Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

SimGurus Are Hinting Something. 🤔

Comments

• CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member
    edited May 2022
    Mooncasters is worrying me into considering that they may have shoehorned the Fae and Were's into the same pack. Which would maybe be ok for an expansion but not for the amount of content in a game pack. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Oh another possibility, a shaman type occult that would be able to do some magic and shapeshift. That would be ok for me. I could still play them as werewolves. As long as they fully change shape. Worried lol.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    CelSims wrote: »
    Mooncasters is worrying me into considering that they may have shoehorned the Fae and Were's into the same pack. Which would maybe be ok for an expansion but not for the amount of content in a game pack. Hopefully I'm wrong.
    Oh another possibility, a shaman type occult that would be able to do some magic and shapeshift. That would be ok for me. I could still play them as werewolves. As long as they fully change shape. Worried lol.

Fae aren't really moon related though? At most I can see it being a general shapeshifter. Most of the hints so far have been pretty heavy towards werewolves (and something about frogs, but that may not be relavant).

I feel like fairies would require such different animations/rigging that itd have to be a separate simstate.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member
    The frogs hint is worrying me. All the hints before were very much werewolf clues, I'm not sure how frogs fit into that?

Could be hinting at an alchemy skill more similar to ts3 supernatural? If the moon globe thingy comes back maybe the philosopher's stone will too + the symbols i their clue.

Or maybe instead of zombies destroying your garden on a full moon, we'll get frogs. 🤷‍♂️
  • TTNsimmerTTNsimmer Posts: 669 Member
    I think they are going for shapeshifters in general. Maybe there will be different options to customize the wereform like wolf, feline, reptilian or amphibian characteristics.
    BlueR0se wrote: »

Fae aren't really moon related though? At most I can see it being a general shapeshifter. Most of the hints so far have been pretty heavy towards werewolves (and something about frogs, but that may not be relavant).

I feel like fairies would require such different animations/rigging that itd have to be a separate simstate.

A little cynicism on my part. The cheapest way to do the Fae would be to stick a bunch of pretty wings in cas and reuse RoM stuff. I don't expect they'll come out with anything remotely Fae like when they do fairies.
  • LJKLJK Posts: 257 Member
    I will give them this, this is an incredibly fun way to hype up a pack. I like puzzles and mysteries, it reminds me how they hyped up Strangerville. I look forward to tomorrow. Anyway, according to some brief Googling, "mooncasters" are guitars. But that's obviously not what they mean (unfortunately, as I would love a band GP). The frogs hint is confusing too. I'm not going to get my hopes up, as I wouldn't be surprised if this does not mean Werewolves or a GP strictly about Werewolves, like Vampires was. It does seem rather "occult-like", though.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited May 2022
    The frogs hint is worrying me. All the hints before were very much werewolf clues, I'm not sure how frogs fit into that?

Could be hinting at an alchemy skill more similar to ts3 supernatural? If the moon globe thingy comes back maybe the philosopher's stone will too + the symbols i their clue.

Or maybe instead of zombies destroying your garden on a full moon, we'll get frogs. 🤷‍♂️

Could be, someone earlier tossed out the possibility that the frogs could be part of a cure for werewolves. To me alchemy would be perfect to add in a RoM refresh rather than here. I still think the frogs hint at the world we're getting or are a decoy.
  • MilutinMujovicMilutinMujovic Posts: 1,188 Member

I do hope you're wrong as well. I want the whole game pack to focus solely on werewolves.
  • ZussageZussage Posts: 141 Member
    edited May 2022

I do hope you're wrong as well. I want the whole game pack to focus solely on werewolves.

I doubt they'd put in two occults. Rather I think we will get werewolves, or else "Mooncasters" which are just shape Shifters with more animal options but including a wolf.

If it's too broad a topic it makes it difficult to define gameplay style, and makes it too similar to a spellcaster without much to differentiate them.
    Zussage wrote: »

I doubt they'd put in two occults. Rather I think we will get werewolves, or else "Mooncasters" which are just shape Shifters with more animal options but including a wolf.

