Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Features no longer required

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,807 Member
    edited May 2022
    This thread shows how we all consider different gameplay features to be integral to our gameplay. I love aspirations and timed events.

We need more aspirations and they need to have more depth, they feel shallow. Or maybe that's because so many are quick and easy?

I'd love it if we could work on more than one aspiration at a time. I have more than one aspiration in my real life that I'm working towards. We should be able to have our sims working on two or three at once. That wouldn't fix that the shallowness, that still needs to be addressed, but you could have your sim working on short term and long term aspirations simultaneously. Without having to switch back and forth and not stuck to one active aspiration at a time.

• Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I completely agree @simgirl1010. Whenever these types of discussions pop up you can see how every person's game is completely unique because there are so many different ways to play.

This thread shows how we all consider different gameplay features to be integral to our gameplay. I love aspirations and timed events.

We need more aspirations and they need to have more depth, they feel shallow. Or maybe that's because so many are quick and easy?

I'd love it if we could work on more than one aspiration at a time. I have more than one aspiration in my real life that I'm working towards. We should be able to have our sims working on two or three at once. That wouldn't fix that the shallowness, that still needs to be addressed, but you could have your sim working on short term and long term aspirations simultaneously. Without having to switch back and forth and not stuck to one active aspiration at a time.

That would be an awesome upgrade to see. I never even thought about multiple aspirations, but it definitely makes sense.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I would also stop the free services/transports/venues, the sims should pay when they visit gym, spa, swimming pool, museum, ...
    Life is also about managing the family funds.
    Remove the household starting with $20 000 and buying a house by default, it should be $4 000 + rent an apartment.
    There is no challenge to start with that much money.
    I'm surprised nobody asked to remove the 8-sim limit for household yet.

I guess I didn't think of some of these because I don't think of these things as things to "remove," but rather adjust or adding something..

I use mods so that nothing in the game is free. I would like them to change it, but I would think of that as them adjusting the game..
    Same with household size, I see that as an adjustment. I would like it to be larger, but I know they will never remove the limit. They kind of can't do that. But I would be happier if it was at least 10.

I never let my sims start with any money (unless it's a YA from a wealthy family moving out), and they always are homeless until they earn rent money, at which point they rent, then they build up to buying. But I am guessing it wouldn't suite everyone's play style.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    edited May 2022
    @Chaotic_Moira I've thought about it now and then since I started back with TS3. I can't see why sims shouldn't be able to work to fulfill two aspirations simultaneously. We shouldn't have to choose which one to work on at a given moment. Opportunities do present themselves out of the blue sometimes and you don't necessarily think about how that situation would help complete the other aspiration I don't have active. If you do switch you sometimes break the immersion because you have to pause and swap aspirations. We all come across those situations we love to let play out without any interruption. Then maybe you miss a golden opportunity to complete a difficult milestone because you didn't see that situation coming and have the other aspiration active.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Same with household size, I see that as an adjustment. I would like it to be larger, but I know they will never remove the limit. They kind of can't do that. But I would be happier if it was at least 10.

😱I would go absolutely bonkers with a 10 sim household. 😄
    My household is currently 5 members and just last night I moved 2 daughters out to temporarily live with their grandparents because everything was just chaos.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I wouldn't mind a limit of 8 in a household if pets didn't count towards that limit. You can't have a larger family and let them have pets. So I would enjoy an increase in the limit or a change that allows pets without adding to the household limit. The pets aren't even playable so I don't understand why they did it this way. I want a pet or two in every household. :)
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,395 Member
    For example, I don't need these features :
    Hygiene, Social, Fun needs : I ignore them, the moodlets are enough to warn me.
    Aspirations : These goals go nowhere, I use cheat codes to unlock the rewards.
    Relationship pane : It's a big mess, it doesn't really care about the different relationships. Dialog boxes do the job.

It's incomprehensible to me how any of these features could be removed, in my opinion. The game would be almost unrecognizable to me without them.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,935 Member
    If multitasking was to never return I don't think I'd bat an eye.

It's a cool idea, but it just makes everything slower than needed. Sims spending time talking and doing their animations slowing them down from actually painting. It causes Sims to get up while eating to go and sit on their bed and talk to someone in their bedroom rather than just eating in the kitchen like anyone else.

