Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims Delivery Express Today! 5/25

Comments

• HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member
    Unpopular opinion here but I really like how Cassandra looks like in terms of fashion. Like an extremely nerdy teen! For my personal save, (which Mortimer is dead) I simply just adjusted Bellas skintone and makeup to match her newer version.

Both Alexander and Cassandra have aged up in my file though and I have already changed their fashions. So what I'm doing is mostly just adjusting the skin-tones to match their newer counterparts.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    Omri147 wrote: »
    I do appreciate Cassandra finally having a darker skintone like she always had (well, similar at least), but now Alexander is the one who's looks are very inconsistent now.

I mean Mortimer is European, heck the name Goth indicates Germanic background. Bella is Indigenous-Latina, canonically. Makes perfect sense she has the same-ish skin tone as most people in Selvadorada. More importantly both kids have realistic skin tones from the perspective of how genes usually work.

And yes I know that South American people have a whole spectrum of skin tones (for a very realistic example watch Encanto)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • Omri147Omri147 Posts: 11,162 Member
    edited May 2022
    I do appreciate Cassandra finally having a darker skintone like she always had (well, similar at least), but now Alexander is the one who's looks are very inconsistent now.

I mean Mortimer is European, heck the name Goth indicates Germanic background. Bella is Indigenous-Latina, canonically. Makes perfect sense she has the same-ish skin tone as most people in Selvadorada. More importantly both kids have realistic skin tones from the perspective of how genes usually work.

And yes I know that South American people have a whole spectrum of skin tones (for a very realistic example watch Encanto)
    Yeah the kids do have realistic skintones genetically, but I wish they were more consistent with how they were in previous games. Cassandra had a similar skintone to Bella and Alexander had a similar skintone to Mortimer. From release until today, they got Cassandra's skintone wrong, and from today onward they fixed Cassie's but got Alexander's skintone wrong.

I guess I'm just too nostalgic cause I looooved playing them in Sims 1 and 2 (and was way too involved regarding the premade Sims), so I wish they'd keep them somewhat consistent and iconic...
  • CatzillaCatzilla Posts: 1,181 Member
    I always saw Bella as Italian, not Latina. And Cassandra Goth should totes have goth pale skin and makeup. :D
  • KartaiKartai Posts: 1,206 Member
    Alexander looks worse aged up :| Bella looks too old :| looks at the sims 1 Goths yes Alexander is way too dark. oh boy new save make them over
  • ThetfordThetford Posts: 429 Member

I don't think it has ever been officially addressed what Bella's ethnic background is. Most, if not all, has been speculation based on the names of relatives that were retconned to be part of her family in later games. We have Greek (Jocasta), Hispanic (Enriquetta) and English (Milton) names. Bustin Out emphasised Bella's name is Italian for beauty.

In fact, the only "official" indication of her ethnicity that I am aware of is that in TS1, both Bella and Michael use heads in game labelled Asian in the game files, something that was dropped completely in TS2, most likely due to the level of graphics quality not making facial characteristics clear in TS1 that it is easily overlooked, though Michael especially looks East Asian in TS1 and completely different in TS2, not to mention how difficult it was in TS2 to make Sims of East Asian backgrounds.
    edited May 2022
    Catzilla wrote: »
    I always saw Bella as Italian, not Latina. And Cassandra Goth should totes have goth pale skin and makeup. :D
    Her heritage was always kinda vague, we can only know about her heritage from the few ancestors that were in previous games.
    Her paternal parents were named Milton and Enriqueta, the latter indeed being a Hispanic name, and her mother Jocasta's parents were never shown and she has an ancient Greek name, so it's a bit harder to tell.

I do like her slight 'vagueness' though, cause people can take her to whichever direction they please.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,807 Member
    Am I the only one who likes both versions?
    gen3-banner.png
  • CelSimsCelSims Posts: 2,270 Member

Nope! I really like the new version except I will change Cassandras hair back. I also liked the old version so much my Vampire dynasty are all descended from Bella. I'm looking forward to trying to recreate my favourites using the new Bella.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member

Nah. They’re all okay.
    Forgot to mention but why didn't they give them likes/dislikes, relationships to other Sims and such? Seems like a missed opportunity to me.
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Forgot to mention but why didn't they give them likes/dislikes, relationships to other Sims and such? Seems like a missed opportunity to me.

Yeah, that I was really frustrated/disappointed with. Maybe they could do it at a later date for the relationships part once all the makeovers are done but idk.
  • chickenowchickenow Posts: 458 Member
    Anybody else disappointed that the new looks are....well just looks?
    No new Likes and Dislikes, Bella is STILL
    a young adult (very early young adult) despite having a teenage daughter and no sentiments.
    In the livestreams there was a lot of hype around the Lore update but this doesn't actually do anything except try to remedy the original whitewashing.

