Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Features no longer required

13...Next

Comments

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Randomized Sims
    (as in those sims that spawn everytime you play for absolutely no reason we have enough sims for every role by now)

Situational Outfits.
    (just why would i want my sims to wear anything i haven't assigned for them???)

Phone Calls
    (well most of them anyway are just spam like i heard you are friends with your kid ones and such should just be removed)

The outfits.....certainly are random. Career outfits not being editable is a big niggle for a lot of people. The one I documented with Summer going to her job as a dishwasher in long evening gloves and an astronaut helmet is one. I once had a male sim leave for his job wearing what I assume was his wife's nightie. I have no issues with crossdressing, but it is a bit of an odd fashion choice for a gardener. He was very fetch at least.

I don’t like the outfit choices the game generates as they make no sense! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

We need something to select the types of outfits for NPC townies. When I had my 1970s save, it was jarring to see townies appearing in random outfits.

Work outfits also need to be customised.
    Washing the dishes wearing an astronaut helmet and evening gloves! 😂

I totally agree, career outfits need to be fully editable.

I know that jarring feeling when playing sims with period clothing. Vampires who dress in victorian fashion is easy to work with, but I have a huge collection of clothes and hairstyles that span the 1920s to the 1950s that's currently on a thumb drive. It's weird when I have all my sims and pre-mades in the appropriate styles, and a random townie comes through the shot out of character.

I can do you one better than a mental picture of that outfit, I grabbed a pic:
    lcVDk0v.png?2

Thanks for the image! 👍😂. I would not wear that to work! 😂

With taking photos I do find it difficult when random townies get in the way. Often I have to restage things or take new photos.
    Emotions as they exist in the Sims 4. Emotion-based gameplay as it exists in the Sims 4. They've got to go.
    - They are annoying and volatile
    - They don't mean anything or impact your sims
    - Emotions based game design means that emotional states are more powerful or even replace your sims' personality
    - Prior Sims games showed a lot of emotions without the need to label the emotions in the UI
    - Emotions in the Sims 4 are a net negative
    - I view Sims 4 emotions as a failed experiment

Therefore, I want them gone

I want emotions as gameplay, the result of the decisions you make for your Sim. In Sims 2, I loved that Don Lothario and Dina Caliente dragged thier feet if you asked them to clean.
    One Sim loved to clean and got excited (can’t remember who though! 🤔)

Emotions in the Sims 4 are too tuned too high. The scared emotion is annoying as it interferes with day to day stuff. That’s why I had to stop playing in haunted houses. 😫

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    Emotions as they exist in the Sims 4. Emotion-based gameplay as it exists in the Sims 4. They've got to go.
    - Emotions based game design means that emotional states are more powerful or even replace your sims' personality
    - Prior Sims games showed a lot of emotions without the need to label the emotions in the UI

Yep, I can agree, I like the idea, wouldn't mind if they were backseated more though. Most of the time I only know an angry Sims "unique" interaction is taking an agry poop, its childish and just a renamed version of another interaction, same feeling for most other emotional interactions.

Also too easy to game, if I want my Sim to feel energised I just take the fastest shower possible and then they're able to stack more and more energised perks onto themselves from doing those energetic interactions, all to level my fitness slightly faster with no other noticable effect other than my non-athletic Sims then woohooing the ground every chance they get. Which brings me to my next point, emotions and traits don't mix, most traits from what I see are just "feel X randomly"

Also half of the moodlets feel wrongly tagged. Tense from a fire, and not the scared emotion? Tense from having a low fun motive and you know, not being bored? Everything has to be tense and it's just absurd. Also speaking of scared, why does *everyone* have to be scared from a thunderstorm? Most of my Sims are grown adults, they shouldn't be scared like they're a toddler or a cat.

