Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,809 Member
    Things are starting to happen again in my Tartosan Sun story.

Matteo enjoying the sunset over the ocean from his veranda
    sdmEUhI.png
    VvaqyGR.png?1

Danielle went to visit Summer but found no one home. So she took a walk and tried out her new camera. She's finding photography to be an excellent way to clear her mind so she can write the best novels possible.
    eTO0Vzj.png?1

The ladies had an intimate girl's night in at Summer's place where Liberty sprung the surprising news about her recent career change.
    AIM6Chb.png?1
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    Happy 48th Anniversary, @GalacticGal !

I've been rattling on about my Laila Benali on various threads lately because of the werewolf pack but here is a little more about the gameplay with her and family (this was from back in March or something, before the neighborhood stories update when I paused my San Myshuno save for a bit.)

Salim and Laila traded ideas about what makes a good fantasy story. Salim says it's all about people finding something they can connect to, relate their real lives to. Laila says it's about creative crazy fantastical things that you would never find in real life.
    l-writes-ideas.png

Laila loves drama club but she's not so good with boundaries.
    set-drama-1.png

set-drama-2.png

Better watch out for what else this kid will get up to at night.

Laila's best friend Salvatore aged up to teen. He was a clean-cut little boy who always hung out with girls, and he did turn out to be gay (I've started rolling for gender identity and sexual orientation for my NPC's who are close to my played sims as well)... but oh dear, his fashion sense at this party.
    "Heyyyyy Lailai!"
    outfit1.png

"Salva, I love you, but... is that what you're wearing? And your hair--"
    "My hair is a statement for the ages! But I'll change my clothes. Heyyyyy Lailai! Whaddya think?"
    outfit2.png
    "I... never mind."

Salim's wife Tanvi was getting bored with life as an interior decorator, and she loves singing, so she switched careers to entertainer. Salim is supportive. Also, he's a fan of the new career outfit.
    new-career.png
    Tanvi is a Renaissance Sim, so this might not be the last career...

Tanvi has one son Ritvik and one nonbinary child Sai from a previous marriage. In the divorce, Ritvik went with dad, and Sai went with mom. Sai is now grown and living in their own apartment and you'll hear about them in another update soon. Here's Ritvik. Now that he's grown, he's seeking out more visits with his mom and his sibling.
    ritvik.png

Salim mostly writes romance novels, but one time after a friend dragged him to a particularly unpleasant trip to the gym, he wrote a sci-fi story called "Attack of the Swarming Treadmills." It was basically a joke and he was always sort of embarrassed that his agent wanted to publish it. Well, now they want to make a movie. Seriously?
    attack-of-swarming-treadmills-film.png

"Andrea, I really don't like this idea," Salim protested to his agent. "I don't get to retain any kind of creative control. I've finally gained a name for myself as a dashing modern-day romance auteur. I don't want to turn into the B-movie treadmill guy."
    "What were you saying about the mice in your apartment, Salim hon?"
    move1.png

"True that... I've been promising Tanvi we'll move as soon as my royalties pick up... is it really that much money?"
    "Oh, it's money."
    So Salim said yes. And now they want a Swarming Treadmills trilogy.

attack-no-not-three.png

He cringes every time he sees a poster. But they can afford the new apartment now.

So here are a lot of pictures of their new apartment! Inside a spoiler, because I care.
    Dining room
    apt-dining.png

Living room with enormous couch, thanks to Tanvi's interior decorator history. Salim and his best friend Baako spend a lot of time on it.
    apt-enormous-couch.png

Flower arranging area-- one of Tanvi's hobbies
    apt-flower.png

Laila's room. (Laila had to share a room with her parents in the old place until Sai moved out, when she was like 10, so she really appreciates this)
    apt-laila-room.png

apt-laila-room2.png

We didn't change the bathroom much, but the happily married couple still had to test it out.
    apt-bathroom-didnt-change-much.png

This is a study. Or, a "study," depending on what kind of mood Salim is in.

apt-study.png

Laila soon took it over for her own purposes. She stayed up all night and wrote a sprawling dollhouse novel.
    apt-study-laila.png

And Laila aged up! This is a teen who is essentially nocturnal, loves drama club, probably likes girls, wants to be a bestselling novelist like Dad, is writing a series of fantasy stories called "The Wolf Women," and sneaks out to talk to disreputable characters in animal suits while her parents think she's in bed.

