Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• Options
    DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,845 Member
    edited May 2022
    “Howl you doing” makes me happy for some reason

It makes me very happy and I know the reason why. Ahoooooooo🌕🐺
  • Options
    OOH... what if the "messages" are from different werewolves???

"Howl You Doing?" ;) + "Will you be my fated mate?" could be a flirty Werewolf.

"Forgive me my dear Avelina" + "For I can not do this without you" is a tortured, brooding werewolf talking?

They are setting up a romantic backstory for this. Werewolves, jilted lovers, lustful howling in the moonlight....I am so there for that.
  • Options
    MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member

"Forgive me my dear Avelina" + "For I can not do this without you" is a tortured, brooding werewolf talking?

They are setting up a romantic backstory for this. Werewolves, jilted lovers, lustful howling in the moonlight....I am so there for that.

I would honestly love it if that's what they're doing here.
  • Options
    edited May 2022

If they don't, I will. I might have a second romance story thread soon.
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member

My beloved Avelina, I am so sorry I have cursed you.
  • Options

Okay.. now this is conjuring up images of a sick Avelina and her spouse (who went to a mooncaster?) to save her and turning her into a werewolf was the only way to do that????

Or that's what your comment makes me think of. Lol
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member
    edited May 2022
    Yeah. I was thinking something like that. When we saw the first message asking her to forgive him, I thought maybe he was leaving her behind. But then he says he cannot do this without her... that does sound to me like he forced her to join him - and I'm thinking that feels like he was a werewolf and bit her so he wouldn't be alone with the "curse".
  • Options
    Hm... that's also sounds like a very real possibility.... either way, it seems like it's a love story with some kind of tragedy.
  • Options
    mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    I am wondering if we might get a vampire overhaul with the new werewolf pack, hence the mix messages ;)
  • Options

That was exactly the thought I had earlier when I laid out my theory about Forgive me and will you be my fated mate is this man apologizing for what he's done to her. Avelina is warning him that Greg is coming and will do him harm.
  • Options
    MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member
    Leowyld wrote: »
    Yeah. I was thinking something like that. When we saw the first message asking her to forgive him, I thought maybe he was leaving her behind. But then he says he cannot do this without her... that does sound to me like he forced her to join him - and I'm thinking that feels like he was a werewolf and bit her so he wouldn't be alone with the "curse".

Long story short (currently in my head):
    They fell in love, she got very sick and the only option to save her was to turn her into a werewolf like him. She was against that, and at first, he didn't want to do that, but he became selfish and was afraid of losing her/being abandoned by his great love, so he took that decision away from her and turned her against her will.
  • Options
    I'm my mind Greg is Avelina's jilted lover out for revenge.
  • Options
    Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    Howl You Doing

Werewolf Joey from Friends? Except.... fiends?
  • Options
    LeowyldLeowyld Posts: 73 Member

I was thinking about it. What if the Beware of Greg line is another joke like Howl You Doing. A play on Beware of Dog - but instead of "dog" it is "Greg" (because he's a werewolf)
  • Options
    TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    Avelina was turned into a werewolf by the person who wrote the message because he couldnt do this alone (He was also a werewolf). Then from lovers they became enemies.
  • Options
    Wait!!! What if Greg is just the Don Lothario of Werewolves??? :joy:

Just kidding about that one, but I am interested in seeing why we have to "Beware of Greg"
  • Options
    GordyGordy Posts: 3,022 Member
    "My beloved Avelina, I am so sorry we haven't gotten dragons yet. I've tried for 8 years, but I'm afraid I will have to keep trying for another 8."

Hauntingly beautiful, Sims 4.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • Options
    AlpacapybaraAlpacapybara Posts: 32 Member
    The trope of infecting yourself or others to recover from sickness and/or avoid death is a pretty popular one. Why, isn't that the plot of Morbius, considered to be one of the films to have ever existed?

So, a man 'cursing' his lover so that she may live could be what happened here, "I can't do this alone" is something often said on deathbeds in pop culture. (Of course, alternatively it could mean a werewolf ritual that needs two to do it, a mate. But that seems weird in the context he is sorry? Would he force Avelina to do that ritual if that was the case? Feels like going into weird places if that was the case)

Of course, werewolves are also often linked to vitality and healing factors, perhaps they will come able to avoid all deaths but ageing and hunger, a bit in contrast with vampires who avoid ageing.
  • Options
    JALJAL Posts: 1,038 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Just had to say - this is hilarious. I really hope the GP turns out to have an entertaining backstory.
    @rosequartz Thank you! I had a lot of fun writing it. Of course now in my head the story just keeps adding on.

"Beware of Greg"
    Greg, the drunk werewolf: "Howl you doing?" (wiggles his eyebrows) "Want my recipe for grilled Luna Fish?"

Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • Options
    Leowyld wrote: »

I was thinking about it. What if the Beware of Greg line is another joke like Howl You Doing. A play on Beware of Dog - but instead of "dog" it is "Greg" (because he's a werewolf)

It's possible but if they're building a romance backstory there could easily be someone in Avelina's life that is coming for her. Maybe she was willing to be turned but now is having second thoughts but she still loves the werewolf and doesn't want to see him killed. Greg may be an ex-lover, maybe Avelina ran away from Greg to be with this guy, or Greg is a relative coming to kill the werewolf and rescue Avelina.
  • Options
    EA_CadeEA_Cade Posts: 7,336 EA Community Manager
    The trope of infecting yourself or others to recover from sickness and/or avoid death is a pretty popular one. Why, isn't that the plot of Morbius, considered to be one of the films to have ever existed?

So, a man 'cursing' his lover so that she may live could be what happened here, "I can't do this alone" is something often said on deathbeds in pop culture. (Of course, alternatively it could mean a werewolf ritual that needs two to do it, a mate. But that seems weird in the context he is sorry? Would he force Avelina to do that ritual if that was the case? Feels like going into weird places if that was the case)

Of course, werewolves are also often linked to vitality and healing factors, perhaps they will come able to avoid all deaths but ageing and hunger, a bit in contrast with vampires who avoid ageing.

Maybe it's a crossover?

The Sims 4: It's Morbin time.
    Found a Bug? Let us know here. Having a technical issue with your game? Reach out to us here. 9alz5vu73pb0.png
  • Options
    bixtersbixters Posts: 2,299 Member
    All the teasing and hints is quite exciting :)

I'm thinking they're either going with Norse/Pre-Christian Europe or Native American mythology, since they're two cultures we don't have in the game yet.
    Native American could be Skin Walkers or the Wendigo, which is a cannibal bird/beast hybrid.

I'm a bit concerned about how they would sanitize werewolves or shapeshifters to make them "T" for teen. I didn't play them in The Sims 3, but normally I thought werewolves ate people?
    In Skyrim, werewolves gain more points based on how many humans you "devour".
  • Options
    edited May 2022
    Ten Parts Wolfsbane To Three Parts Moonpetal

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top