Also that drag hand, it's been here since TS3 and I feel it just makes life easier than needs be, why hire a maid or have a neat Sim in your house do the cleaning when you can just pause the game and drag everything in the bin right after your slobs done with it?
    L9q8VGi.png
  • Sunflowergal227Sunflowergal227 Posts: 305 Member
    Thanks for bringing up this topic! i personally don't like the new feature about making a sim that is female but identifies as male (or vice versa.) i just don't play that way, so could care less. but its all about imagination- want a sim to be a same sex couple- okay just go flirt and marry them using cheats. i don't really like the emotional deaths. i would also remove the choice of getting a negative memory to not celebrate a holiday, it doesn't make any sense due to the nature of how the sim is. For instance, my sim that divorced 2 times, will not want to celebrate love day. so it makes sense for her to have a positive memory of not celebrating the holiday. Also, as mentioned i would probably remove ads from the game: i def miss sims 2 where all you see is the neighborhood log in screen. Also i don't like that one has to install origin to launch any sims 3, or 4 game. For one, sometimes i find that origin seems to slow down the computer- which makes sense, but it is annoying if i don't want to or care about updating the game at the moment.
    We def need more aspirations as well.
    Favorite EP/SP
    Sims 2 (All EPs/SPs)
    Sims 3 Showtime
    Sims 3 Generations
    My Sims 3 profile page: https://mypage.thesims3.com/mypage/Sunflowergal227
  • LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,215 Member
    edited May 2022
    Remove … Free Will.

I mean I need to keep the sims under my control, I would prefer if they could learn my orders ... Brainwashing ?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,830 Member
    Remove … Free Will.

I mean I need to keep the sims under my control, I would prefer if they could learn my orders ... Brainwashing ?

Don't you have the option to turn off free will in your game? 🤔
    edited May 2022
    @simgirl1010

Not for the NPC townies :p

Everybody should obey me.

Don't do something I would never ask to do (For example Autonomous Flirty interactions with any strangers).
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,634 Member
    Remove … Free Will.

Wow. I would be bored to tears just playing with digital puppets.
    edited May 2022
    @cyncie

They are already puppets, they do nothing special without our approval.

The next level : Make them do autonomously what we expect from them.
    No longer need to assist them for simple tasks like sit and eat together every diner.
    @cyncie

They are already puppets, they do nothing special without our approval.

In the Sims 4, that's true. Not the reality in the previous games.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    If multitasking was to never return I don't think I'd bat an eye.

It's a cool idea, but it just makes everything slower than needed. Sims spending time talking and doing their animations slowing them down from actually painting. It causes Sims to get up while eating to go and sit on their bed and talk to someone in their bedroom rather than just eating in the kitchen like anyone else.

Also that drag hand, it's been here since TS3 and I feel it just makes life easier than needs be, why hire a maid or have a neat Sim in your house do the cleaning when you can just pause the game and drag everything in the bin right after your slobs done with it?

Omg I LOVE the multi tasking thing, lol. I get what you mean, but in the past I always had to take time to specifically socialize, so I see it as a time exchange. It takes a little longer, but both needs are being met at once. And bonus, I don't have to sit here and direct conversation.

But the drag tool, yeah, I would remove it, at least for trash. I actually avoid using it for cleaning, cause like you said, then what is the point of having a plate be sitting there dirty if my sim doesn't have to do anything about it.
    edited May 2022
    @simgirl1010
    Don't do something I would never ask to do (For example Autonomous Flirty interactions with any strangers).

Then every sim on a lot would just stand there doing nothing without you making them..
    I mean I wish they were less ruled by their emotions, but I don't want to control 20 npc's at the park. Yikes..

Course I like chaos, so I play with autonomy on anyway..
    edited May 2022
    @simgirl1010

Then every sim on a lot would just stand there doing nothing without you making them..
    I mean I wish they were less ruled by their emotions, but I don't want to control 20 npc's at the park. Yikes..

Course I like chaos, so I play with autonomy on anyway..

Controlling any number of sims greater than one at the park or any gathering is like herding cats...good luck, you're going to need it.

• ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,019 Member
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Randomized Sims
    (as in those sims that spawn everytime you play for absolutely no reason we have enough sims for every role by now)

Situational Outfits.
    (just why would i want my sims to wear anything i haven't assigned for them???)

