Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

When Did You Become Active On The Official Forum?

Β«1
simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
I joined the forum in 2009 but didn't start to post regularly until 2014, when TS4 released.

For The Sims, TS2, and TS3 I spent most of my time at Neighborhood 99, a Sims fan site, where I was a moderator. Some of the other sites I frequented were The Sims Daily, Sims Crossing, MATY and Black Pearl Sims.

Edited to add: Also were you a regular at any other fan sites back in the day?
Post edited by simgirl1010 on

Comments

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I played a little Sims 3 in 2011 or 2012 (I think?) but it didn't interest me much, and I never looked at any Sims fan sites or forums at that time. I started playing Sims 4 in mid-2019, and occasionally looked at the Sims site for news or info about updates/patches. I also checked the forums to keep up with the broken mods threads once I started modding my game. But I didn't create a forum account until December 2020. I've been active ever since, though I don't post every day (though sometimes it might seem like I do, lol). I usually do look in at least once a day, though.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,885 Member
    edited May 2022
    June 2019 my profile informs me :lol:
    though I think I got more active around 2020
    when i changed computer and started new save and posting about it

my oldest posts are really just about vladdy daddy i think
    cause i had Vladdy daddy save back then
    which then broke in some patch so i started the new one

and well i also wanted new save
    cause i didn't want to keep looking at my sims i had made with bad graphics
    and hence shrunk down quite a bit to see any detail in them
    they look freaky to me now :lol:
    hopefully my stories have improved now too :lol:
    Post edited by Simmingal on
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion πŸ¦‡ Vlad Advocate πŸ‰ Team Dragons
    🏑 Gallery πŸ“– Stories 🌍 World Project πŸ₯” MOD/CC Free
  • Calico45Calico45 Posts: 2,038 Member
    My profile says June 2020 and I didn't believe it at first because it felt like much longer. I played the games basically my whole life, but rarely ever engaged in any sort of online chat; so I knew it couldn't have been that long. Still 2 years seemed pretty short. Therefore, I actually scrolled back all the way to my first comment on the forums and it jogged my memory.

2020 definitely was when I became properly active on the forums, but I browsed for news and updates prior which is why it felt like I had been here longer. It takes a lot for me to make an account for anything and this forum was no different.

I remembered the reason I finally did was because something was broken with the game and I couldn't find any information on it. My history informed me it was because the gallery went down then. I hardly ever even enable the gallery/online connection for the game. It was quite the coincidence that the one day I did it was down, and I might not be have an account today if it had not happened.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,648 Member
    I signed up in October 2015 according to my profile page. I didn't start getting really involved and posting until February of this year. I didn't lose the new member tag until then. I wouldn't call myself a lurker during that time I wasn't posting, I checked now and then. I did make a couple of posts during those years, but only like three or four maybe. And I might go months without checking in. Then I came in here one day made a few posts, met a new friend, and I've hung around since.

Looking at my post count I certainly made up for lost time. This week really padded the post count. Being on vacation and trapped indoors because the weather picked this week to rain, and I mean biblical amounts of rain, and turn cold by May standards. Looking through the comments I must have posted something like 500 times this week alone.🀣 Some might say get a life. I say to them I'm having loads of fun with this one thank you.
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    Officially, on official forums back in 2005.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,547 Member
    edited May 2022
    I joined in 2013 with Sims 3. I didn’t really participate much due to work time and a sporadic play schedule, but looked in to get news on bug fixes, updates, and to monitor TS4s progress. When I retired and had more time for the game and forum activity, I became more of an active participant. That’s been about a year and a half. Even now, when I work to cover other therapists, my game time and forum activity will drop.