(I swear this all happened before the werewolves thing was announced but I'm definitely playing Laila again as soon as the pack is out)
    l-at-night-animals.png

laila-teen.png

l-drama-club.png

Laila has a new hobby. Plus, it came in pink.
    l-new-hobby.png

Salim wishes his wife would try fewer hobbies.
    salim-guitar.png

"Honey, this is actually pretty good--"
    "Dad! I'm not writing stupid dollhouse stories anymore. Wait till you see my new one."
    "Can I see your new one?"
    "Um... not yet."
    l-writes-dad-feedback-on-book.png

Laila's first teen party
    apt-first-party.png

Which kinda led to her first teen date, with Rania. A random Kaori decided to crash their conversation but they still had a good time. Laila wonders, can you know about forever on the first date? (Everything feels so earth-shaking at that age doesn't it?)
    laila-rania-date.png
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,103 Member
    edited May 2022
    @GalacticGal I felt motivated to keep sharing because one of the things I did recently was renovate the Sand Bar, and I created a stage for performers. After play testing, famous sims can perform at the bar, and sims can hire other sims to perform! I can't wait to share the build!

Hanging out at Triton Beach

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18114323/#Comment_18114323

Later that evening, the twins went to the local merfolk hangout to sing some Karaoke. There, Dylan told an epic pirate tale after singing.

52053896393_8aac24604e_b.jpg
    "During my last dive under the sea, I found an awesome pirate wreck on the seafloor!"

Lir gave his uncle a glance and thought. "Here we go again."

52053865031_f32e19cdac_b.jpg

Dylan continued his story. "The pirates' skeletons were still wandering around the ship. Someone forgot to tell them that their boat sank."

Rylan thought. "I know that shipwreck. I haven't seen any undead pirates."

52052817767_c221eaafa6_b.jpg

Dylan turned to Rylan. "I sense some doubt, but let me tell you, I swam up to them and asked them about what they were doing. They told me they were on look out duty."

52052817737_76792c2e67_b.jpg

Dylan went on. "The pirates only appear during high tide, and they help watch for Giant Squids, particularly the mighty kraken."

52053896378_fe370c5d77_b.jpg

"No one has seen the Kraken that sank their boat, but the Kraken is a squid bigger than a giant squid. It's a colossal squid."

52053897293_ef3e529ee0_b.jpg

"I was about to swim away, when the undead pirate parrot cawed."

52053865016_fa9faa1b63_b.jpg

"The kraken wasn't far away, and the parrot was warning me. I bravely grabbed rusty scabbard and prepared to help defend the pirates against their ancient foe!"

52052817707_3c46673754_b.jpg

"Then, a deep-sea volcano erupted and out came the mighty kraken! Eruptions underwater aren't like the eruptions on land. Lava flowed out and hardened as quickly as it flowed. The water heated up!"

52054352145_0e2c1f4d11_b.jpg

"How did you endure the heat. There's no way..." Rylan said.

Dylan continued. "I used my Elemental Power to protect the boat and the crew. I channeled cooler ocean currents that flowed over the lava flows like an underwater wind!"

52054352130_9cfc44539c_b.jpg

"After a great fight, we chased off the Kraken and the pirate crew was saved!"

52052816782_c82ab44194_b.jpg

Extras:

Dylan's mom gave him a phone call that I wasn't expecting considering that he lives at home with her. lol. Apparently, one of the townies died.
    52054352215_3192c989c5_b.jpg

Dylan used his ability to calm emotions to help his mom work through the loss of a friend.

52054100944_396e310acd_c.jpg

52053864971_e9ffc1e675_c.jpg

The Zalrian Family also did a beach clean up and that helped Jade work through her distant phase. Juniper helped a bullied sim.
    52053897248_4c48295b15_z.jpg
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    Thank you @mightysprite
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    @Brd709 I’ve been following your updates, and you’ve got some awesome stories.

I hope things work out with Riku, and I see you got a new father winter.

@haneul I’m kinda happy Elmire didn’t give away who her bullies were, but I guess Asher will never change.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    @Brd709 I’ve been following your updates, and you’ve got some awesome stories.

I hope things work out with Riku, and I see you got a new father winter.

@Metior_Ice Thank you! I've got some juicy stuff for 1987 so keep an eye out for it.

The adventures of Grandma Liberty.

Bed cleaning:
    JqKdwNp.png

Diaper changing:
    dHGivHt.png

@Brd709 Will be watching for it!

—————

There are a few behaviors among merfolk that I noticed in my game that I don’t think everyone has noticed.

My merfolk, mermaids and mermen, regularly show up at Karaoke Bars. I think it has a lot to do with giving them max singing skill and having them all like singing. It’s actually cool to have them do this.

Lir and his Uncle Rylan showed up at the Karaoke Bar autonomously. Dylan and Zeph didn’t invite them to hang out.

—————

And, if anyone is wondering why Dylan, Zephyr, Lir, Rylan, and so many of the other mermen are often shirtless. It has a lot to do with the way the World of Sulani is. Merfolk will autonomously change into swimwear to go for a swim.

This behavior is so persistent in worlds where any sim can swim that I just created shirtless outfits for them that I call “Traditional” merfolk attire, or “merman” attire for the mermen and merboys.

Their merman attire is basically something very similar, if not identical, to what they wear in their true form. I actually consider their human form to be a disguise that allows them to leave the water and blend in with humans.

