Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which Goths Do You Prefer?

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,828 Member
    edited May 2022
    No you don't get Other option.
    Alright, after much delay here they are. I didn't include Alexander because I very rarely edit kids and toddlers, teens and up. As I said earlier I'm off the new Bella bandwagon. After getting up close in CAS the differences are too much. My eye didn't register the changes as much in live mode and screenshots. The proportions on Bella are off, her nose and mouth are out of kilter. Under the spoiler I did a version with a fuller lip that's better but still not right. Edit: I went back and did a quick restyle on Alexander. I have to say even the child version is off and oddly proportioned. No wonder he aged up as badly as he did. At certain angles his head looks like an adult sims head that was shrunk down, and it has a kind of giant toddler head thing going on where it's too big for his body. Or maybe it's me.

8CfTNa8.png?1
    N5LncYS.png
    mes5OOx.png?1
    srD88u4.png
    Ys0KOlY.png?1
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I never got the fuss over "premades". I also never got why Maxis would effectively gimp themselves by constantly bringing old ones back, instead of creating new ones per game (given it's a freeform sandbox).

Arguably, whether I care for them or not, I preferred what I'd gotten used to.
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,126 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I only like Bella because I remember her from Sims 3, I never experienced Sims 2 or the original Sims. Plus, I like my own makeovers of Bella in Sims 4. ;)
  • FurAndYarnFurAndYarn Posts: 459 Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    With the exception of whatever travesty happened to poor Alexander, I slightly prefer the new versions.
    Explore the story of my over 50-generation legacy family!
    z5lD0kSm.png
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    Alright, after much delay here they are. I didn't include Alexander because I very rarely edit kids and toddlers, teens and up. As I said earlier I'm off the new Bella bandwagon. After getting up close in CAS the differences are too much. My eye didn't register the changes as much in live mode and screenshots. The proportions on Bella are off, her nose and mouth are out of kilter. Under the spoiler I did a version with a fuller lip that's better but still not right. Edit: I went back and did a quick restyle on Alexander. I have to say even the child version is off and oddly proportioned. No wonder he aged up as badly as he did. At certain angles his head looks like an adult sims head that was shrunk down, and it has a kind of giant toddler head thing going on where it's too big for his body. Or maybe it's me.

8CfTNa8.png?1
    N5LncYS.png
    mes5OOx.png?1
    srD88u4.png
    Ys0KOlY.png?1

@DaniRose2143 I love what you've done with the whole family. Your Bella is gorgeous and Cassie is really cute. I love the hair you chose (I know it's CC - oh if only we could get hair like that in the game) Are you going to post them to the Gallery, and if so, how much of those faces is CC?
  • auroraael14auroraael14 Posts: 988 Member
    edited May 2022
    I prefer my own.

lLXwgit.jpg

Post edited by auroraael14 on
    Check out my gallery for house builds! Username: aejp24
    Isharell wrote: »

8CfTNa8.png?1
    N5LncYS.png
    mes5OOx.png?1
    srD88u4.png
    Ys0KOlY.png?1

@DaniRose2143 I love what you've done with the whole family. Your Bella is gorgeous and Cassie is really cute. I love the hair you chose (I know it's CC - oh if only we could get hair like that in the game) Are you going to post them to the Gallery, and if so, how much of those faces is CC?

Thank you very much. I'd have to go back and look. There is quite a bit of cc on Bella, not as much on Cassandra, and none or almost none on Mortimer and Alexander. I hadn't thought about uploading them since they are so cc heavy, but I might. Right now all I have done for any of them is the everyday outfit, the rest are still Maxis. I can say right off the top of my head Bella's hair is from S-Club and came from TSR and Cassie's hair is from Simstrouble and came straight from that creator's website, Tumblr I think.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)

8CfTNa8.png?1
    N5LncYS.png
    mes5OOx.png?1
    srD88u4.png
    Ys0KOlY.png?1

Thank you very much. I'd have to go back and look. There is quite a bit of cc on Bella, not as much on Cassandra, and none or almost none on Mortimer and Alexander. I hadn't thought about uploading them since they are so cc heavy, but I might. Right now all I have done for any of them is the everyday outfit, the rest are still Maxis. I can say right off the top of my head Bella's hair is from S-Club and came from TSR and Cassie's hair is from Simstrouble and came straight from that creator's website, Tumblr I think.

I just love the faces for those 2 ladies and was wondering how they'd look in my vanilla game. I don't dare download CC or mods because my computer would melt under the strain because once I started I'd never stop. Anyway, I like what you did with them.

8CfTNa8.png?1
    N5LncYS.png
    mes5OOx.png?1
    srD88u4.png
    Ys0KOlY.png?1

I just love the faces for those 2 ladies and was wondering how they'd look in my vanilla game. I don't dare download CC or mods because my computer would melt under the strain because once I started I'd never stop. Anyway, I like what you did with them.