I used to help moderate a large Sims FreePlay tips and tricks Facebook group. I quit participating there when I quit playing FreePlay.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    In 2018. That was a very good year, because that's when the Canadian "Red Tape" was finally lifted & I was able to get the Gameplay & Stuff Packs. All I & my daughter was able to look forward to up until then was only the next Expansion pack & this was way back to even before Island Living.
    So, when I was able to finally start getting other types of packs, I based them by theme & what I wanted 1st. It was so wonderful. ;)
  • QueenQuntyQueenQunty Posts: 2 New Member
    > @simgirl1010 said:
    > I joined the forum in 2009 but didn't start to post regularly until 2014, when TS4 released.
    >
    > For The Sims, TS2, and TS3 I spent most of my time at Neighborhood 99, a Sims fan site, where I was a moderator. Some of the other sites I frequented were The Sims Daily, Sims Crossing, MATY and Black Pearl Sims.
    >
    > Edited to add: Also were you a regular at any other fan sites back in the day?

I've been playing sims for almost 8 years. It definitely different now but I love it. I've always read the forums for info and such but just actually joined today! Still figuring out navigation on here but it's cool. BTW An issue I'm having today- Can anyone tell me why I can't place fences Inside of others? My lot has an enclosed fence. Trying to put a fenced garden in a section and it's not allowing me? This has never happened to me before? Is there an update idk about?

Thanks!
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    edited May 2022
    I think I joined in 2015? I'm lazy to check my profile lol but I know it was around the time I heard ts4 was out or going to come out.
    I had a crappy laptop from my uncle and couldn't really play ts3 from all the glitches bugs and crashes so I had stopped playing it all together when I spent hours building a house from scratch by the beach, then went running with my dog towards the ocean for the first time in awe. I was so desperate and excited to reach the water and it crashed right before I got there😳
    I don't know why that memory haunts me πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

So I was excited after I learned about ts4 and decided even before I brought it that it was going to be my dream game. But I never used the forums in any way. Totally forgot about it. Not sure when I started reading stuff and posting but I know it was sometime after strangerville. And I became active because I didn't know anything about any packs coming out or info about the packs I had so it was all a guessing game lol

I know a lot of people are disappointed with ts4 compared to older versions and I do think some aspects are missing but ts4 has never really disappointed me.
    Never gave me major bugs or crashes that wasn't cc induced and continues to perform well and make me happy. It did after all, turn out to be my dream game.🀭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member
    edited May 2022
    From the Sims BBS? I think thats what it was called back then. Was that 2000? Then every forum since. No memory problems here. Ha ha
    I remember Neighbourhood 99! Not sure if i was a member though.

Hmmm Maty , I can't remember the first Pescado forum but was there. MTS, Sims Resource and the list goes on. How I ever found time to go to work is a mystery.
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,451 Member
    edited May 2022
    June 2020. Covid-19: Full Lockdown.

Rather than just...staring into the void - as one would- I decided to do a bit of forum lurking instead. This is when I discovered the Nifty Knitting deep-dive thread. Now, if I had been a Sims 4 toddler, I'd be an inquisitive one. If we could choose TWO traits instead of one, I'd also be an angelic little toddler ... o:).
    Alas, I am not a toddler, I'm an adult - however, it is fair to say that I am an extremely inquisitive one. Due to my inquisitive nature I love behind the scene threads/ docus, etc. and finding out about the origin of ideas and following the process of how stuff is produced etc. etc. is truly enjoyable. I find other people's creativity to be very inspiring. Etcetera.

Did I want a Happy Haunts stuffpack instead of one about Knitting? Absolutely. I don't know how to knit but I do know how to haunt happily, so twas an obvious choice.
    But, hey, folks insisted virtual knitting was more important plus I had to self-isolate (if I wanted to avoid arrest) and so this is when I learned how to appreciate the idea of knitting in The Sims 4. I deemed it crucial to let SGConor know how much I enjoyed his Deep-Dive thread. You know, words of acknowledgement, encouragement 'n all that. It's great btw! I miss threads like that. I really do. Consider this a hint.

Anyway, I tried to sign up here only to find out that somehow I was already a forum member since 2013?! Took me 7 years to realize. I was like: "Oh. OK."

