Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Did You Become Active On The Official Forum?

2...Next

Comments

• CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 seems like you've been here forever. And that's a good thing. :)

Thank you @simgirl1010. 😁
    I’m after receiving my ninth anniversary badge and it certainly feels like I’ve been spouting nonsense on here for longer than that. Truth is I didn’t even know what The Sims was before 2013 and that the forums existed until 2020. I don’t deserve a badge but it’s good to be here all the same!

I wish we could exchange forum badges for game content! EA/Maxis, you owe me at least 9 kits just for me being here. 😜

Simmingal wrote: »
    EDIT: I mispelled a name. Shame on me.

Why did I read this as if you were singing A-ha - Take on Me

Shaaame on meeee ~
    (Shame on me)
    🎵

I was! I was indeed singing it A-Ha style and I imagined that the motorcycle sidecar race in the music video (one of the best music vids of all time!) was a kids tricycle race raced by adult men in hot-dog suits. Backwards…🌭

• JunkyPoemJunkyPoem Posts: 135 Member
    As a long time simmer (20+yrs), been using the forum for awhile (wkly highlights, how-to's, bugs, etc...) but finally joined last year in August.

I'd rather be gaming than commenting about it. However, the rollercoaster of 4 gave me motivation to include my view. And now, I'm hooked on Townie Fashion Police, Lots & of course, Unpopular Opinions.
  • crimsonnclover324crimsonnclover324 Posts: 73 Member
    I've been simming so long, that my Sims 1 save games are older than most of my adult children. :D

I joined the forums in 2009 but only lurked and used it for troubleshooting bugs in my Sims games up until 2019'ish. That's when (like most people) I was stuck indoors and no one to talk to. It's been a lot of fun exploring how creative simmers are in both the game, creating mods, designing and storytelling.

Some of my favorite threads are latest screenshots, what happened in your game today and the game glitches screenshots!!
    OriginID: crimsonclover324
    YachD4h.png
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    Profile says Dec 2014. That doesn't include the many years on the TS2 forum when it was active.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2022
    October 2015?? How can it be almost 7 years already???? I was active on the old Sims 2 BBS forum (I LOVED that forum and wish it was still around) since that's the game I play the most. I must not have been that active until the last 2 years due to the pandemic because I only have 784 posts. I mainly post in the Sims 2 forum but I will offer help on the Sims 3 and 4 forums because I briefly played those also.

I have been playing Sims games since Sims 1 on PC and have played on smartphone/tablet (Android, Kindle Fire, and iOS), PC, Sony PSP handhelds, PS4 (briefly), Nintendo GameCube, Wii and every Nintendo handheld since the GameBoy Advance. I'm patiently waiting for the developers to decide they want to port the game to the Switch. I think the only current platforms I haven't tried the game on are the XBox and Mac LOL
  • FinvolaFinvola Posts: 1,041 Member
    March 2012. That must have been when I first started playing TS3. I had played TS1 before that and due to moving abroad and starting completely over I missed the whole TS2 era. Got back into Simming I guess at the end of 2011 when I got Sims Medieval as a Christmas present. Then I ended up buying TS3 base game/ambitions duo. So that must have been when I bought and registered the game. I think I was mostly a lurker for years. I think I'd pop in to look up something every now and then. Don't think I really started posting until a few years back and even still I only post from time to time but I'm no longer a lurker.
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,176 Member
    edited June 2022
    I became a member of the official The Sims 2 BBS in May 2006 but I wasn't really active.
    The bulletin board system was a nightmare to follow a discussion, I was more active on MTS/InSIM/MATY forums.

TS3 forum was a good way to interact with the Store team and with TS4 SimGurus began to read our ideas and talk to us a little.
    Now it's the only forum that I use for The Sims.

The other reason that I left the other forums is because I don't create mod/CC anymore so I don't look for tutorial and help for creators.
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • Missmagoo2Missmagoo2 Posts: 1,254 Member
    edited May 2022
    I've made it to my 9th anniversary back in Feb, but looking at my badges, it looks like I didn't make my first post until a year later! I'm pretty sure I did browse TS3 forums/site, but I don't think I ever posted anything. And I was too young to join the original Sims or TS2 sites on my own.
    Like SJM? Like Kpop? Like Greek Mythology?
    ☆゚.*・。゚ Follow me on the gallery ☆゚.*・。゚ Origin ID: Missmagoo2
    O(≧▽≦)O

(I work with CC so make sure you check that box to see my "hidden" content!)