Thank you so much. If your game would struggle Bella's hair alone would be risky. I just looked it up, that one is called Tyra and that one hair alone is 74mb.😲 That's part of why 99% of my alpha cc is in a storage folder and not my mods folder. My system is built for gaming and it was starting to struggle under the strain of all the cc I had. And I've come to love maxis match cc just as much.

• MossBunniesMossBunnies Posts: 3 New Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    I love love LOVE that they changed their skin tones back to how it looked in the original games!
  • EnkiSchmidtEnkiSchmidt Posts: 5,341 Member
    edited May 2022
    Mixed: New Mortimer, Old Bella (all she needed was a tan), Old Alexander, undecided between old and new Cassandra. The new one looks better, but also too old to still pass as a teen.

And of course as everyone I love my own version best. This is their current setup:

26.05.22_21-51-55z2ksm.png

- Features unchanged, I only gave Bella and Cassandra a darker skintone.
    - Alexander's t-shirt says "Everything is under ctrl" in case you were wondering.
    - And of course I added Paige.
    (She got introduced in the Butler SP lifestream as a baby, along with "Child 1". Child 1 was obviously a throaway sim for demonstration purpose, but the baby had a name: Paige Goth. I never forgave the devs for letting the Goths have a third child, only to throw her down the baby hatch right after the stream :'( Meanwhile Iggy Pancakes got to enter the official lore.... I call favoritisim!
  • MeowchaFrappeMeowchaFrappe Posts: 840 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I don't mind the new Mortimer too much, but the new versions of everyone else are terrible.
    Bella looks a good 15+ years older, and her skintone while closer to the right shade looks super ashy? Like it just has very ashy undertone when you take her into CAS. Not only that but her facial features seem very generic now whereas they were more unique before. (What happened to her chin?) And the new dress they gave her I feel ages her as well. Cassandra and Alexander just look... off putting. Alexander was perfectly fine how he was before

Definitely not a fan of the new Goths other than Morty maybe. I'll probably stick to making my own makeovers from the older versions for Bella and Cassandra, and just making the necessary tweaks like darkening their skin, changing makeup, etc.
  • PeculiarPlumbobPeculiarPlumbob Posts: 535 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    In an ideal world, the old Goths would keep their genetics except their skin tones would be changed accordingly. Bella's makeup would be slightly toned down and their outfits could be improved slightly here and there
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,651 Member
    I don’t really care.
  • SharoniaSharonia Posts: 4,853 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    Prefer the original version.
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I like the old versions of the Goths.

@DaniRose2143 - Poor new Alexander with the bag on his head! (And poor face design choices for him, I agree!) But your cc-heavy new Bella is GORGEOUS!
    @RoseQuartz Thank you. I had to dig deep into my bag of cc to make her look that good. Up close in CAS you really get a better feel for how off her new look is. That's why I've switched sides to the old Bella camp.

Alexander even as a child is..odd. At times when he turns his head it looks almost like a middle-aged man's head on a kids body. It's no wonder the adult versions look like they do.
  • Colton147147Colton147147 Posts: 10,454 Member
    Justine Keaton but Goth
    I was summoned by the Justine Keaton option.
    Your Justine Keaton Enthusiast and the Voice of the Sims Community.
  • SheriSim57SheriSim57 Posts: 6,970 Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    I actually like the newer version of most of them. I like that Mortimer looks older and I also prefer the newer Cassandra and Alexander. But I do think they should have left Bella a little sexier.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    I prefer the new. Besides the whitewashing, which I hated, I always thought Bella looked silly. She had a baby face which imo, made her look young an unsophisticated; the makeup made her look like a young girl playing dress up. Morty looked, just dopey. The kids I was fine with.

I think the new Bella looks like a proper woman, and Morty looks dashing, just how I think they aught to. I do agree that Alexander's age up thing is weird. I don't get what is happening there. From the side, I think his and Morty faces match somewhat, but where did that wide nose come from?

The thing I find odd, is that a lot of the people who don't seem to like them, also said they had already changed them. So then why be bothered? You'd have been changing them either way..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • mitchiebanjomitchiebanjo Posts: 172 Member
    I like the Sims 1 version best.
  • talongirl6talongirl6 Posts: 184 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I prefer the old version of the Goth family. I really just dislike the way the new one looks. Honestly, I prefer the old versions of all the NPC Sims and I wish they wouldn't change them in future updates. I think that they looked fine already, and I don't completely understand why they need to be changed at all. However, I'm glad that some people do enjoy the new Goth family!
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,872 Member
    I mean let's be real, the original Sims 4 Alexander ages up really weird-looking too. It's just that we're used to that weird look already.

I like both :)

• telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    New Version (2022 - ?)
    I like the new version with the exception of Alexander.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    Old Version (2014-2022)
    I like the Sims 1 version best.

I'm with you on that one! TS2 for 2nd place. The TS4, either version, just don't look right.