Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    The Little Campers Kit is a no go for me. It looks cute, but I can see never using that kit as I rarely use The Outdoor Retreat pack.
    However, the Moonlight Chic Kit does seem interesting and can't wait to see what wardrobe pieces it adds. Hopefully, more than the Carnaval Kit, lol.

Yeah... Seasons ruin so much outdoor play, I would have to turn off weather effects to have a fun yard since anything can be zapped to dust at any times with weather activated (and a quarter of the Sim year it will be too cold to be fun).
    Also I never use Outdoor Retreat, I know it was the very first expansion but I have used it twice since 2014 and it is just... pointless and boring. The tents come in handy in other worlds tho.

(I like the weather effects, but seriously for me Seasons is basically more of an obstacle to work around in able to have fun and it stops me from putting equipment in yards or on balconies.)
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • DianesimsDianesims Posts: 2,867 Member
    Moonlight Chic Kit has a lot of recycled items….I like the fluffy cropped sweater though.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    @Gordy well the thing I'm most excited about is the CHEAP PLASTIC LAWNCHAIR 😍😍
    (No seriously, I need this and don't have anything like it yet)
    San Myshuno is gonna have a summer outdoor family festival from now on!!!

Moonlight Chic actually has a lot of the basic items that a lot of people have been clamoring for. Including some good basic items for dudes, and one or two that are shown on feminine frames but might look good on masculine too.
    Oddly they didn't brand it "basic chic," hmm.
    I'm happy with the basic items we already have, and my townies don't need more encouragement to show up at places in cargo shorts, so I'm gonna skip that kit.
    gen3-banner.png
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    edited May 2022
    Just an FYI

That camping Kit isn't just for children. Teens and up can use some of that stuff like the TV,Swing,Radio and Grill.
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member
    I have full faith this is going to be werewolves. I was just having a little fun with @Werescythe's nervousness.

Oh, I'm not nervous, I merely lack faith in Maxis.

My occult loving heart has been hurt so much that it is now only filled with suspicion and grumpiness, that Maxis will pull the rug out from under me, like an abused child fearing that the cheery fellow will take away their food and leave them to starve... Again.

I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • WerescytheWerescythe Posts: 157 Member

Am I the only one that was kind of hoping to see a virgin killer sweater here. I'm not surprised that there isn't, but still.
    Here is an image with all of the Little Campers kit items:

FTiv4wcWAAEAeZX.jpeg

Hm... I think I might wait until a review comes out on these items.
    I'm probably one of the rare few here, but I love using the occult aspects in my Sims 4 games. xD
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,653 Member
    edited May 2022
    Werescythe wrote: »
    I have full faith this is going to be werewolves. I was just having a little fun with @Werescythe's nervousness.

Oh, I'm not nervous, I merely lack faith in Maxis.

My occult loving heart has been hurt so much that it is now only filled with suspicion and grumpiness, that Maxis will pull the rug out from under me, like an abused child fearing that the cheery fellow will take away their food and leave them to starve... Again.

That is understandable, but I still believe our wait is almost over. Am I a bit nervous that we may get another hairy human, yes, a little. What sustains me is that shadow beast photo. That most certainly wasn't merely a hairy human, it was a bipedal beast. We can be reasonably sure word of the excitement on here has reached ears that know what's coming. If it wasn't werewolves I would think they would have been quick to extinguish this fire.

I really do understand your lack of faith, but I'll keep the faith for both of us, and I promise I won't say told you so when we get our wolfies.😁 I just want them to confirm it this week while I'm on vacation and can be here for the news and not stuck at work.

Ah-oooooo!!🌕🐺
    Post edited by DaniRose2143 on
  • lori171957lori171957 Posts: 233 Member
    Gordy wrote: »
    There's no way I'm spending nearly 8 dollars for a single item.

But that froggy chair is tempting.

Just think of it. When we get dragons, they can swoop in and burn the projector sheet. :D
  • haisinhaisin Posts: 948 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like the big pillow in the Little Campers kit. I wonder if sims can sit on it. (Oh well I looked at other picture of the pillow and I think it's just decorative. I'm not interested anymore.) The cat radio is cute too and I might use the movie projector, but other than that I'm not sure. I like that there are old gameplay items with reskins, but sadly it's not enough for me to buy it.

The Moonlight Chic kit doesn't interest me at all.
  • ncisGibbs02ncisGibbs02 Posts: 2,018 Member
    edited May 2022
    Werescythe wrote: »

Am I the only one that was kind of hoping to see a virgin killer sweater here. I'm not surprised that there isn't, but still.

FTiv4wcWAAEAeZX.jpeg

Hm... I think I might wait until a review comes out on these items.

