Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Tales of Camelot - 3.65: What you Truly Wish - Updated 21/02/2024

Comments

• MonaSolstraaleMonaSolstraale Posts: 1,372 Member
    I'm so sorry for your loss. It's so hard to lose a furry friend. I hope you have someone close by who can comfort you.
    Virtual hug <3
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Oh no, I’m so sorry to hear about your cat! Losing a beloved pet is tough. Take all the time you need.
  • _sims_Yimi_sims_Yimi Posts: 1,747 Member
    @MonaSolstraale @Lucy_Henley Thank you. It's tiny steps here but I'm managing so far.

Now for other things. I want to say this chapter is all rainbows and wholesome but, well. 😅

5CKLV8e.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    @_sims_Yimi I mean, if a chapter is called “Shatter” it’s fairly easy to tell that it’s not going to be about rainbows and wholesome-ness :D:D
  • SnowBnuuySnowBnuuy Posts: 1,767 Member
    edited May 2022
    @Lucy_Henley What's easy to tell for some isn't so for others, to be fair. That's the beauty of writing- it can be interpreted in all sorts of ways. Especially in Yimi's work and that's why I enjoy her writing so much. So many layers < 3

As for the chapter, I already commented but it's still in my mind like... well, darn...I knew things were going to blow up. But nothing like that. Nothing at all like that. Also can I cuddle Gwen please?
    they/them or she/her
    Fair point @SnowBnuuy !
    I'm probably going to have to go back and re-read arc 3 at some point, to refresh what's going on in my mind. There's a lot going on!
    edited May 2022
    I realise I worded that very badly. @Lucy_Henley and reading it back I
    sounded rude. I apologise for that < 3

EDIT: forgot to respond to the last bit. Don’t worry I often forget things when I read long series as well. My memory is terrible ;-;
    Post edited by SnowBnuuy on
    they/them or she/her
    That's OK, I didn't find it rude at all! "Shatter" is generally an onomatopoeic word (to me anyway) that brings to mind things like breaking glass etc. It could, of course, have been the introduction of a character who was incredibly clumsy and broke everything, hence a nickname of Shatter :D
    @Sims4MagicalTales
    Uther is very controlling, and his bad habits come out at the most inopportune of times. Morgana is very used to being able to do whatever she pleases and being restricted really doesn’t sit well with her. Looks like the voice you have in your head for her fits her pretty well right now!
    Poor Guinevere is… not having a good time at all. 😣

@Lucy_Henley @SnowBnuuy Haha, I actually debated on what word to use in the title for the longest time. There’s a lot of things breaking and crumbling in this chapter and which word describes all of them? Crack? Break? Tear? Fracture? Fissure? I settled on Shatter at the end and now I can’t stop looking at it like it’s the D&D spell. Still fits, in a weird way.

@SnowBnuuy Guinevere needs all the cuddles. Though I don’t know if she’d actually accept cuddles from anyone at this point. Ever had that state where you just don’t want to be touched by anyone (other than maybe that one specific person)?

@Lucy_Henley Haha, there really is a lot going on. This arc is quite huge. Next one shouldn’t be so large and the last arc is very short, maybe even shorter than the first one. I can imagine details getting hazy over 30+ chapters. Heck, I’m the author, and even I need to look things up from time to time 😆
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Hosting D&D sessions on the side. Interested in playing through some fantasy-themed shenanigans? Send me a message 😘
    edited May 2022
    Lots of things happening at once in my personal life. Am hanging in there but it’s a lot. Chapter will come out soon.

In the meantime, have this!

Note: My ToC cast and their sim actors do not share the same personality. 😂
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    I’d find it too hard to pick a favourite out of that lot! I mean, I like Gawain, but I feel like his actor might not appreciate being called an adorable little cinnamon roll :D
    Further to my previous comment…
    Who is Marylin? Is she just some random person or am I missing something?
    @Lucy_Henley
    Haha, anything that makes Gawain more popular, Gavin is happy with 😆 Marilyn is Monoroe without her huntress getup and hair skull. The name is a joke from me to myself. I’m Dutch and while planning this, I was wondering how Monoroe’s name is pronounced in English. If you type it into google translate, it pronounces it as “Monroe”. I turned it into the actress Marylin Monroe for fun. 😂

@Sims4MagicalTales
    They’re fun to watch “behind the scenes”. My actors are treated infinitely better than their characters, too 🤣
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    @_sims_Yimi
    Ah yes, I guess any positive attention is a good thing with Gavin! I can see why Lancelot is popular; he’s the dark, mysterious type that’s often popular with women. He’s a good-looking Sim, but Gavin will be even happier to hear he’s more my type :D:D
    And that makes sense about Monoroe. Hairstyles can really affect how someone looks. Plus she doesn’t appear in it as often as the others.
    Results are in!

And the winner is.....
    ksqePJK.png

cCppYKY.jpg

"This poll is stupid."
    This... was your idea, Gavin.
    "I don't care. It's stupid."

They're only a little salty. 😂🤣
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    I love that picture <3
    I love Gavin's swollen and Arthur's bitter faces :lol:
    Lancelot looks like he would rather have avoided the attention, but ....
    Congratulations!
    It is deserved. You're a nice guy o:) .
    edited May 2022
    I forgot to vote to no-one’s surprise but the result for me is surprising : O I expected either Arthur or Morgana to win. We all know I’d have picked Gawain or Gwen XD
    they/them or she/her
    SnowBnuuy wrote: »
    I forgot to vote to no-one’s surprise but the result for me is surprising : O I expected either Arthur or Morgana to win. We all know I’d have picked Gawain or Gwen XD
    Oh! Your vote might have changed the outcome.
    i voted for Gawain even though @_sims_Yimi tried to convince me that he is a smug Sim when he is not playing his role :lol:
    I love his childish face and his thick eyebrows.
    I don’t know who I’d have voted for - too difficult to pick just one!
    Haha, I think I'll hold another poll in the future. Maybe about Most Likeable Side Character. Or Most Hated One. Should be fun to see the results of that. 🤭

Right. What was I doing again? Oh, yes. Bringing all the happy chapters.

tkhd2i9.jpg
    J6AKQqX.jpg
    Ooh yes, I wonder who’d win in the Aggro v Uther fight! I’m sure there are other contenders but they’d be the top two I’m sure.
    Ooh yes, I wonder who’d win in the Aggro v Uther fight! I’m sure there are other contenders but they’d be the top two I’m sure.

Aggro versus Uther. That would be an interesting one 😆 right, now I'm definitely doing it. let's see... Aggro, Uther, Richard, Cenred, Nimueh... who else have we got...
    @_sims_Yimi
    Where are the voices in Guinevere's head coming from, and why are her eyes glowing?
    Where are they coming from, indeed? They've been with her for quite a while now, but were they always there? Glowing eyes is definitely not a fashion trend that they can pull off in medieval ages. Not that I know of, at least. Something strange is going on.
    J6AKQqX.jpg