Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Little Campers and Moonlight Chic (Available Now)

Comments

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    crocobaura wrote: »
    RedShoe7 wrote: »
    @crocobaura There is something familiar about the wall behind her and the post with the chain over her right shoulder, it has a deja vu quality. I think @Redshoe7 is right, that part is Windenberg. Eliza in Paris is a play on words with the title of the Netflix show Emily in Paris. A fashion kit tipping the hat to a comedy set in fashionable Paris.

I know they have those kind of rails in Windenburg, but the buildings seem different, more like in Britchester maybe. In Windenburg buildings are all medieval or really modern, and the white building in the background has a Parisian look to it.

Those background buildings are also in Windenburg.

Yes, they confirmed that it's Windenburg. :neutral:

Don't feel bad. I turned the sign on the back of the Blue Velvet in Willow Creek into a new world too.🤣 Its contagious.

We all want a new world so bad we're chasing ghosts.

I probably shouldn't have said ghost at a time like this, somebody is liable to start saying we're getting updated ghosts too!

• RedShoe7RedShoe7 Posts: 705 Member
    @crocobaura There is something familiar about the wall behind her and the post with the chain over her right shoulder, it has a deja vu quality. I think @Redshoe7 is right, that part is Windenberg. Eliza in Paris is a play on words with the title of the Netflix show Emily in Paris. A fashion kit tipping the hat to a comedy set in fashionable Paris.

I know they have those kind of rails in Windenburg, but the buildings seem different, more like in Britchester maybe. In Windenburg buildings are all medieval or really modern, and the white building in the background has a Parisian look to it.

Sorry, I would love a Parisian world too!
  • JestTruJestTru Posts: 1,761 Member
    edited May 2022
    Werescythe wrote: »
    Werescythe wrote: »
    I think they'll be interesting... Let's just hope that werewolves come with the GP and occults simmers don't get left out in the cold... Like always.

They dropped a couple of big hints in the Little Campers pic. The TS3 werewolf movie scene and a full moon. And on the main menu in the game itself, the drawing for 'Cozy Fun Coming Soon' has a plushie werewolf, or what looks like one to me.

Let's just hope these are actual hints and not just little tidbits thrown in to hype people up for something that has nothing to do with werewolves.

Right now I'm planning on holding off on buying these packs (which do seem nice by the way) until the GP. Partially because if the GP comes out and its not werewolves, I may just uninstall Sims 4 and walk away. No point in investing in a game, when the company isn't supporting the stuff that I originally bought the game for.

If it turns out to be something other than werewolves, I wouldn't envy the guru who has to deliver that news.

The team would have really dropped the ball, if so, and they would deserve all of the anger from Simmers, especially occult players, if they did this.

But, I do feel they would have directly said so.

They have stopped many folks from speculating in the past on Twitter by saying “No, it’s not X” when they saw many, many folks speculating about certain things. I remembered with RoM that one guru even said directly and clearly during the speculating on Twitter that there were no werewolves in RoM.

I would feel that they would also stop folks from speculating about werewolves with this one as well, following that same pattern unless that one thing was a one-off to avoid severe disappointment for RoM….

I have full faith this is going to be werewolves. I was just having a little fun with @Werescythe's nervousness. There has been too many clues and hints, and we as a community have been so vocal with our excitement, if it wasn't they would have extinguished that fire a long time ago knowing how much blow back there would be if they didn't and delivered something else altogether.

The only big mysteries left now are, just what will they look like, will they have any special abilities or powers, will it be in ranked system like vampires or more like spellcasters, and will we be getting a new world? Oh and will we be getting fog effects for all worlds?

Since I'm worried that any new world will be a werewolf version of Forgotten Hollow, tiny with little in the way of buildable lots, I just want fog and let me and my pack of she-wolves go have fun in Henford-on-Bagley.

Ah-ooooooo!!!! I haven't let out a good wolf howl in days. Ah-ooooooo!!🌕🐺

Maybe the world is going to be Paris, they just posted this and the building doesn't seem familiar.

My first thought is...
    "An American Werewolf in Paris"
    It is a movie.

Or... "Emily in Paris"... the TV show that has Chic Fashion in it.
    WbUrFQm.png

Sorry, I would love a Parisian world too!

It would be nice, but I'm still worried any new world is going to be tiny. The devs can feel free to prove me wrong, it won't hurt my feelings.

• alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,384 Member
    I don't think there will be another French world after Tartosa.

What we really need is a big, dark, spooky, foggy forest world for all occults.
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    I didn't even notice that engraved bigfoot. Imagine
    If we really did get both werewolves and a real sasquach😭😭😭
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,362 Member
    mika wrote: »
    People are saying Campers is a rehash…

Projector = Movie Hangout Stuff

Fire Pit = Outdoor Retreat

Swing set = Seasons

The Swingset from this kit is more attractive though cause of the fairie lights. Also Island Living came with it's own swing set.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,518 Member
    Lol, it makes me laugh when people talk about a rehash. Every BB kit is a rehash of something. They're just BB kits, not gameplay kits.