All of my merfolk have outfits that help them blend in with humans, and I often use a cheat to change them into their human outfits when they aren’t in Sulani.

—————

In particular, Dylan and Zeph represent merfolk in Sulani. It’s part of their responsibility as the Sapphire Princes, to honor merfolk traditions and wear the traditional outfits. So, they primarily stick to traditional merfolk attire, and I don’t actually need to make them wear it. Part me actually thinks they prefer the merman attire because they regularly show up on lots wearing it.

However, I do make them blend in with humans whenever it makes more sense for them to do so.

—————

I know the game will create merfolk townies, so if you see sims in swimwear on an unusually regular basis or you visit a Karaoke Bar, a sim might be a merman or mermaid.
    Romance in the Snow

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18114825/#Comment_18114825

Dylan and Zephyr's wives lived in separate households to protect them and Dylan's twin sons, Barnabus and Wade, from the Darkfins. Sarah Darkfin wove a curse on Cecelia that stole her immortality, her mermadic powers, and her mermaid form.

Despite the curse, Dylan's love for Cecelia was unwavering. He made sure to remind her that his Heart and Soul belonged to her by singing his beguiling Charmer's Lullaby and giving her his Merman's Kiss. Both mermadic abilities were reserved for the partners of any mermaid or merman.

A Merman's Kiss, or Mermaid's Kiss, held the power to give humans the ability to breathe underwater. So long as Cecelia was under its influence, she could be in the sea with Dylan without any fear of drowning.

52054351260_4c588f71c3_b.jpg
    It wasn't long before Zephyr got a call from Sefina to go on another date. Similar to how Dylan was devoted to Cecelia, Zephyr was devoted to Sefina. He wasn't afraid to show his affection for her.

52053864771_6c757eb32f_b.jpg

Zephyr and Sefina had some fun in the snow before Dylan and Cecelia crashed their date.

52054100764_f0c48e6315_b.jpg

Zephyr retaliated by starting a snowball fight by throwing a snowball at Cecelia.

52053864751_820ea68c28_b.jpg

Dylan joined the fight, but it turned into a fight between the Twins vs their wives. Dylan and Zeph teamed up and the snowball fight began to heat up.

52053864736_d9d01b39ea_b.jpg

Cecelia: "Did you just throw a snowball at me?!"

52054100019_1ac1679fc6_b.jpg

Dylan wasn't done though. He threw a snowball at his brother. "Bet you didn't see that coming. I'm a snowball throwing double agent!"

52053864721_53accc5f9b_b.jpg

For Dylan, he had a good laugh, but the Twins ended up joining forces.

52053864006_43729e5b05_b.jpg

Reached up to throw a snowball at Cecelia. "Don't you dare!"

Dylan's snowball ended up falling to his feet instead of hitting Cecelia.

52053896953_2fe5291b83_b.jpg

Zephyr wanted to make up for his brother by asking Sefina if she wanted to go on another date. She said yes.

52052817382_f124014c3c_b.jpg

Zephyr took Sefina back to Sulani where they had some fun in the water. Zeph splashed Sefina and she splashed him back.

52052816702_4994bf4df2_b.jpg

52054351895_519fbf9939_c.jpg

52053864651_da2a3dfaf8_b.jpg

Zeph: "Sorry about my brother. He can be quite an airhead sometimes."

Sefina: "It's no trouble. I had a lot of fun."

52054351175_2510e7070e_b.jpg

Caught up in the moment, Zeph gave Sefina his Merman's Kiss.

52053864636_347bff92cb_b.jpg

On the Docks, Zeph felt confident and moved in for a suave kiss.

52052816682_edd51666db_b.jpg

The two love fish ended their date sitting on a love seat at the beach. Zeph made a move and looked deeply into Sefina's eyes.

52054351840_3e643909af_b.jpg

It was the merman's hope that they would have more time together. Zeph though that Sefina might join him in the sea, but he kept his thoughts to himself for now.

52053863951_6b2a6b951e_b.jpg

For now, the couple sang some karaoke. Sefina wasn't very good, but compared to the voice of a merman, few were much better.

52053864576_89dcfcd549_b.jpg
    edited May 2022
    There is a new character joining the cast of Under The Tartosan Sun. Meet Londyn Huntley. She is an aspiring actress who lives in Sulani, but today she was in Tartosa shooting some publicity photos for the studio Plumbob Productions.
    i0nubvb.png?1

Londyn bumped into Danielle and Matteo while out for an evening swim in the bay.
    aT16Az8.png

She liked what she saw so decided to hang around overnight before returning home. She could come to enjoy life in Tartosa under the right circumstances.
    42SxG1J.png?1
    Londyn seems really cool @DaniRose2143
    "decided to hang around overnight" ?

??
    ?????

o:)
    edited May 2022
    Londyn seems really cool @DaniRose2143
    "decided to hang around overnight" ?

