Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

New Sims Delivery Express Today! 5/25

Comments

• SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2022
    Aine wrote: »
    The new Goths are definitely more similar to Sims 1 and Sims 2 Goths with this update than they were before. I wish we got new hairs for Mortimer and Cassandra, otherwise they're spot on.

Are they though?

to me it looks very opposite i could never imagine this mortimer turns into ts2 elder mortimer or even is ts1 mortimer cause the face shape is completely different

same goes for bellas face she was always pictured with slimmer face except maybe in ts3 which i refuse to even reference cause i disliked it so much also maybe its cause i like ts1 bella more than ts2 bella sorry not sorry

the kids well debatable closer to themselves than adults but also i just liked the more expressive looks we had with original ts4 version these just feel kind of... blank like there needs to be more... shape

also why would you lower cassandras pigtails its her trademark to have silly pigtails hair dang it
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    BlueR0se wrote: »
    Oh no, grown up new!Alexander looks worse...? I think?

That's what happens when you edit them as kids but don't edit their other ages. You would think they had learned after Christie Sigworth...
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    logion wrote: »

That's what happens when you edit them as kids but don't edit their other ages. You would think they had learned after Christie Sigworth...

LMAO okay that is so bad.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    I'm probably in the minority but I much prefer the new Bella. I like the Bella that we've had, but I prefer this new one. The new Mortimer is a huge improvement over the old one.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I love the way the new Bella looks. Teenage Alexander looks a bit like Bart Simpson.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,552 Member
    I never understood the controversy over “fixing” the premades, because all it takes to make them the way you want them is a little time in CAS (whether that’s TS1,TS2,TS3 or the perfect TS5).
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    Arlo Bunch 2.0 here

Alright... Looks like play with Alexander will have to "disappear" and be replaced with a play with genetics version. This is why you always create your Sim as an adult then age them down
    L9q8VGi.png
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,888 Member
    edited May 2022
    Sorak4 wrote: »
    Arlo Bunch 2.0 here

Alright... Looks like play with Alexander will have to "disappear" and be replaced with a play with genetics version. This is why you always create your Sim as an adult then age them down

or give them mighty beard to hide your mistakes I suppose Alexander needs to become werewolf
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,587 Member
    Honestly, aside from my nitpicking and new!Alexander's tragic teen appearance; the new looks are good. They're not what I would've done and I'm def gonna make some tweaks but they're what was needed overall: (1) no whitewashing of Cassandra or Bella, (2) Bella gets her ribcage back and is appropriately aged, and (3) family members get established weather clothes (vs randomized townie fashion).
  • SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    In general I said a couple of days ago in "unpopular opinions" that I have no longer care about the townies overhaul, but I have expected that EA will add our townies more personalities, small improvements such as nails or new skintone, relations, likes, dislikes ect. but instead od any improvement I see reggression. Goths no longer look like Goths even from the previous games. Everyone have black-red clothes only for every ocasion and weather. There is no personality improvement, no new relation and totally nothing new. Even the skincolour is bad. Have we really been waiting for something like this?
    Onverser wrote: »
    Honestly wasn't expecting much but I'm disappointed... The skin color doesn't even match their old skintones, it's way too cool toned and ashy compared to 2 and 1. It took me 10 seconds to match their actual skintone :|

oh-lordy.png
    oh-lordy-2.png

Also I feel like Bella's makeover has just taken away her personality... She had a fun cartoony look before, now she just looks tired, and even the iconic dress is gone. I just don't get this makeover all round, seems not very well done and a waste of development time. If they're not gonna add any new assets they could've just got players or gamechangers to do the makeovers as I've seen base game player made makeovers that are a lot better done

Can I ask which skintone you are using? Asking cause I can NEVER find the right one when trying to recreate past sims. You are spot on about the problem with the skintones though, they're too "cool" and ashy looking.
  • JALJAL Posts: 1,001 Member
    edited May 2022
    Calico45 wrote: »
    Hm. I wonder if this means the NPC update is going to be parted out through SDXs instead of proper consolidated updates. That'll be hard to avoid or rollback, if so.

My advice would be to save the families as you want them before any new SDX, that way you can choose which ones to keep, and which ones to use the new ones for. Another idea, if you want to avoid these changes entirely, is to make a "start-up save" with all the families as you want them, and always start a "new" game by loading that save and then resaving it as another name. That way you will be completely untouched by any of the future changes to the premades.
    deedles64 wrote: »
    I give makeovers to all my townies. Guess I'm going to have to go "fix" them now? Also in the save I am currently playing the Goths now have 4 more children,lol!

This doesn't affect current saves, only new ones. In my main save the Goths are long dead, their grandson is now a grandfather. It would be very weird if the new versions suddenly spawned. Luckily they won't.

Personally I like the new Bella, she looks more "real" than she did, and less perpetually surprised, more like a cunning young wife. I approve. I will give Mortimer back his jacket though, it fits a southern gentleman I think (he's also the only one in my game allowed to use it).
    Moreover, I advise that the cart button must be destroyed!
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    Please tell me they updated their traits and aspirations?
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022

Hm...mixed feelings. Better than what we got at base game launch for sure but the skintones doesn't feel right (except Mortimer's). Like the shade is off. I feel like it needs to be "warmer" if that makes any sense. Mortimer looks good, but looks more akin to Gomez Addams vs Mortimer Goth. It may be based on an earlier Mortimer that I'm not familiar with, though. And tbf, I'm pretty sure the Goths were inspired by the Addams family so it makes sense.