L'uinversSims profile: https://luniversims.fr/profile/46983-missmagoo2/
  • MichelleWMichelleW Posts: 665 Member
    My name is my actual name so clearly I've been here a while. I sort of come and go, most recently I started being active on the forums during the pandemic, early 2020.
  • comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    edited May 2022
    I wanted to share ideas for the game 2015 and no I was on no other fan site for the sims for comics I was though.
    more for sim kids and more drama please
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I signed up on the official forums in September 2021, so not long ago. But I didn't really start reading the threads or conversing until a few months ago. I am not sure when, but I would guess 4 or 5 months..

I don't know dates, but I was in forums on TSR during the Sims 1 days.
    I was on TSR and then over to MATY through the Sims 2 days.
    Then I discovered the forums on MTS and was there for Sims 3.

I came here because the life seems to have died down a bit on MTS. I use to just lurk a bit, but when I saw that the gurus posted info and such, I decided to create an account.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I became active during the time when the Sims 4 launched.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    I signed up in January 2014 but didn’t become properly active until about six years later. I did post occasionally during that time, often when I wanted to ask a question about something gameplay-related, but it was only really in January 2020 that I started doing stuff like sharing my stories with people.
  • MoonlightGrahamMoonlightGraham Posts: 884 Member
    edited June 2022
    Compared to many of you, I am a new arrival. My first anniversary is coming up next week.

My rediscovery of The Sims games as a pandemic pastime brought me here, and it's been a fun place to hang out for the past twelve months. I've been a member of other forums where the atmosphere was absolutely poisonous, where bullies and trolls ran rampant. This community has been exactly that: a community, where a group of us who share a pastime hang out and simply have fun.

I can see how some of you have felt like remaining active, more or less, for years. Thanks for the good times so far! Here's to more fun in the months and years to come.
    Exie hay, cavero, veebo marz viremzico.
    Exie hay, cavero, mabza meeah vendarzo.
    Yevsas mairzeemo!
  • SweetieWright_84SweetieWright_84 Posts: 4,120 Member
    According to my profile, I joined in September 2012. I was a lurker, until a few years ago.

I didn't come into the franchise until late into TS3, around a year or so before TS3: Supernatural released. That was the first pack I ever bought. I guess you could say, I'm still new although I feel like I've been here for decades...in a good way.
    Gallery ID: SweetieWright_84--Save File Thread--Youtube Channel
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    I joined in March 2021. I was active on another Sims fansite from late 2019 to summer of 2020, when I first got into SimLit but I got bored of it and the lack of variety of challenges and stories there, so after a long break found a new home I guess. I prefer the creative side of this forum to the one I used to be on.
    they/them or she/her
  • ehaught58ehaught58 Posts: 2,765 Member
    My profile says May 2009. But, I think that is the date they started the official “The Sims Forums” and everyone who was on the previous forums joined on or after that date. Actually, I have been a member and builder since the first Sims Forum.
    fkgck4xkargo.png
    "If you build it, they will come." - Movie: Field of Dreams
  • TawkTawk Posts: 23 Member
    I've only just became active now, on this forum.

I was very active on the Sims Online, many years ago. But I've been away for a long time from the Sims.
    Then a few years ago, I came back, with the Sims 4.
    I tried Sims 3, but for me, it just doesn't compare to the amazing realism of Sims 4.
    I'm really hoping that Sims 5 will come out, with Multi-Player of some sort, so I can enjoy the game with my family and friends, each of us building our own places in a community.
    I just feel the game is far more enjoyable if played with others.
  • canitbemancanitbeman Posts: 396 Member
    Well technically I became active in 2000 on the Sims 1 BBS! B) I became active with this account in 2009, when EA opened The Sims 3 fourm to the public early by mistake. :D
    in7xjb5WX7PIyv2bAPK9om-UpQ6lu50OmTOOMedFkabQlJ6WAblttI-YkjpbwbaMsZYP99rvrxYZYvusuoiZY9kgoOukGZu8miL-x4i5Vjt_4VS982WP32Goc22ldJNMZMCL6b2pKA=w2400