??
    ?????

o:)

Let's just say paths will cross, they have already actually. We'll see what happens. Maybe something, maybe nothing. I will neither confirm nor deny I created Londyn specifically for this moment. I will let you the viewer work that out for yourselves. 😇

Almost forgot to say thank you. She is very cool.
    I was in the mood, so here's the second update for yesterday.

The End of a Haunting

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18114994/#Comment_18114994

Ember unintentionally created a connection between the Spirit Realm and Zalia Shores when she gained her spellcaster powers.

Despite her natural talent for being a medium, the Twins often had to work together to keep the Spiritual Serenity in check. Performing Seances was taxing for Dylan and Zeph and required all of their focus. Consequently, they couldn't maintain their human disguise during the Seances, and they reverted to their true, undisguised forms.

52052817602_fe131155bd_b.jpg
    The process was a little unnerving for Zephyr, and it had him shook. Dylan, the Spirit of the Sea, could bring the dead back as merfolk and took to the process naturally.

52052817577_8d603a6707_b.jpg

52054100069_c3f15cadff_h.jpg

The Seances sapped the twins energy, but they managed to take their human form long enough to get to some patio recliners and nap. With so much energy exhausted, they slept in their natural forms. Legs and looking like a human was over-rated anyways.

52054100854_7ae04878ab_b.jpg

While the twins regained their energy, Zalia Shores had an uninvited guest. This poltergeist was Ember's Rival, and she never hesitated to "practice" her magic on her.

52053897143_2ab07ebe34_h.jpg

As a Fire Elemental, Ember's first and favorite spell was Inferniate. She was becoming quite the pyromaniac every day. With magic, she could fix whatever she burned.

52054352060_8468105883_b.jpg

Dylan slipped into his Elemental Form while he slept and helped to chase off the Poltergeist. In his Elemental Form, Dylan floated, so he didn't have to change into his human disguise.

Dylan spooked the spook, but he wasn't going to stop there. More than being an Elemental, he was a merman first, and he had his mermadic power to help him fight the ghost.

52052817507_ce198e23fc_b.jpg

Dylan wove magic into his Agean's Question, and the poltergeist was paralyzed with tension.

52054352015_6e2b9c8a5a_c.jpg

Dylan called a thunderstorm. Normally, he would leave manipulating the weather to his twin, the Spirit of the Sky, but should he need to, he had sway over the weather too.

52054351230_6e4bd668f5_c.jpg

The Poltergeist was having enough of this nuisance, but Dylan wasn't done. He summoned his elemental powers, channeling the elemental fires of Mua Pel'Am in his hands.

52054352005_a5fbc38207_b.jpg

The Islands Answered Dylans call for power, and the Poltergeist was struck where she stood by Lightning. After being burned in death and struck by the forces of nature, the connection to the Spirit Realm and Zalia Shores was severed. The ghost was done haunting this place.

52053864041_da1e2c4e4e_b.jpg

Extra:

I ended up killing Dylan and Zeph's Grandmother, the Saphire Queen. Mermadic Powers are helpful in many ways, but if you want to get a ghost from Death by Electrocution, the process is quite simple.
    First: Place Stereos on the lot. Place them outside and call a rainstorm. The rainstorm will instantly break all electronics outside. Make sure the lot is cursed for maximum risk.

52052816672_7bbb493032_b.jpg

52054100584_7c7cfc22ed_c.jpg

Second: Make sure the Mermaid or Merman has low Handiness and have them repair the broken electronics. After a few attempts, the mermaid or merman should get a nice jolt before the deadly jolt. Make the dazed mermaid or merman make a few more repairs for success.

52053896803_927e1d67f5_b.jpg

The Grim Reaper should appear if everything is done successfully.

52053864541_587eb7ce4f_b.jpg

Grim: "I thought she already died thanks to the Darkfins. Oh, this isn't part of the story."

52054351760_edea3b1df5_b.jpg

Grim: "I guess I'll listen to the repaired stereo and dance on her grave."

52054099984_68edc4ae9b_b.jpg

Metior: "Oh, there's Juniper's potential Girlfriend taking a selfie with grim Dancing on his grandmother's grave. Better not tell him."

52052817262_c0f5a3c2c6_b.jpg

And, that's how you zap a mermaid to death.
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,070 Member
    My sim self's middle son Andrew entered the Adulthood life stage today, here are some snaps from his party at his house:
    Andrew blowing out the candles:
    piGTjZr.png
    aowSEVo.png
    Andrew's husband Riku making another birthday cake:
    qwoHQBT.png
    The second cake went down very well!
    k92DBhw.png
    My sim self to the bottom right, with Andrew's siblings Beatrix from left, Ayla and Carlin. The guy in the green shirt is one of Andrew's co-stars:
    mJupNll.png
    And the remains of what was a successful night:
    V6b34Hh.png

• SnowkittySnowkitty Posts: 13 New Member
    New in the Gilmore life!