Bella looks realistic as a Latina, color wise.

Edit: I will definitely have to copy and overwrite the Goths in my save from a new game to get the new look. I DEFINITELY prefer the new look.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    Honestly wasn't expecting much but I'm disappointed... The skin color doesn't even match their old skintones, it's way too cool toned and ashy compared to 2 and 1. It took me 10 seconds to match their actual skintone :|

oh-lordy.png
    oh-lordy-2.png

Also I feel like Bella's makeover has just taken away her personality... She had a fun cartoony look before, now she just looks tired, and even the iconic dress is gone. I just don't get this makeover all round, seems not very well done and a waste of development time. If they're not gonna add any new assets they could've just got players or gamechangers to do the makeovers as I've seen base game player made makeovers that are a lot better done

Can I ask which skintone you are using? Asking cause I can NEVER find the right one when trying to recreate past sims. You are spot on about the problem with the skintones though, they're too "cool" and ashy looking.

Sure, it's this one in maximum darkness

skin.png
  • RoseQuartzRoseQuartz Posts: 164 Member
    The old Goths were my Goths, especially Bella. Sure, these new Goths look more subtle and sophisticated, but I liked the cutesy cartoony look the old ones had - that's what made them part of the kooky Sims world for me. And we've known them for so long now that they're kind of like old friends, just right the way they were.... (I hope the old ones will still be on the gallery!)

But maybe I'll decide that these new Goths are long-lost relatives living in romantic Tartosa - I think one of the mansions there would be perfect for them!
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    edited May 2022
    I got my first in game look and my opinions on Bella and Mortimer haven't changed. If anything Mortimer is even better looking in game then in the screenshots. Alexander is.....yikes. Cassandra, oh my, even as an elder she's still wearing the same outfit and hairstyle. Oof! I've already been experimenting with new outfits for YA Cassandra. Unlike Alexander she aged beautifully. Edit: Oops wrong link.

3HimbU9.png?1
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member
    edited May 2022
    There were always going to be differing opinions after the update of a family like the Goths. And Bella is just such an iconic Sim. But I like the new look, she looks more realistic. Not just her features but also her physique. I removed the mouth crease when I played around with the new Goths in CAS and made some outfit changes - obviously they could only use BG items - and I like this Bella. She is less cartoonish, but I still feel there is something familiar about her. I am not going to start playing a new save, but I may replace the current Goths with the new ones in some of my saves.

WVcb9p9.jpg
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • RedDestiny92RedDestiny92 Posts: 7,820 Member
    Yeah I don't see them as the goths I make them over quite a bit but the base is the same, and Bella looks like she could be the long lost sister of Hilary from Tartosa. Morty is much closer to a younger Jacques Windenburg and their kids I have no words. I'm just glad they didn't override my chosen makeovers in my active saves, next time I need a new save I'll delete them or change their name and move them just my personal thought.
    Reddestiny921 on the gallery...still not sure if I capitalized the second d..lol
    All the sims err'day
    PmyCqgA.png
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    Mortimer looks fine, but I'm iffy on his new outfit. Bella looks pretty, but I hate the hair and outfit they gave her. She looks so little like her usual self. At least the old look screamed classic Bella Goth.

Cassandra's closer to her Sims 1/2 look, but it's still quite off. Her skin tone doesn't match her old look, her ponytails are even less similar to what they looked like, and her classes are less nerdy. And the new sweater seems like a random change, since it doesn't really say much about her character. It's just a change for the sake of it.

Alexander's outfit and hair are bad and don't suit the family aesthetic as well as his old look. I'm also against darkening his skin. I know mixed race kids tend to be darker/have skin that's more of a mix of their parents, but it's not accurate to his old appearances. And mixed race kids can take after one parent, it's pretty normal. (It's pretty common in my family, actually. My dad's dark and his brother is pale. Me and my siblings have a whole range going on.) It's part of a bigger problem I have with portrayals of biracial kids in media, but I'd rather not get into that on a video game forum right now.

I know they don't have to be like their old selves, but it's pretty disappointing.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017

oh-lordy.png
    oh-lordy-2.png

Sure, it's this one in maximum darkness

skin.png

Thank you! That really helps.

~~

Dumb question, where are y'all getting the new Goths? Do you have to update your game for that? I figured the SDX would have them available without needing to do that. But I can't seem to find them.
    I didn't feel like starting a new save so I just downloaded a version of the new Goth household from the Gallery. I might make a few changes once I have them in my current save.

r7S8Tjb.png
  • GrumpyGlowfishGrumpyGlowfish Posts: 2,207 Member
    I really don't see the point of those makeovers, seems like another useless thing to waste time on that could be spent fixing bugs instead. But I do like the items that came today. That lamp is so cute! I can see myself using it a lot.
    edited May 2022
    @BlueR0se they're only available in a new game start.