Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Goths Do You Prefer?

Comments

• JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    What, I missed this. There are new Goths :D ? Are they on Gallery or in the game?
  • Horrorgirl6Horrorgirl6 Posts: 3,183 Member
    No you don't get Other option.
    Jadeleine wrote: »
    What, I missed this. There are new Goths :D ? Are they on Gallery or in the game?

They are in the game.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    Jadeleine wrote: »

They are in the game.

if you start new game the household is replaced by the new version
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • ImSandsImSands Posts: 332 Member
    @tatselk - I did the same! New Mortimer is a vast improvement over the old one but I'm attached to old Bella. I've just adjusted the skin tone a bit to match the new version.
  • viola-illyriaviola-illyria Posts: 182 Member
    I prefer my own makeover for the family.
  • tatselktatselk Posts: 519 Member

@shellbeme Thanks for the kind comment!

@ImSands Great minds think alike lol :D

Yes, New Mortimer finally looks like his suave, debonair-looking self from TS1!

Also, I like Old Bella more than New Bella because New Bella looks abit "flat" and ordinary-looking. Not at all like the strikingly beautiful character she is supposed to be. Like you, I just gave Old Bella a slightly darker skintone for consistency.
  • ScrapdashScrapdash Posts: 1,233 Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    After a bit of thought I prefer the new family.
    I never played the Goths in Sims 4 because they just didn't feel or look like the Goths. This version is better imo.

Initially I thought Bella looked older, but she does resemble her past self, the original Bella always had a darker skintone.
    Mortimer is great.
    Not sure about Cassandra. She's much softer looking and less edgy than previous sims, she needs some work.

But Alexander. Poor lad. To be fair the aged up Sims 2 Alexander had an unfortunate face. Maybe that's what they were going for.
  • xoJessixoJessi Posts: 1,859 Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    I like the new (or a mix). Alexs skin tone is wrong, Morty looks better, Bella looks more goth like and Cassy is fine, although I miss her wacky Sims 2 pigtails
  • NikkihNikkih Posts: 1,758 Member
    edited May 2022
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I prefer the original goths, bella with her iconic dress, this new Bella is an imposter 🤣 i won't be starting a new save until I really need to lol
  • BK747BK747 Posts: 174 Member
    It is abundantly clear that they created Alexander as a child and did not think to age him up and check what he was going to look like as a teen and older before shipping the updated family.

Whenever creating children in CAS, I always start with them as a teen, make sure I'm happy with their appearance, and then age them back down because in my opinion Sims 4 children never really give you a true sense of what the sim in going to look like in the future.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    One more reason to be thankful my primary TS4 installation hasn't seen the internet since Discover University. And that the more up to date one hasn't been fired up in I don't know how many months.
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    BK747 wrote: »
    It is abundantly clear that they created Alexander as a child and did not think to age him up and check what he was going to look like as a teen and older before shipping the updated family.

Whenever creating children in CAS, I always start with them as a teen, make sure I'm happy with their appearance, and then age them back down because in my opinion Sims 4 children never really give you a true sense of what the sim in going to look like in the future.
    Ironically they did the same with child Bella in Sims 3. They wanted to make her look super cute as a child but then she grows up to have big bug eyes and weird lips. So seems to be a reoccurring thing with the Goths.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    I actually don’t mind the new look.

I will put Bella back in her proper red dress though.

I just put a bag over Alexander as well tbh 😂 or sometimes he wears a bear costume 🐻.
    Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Hearts4uHearts4u Posts: 1,775 Member
    edited May 2022
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I only know the TS4 version. Premades and townies get deleted in my game or given a makeover. Because I liked Bella and Mortimer's look, I kept them.

I prefer the va-va-voom look of Bella Goth and her peculiar odd looking older husband.
    Bella.jpg

Mortimer.jpg

I used the genetics in CAS for their kids.
    Alexander
    Alexander.jpg

Cassandra
    Cassandra.jpg

Elliot
    Elliot.jpg
    Post edited by Hearts4u on
    Origin ID: littlebonnieblue
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,945 Member
    edited May 2022
    Old Version (2014-2022)

I just put a bag over Alexander as well tbh 😂 or sometimes he wears a bear costume 🐻.

He is actually having bear phase in my game and its driving me crazy cause ive had way too much bear phase lately and it just won't go away

i guess unbearable sadness moodlet is kinda handy tho given the story I'm trying to do
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • Atreya33Atreya33 Posts: 4,422 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    Thetford wrote: »
    I think this base game outfit combo would have worked better as a substitute for her dress, without looking too out of place for an everyday outfit. Also, I think flats work better than the party heels, and the lighter stockings with the seem at the back. Finally, I think she needs less clunky jewelry.

L7V9lYk.png

I like that outfit. Really classy and still a strapless red dress. I think I will dress her up like this in my game. Thanks for the nice outfit.
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member
    edited May 2022
    BK747 wrote: »

Look really closely at him in CAS. I swear the child aged version is just a middle aged man who had his head transplanted on to Alexander's body. I notice it most when he turns his head at certain angles. Sometimes it just seems so very wrong for the body it's attached to.

When you see it you'll know and you'll never unsee it.
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • Jordan061102Jordan061102 Posts: 3,918 Member
    edited May 2022
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    People don't like changes. I think they are pretty fine now. If those were the ones in the Basegame, and they would have updated them with the ''old look'' people would have complained. Personally, what there is to really complain about, is the fact that they didn't improve the lore nor their personalities. That's my real concern.
    Lu4ERme.gif
  • IVXXXVIIVXXXVI Posts: 140 Member
    edited May 2022
    I'm okay with the new Goths (except Alexander) but I won't really see them in my game because I play one save at a time and it was created before their arrival :D . Oo8Ldud.png

Edit: Forgot to mention these are my own version of the Goths that's why I don't bother changing them to the new ones
    Post edited by IVXXXVI on
    Hp85Jmm.gif
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    If that's what EA gave us, the Bella in your shot looks like someone I know, and she's in her early 60s. Nice going, EA.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    I have to admit that I'm very bad at keeping up with updates, so I don't understand the question; what new Goths?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    edited May 2022
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    @Nate_Whiplash1 a new version of the Goth family was added to the game.

Just changed appearance.
  • Nate_Whiplash1Nate_Whiplash1 Posts: 4,116 Member
    @Nate_Whiplash1 a new version of the Goth family was added to the game.

Just changed appearance.

Thank you
  • mcruddmcrudd Posts: 11,696 Member
    edited May 2022
    Justine Keaton but Goth
    I remade my Goths in the sims 1 version. Unfortunately because of no colour wheel I could not match the clothes exactly like I did my sims 3 version, but at least Cassandra is wearing a school uniform.

My sims 3 Version of sims 1 Goths
    QF58e1D.png

My sims 4 version of sims 1 Goths
    4Qo7pFS.png
    JTxRbA1.png
    FbCirSK.png
  • DarkLady2788DarkLady2788 Posts: 345 Member
    What about The Sims version from 2000? Coz they were my favourite