Noa decided to keep the child he got with Cassandra, and named her Alexandra in honour of her mom and uncle. Noa and Damien got a lot closer again, and Damien helped Noa out with Alexandra. Damien also decided they should move to Tartosa, because their house in Sulani was getting too small. Noa was elated because his best friend Marci is living there. Marci and Noa got closer, and Noa slowly realised he was attracted to Marci, and started flirting a bit with her. Marci and Noa got together, and Damien invited her to live with them, since he is getting on in his elder years, and does not want to miss his grandchildrens first moments in life, and wishes to help out with them, while Noa and Marci are going to university. Marci and Noa are now going to university, and have gotten a little one of their own. They have named her Katarina, and she is a beautiful little mer-girl. On the day of Noa and Marcis final exams, Marci was having a horrible day. She started feeling extremely angry, because she felt like she was having the Worst Day EVER. She decided to go jogging, but it did not help to cool her off. When she got home she was even angrier than before, and suddenly she had a cardiac explosion! She died right on her doorstep, and Alexandra who had recently aged up into a very pretty child, saw the whole thing. She is devistated. Noa came running, and so did Damien. Damien realised what was about to happen, and he did not want the same thing to happen to Noa, like it did to him, when he lost his beloved Sirena while still in university. Damien DEMANDED the reaper bring back Marci! And the reaper listened! Marci is extremely grateful to Damien for saving her life, and everyone feels relieved to have her back! Marci has decided to take up meditation and yoga now, to combat her feelings of rage. She wants to be there for her family, she wants to see Katarina grow up, and she would love to have another child with Noa. She is not finished yet, and the reaper shall not take her. With this tragic event, but happy surprise, Noa has decided he wants to propose to Marci, because time passes, and he wishes for her to officially become a part of the Gilmore clan, and give her his last name. Now on to how to do it...
    edited May 2022
    I’ve been having a lot of fun with Dylan and Zeph, so for the final updates for MerMay, I’m going to do a quick rags to riches challenge.

My rules are going to be simple. Dylan and Zeph must go from rags to riches and build a proper home without leaving the water.

Basically, Dylan and Zeph will not be allowed to change into their human disguise for a whole month. They will be required to stay in their merman form for the duration of the challenge.

Going on land will not be allowed, and if they go on land for any reason, except traveling to another lot, their funds will be reduced to zero.

When they travel to another lot, they must immediately go into the water or the funds get reduced to zero.

I’ve experimented with this, so it will be exciting to see what happens.

Dylan and Zeph have the Forever Full Trait, the Steel Bladder Trait, and the Frugal Trait. They won’t actually need to leave the water to satisfy any of their needs.

They will be allowed to work as Marine Biologists. However, they must work from home, and they can’t complete any tasks that require a human form.

To challenge myself, they will quit their job.

In the end, I’m hoping to build a proper aquatic home for a family of merfolk.

Edit: For my experimentation with fame, I’ll share that as extras.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,496 Member
    edited May 2022
    Honeymoon!, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

Erik settled down into the rather cushy, luxurious seat of the Sky Schooner. Shiny white with blue stripes on the outside, the craft was attractive as well as finely-crafted. Quiet, one would hardly know they were flying at an altitude of 56327.04 kilometers. This trip, which Erik himself, had orchestrated had been commandeered by Orion Entertainment, Limited as their wedding gift to the couple. They refused to allow the Rock Star to spend even a credit. Erik didn’t mind, he had already rented the hut.
    “Would you care for another drink, sir?” the Sky-Server said. She was very busy seeing to the twenty passengers in the First Class section. Kayleigh sat next to him, enjoying the window view. She had never flown before. Her childlike enthusiasm tickled Erik. You’re too good to be true, I can’t believe we’re finally married.

Zooming along through the atmosphere, he was almost sorry when the fasten seat belts light came on. “This is the Captain speaking. If you look out of the port windows you will get a glimpse of the Islands of Sulani as they come into view. On the starboard side is Mount Kula’Mahn’Jori which has been nominally active, of late. Looks like fair weather, clear skies. We shall be landing in about fifteen minutes.”

“Okay, this is it, Babe,” Erik said, gently shaking her awake.
    “Em, can’t wait,” she answered dreamily.
    “No, I’m serious. About fifteen. Maybe even twelve, now.”
    “Please return your seats to their upright position and fasten your seat belts. Secure the tray and any bags at your feet. I’m Leilani and I’m very pleased to have shared this flight with you.”
    The couple debarked and finding a transporter, beamed over to their rental for the next two days. “So, what do you think?
    3xGmJ0l.jpg
    “It’s quite charming.”

maJDe60.jpg
    3sDe227.jpg

Erik grabbed Kayleigh’s bag and hauled both pieces of luggage into the hut. The place was nicely appointed. A shower just off of the one bedroom, with an actual half-bath on the other side of the room, just off the living room. The kitchen was small, but functional. It was also full of Sims, to his chagrin. Paparazzi and a few Fans. Erik did his best to smile, but this isn’t how he pictured how his honeymoon would begin. He posed for pictures, did a quick interview and signed a few autographs. To his amazement, they all left, one-by-one. He wasn’t privy to the fact his darling wife was asking each of them to kindly grant the couple some privacy.