Phone Calls
    (well most of them anyway are just spam like i heard you are friends with your kid ones and such should just be removed)

The outfits.....certainly are random. Career outfits not being editable is a big niggle for a lot of people. The one I documented with Summer going to her job as a dishwasher in long evening gloves and an astronaut helmet is one. I once had a male sim leave for his job wearing what I assume was his wife's nightie. I have no issues with crossdressing, but it is a bit of an odd fashion choice for a gardener. He was very fetch at least.

I don’t like the outfit choices the game generates as they make no sense! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

We need something to select the types of outfits for NPC townies. When I had my 1970s save, it was jarring to see townies appearing in random outfits.

Work outfits also need to be customised.
    Washing the dishes wearing an astronaut helmet and evening gloves! 😂

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
    edited May 2022
    Simmingal wrote: »
    Randomized Sims
    (as in those sims that spawn everytime you play for absolutely no reason we have enough sims for every role by now)

Situational Outfits.
    (just why would i want my sims to wear anything i haven't assigned for them???)

Phone Calls
    (well most of them anyway are just spam like i heard you are friends with your kid ones and such should just be removed)

The outfits.....certainly are random. Career outfits not being editable is a big niggle for a lot of people. The one I documented with Summer going to her job as a dishwasher in long evening gloves and an astronaut helmet is one. I once had a male sim leave for his job wearing what I assume was his wife's nightie. I have no issues with crossdressing, but it is a bit of an odd fashion choice for a gardener. He was very fetch at least.

I don’t like the outfit choices the game generates as they make no sense! 🙄🤦🏼‍♂️

We need something to select the types of outfits for NPC townies. When I had my 1970s save, it was jarring to see townies appearing in random outfits.

Work outfits also need to be customised.
    Washing the dishes wearing an astronaut helmet and evening gloves! 😂

I totally agree, career outfits need to be fully editable.

I know that jarring feeling when playing sims with period clothing. Vampires who dress in victorian fashion is easy to work with, but I have a huge collection of clothes and hairstyles that span the 1920s to the 1950s that's currently on a thumb drive. It's weird when I have all my sims and pre-mades in the appropriate styles, and a random townie comes through the shot out of character.

I can do you one better than a mental picture of that outfit, I grabbed a pic:
    lcVDk0v.png?2
    edited May 2022
    @simgirl1010

The NPC townies will still move but their behavior would be set by me instead of Maxis.
    edited May 2022
    Emotions as they exist in the Sims 4. Emotion-based gameplay as it exists in the Sims 4. They've got to go.
    - They are annoying and volatile
    - They don't mean anything or impact your sims
    - Emotions based game design means that emotional states are more powerful or even replace your sims' personality
    - Prior Sims games showed a lot of emotions without the need to label the emotions in the UI
    - Emotions in the Sims 4 are a net negative
    - I view Sims 4 emotions as a failed experiment

Therefore, I want them gone

• friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,545 Member
    Emotions as they exist in the Sims 4. Emotion-based gameplay as it exists in the Sims 4. They've got to go.

- Emotions based game design means that emotional states are more powerful or even replace your sims' personality
    - Prior Sims games showed a lot of emotions without the need to label the emotions in the UI

i disagree 2000% emotions in the game are very useful and the color code that shows what your sim is feeling is useful if there is a sims5 i hope they keep emotions and that also the sims5 be very diffrent from previous sims ga,e
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    edited May 2022

i disagree 2000% emotions in the game are very useful and the color code that shows what your sim is feeling is useful if there is a sims5 i hope they keep emotions and that also the sims5 be very diffrent from previous sims ga,e

I disagree with your rebuttal. From my perspective, I don't find the emotional colors or labels of emotions useful; rather, I find them distracting and it breaks the immersion of gameplay. I want to see the emotions played out in gameplay and animation.
    Post edited by simmerorigin on
  • GamingTweetyGamingTweety Posts: 851 Member
    Autonomus sitting while talking, watching, eating etc. kills some storytelling purposes.
    Gallery id: GamingTweety

Looking for some custom animations? Check out my youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKrWaxowK2vCzwkz6bEZRbg

Deviantart profile: https://gamingtweety.deviantart.com/