I’m more interested in the build kit than the CAS one.

I’m almost certain I’ll buy The Little Campers kit, I can just see how much I would use the stuff.

Now alternating between Sims 2,3 and 4! 😊☕️🌞
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Moonlight Chic looks like stuff we already have, but I will wait and judge better when I can see a cas review with the items on show fully.
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    logion wrote: »
    I like a few of the items from the Moonlight Chic kit, it's difficult to tell exactly what they look like because the image is not very high quality.

One thing that bothers me though is that there are so many crop tops. I know that Maxis tends to make a lot of crop tops but this is too much.

The little campers kit looks nice, it looks like they put in a lot of effort into making the items look unique.

I like crop tops but crop tops with long sleeved jackets over them don't make sense to me. That said,I'm still buying the kit.
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    edited May 2022
    wow, I just love that BB kit. We have alot of posh garden furniture but not alot of 'regular' stuff for sims who dont earn a fortune!LOL This will be a great for a more realistic family gameplay vibe. (although why is the same table on there twice?? please say one is a games table!)

Also love alot of the CAS items too...which Im surprised about. Not usually a fan but it has a good mix of everyday and more 'out there' clothes. I especially love the casual half tucked shirt.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I am really looking forward to adding the Little Campers kit to my gameplay. Brings back memories of sleeping in the backyard with my siblings and building/playing in blanket forts/tents in the house! It was so much fun! My mom would sneak out and scratch the side of the tent to try to scare us, lol. Would be fun if the sim parents could do that too!

Oh me toooo! I think that is one of the reasons I am so psyched for this kit. I loooved backyard campouts as a kid. My dad was the best at playing with us. My older brother would try to terrify me. My older brother taught me to make blanket forts, and then I taught my baby brother. I think this kit really ties into my own childhood so much.

| Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    edited May 2022
    I don't understand the marketing direction they took for Moonlight Chic. I don't really get an evening wear vibe (or chic one) from most of these clothes. They look fine, and I like a few pieces, I just don't think most of the items match the theme very well. I mean shorts and cargo pants don't jump out to me as evening wear unless it's like a beach party, or backyard bbq..

This is largely a guess, but I'm not sure the devs hearts were really in that kit. I've felt lately that the CAS kits are just being made because, well we always make them. Not because they really want to. Someone in marketing is driving this. Their saying CAS kits are the big sellers among kits, but that's sort of a self-fulfilling prophecy. I don't know the sales figures for each kit, but five of the 11 kits so far have been entirely CAS, and mostly geared towards women. Each BB kit has had a singular theme, and yes so have the CAS kits, but those CAS kits have just been adding to the most saturated aspect of the game. I think someone In marketing just looks at the numbers, says female centric items are the big sellers, because they are the majority of what's offered, so they tell the devs to make more clothing for women. I'm guilty of doing my part to perpetuate that by buying everything they offer up.

I think the devs want to expand out and do new and different themes for kits but the higher ups, driven by the bottom line and self-fulfilling prophecy, are demanding that they produce more kits around women's fashion. I'm guessing at that, but I'm with you on the larger point, from what I've seen it's not making me feel like I must have it. It's really uninspired, and I think the devs are burnt out on making that kind of kit.
  • NetzspannungNetzspannung Posts: 2,456 Member

I don't think there's a point in arguing about fashion much, as taste is very subjective and what is considered fashionable also has a lot to do with where you live. But cargo pants or pants with cargo elements like large pockets or military style belts are definitely something one wears on a night out where I live. I wouldn't describe it as evening wear though either, it's for clubbing or just going out for drinks. I thought some examples might help to picture what I mean.

yMD76Ax.jpg

I am actually more confused about the lack of shoes. There should have been at least one pair of heels in this kit.
    If I just posted an outfit you like, I have good news - there is more where that came from!
    https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/956513/netz-a-porter-outfits-ready-to-wear-for-your-sims-no-cc-required
    Twitter: NetzspannungTS

we all try ...
  • gc6164gc6164 Posts: 516 Member
    I think the Moonlight Chic kit looks familiar because of all the crop tops, which we already have an abundance of in game. There are some very nice pieces however I wish we'd see some more unique clothing. I guess making completely new meshes would cost too much for a kit? I expected a lot more dresses for this kit tbh and it seems like there is only 1.
    rqjiqrf78ux6.gif

• crocobauracrocobaura Posts: 7,342 Member

FTiv4wcWAAEAeZX.jpeg

I like the leather jacket and the jewelry, but I find some items questionable, like the cropped white button down shirt and some of the long pants look like items we already have in basegame. And I see that a couple of tops have both male and female versions, but the male version is longer. That's sexist.
    For the camping kit, I like all the items. Would have been nice if cats could sleep on those pillows. Also too bad the smores tray is just deco, would have been nice if sims could grab a marshmallow or biscuit from there as a snack, like they do with the candy jars.