Shape shifters makes me uneasy. That's how many different forms that have to be created and modeled? 3?4? More? That would be an invitation to cut corners and we get a bunch of TS3 hairy humans and their various other counterparts. If they can do it and make each form look like folk lore says they should, great, I would welcome that.
    I'm still thinking they're using the Cats & Dogs already programmed stuff to give us were cats, dogs and wolves. The moon could have something to do with how they change form or choose their form. The animal form would be controllable, potentially inducing those who were disappointed with C&D to buy it. MLP all over again, but with occults. :p
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    I'm still thinking they're using the Cats & Dogs already programmed stuff to give us were cats, dogs and wolves. The moon could have something to do with how they change form or choose their form. The animal form would be controllable, potentially inducing those who were disappointed with C&D to buy it. MLP all over again, but with occults. :p

I do believe they will at least use the "paint custom design on fur" tool they use on pets for werewolves. I believe there was an update to the text of that recently so I wouldn't be surprised if they use that for the mooncasters.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Maybe the "There were mooncasters here" phrase has more to do with something in Moonwood Mill's past lore- maybe it's related to how the werewolves received their ability to transform. Maybe Mooncasters are not an active occult but a past occult that is only ever referred to and never actually makes an appearance.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    RoseQuartz wrote: »
    Maybe the "There were mooncasters here" phrase has more to do with something in Moonwood Mill's past lore- maybe it's related to how the werewolves received their ability to transform. Maybe Mooncasters are not an active occult but a past occult that is only ever referred to and never actually makes an appearance.

That makes sense and I would love for some backstory.

Reminds me of Chilling Adventures of Sabrina: there were lot of stories about ancient clans that used to live in areas now habited by newer generations of witches and older gen would have messed up with humans by transforming them into wolves or clairvoyants.
  • Darkshadow608Darkshadow608 Posts: 156 Member

The spellcasters who created the werewolf curse? It is hinted in the vampire history skill that vampires were cursed into being, if there is a lore update, perhaps tiny detail that could get linked?
    edited May 2022

I like that better than what my mind read into that. There could still be mooncasters. The phrase "There were" could be alluding to the fact that they once were there, then disappeared, now they're coming back and this is the time and these are the new mooncasters.

• RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Yeah, @Darkshadow608, that's what I was thinking.
  • KokoaMilkKokoaMilk Posts: 267 Member
    Thinking about the frogs... I would love to have frogs like bunnies in CoL! I love having them around the garden
    My reluctance over shape shifters or mooncasters is it potentially waters down the werewolves, and what we get isn't the best werewolves possible. If we get shape shifters or mooncasters, great, I'll happily take more occults. But what I really want, and what I think a lot of people want is the very best werewolves they can give us, not something that is full of compromises to crowd in more stuff. The werewolves are the stars of the show, or should be, and hopefully are.

We'll know soon enough.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    The name is very similar to Sims 3 Moonlight Falls.

Yes it is.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,949 Member
    edited May 2022
    crocobaura wrote: »
    Simmingal wrote: »

Those crossed rings probably represent eclipses, given the rest of the symbols represent sun, moon, stars, half moons, etc.

I mean I may be complete noob in decoding secret messages :tongue: (hopefully i won't have serious real life use for that ever :lol: ) but werewolf weddings in the moonlight? I shall attend. :sunglasses:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • pearlbhpearlbh Posts: 313 Member

If citrus stale, eat other root.
    Fate, woe be it!

A werewolf eats wolfbane when nothing else is available; woe be their fate.

As a ski snacker, Alps raid le 246.

French Alps. Loup-Garou.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)
    edited May 2022
    pearlbh wrote: »
    Fate, woe be it!

A werewolf eats wolfbane when nothing else is available; woe be their fate.

French Alps. Loup-Garou.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it. :)

I'm with you on Loup-Garou but I feel a swampy/boggy world. I learned the legend of Loup-Garou from Cajun culture not surprising given their French heritage. I thought swamp world from the frog reference.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    Atreya33 wrote: »
    Leowyld wrote: »
    "Alps raid le 246" just makes me think of April 26th coded. Heh.

Hopefully it doesn't mean we have to wait till 24th of June because in the alps that would be 24/6

Most likely. I hate when dates are written like this because it's the opposite of how we write them in the US which is 6/24.
  • EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    I don't get the significance, if any, of GrimSuruDoi's quote.

Fate, woe be it!
    (xoxo)

I'm not sure on the citrus part, but the root I believe is referring to wolfsbane (aka "monkshood" ?) and the "fate, woe be it" likely refers to that wolfsbane is considered toxic to werewolves in various legends/mythos and it's kind of a "you CAN technically eat it but good luck/you will regret it."

It's gotta be werewolves. Plus, I just got major Harry Potter vibes from reading this. LOL Wolfsbane and Monkshood are the same plant. I remember this from Sorcerer's Stone LOL

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top