Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which season do you start a new save with

Comments

• kusurusukusurusu Posts: 971 Member
    It varies
    The one we're currently in (more or less)
    My SuperSim Collection: Rosetta Stone · Sona Ali
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,934 Member
    Spring
    Usually Spring, though I don’t start that many new games.
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    edited May 2022
    Spring
    crocobaura wrote: »
    I do wish we had the opposite of Mt. Komorebi, a permanent summer world, where we could escape to when the cold and rain gets to us, because I've noticed that in regular worlds seasons just stay the same wherever you go, in Sulani it rains a lot during winter and in Oasis Spring it snowed but didn't settle on the ground, and sometimes you just want to play in the sunshine.
    For the longest time I've been complaining that we have so many hot worlds, but no cold worlds except for a single neighbourhood in Mt. Komorebi. But now that I think about it, you're right, at least that one neighbourhood is perpetually winterish, whereas there's no eternal summer world... So, yeah, something like that would definitely be in order. Perhaps if we ever get fairies, they'll come with a world similar to Sylvan Glade, always warm and no precipitation. Right now, I can't count Sylvan Glade itself or the Magic Realm because they're not residential.

On topic: I've only started one new save since Seasons came out, and I seem to recall that I picked spring, the same first season I picked after installing the pack. Spring makes a lot of sense to me as a starting season because it's mild and unintrusive and gives me time to properly set up my sims and everything else before having to worry about the weather. Summer and winter can get extreme depending on where your sims live.

Edit: @crocobaura Something that just came to mind: If you have StrangerVille and are willing to put up with zombies roaming the streets and tendrils coming out of your bathroom appliances, you can technically have an eternal summer world by playing in StrangerVille at moderate or maxium strangeness. The weather isn't exactly sunny, but at least it's warm and you don't need to worry about rain.
  • leo3487leo3487 Posts: 4,062 Member
    Spring
    Spring. For me sound logic
    Seem the game take in count your selection. As I start at spring, then end if winter is end-of-year day
    Maybe due it sound more logic? Father winter comes few days before end of year
  • GlacierSnowGlacierSnow Posts: 2,301 Member
    It varies
    I've started saves in all the seasons. It kind of depends on which world I'm going to have the new sims live in, and what I want to be able to do with them first.
    Forum-Banner-01.jpg
    Seventeen & Maldusk Forum thread link
    My name on AHQ (and the upcoming sims forum) is "GlacierSnowGhost".
  • SelinaKylesSelinaKyles Posts: 4,337 Member
    Spring
    Haha it would totally freak out my ocd personality to start anywhere but Spring.
    Lmao this is my reasoning too :D
  • Mariefoxprice83Mariefoxprice83 Posts: 8,106 Member
    Spring
    Almost always spring so it's a new year.
    Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven.
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    Spring
    Since most of my sims are gardeners and growers, I naturally start in the spring so the growing season will be the longest until winter. But now I have Carl's most excellent gardening mod where all the plants grow in all seasons, so I don't have to worry about the growing season anymore. Plus, it's the farthest away from Christmas and New Year's. :p
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Spring
    Spring, but it's not saying much cause I play all my households in the same save. I did reboot once, so I have had to make that decision a total of twice..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • StuffyMarxStuffyMarx Posts: 330 Member
    It varies
    I wish some worlds had reversed season like how it’s Winter in Australia when it’s Summer in Europe for example.

As an Australian, I agree. Christmas in winter is completely alien to me. Christmas is for the beach, lazy afternoons in the sun enjoying a food coma.

It'd be nice to be able to adjust the weather a bit (not so much with the weather machine). What I mean is having mild winters and hotter summers for latitudes closer to the equator, or maybe having just a wet season / dry season as in the tropics. Just a thought.
  • Lisamango0Lisamango0 Posts: 150 Member
    It varies
    For me it depends on the game/story i'm playing. Most rags to riches kind of plays I start out in autumn ( harvestfest you know!)!
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    Spring
    Spring, but it's not saying much cause I play all my households in the same save. I did reboot once, so I have had to make that decision a total of twice..

Similar to me with my one save. 😄
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Spring

Similar to me with my one save. 😄

Ha, I thought I was the only one! :D
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • ThriorThrior Posts: 612 Member
    It varies
    Well I kinda play only one save but if I did not I know it'd vary. Especially if I was doing something specific like a challenge. In TS3 I recall doing homeless challenges which were customized so they had only winter and autumn. Sometimes perpetual winter (mwahaha!).
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,284 Member
    It varies
    It really depends on which save I'm starting, frankly. I tend to play my Cantrell family repeatedly, since my overall goal has yet to be reached. Sometimes, I'll start them in the summer,(with the kids out of school thanks to MCCC) to give the budding Rock Star a chance to build up fame, write music, et al. Other times I've taken them to the top of the school year, by starting in the Fall. This latest save I started in the Fall. Erik managed to write music and gain fame without having to have all day, every day in the summer weeks, which surprised me. I no longer use the 21-day seasons mod, since that was interfering with how the Starlight Accolades played. I miss it, but two weeks per season is working out okay.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    Summer
    I always start with Summer because of the plants and trees. My Sims usually start on the Hallow Slough lot because it's near a community garden, picnic tables with grills, a small park with chess tables, three fishing spots, and a variety of collectibles. The Goth family is always deleted right after my Sims get settled so I don't have to deal with a Welcome Wagon.
  • ModerateOspreyModerateOsprey Posts: 4,875 Member
    Autumn
    Only done it once.

Bought seasons, which I love, fired it up. Selected Autumn. Gave me Spring and Summer to look forward to and watching spring emerge from a long winter is always great, imo.
    Awake.
    Shake dreams from your hair
    My pretty child, my sweet one.
    Choose the day and choose the sign of your day
    The day's divinity....
    The Ghost Song - Jim Morrison
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    You really are bored
    I had to choose this option because I am at work and I really AM bored while hoping for more info on the new GP. :D That said, I had forgotten you can choose the season you start with. I'd probably choose Spring or Summer, but it would really depend on what my initial plans were for the new save.
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2022
    You really are bored
    I've been playing the same save for 5 years; typically, I will do a save as. It has taken years of gradually building and remodeling lots as well as replacing premades and townies.

Some things that have made the game enjoyable for me are:
    1. Seeing full worlds with my Sims walking around.
    2. Knowing that every family or Single Sim has the right build for their needs.

When I did start, it was in Spring.
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • lizisprocrastinatinglizisprocrastinating Posts: 125 Member
    Spring
    99% of the time spring, unless I'm doing a challenge where I don't start with a house then I sometimes choose summer.
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,119 Member
    Spring
    I rarely start a new game because I have base saves. I tend to gravitate toward spring because it just feels more natural. Spring is the first full season of the year (for us in the north-western hemisphere) so it just makes sense for me. Plus, my sims don't freeze to death or die in from a heatstroke if I decide to keep the weather setting on.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • YautjagirlYautjagirl Posts: 351 Member
    Autumn
    I usually start with autumn, because I love Halloween/Spooky day <3
    I didn't start new game in years now, because I play my whole save rotationally, but my rotations are set for every autumn as I play my rotations for full sim year.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Spring
    Usually spring time, so it’s not too hot like summer, but not too cold like winter. It’s just right. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    It varies
    I too gravitate to spring as first choice, but I've also found that I have a tendency to use my RL season, probably because if I'm cold and bundled up, my sims will start out that way too.

This is me as well.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • blueyblueskyblueybluesky Posts: 1,364 Member
    Summer
    I always start mine in Summer, I just like to start in a nice sunny season.