Shortly after they got settled in, Erik had a need to get ‘close’.
    8TNgKG4.jpg

After a tumble under the covers, they hit the beach.
    Ub1g2Ch.jpg

“Let’s build our kingdom, shall we?”
    keFzRI4.jpg
    Lcxxy4D.jpg

“That doesn’t look much like a castle,” Kayleigh said.
    “No, but I do believe it’s the best thing we’ve built thus far.”
    3cAwED2.jpg
    “Oh, he’s cute. We should give him a name.”

The next day the couple decided to go exploring. Neither of them had ever been to Sulani before and despite the smoke arising from the top of the volcano, they opted to just have some fun.
    “Hey, see that waterfall over there?” Erik said. “I think it’s close enough for us to swim over to it, Whaddya say?”
    Kayleigh shrugged, “Okay, I’m game.”
    1ctO8Sk.jpg

Without much difficulty, the two made it to the little inlet. The water roared and as it tumbled over the rocks a mist was kicked up. The two began to play. First Erik splashed her …
    JFV3A2X.jpg

And then she splashed him back.
    7A7yEur.jpg

“Ah, you want to play games, do you? Come here,” he smiled. “Gotcha!”
    PbdMDAn.jpg

“I’ll show you how to play in a waterfall …”
    D4HnyVi.jpg

After they made it back to their ‘love nest’, they changed their clothing and decided to beam over to the bar.
    “I’m sorry, Babe, I’ve got to do this gig. I should have known there was a catch to this ‘wedding gift’ from Orion Entertainment, Ltd. Sheesh.”
    “It’s not so bad, really.”
    “And you have to be the most understanding wife in the universe.”
    HouYZmE.jpg
    oDGU2GH.jpg

C18P6en.jpg

Kayleigh tried not to pout, but Erik sensed she wasn’t having as good a time as he hoped for. “Hey, I have a photoshoot, but the place is intriguing. Let’s go over there early, okay?”
    “Are you going to be working the whole time?”
    “I hope not. Really. It’s just that every time I get a nomination …”
    “The fan magazines feel the need to cover it and you. I know. My bad for marrying such a famous Sim, I suppose. Well, at least this island is beautiful.”
    Before they changed and left, Erik took a moment to appease a Fan. She was very polite and actually apologized for intruding. So, all he could do was smile back.
    ysXkLHK.jpg

Then he gave her a bit of a bonus. They took a Selfie together.
    “Okay, this has to be it. I have somewhere I need to be.”
    x69Kh7F.jpg

Finally, he came in. Kayleigh was careful to lock the doors so that only she and Erik could come and go.
    They stopped back at the bar for a quick drink, first.
    ii3YHX2.jpg

Then it was on to the location shoot.
    “Oh, Erik, they have fire-dancers. This is exciting!”
    CA8Al0u.jpg
    Dn6fxLo.jpg

Shortly thereafter, the photographers arrived and it was time for Erik to get down to business.
    gBF6BMJ.jpg
    9JlDtsA.jpg

“Hey, Erik, look at that gal. I’ve seen you dance with lights, do you think you could do that with fire? Would make a crazy great shot!” Erik stood and watched for a moment.
    ZS8HkxP.jpg
    mQsGtCg.jpg

“Sure, why not. It’s just another form of lights, right? Hope my wife doesn’t kill me.”
    R09SDvi.jpg

“Whew, if I set my hair on fire, I can always cut it, right?
    merVwnS.jpg

“That’s great, you’re awesome! Haha-ha!”
    “You wanted awesome, I come to serve.”
    k7h6J2y.jpg

“Holy Gees, is that lava flowing?” Erik pointed at the mountain.
    9LG8eDs.jpg
    ATneSp6.jpg

Erik grabbed Kayleigh and the two ran off to their hut with the Professional Photographers in tow.
    “Can we please take another shot or two before we call it quits?
    “Sure, let me change, first.” Erik disappeared inside and in only a moment returned to the deck.
    FkB2srz.jpg
    They shot the next one through a filter as if they were taking it through the glass panes of the windows.
    8wDDKC1.jpg

Dfl55v1.jpg

Qzc8tWp.jpg

That was it for the night, but Erik was dismayed to see how many Sims had followed them back to the hut. He was reminded of the ancient Sci-Fi movies were the alien plant was stalking the humans. They’re right outside!
    490EL73.jpg

“Are you certain they can’t see in through the open slats?” Kayleigh said.
    “It’s dark outside, it’s dark in here. No, they can't see in.”
    Rq5OQU8.jpg

vehZBKy.jpg

All the while, Erik had that creepy sense they were being watched.
    cd2ndRZ.jpg

The couple awoke to see more, if not the same Sims had moved to their beachfront.
    kNm4QOx.jpg

All too soon, it was time to pack up and head off to Britechester-U. The couple took a walk-thru and made the place as clean as it was when they arrived.
    Kayleigh saw to the inside,
    mB5zO20.jpg
    while Erik tended to the outside.
    L5lwUvZ.jpg
    He shook his head coming to the conclusion he had some very messy Fans.