I was hoping for some more actual storylines such as Bella being friends with Don or Mortimer being a relative to the Crumplebottoms....guess they realised its more than the team could actually deliver and just made do with what they had (which TBF the Maxis Gallery always did up until 2019...)

Has there been any announcement of there being more to come to this bar the Calientes getting a makeover?
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Has there been any announcement of there being more to come to this bar the Calientes getting a makeover?

There hasn't been any announcement of what may come in the future.
  • HandelHandel Posts: 395 Member

I was already on the librarian vibe for Cassandra so yeah, IMMEDATELY REALLY LIKED THOSE GLASSES.

(In case you're wondering why she is big, -gestures at Uni-)

I probably would have adjusted Bella's wardrobe once she aged up, but hey, this also works in making her seem a bit more classy.
    Townie/NPC lore nerd!
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,835 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Oh no, grown up new!Alexander looks worse...? I think?

Oh by the gods - NO! What the...is this?! :o
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    chickenow wrote: »
    Anybody else disappointed that the new looks are....well just looks?
    No new Likes and Dislikes, Bella is STILL
    a young adult (very early young adult) despite having a teenage daughter and no sentiments.
    In the livestreams there was a lot of hype around the Lore update but this doesn't actually do anything except try to remedy the original whitewashing.

I was hoping for some more actual storylines such as Bella being friends with Don or Mortimer being a relative to the Crumplebottoms....guess they realised its more than the team could actually deliver and just made do with what they had (which TBF the Maxis Gallery always did up until 2019...)

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but as far as I understand it was never about adding bio or likes or dislikes for premades. From my understanding they just did this because of twitter rioters going on and on about premades being the wrong color and/or feature. So this is pretty must just to change of the skin color and face features I guess. (Something I never understood why simmers couldn't make them however they wanted)
    The whole thing seems a bit silly to me in a game as free as the Sims. But I don't want to stomp on anyone's joy.
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    Hmm... I never liked the old TS4 Goths that much, but I was used to them. I might like new Bella more, but I'm not sure about Mortimer. I guess TS1 Mortimer might be the only right Mortimer for me :sweat_smile: I like Mortimer's character a lot, but I think the idea I have of him isn't quite captured in TS4.

I didn't like the old Cassandra at all, so I think the new one is better, but I liked the old Alexander better than the new one. They got complaints about Bella and Cassandra's skin tones (and I think they are better now, though perhaps a little bit too ashy) but now they change Alexander's skin tone and I'm a bit like ehh.

Well, I guess it turns out I really liked the old Alexander, because the new Alexander bothers me the most in this update. All in all this premade update isn't a big thing for me. If I ever make a new save and decide to keep premades I might download better Goths from the gallery, or at least change Alexander, though I'd like to edit Cassandra and Mortimer a bit too.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,548 Member
    Honestly, I'm just glad they didn't listen to the ones who wanted TS2 Goths back. I always thought Cassandra looked like a startled giraffe.
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I prefer my own upgraded version of Bella. I have her in some of my different timeline game saves. And she's saved in the Gallery under SEREFRAS.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited May 2022
    logion wrote: »
    5szqT7r.png

I mean all that was wrong with that previous sims 4 bella
    •Too big bazongas bella in ts 1/2 didn't have big bazongas and yes i kind of preferred that she didn't because well not everyone has to have big bazongas to be hot

•too small waist to really have idk organs

• too cheap looking dress, goths are supposed to be very wealthy and classy family and wearing h&m like that would be scandalous

•maybe just a little too light skin though it wasn't really issue to me because if you give bella a tan or add some contour blush she should be closer to previous games

•the bad fitting makeup, again cheapening her look bella was never kind of gal that blasts her face with makeup

• hairstyle
    well lets say her hairstyle was either fuller/longer or then if we go by ts1 it was shorter the conclusion i came to was that her everyday is updo hair and when she parties sleeps etc she has it loose

did this change to bella solve these issues for me? not really.
    did my own? mostly yes.

well then again whatever I'll just have my own and people who like these can have these its all matter of opinions anyway

also like someone mentioned the concentrating too much on one part of character instead of making character as whole and thats how i feel about the new versions too like now its just more about their ethnicity less about who they really are like thats the vibe I get
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Simmingal wrote: »

Honestly, I don't think Bella's waist is unrealistic.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,887 Member
    edited May 2022
    Gordy wrote: »

idk i guess could also just be compared to her other bodyparts maybe i can't remember if I edited it actually in the end myself but its just a little too snatched if you compare to older games where its little less so
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

idk i guess could also just be compared to her other bodyparts maybe i can't remember if I edited it actually in the end myself but its just a little too snatched if you compare to older games where its little less so

Maybe she just has wide hips? :lol:
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member

Really? When ts4 first came out I thought 'who the heck created Bella?' I always widened her waist and reduced her bust. Poor gal.