Below you can find my thank-you post, which was also my very first post on the official forums, on page 4 of "The Sims 4 Community Voted Stuff Pack Deep Dive: Nifty Knitting" -

FIRST-POST.jpg

Hereby I'd like to Thank Simguru Conor again for Paranormal, the final (and best) stuff pack (so far).
    More of this please! o:)

EDIT: I mispelled a name. Shame on me.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,701 Member
    @Babykittyjade it's just one click on your avatar name. πŸ˜„ You joined in 2012.
    From the Sims BBS? I think thats what it was called back then. Was that 2000? Then every forum since. No memory problems here. Ha ha

Hmmm Maty , I can't remember the first Pescado forum but was there. MTS, Sims Resource and the list goes on. How I ever found time to go to work is a mystery.

I was only a lurker at MATY. Never posted. That was a brutal bunch and I didn't want to get my feelings hurt. πŸ˜„
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    @Babykittyjade it's just one click on your avatar name. πŸ˜„ You joined in 2012.

Lmbo oh!! πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚ wow I'm surprised myself.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Last August I made an account to participate in the Sims 411 forum feedback on challenge and depth in the base game.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Karababy52Karababy52 Posts: 5,952 Member
    I was active for a little while on the old BBS system in 2005 but stopped going there due to some rather unkind ageist remarks by a few other members.

Not long after that, I joined a TS2 forum I found from reading an ad at the end of a story on the Exchange. Eventually, I became a Staff member and then the Admin/owner when the founder of the forum left. The forum is closed now, but I have many fond memories of that Golden era in the Sims.

Fast forward to July 2014 when I rejoined the official forums once I heard a new iteration of Sims was coming out soon. :)
    @CAPTAIN_NXR7 seems like you've been here forever. And that's a good thing. :)

One of my first posts/discussions was The Sims 4 Happy Play Thread.
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/837334/the-sims-4-happy-play-thread/p1

Those first months of TS4 were vicious on the forum. If you think the weekends here can get sort of unruly it was a battleground back then. I just wanted to create a thread for players to share their enjoyment of the game. I enlisted the help of a couple of lovely simmers, @luthienrising and @Hermitgirl to help me police the thread and report toxic behaviors.
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2022
    I joined in 2017, one of my first posts was on a thread that was from 2014, so I got a warning that I was necroposting. :D

After that, I think I became a little more active a couple of years later. I have always liked taking pictures in games, so I started posting some, and then I noticed that there were threads about it, pretty soon I enjoyed visiting the forums and discuss different things.

I was never really a simmer before that, I like variety but I often see myself coming back to the sims and even if I don't play the game as much as I used to I still enjoy visiting the forums.
  • BluegayleBluegayle Posts: 4,175 Member

I was only a lurker at MATY. Never posted. That was a brutal bunch and I didn't want to get my feelings hurt. πŸ˜„

I kept a pretty low profile as well. LOL
    "Every child matters. If we fail our children, we are bound to fail our present, our future, faith, cultures, and civilizations as well."
    ZO6GpFg.jpg

AHQ Champion
    edited May 2022

Why did I read this as if you were singing A-ha - Take on Me

Shaaame on meeee ~
    (Shame on me)
    🎡

You're drunk simmingal go to sleep
    (not that i even drink)

Shaaame on meeee ~
    (Shame on me)
    🎡

(not that i even drink)

Extra points if your hairstyle matches Phil Oakey of the Human League or Mike Score from Flock Of Seagulls while singing that.
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    I joined these forums when they started, but I was on the other forums before then and came from there, so I joined sometime in the early 2000s.

Shaaame on meeee ~
    (Shame on me)
    🎡

(not that i even drink)

Extra points if your hairstyle matches Phil Oakey of the Human League or Mike Score from Flock Of Seagulls while singing that.

* Flashbacks to when i was just teenage gal and had pixie haircut so every morning i would be greeted by new mike score lewk to tame*

Gladly now with longer hair only my bangs do that sometimes :lol:

Shaaame on meeee ~
    (Shame on me)
    🎡

(not that i even drink)

* Flashbacks to when i was just teenage gal and had pixie haircut so every morning i would be greeted by new mike score lewk to tame*

Gladly now with longer hair only my bangs do that sometimes :lol:

When you mentioned A-ha it was over for me, I was back in those days instantly. My aspirations were lower hairstyle wise, I just wanted to be Susanna Hoffs from the Bangles. I'm a brunette too, so....achievable.