All for now! Next up, First Term at Uni. Thanks for reading! :)

Post edited by GalacticGal on
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
    edited May 2022
    unsupervised-angry-toddler-plus-bat.png
    An unsupervised angry toddler plus a baseball bat. What could go wrong?

Madison had some big news for Akira: baby number 4 is on the way!
    Akira's reaction was... mixed.
    big-news-1.png

He loves his kids, but sometimes he really misses his wife.
    He even gets jealous of the kids sometimes. It seems like they get all her attention.
    jealous-1.png

Akira sometimes fantasized about moving to a private island to escape the chaos.
    island.png

But this chaos is awfully cute. (This is Samuel, baby number 3. I imagine Madison's heritage to be part Korean and part Jewish.)
    big-news-2.png

Akira told Madison how much he appreciated her hard work with the children, really.
    apology2.png

And decided to take her out to a sushi date by way of apology.
    (Also, it was a chance to bask in her undivided attention.)
    sushi-date.png

Summer was hot and the toddlers were angry. Ji-Eun especially. She holds a grudge against her brother Samuel. Basically, for being born.
    These are Ji-Eun's feelings about Samuel
    do-not-like-sibling.png

Ji-Eun did NOT want to give in about the potty and then she had an accident on the floor. Here Madison is lecturing her. Ji-Eun did NOT want to be lectured.
    scold-for-potty-refusal.png

Here Ji-Eun is breaking the dollhouse.
    dollhouse-break.png

Here Ji-Eun is crying because someone has broken the dollhouse.
    dollhouse-cry.png

I mean, it's more logical than what I remember of toddler parenting, sometimes your kid just cries because she wanted to wear green shoes and now she's wearing green shoes.

What else can you do but head out for a day at the park.
    what-else-can-you-do.png

A little positive attention from Mom goes a long way.
    what-else-a-little-positive-attention-goes-a-long-way.png

Thank goodness: Junichi, the oldest, has aged up. He is a Green Fiend, is cisgender, and has the creative aspiration.
    junichi.png

Their apartment isn't tiny, but there are limits when you've got such a big family. Junichi had to carve out an art area in the closet.
    art-in-closet.png

And now for Auntie Darling! She completed her Mischief aspiration
    mischief-aspiration-complete.png

and the heavens bestowed her an Air Horn
    air-horn.png

and she located some particularly annoying furniture at the flea market.
    much-better-couches.png

But the neighborhood has gotten rougher. Fights are breaking out everywhere. Darling is looking at these three, soon to be four, precious kiddos in her home and having second thoughts about the whole mischief and crime thing. She wants these kids to have a safe place to grow up.

"We need to stop encouraging all this roughhousing!" proclaims Darling.
    "Since when are you such a do-gooder?" asked Azure and Yuki.
    repealing.png

Darling started to distance herself from her criminal associates, and took a job as a teacher's aide. The dress code was annoying. "I have to wear a dress? And does it really have to be THAT ring? You people have got to be pranking me."
    new-job-dislikes-dress-and-ring.png

It was no prank. Darling actually loved teaching. Sometimes the kids were frustrating, but a good game of basketball or a run on the treadmill in the evenings took care of her stress. She started working on body-building when she wasn't at work or taking care of the kids.

Darling had always been a childish, high-energy person herself. She had never done well in school. She was sensitive to the way those kids often ran afoul of their more traditional teachers, and wanted to give them a way to use their energies positively.... Until she overstepped.
    d-fame1.png
    d-fame.png

"Oops," Darling said.

Oops was right.

fired.png

But wait a sec, maybe there really was something to this. Darling took Junichi to the library one day to help with his homework. It's a city. The library is of course upstairs from the Waterside Warble nightclub. Junichi was a good student, able to focus despite the constant usta usta usta booming through the floor. Especially with Darling standing next to him listening to his thought process and offering suggestions. Darling thought about the more difficult kids at her school. Maybe it doesn't take a miracle to help a kid with too much energy for school, maybe it just takes a little extra attention and kindness. And the promise of some basketball playtime afterwards.
    upstairs.png

That night the dollhouse children enjoyed a very positive homework and basketball club. Darling's got ideas. That magazine profile could get her some good connections and start some things. (One thing a life of crime will teach you, is how to exploit connections.)
    imagining-neighborhood-children.png
    Between Dylan and Zeph, they raised over 1000 simoleons in one sim day without leaving the water.

I ran into a small complication though, I forgot to make their home off the grid, so they have bills that require leaving the water to pay.

