached the werewolves, much better than previous iterations of the Sims imo.. And you can't please everyone it's impossible :D

Yeah the furcolor was pretty foxy or maybe more like a dog than a wolf, I didnt find it to look like a feline tho.
    I dont have a pic right now but look at the werwolve statues from the vampires pack, they look waaay scarier than this, granted they do have a different pose.
    At any rate, luckily customization is a thing and hey, a Werfox in the mix is also nice.

Yeah, werefox is fits as well. Better than cat for me at least.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Well, when people were sharing those hyper-muscular, gnarled and dark, drooling images from other types of media on here, I knew some were going to be disappointed. None of that fits the aesthetic of this game, and underneath it all, it still has to be a sim. But, I don’t think the cover version is all we can do with this. The covers are always very humorously friendly. Let’s wait and see what CAS offers.
  • GracieO312GracieO312 Posts: 1,292 Member
    Ah I'm nervous! I want there to be lots of customisation for werewolves but I'm worried there won't be :pensive:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    About an hour away now? We got the Queen's Jubilee off today, so no work for a lot of us in the UK... just waiting for the video for a bit of excitement 😁
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    One more hour, really excited especially for the world.
    Such a striking sim on the cover, loving the hair and her shoes.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    35 mins? or so
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    edited June 2022
    [30 Minutes!!!![/b]
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »
    35 mins? or so

I envy you. Two hours plus until my next break. Assuming I don't explode with anticipation and frustration before then. I hope when that break comes there's going to be awesome werewolves for me to see, and that they're not hosing what's left of me off the walls. :D
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    Take a bathroom break.
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    I don’t see a cat, nor a fox or lynx.
    I see a Sims wolf.
    People need to get the hollywoodized beasty image out of their heads, it’s not phasmo, it’s not meant to be scary.

What people have been conjuring up about looks of werewolves throughout the years is just based on fear and how to make people scared of wolves. My guess it originated from a scared farmer who got his sheep’s eaten by a wild wolf.
    Imo werewolves have always just been humans in wolf form, looking just like wolves.

Sorry for being a negative nancy.
    I’m just getting affected about everyone else’s negativity regarding the looks of the poor wolfy. Which imo looks great!

A quick google search brings up tons of not at all scary very obviously wolf based werecreatures. It's not about not being scary for all of us. It's simply a bad rendition of a cartoon wolf. Long snout, slightly turned up nose at the end, shorter and wider ears. This would make a wolf. That is more like a fox.
    Now if the trailer or livestream shows that CAS enables you to make a cat or a fox or a wolf version then great! Options for everyone. First glimpse should probably have shown a wolf though.
    Personally I will be able to have fun changing my idea into Vampires v Furries. But had werewolves been my favourite and I'd waited 8 years for them? I'd want them to look like a wolf.
  • BubblegumjonahBubblegumjonah Posts: 118 Member
    35 mins? or so

I envy you. Two hours plus until my next break. Assuming I don't explode with anticipation and frustration before then. I hope when that break comes there's going to be awesome werewolves for me to see, and that they're not hosing what's left of me off the walls. :D

I second simgirl. Take a bathroom break!
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member

NySLo7g.png

Ah yes do u mean this one?
    06-02-22-11-55-48-PM.png

That is terrifying lmao but yes I hope there is a ton of customisation to make them look more like that as well
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    ChadSims2 wrote: »
    The first image of the world gives me Friday the 13th vibes I would much have preferred a slasher pack now I want one and it will never happen. As many have said no body hair I guess at this point its time to give up hope of it ever coming seeing as they went the furies route with the werewolves its never going to happen since Generations is also a no.

It occurs to me that if body hair is coming in a base game update in the patch before, it wouldn't be shown on the pack cover. I wouldn't give up hope for that just yet.
    If there is a live stream I expect them to slip in a quick glimpse at some body hair just before the end.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,811 Member
    35 mins? or so

I wish it was that easy but I'm about to be swamped with work. I'm going to have make the best of it.

Pray for me.😁
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,947 Member
    edited June 2022
    35 mins? or so

I wish it was that easy but I'm about to be swamped with work. I'm going to have make the best of it.

Pray for me.😁

Don't worry werewolves will not go anywhere they will still be running wild once the work is over :sunglasses:
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,543 Member
    @DaniRose2143 no, no, forget the work!

*sits in toilet cubicle wondering what those wolf noises are from the next cubicle along* 😄
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,837 Member
    35 mins? or so

Pray for me.😁

Thoughts and prayers. 🙏🏼
  • Amapola76Amapola76 Posts: 1,904 Member

NySLo7g.png

People have talked a lot about the fur color and general appearance in terms of how menacing this wolf looks (or doesn't), but I would also note that in trying to match it to what we think is its human counterpart, they also seem to have been trying to match the facial expressions. The girl (the human form of the wolf, we think) has what I would characterize as a wry but gentle half smile. So if they are going for approximately the same expression on the wolf's face, to underline that it's the same person, then of course it would not be a particularly menacing expression.

In other words, I think as we get into actual gameplay, the werewolves may look a lot scarier as their facial expressions change during certain types of gameplay... or as we give them different personality traits! Maybe this is a cheerful sim! I suspect a hotheaded or evil sim may look quite a bit snarlier in their wolf form.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    Amapola76 wrote: »

NySLo7g.png

People have talked a lot about the fur color and general appearance in terms of how menacing this wolf looks (or doesn't), but I would also note that in trying to match it to what we think is its human counterpart, they also seem to have been trying to match the facial expressions. The girl (the human form of the wolf, we think) has what I would characterize as a wry but gentle half smile. So if they are going for approximately the same expression on the wolf's face, to underline that it's the same person, then of course it would not be a particularly menacing expression.

In other words, I think as we get into actual gameplay, the werewolves may look a lot scarier as their facial expressions change during certain types of gameplay... or as we give them different personality traits! Maybe this is a cheerful sim! I suspect a hotheaded or evil sim may look quite a bit snarlier in their wolf form.

I agree. I think the point of the werewolf’s coloring and it wearing the bracelets was to associate it with the girl. And, since it would match the females frame, it’s probably thinner and less muscular than is possible in CAS.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top