Country kitchen kit, we already had fridges, counters etc. Courtyard Oasis, we already had fountains, stairs, archways etc etc...

It looks like they did this one pretty well to make it look really different. I mean, we're not just getting another TV that looks like a TV, we're getting a blanket projector. And so on. You get the idea 😉
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    Lol, it makes me laugh when people talk about a rehash. Every BB kit is a rehash of something. They're just BB kits, not gameplay kits.

Country kitchen kit, we already had fridges, counters etc. Courtyard Oasis, we already had fountains, stairs, archways etc etc...

It looks like they did this one pretty well to make it look really different. I mean, we're not just getting another TV that looks like a TV, we're getting a blanket projector. And so on. You get the idea 😉

I agree. The theme of the kit doesn't tickle my particular fancy, but it certainly does seem very creatively done.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    edited May 2022
    I've never been a huge family gameplay simmer, but this Little Campers kit is making me properly giddy!
  • deedles64deedles64 Posts: 149 Member
    edited May 2022
    Me too @DaniRose2143 !! Although I am a family gameplay simmer so I guess I'm twice as giddy!!
  • dogzdinnerdogzdinner Posts: 422 Member
    Wait...the car is an activity table?? one that doesnt look like all the rest in game?? brilliant!
    Also love the idea of a proper home made dollhouse.

As for the radio, judgement reserved to see if you can actually put it on top of things....so many of the stereos in game dont place on tables, etc its just weird.
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member

Yeah I don't get this criticism at all. Every pack that comes out has redone items in it. But if the pack comes with new game play then it is acceptable. New couch, yay, new bed yay, but the second it is only the items, somehow these things can no longer be liked or enjoyed...

They are still newly designed items, with a look that is completely unique. Plus the projector is made for outside. The original projector was basically a giant TV. I would have never put a giant TV outside. It would look ridiculous imo. Things I couldn't do before this kit:
    • Watch movies outside realistically.
    • Have kids play in a blanker fort.
    • Have kids play in a cardboard car.

So yeah, that is new game play as far as I am concerned. I know it is not officially a game play kit, but it offers me a new way to play, so..

Also, not everyone gets every pack. So some people don't have the TV projector already, in which case this is an entirely new item for them.

Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    I am really looking forward to adding the Little Campers kit to my gameplay. Brings back memories of sleeping in the backyard with my siblings and building/playing in blanket forts/tents in the house! It was so much fun! My mom would sneak out and scratch the side of the tent to try to scare us, lol. Would be fun if the sim parents could do that too!
  • MsKatieRoseMsKatieRose Posts: 672 Member
    The Little Campers Kit is a no go for me. It looks cute, but I can see never using that kit as I rarely use The Outdoor Retreat pack.
    However, the Moonlight Chic Kit does seem interesting and can't wait to see what wardrobe pieces it adds. Hopefully, more than the Carnaval Kit, lol.
    Always be your unapologetically and authentic self
    edited May 2022
    I really I hope to see more kits like this in the future! Things that add creatively different things!
    I always thought kits should bring things that are actually niche and/or not the average.
    I just know I'm going to use this every play session. Everytime I see a picture of it I love love love the items and possible set up I'm imagining with this. I still can't get over how they added the string lights! So cuuuteee. I'm plotting on this for both my kids and childish sim. 🙈
    edited May 2022
    Thank you for posting simgirl! I've been waiting for a better look at all of the clothes. Sadly I only see one shirt I like.....Do people really go out or stroll under the moon with their partners like this? Lol 😳
    Forgive me if this is an actual thing....
    My wardrobe just cannot understand it very well. Neither can my sim's wardrobe.
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,823 Member
    I see cargo pants that would be perfect for my S2 Nina Caliente inspired makeover if they come in a pink swatch. 👀
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,525 Member
    mika wrote: »
    People are saying Campers is a rehash…

Projector = Movie Hangout Stuff

Fire Pit = Outdoor Retreat

Swing set = Seasons

The Swingset from this kit is more attractive though cause of the fairie lights. Also Island Living came with it's own swing set.

If you have just about everything so far, you can build a Little Campers substitute, but I have to admit it does appear more appropriate and fitting for the theme.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    edited May 2022
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • logionlogion Posts: 4,712 Member
    edited May 2022
    I like a few of the items from the Moonlight Chic kit, it's difficult to tell exactly what they look like because the image is not very high quality.

One thing that bothers me though is that there are so many crop tops. I know that Maxis tends to make a lot of crop tops but this is too much.

The little campers kit looks nice, it looks like they put in a lot of effort into making the items look unique.
  • EternalSunshineEternalSunshine Posts: 339 Member
    Here is an image with all of the Little Campers kit items:

FTiv4wcWAAEAeZX.jpeg
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,015 Member
    There's no way I'm spending nearly 8 dollars for a single item.

But that froggy chair is tempting.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017