I’m going to make an exception once and then fix that.
    After checking a few things, I realized that it’s not possible to remove the need to pay bills.

Considering that, I will probably let them pay the bills before entering the water immediately after traveling to a new lot.

I tried everything I can think of, but the bills seem to be an unavoidable thing.
    Oh, I forgot to mention it, but when I was fast forwarding to Sunday to start the rags to riches challenge. Zephyr got struck by lightning twice, so I got some cool screenshots of him bringing the lightning!

Funny how when you try to do something it doesn’t happen, and when you don’t try, it does happen.

I ended up changing the season to spring, so I’m going to get back on track with the normal rotation.

I’ll be doing the Pink Tail rotation for the Immortal Merfolk Legacy.

It’ll be fun to include Jack in the story.
  • GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @mightysprite Would you want to share how you roll for sexual orientation and gender id? I have considered systems for this. Currently I do use an attraction/chemistry mod to give me cues about the orientation but would be interested in a way to be more random that accurately represents population percentages.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    @GirafHuntr Sure.

Random number between 1 and 100 from random.org.
    At the child birthday I roll for gender identity: 1 to 95 is cisgender, 96 to 98 is trans, 99 is anatomically/chromosomally intersex and 100 is nonbinary.
    At the teen birthday I roll for sexual orientation: 1 to 75 is straight, 76 to 90 is bisexual/pansexual, 91 to 100 is homosexual.

I like the surprises it's given me so far :)

• GirafHuntrGirafHuntr Posts: 759 Member
    @GirafHuntr Sure.

At the child birthday I roll for gender identity: 1 to 95 is cisgender, 96 to 98 is trans, 99 is anatomically/chromosomally intersex and 100 is nonbinary.
    At the teen birthday I roll for sexual orientation: 1 to 75 is straight, 76 to 90 is bisexual/pansexual, 91 to 100 is homosexual.

Awesome, thanks! Something I have done for awhile is using the chemistry mod, once a Sim is a teen I allow their sexual orientation to be determined by the first time they encounter a sim with "wonderful" chemistry. I once had a teen girl who had a family aspiration out at the park flirting with a bunch of boys, and none of them were hitting it off. Her now-wife, Aashiyana Patel, strolled into the park and I got the immediate notification "Suddenly, Tremor feels different!" And I was like, DUH I have been trying to find her a BOY and that's not what she wants at all. The two of them have been inseparable ever since and they're one of my favorite couples. I always try to find ways to let the game surprise me. My favorite moments are the ones I could never have planned.
    My username has been my internet handle for over 20 years since I was 16 and refers to when I had a crush on a very tall boy. I intend absolutely no violence toward beautiful giraffes. <3
    edited May 2022
    @GirafHuntr Sure.

I might give this a go. I’ve normally paid attention to my sims behaviors to see what they do.

Kylen Kailani definitely had a crush on Dylan and Zeph because I noticed that sims involved in romance tend to show up on lots, including the ones that have crushes on certain sims without a romance bar.

The behavior is subtle, but I know that when romance is involved or the potential for romance exists, sims will appear. Kylen showed up on the lot when the twins engaged in romance interactions often. Now that Kylen is with Aaron, it happens less often.

Zephyr and Sefina have an autonomous romance that started with Zephyr performing an enchanting introduction.

Dylan is definitely bisexual. He’s in love with Cecelia, but I could see him in a homosexual relationship too. Before Cecelia, Dylan would sometimes try to flirt with other men, but the same could be said for the ladies too. Like the one time he almost cued a romantic interaction with a lady in Selvadorada. Edit: This was before his wedding with Cecelia.

Dylan, at first, seems unflirty and reserved, but trust me when I say. He swings both ways easily. I think Dylan is reserved about romance because he’s more of the type looking for a soulmate. But, I think both Dylan and Zephyr are the type to prefer a soulmate companion.

GirafHuntr wrote: »
    @GirafHuntr Sure.

Awesome, thanks! Something I have done for awhile is using the chemistry mod, once a Sim is a teen I allow their sexual orientation to be determined by the first time they encounter a sim with "wonderful" chemistry. I once had a teen girl who had a family aspiration out at the park flirting with a bunch of boys, and none of them were hitting it off. Her now-wife, Aashiyana Patel, strolled into the park and I got the immediate notification "Suddenly, Tremor feels different!" And I was like, DUH I have been trying to find her a BOY and that's not what she wants at all. The two of them have been inseparable ever since and they're one of my favorite couples. I always try to find ways to let the game surprise me. My favorite moments are the ones I could never have planned.

Isn’t that how it works sometimes. Even without mods, there are some sims that just click from the beginning. I can’t explain it.
    That sounds like fun @Metior_Ice . I never thought of keeping track of how often a sim arrived at a lot as a sign of interest. I have noticed that sims I recently played will show up soon after I start playing another household. That happened in Sims 2 as well. I'll have to pay more attention about potential love interests!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top