Lastly emotional walks. Eugh, Sims used to run to the toilet in the older games, here they waddle like children who've already wet their pants. It slows things down, it looks goofy and it just isn't funny to see someone slouch over just because they've been awake one minute longer than usual. I hope they never get tied into emotion again.
    L9q8VGi.png
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,812 Member
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Randomized Sims
    (as in those sims that spawn everytime you play for absolutely no reason we have enough sims for every role by now)

Situational Outfits.
    (just why would i want my sims to wear anything i haven't assigned for them???)

Phone Calls
    (well most of them anyway are just spam like i heard you are friends with your kid ones and such should just be removed)

The outfits.....certainly are random. Career outfits not being editable is a big niggle for a lot of people. The one I documented with Summer going to her job as a dishwasher in long evening gloves and an astronaut helmet is one. I once had a male sim leave for his job wearing what I assume was his wife's nightie. I have no issues with crossdressing, but it is a bit of an odd fashion choice for a gardener. He was very fetch at least.

I don’t like the outfit choices the game generates as they make no sense! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

We need something to select the types of outfits for NPC townies. When I had my 1970s save, it was jarring to see townies appearing in random outfits.

Work outfits also need to be customised.
    Washing the dishes wearing an astronaut helmet and evening gloves! 😂

I totally agree, career outfits need to be fully editable.

I know that jarring feeling when playing sims with period clothing. Vampires who dress in victorian fashion is easy to work with, but I have a huge collection of clothes and hairstyles that span the 1920s to the 1950s that's currently on a thumb drive. It's weird when I have all my sims and pre-mades in the appropriate styles, and a random townie comes through the shot out of character.

I can do you one better than a mental picture of that outfit, I grabbed a pic:
    lcVDk0v.png?2

Thanks for the image! 👍😂. I would not wear that to work! 😂

With taking photos I do find it difficult when random townies get in the way. Often I have to restage things or take new photos.
    - Emotions in the Sims 4 are a net negative
    - I view Sims 4 emotions as a failed experiment

I want emotions as gameplay, the result of the decisions you make for your Sim. In Sims 2, I loved that Don Lothario and Dina Caliente dragged thier feet if you asked them to clean.
    One Sim loved to clean and got excited (can’t remember who though! 🤔)

Emotions in the Sims 4 are too tuned too high. The scared emotion is annoying as it interferes with day to day stuff. That’s why I had to stop playing in haunted houses. 😫

You're welcome. I've been lucky with the townies. What happens to me is a glance away at the wrong time or it's a new animation to me so I don't anticipate that moment. That one I was outside when she came out, and I was like who in the world is this? When I figured it out I had to take that pic.

• LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2022

I would say Emotion is nice just the moodlets have a bad influence on it.

A lot of low level moodlets should not override a strong emotion.
  • manicobsessivemanicobsessive Posts: 1,110 Member
    I can't think of many features that bug me that much that you can't just not use, but I hate emotional deaths. The only one that's even slightly realistic is death by anger (heart attack). Also, pranking the toilet. Enough already!!
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    I don't know how I would feel about emotions being completely removed. I like them at times, but I think they could have been implemented better. Emotions should have been an addition to personality, not a substitute for it.

I could do without the emotional deaths, especially the hysterical one. The whole playful range of emotions is overpowered and escalates too quickly. It's hard to even enjoy an evening out.

I do not want to get rid of free will. I never turn it off. I do use my pause button frequently though. I don't want to play with just puppets. I like being surprised sometimes. I do want less mean and mischievous actions though.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,404 Member
    Death notification calls.
  • SnaveXsSnaveXs Posts: 4,322 Member
    The non playable characters. I would like a more cohesive workforce. For example your relatives or neighbors can do the nanny or mailman type of jobs. If there got to be an NPC, I'd want a jack of all trades character that performs more than one job.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    What has been annoying since TS4 launched, the large green notification of where screen shots will be put every time we take one. That is useful, maybe, for the first five minutes a brand-new player puts into the game. After that it is nothing but an annoyance that fills up the notice board. It was widely disliked and ranted on way back when, and I suspect is still just as disliked.