I don't think there's a point in arguing about fashion much, as taste is very subjective and what is considered fashionable also has a lot to do with where you live. But cargo pants or pants with cargo elements like large pockets or military style belts are definitely something one wears on a night out where I live. I wouldn't describe it as evening wear though either, it's for clubbing or just going out for drinks. I thought some examples might help to picture what I mean.

yMD76Ax.jpg

I am actually more confused about the lack of shoes. There should have been at least one pair of heels in this kit.

Heels have always felt like an afterthought, to me at least. Most of what we have is a few strappy sandals and a couple of basic pumps. That was one of the elements that drove me to start using cc years ago. They've done a really good job with sneakers recently, the ones from Throwback Fitness and Incheon Arrivals come to mind, especially the Incheon ones. I'd love to see them bring that same quality of modeling to a variety of pumps.

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member

yMD76Ax.jpg

Funny how when I look at these pictures I see exactly what you mean, but when I look at the items in the game I don't feel that at all. I'm not sure if it's because of lack of context or because we have so many items now that everything feels the same in some way or another.

Seeing the sims posing in Paris or something probably would have helped. (Not windenburg like the sims twitter posted).
    yMD76Ax.jpg

Obviously fashion is somewhat subjective. And even in one area, there will be many factors which dictate what a person wears where and when..
    Also in the fashion industry, they can, and do find a way to make anything look chic.. Whatever makes it sell. I guess I meant on a broader scale.. If I went out on a given evening, I wouldn't expect to see a lot of women in heels and cargo pants. Not that I don't think it is a cute look. It just isn't what my mind conjures up as something for a night out.. Even in those pictures, I think the outfits are cute, but also casual, and great for an afternoon, or early drinks perhaps.. I dunno..

Like I said, it just wasn't what I had pictured to be coming.

• dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    gc6164 wrote: »
    There are some very nice pieces however I wish we'd see some more unique clothing.

Admittedly Im not fashion conscious at all but I suppose there really are only so many ways you can make a pair of trousers or a crop top! I think that was where the Indian kit got it right, lots of emphasis on prints, colours and detailing as thats where you can best make things different.

The alternative is to do a 'London Fashion Week' kit with runway fashion which would be horrifying and insane!LOL

• logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2022
    yMD76Ax.jpg

Obviously fashion is somewhat subjective. And even in one area, there will be many factors which dictate what a person wears where and when..
    Also in the fashion industry, they can, and do find a way to make anything look chic.. Whatever makes it sell. I guess I meant on a broader scale.. If I went out on a given evening, I wouldn't expect to see a lot of women in heels and cargo pants. Not that I don't think it is a cute look. It just isn't what my mind conjures up as something for a night out.. Even in those pictures, I think the outfits are cute, but also casual, and great for an afternoon, or early drinks perhaps.. I dunno..

I have often wondered if the reason why one might feel like that (because I often feel that way) is because of the art style of the sims 4. It's a bit more cartoony and therefore you expect things to be a little more expressive, because that's how it is in cartoons.

And there is not enough detail to see the difference (especially in that low quality picture) between a pair of cargo pants that you use when going out hiking and a pair of cargo pants that you use to go to a night club.

On the picture of the real people, you see the difference. In The Sims 4, when your sim is standing on an empty background, and with that cartoony art style, it's more difficult to get clothes like that to look unique.
    logion wrote: »
    yMD76Ax.jpg

I have often wondered if the reason why one might feel like that (because I often feel that way) is because of the art style of the sims 4. It's a bit more cartoony and therefore you expect things to be a little more expressive, because that's how it is in cartoons.

And there is not enough detail to see the difference (especially in that low quality picture) between a pair of cargo pants that you use when going out hiking and a pair of cargo pants that you use to go to a night club.

On the picture of the real people, you see the difference. In The Sims 4, when your sim is standing on an empty background, and with that cartoony art style, it's more difficult to get clothes like that to look unique.

Yeah it could be that that has something to do with it. Because when I saw them, I wasn't picturing anything like in the photos. I see cargo pants, and I picture hiking, bbq's, picnics, work clothing, and that sort of thing. Which is funny cause in the 90's when cargo pants were in style (initially), I did where them like in the pics above, with heels and done up. But, it still isn't what my mind jumps to when seeing cargo pants on a blank backsplash..

I can rarely tell how I feel about a clothing item until I see it on an actual sim.. So this is a good point.