Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which game has the best soundtrack?

Comments

• LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited January 2022
    The Sims 1
    I would pick the non-existent “all of them” or “1, 2, 3, and 4” option, lol. They are all so good!
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,175 Member
    edited April 2022
    The Sims 2
    I also like the credit music of TS2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtI68yNU5T0

The Sims 2 Bon Voyage - Jeannie Ortega : "When love Walks Away"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU7ngB54ET8
    Post edited by LeGardePourpre on
  • RandomizedSimmerRandomizedSimmer Posts: 19 Member
    Due to me only having played TS4, I find the CAS, MENU, BB and WORLD MAP music very relaxing, especially strangerville's and island living's.
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    The Sims 2
    For some reason I was only thinking in terms of Simlish songs on the radio, so I clicked The Sims 2 prematurely. I think The Sims 1 has the best soundtrack overall. I listen to it when I'm cleaning my house / daydreaming about being rich. :lol:
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    The Sims 3
    Love the sims soundtracks
  • Ray_TraceRay_Trace Posts: 509 Member
    Do I really have to pick one? They're all amazing and a joy to listen to.

For me, Sims 3 probably has my favorite Buy mode music, I really love the bubbly orchestrated goodness it has. A Ball of Yarn is my favorite overall.

https://youtu.be/zH3hspjc66o

But that doesn't mean I don't love Consumerism Simplified

https://youtu.be/ruv2N-d1hew

Or Aisles of Smiles

https://youtu.be/kMUpRil0dAY

I still find myself humming to Sim Time Sim Place in the Sims 2 even though that's my most recent played game so I don't know its music all that well.

https://youtu.be/cnlfCI2qi7I

And Sims 4? Great too. Snowy Escape's music is such a joy to listen to.

Sims 1? Has Sims Superstar. I absolutely adore how its music got put into Spore Galactic Adventuresunder "Pump-U-Up" and ended up being one of my favorite songs to put without realizing it was from The Sims!

A1hnP0t.png
  • SimSpockSimSpock Posts: 273 Member
    The Sims 1
    The Sims 1 soundtrack was perfect for what the game was supposed to be.
  • movefan89movefan89 Posts: 60 Member
    The Sims 3
    Sims 3 has good simmlish songs that I loved
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    You didn't have an, "I have no idea cause I never play with it turned on" option.
    The first thing I do in every video game I ever play on any device is go to options and turn off the music. Except The Elder Scrolls series..
    I do enjoy some of the music from the in game radio though..
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • cale2003cale2003 Posts: 2,802 Member
    The Sims 2
    I think all of the games have enjoyable soundtracks however I would have to say my top choice is a close draw between Sims 1 and 2, I think 2 is my favourite but I like how Sims 1 kind of sounds like 1950s music or something like that.
    PC Specs:
    Asus ROG GL753VE-BS71 17.3 inch
    Intel Core i7 7700HQ 2.8-3.8GHz
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    128GB SSD
    1TB 7200RPM HDD
    NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 1050 TI 4GB
    6685561181.png
    Rogers Ignite 70u internet
  • AdamBurtSimsAdamBurtSims Posts: 37 Member
    The Sims 4
    Well, never played last three, So The Sims 4 and it stuck in my head.
    I'm a British Geek who love Bella Goth, Behr sisters, Liberty Lee, Summer Holidays, Pleasant sisters and other Sims wafius/girlfriends. And like his Sims cats.g8pvk4adgueh.jpg
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    The Sims 1
    I sometimes listen to Makin' Magic soundtrack when I lay in bed, do the dishes or something else. And I love to listen to Superstar soundtrack when I work out or do yoga! It such a great soundtrack for that :blush:
  • MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    The Sims 3
    All of them. But Sims 3 is the most nostalgic to me.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • Gamer_34567544Gamer_34567544 Posts: 1,300 Member
    The Sims 3
    Only played 3 and 4, but 3 had better music.
  • simsinmysleepsimsinmysleep Posts: 651 Member
    The Sims 4

I do get really happily nostalgic when I hear Sims 2 and 3 music (I didn’t have the 1st Sims) and some of the tracks I really love, but I gotta say, I like Sims 4 music the best. There’s a new track (I guess from HSY) that makes me think of Springsteen’s E Street band every time I hear it - the saxophone is glorious (RIP, Clarence Clemons.)
    KGLsNuM.jpg
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    The Sims 2
    Can't speak for TS3, but all 3 of the others have tracks that are - for me - great, neutral and duds. One of my favourites is from TS2, no idea of the name, but it has a haunting quality that brings images of long coal trains winding their way through Appalachia. Can even hear tie 'woo-oo' in the distance. Will leave that on even if done whatever brings the music up. For TS4 it's one that came with the magic pack. There are different versions and there is one that sounds like a movie theme. Would be perfect if my book ever became a movie. The music has a sound that is both mystical and majestic, which captures the book's theme perfectly.
  • nanashi-simsnanashi-sims Posts: 4,140 Member
    The Sims 4
    Based on radio songs alone: I love the TS2 soundtrack, but with the variety of music that TS4 has... it edges out for the win :D

If it were just the OST, TS1 is the best, because any time I hear the TS1 soundtrack, I have a Pavlovian reaction--instant joy and a smile.
  • CordeliaBeaufortCordeliaBeaufort Posts: 76 Member
    The Sims 1
    I was between Sims 1 and Sims Medieval.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    The Sims 1
    1 and 2. But 1 is the most unique. That piano! I wish modern games would have that charm.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • EthropturEthroptur Posts: 53 Member
    The Sims 1
    TS1's OST is home to some of the most iconic video game music of all time, and for good reason. The music is fantasticly timeless, and it alternates between goofiness and classical elements excellently.
  • octotigeroctotiger Posts: 64 Member
    I still like the original Sims music to this day. I sometimes play the Sims 1 primarily to listen to its music and read the fun descriptions of objects in buy mode.
  • dominimpdominimp Posts: 162 Member
    The Sims 2
    >:)

This is a loaded poll.

I really like the Sims 2 radio and build/buy music though. I can relax to the classical and college rock / new age stations endlessly. The electronic stations are also top.

I also like the simlish tracks of Sims 4 and the Menu music on Sims 3.

Sims 1 had good EP music too. (One game I can't relive except for the music).

So again, if I had to choose... Sims 2 has more of what I like (music wise for The Sims)... But they all have their moments. It is hard to really pick just one.

>:)
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    The Sims 2
    Sims 2, when Freetime came out with custom radio stations I was ecstatic. I overloaded the folder and caused massive lags but hearing my favourite pop songs was epic! 😊

Later games haven’t captured the same feel. I can’t remember Sims 1 except the Latin channel. Loved the music!
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