Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Carl's difficulty mod

124...Next

Comments

• LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    edited April 2022
    @LadyKyn I couldn't agree more. It's rather baffling to me that he can make all these mods and yet not make them modular, which leaves only the assumption that he doesn't WANT to make them modular, which is even more baffling.

I've always been grateful to Carl and his very helpful guides, but I'm not interested in trying any of his mods yet. Not gonna load my game down with humongous mods that might have 1 or 2 things I'm interested in to get 10 more that not only am I not interested in, but actively DO NOT WANT. And apparently there's no way to turn them off.

Just, puzzling.

Yeah, always enjoyed his guides, but doesn't seem like he's taking any advice in what would be useful and beneficial for everyone if you just had folders you could just take out if you don't want it. I have a majority of smaller mods from various creators that do the same thing his mega mod does. It conflicts with some so I just ended up taking it out all together. I use some varying mods that already helped fixed dine out and the retail system from GTW.

One of the biggest mods in my game is MC command and you can just take things out of it that you don't want. Doesn't really force things on my game I don't want without the option to turn it on and off or remove it completely.

Head scratcher indeed to why a big mega mod is the way to go. Should really consult more seasoned modders for advice and suggestions from the community.

That and I've been getting LE's out the butt with that mod plus a drop in frame rate too badly (70fps dropped to 13) so definitely not worth it to me right now.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • StormkeepStormkeep Posts: 7,632 Member
    @LadyKyn, he removed the Dine Out features from the Gameplay Overhaul mod, splitting it into it's own Dine Out Overhaul mod. So...lets hope that means he's listening and it's just the beginning of him making a more modular approach.

He also does a lot of replacement rather than override for tuning files that he modifies, and scripting for many things, both of which should minimize conflicts with other mods. I had no problems leaving in all of my other fix mods for Dine Out while still using his Gameplay Overhaul when it still had his Dine Out fixes in it. Though I was, of course, glad when he just removed those features from it in the first place.
    This post will be edited by StormKeep at some point.
    2c2ab3785fad83173d9a155efa4afd1fc99b9595.jpg
    The Winters family Tree --- My Mods
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,594 Member
    Stormkeep wrote: »
    @LadyKyn, he removed the Dine Out features from the Gameplay Overhaul mod, splitting it into it's own Dine Out Overhaul mod. So...lets hope that means he's listening and it's just the beginning of him making a more modular approach.

He also does a lot of replacement rather than override for tuning files that he modifies, and scripting for many things, both of which should minimize conflicts with other mods. I had no problems leaving in all of my other fix mods for Dine Out while still using his Gameplay Overhaul when it still had his Dine Out fixes in it. Though I was, of course, glad when he just removed those features from it in the first place.

That's good to know. :3

Because that's pretty overwhelming to have such a big mod when the majority of things I don't need outweighs what I do like with the mod. Still may hold off a little longer for some things to be able to be put in and out of it. As I do have various mods that do address those broken packs. So, hope he does take a lot of what the community says with good critique. Might give the Dine Out one a look, but probably won't bother with the main one until some bigger features are able to be seperated.
    5vJrxmT.png
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    LadyKyn wrote: »
    @LadyKyn I couldn't agree more. It's rather baffling to me that he can make all these mods and yet not make them modular, which leaves only the assumption that he doesn't WANT to make them modular, which is even more baffling.

I've always been grateful to Carl and his very helpful guides, but I'm not interested in trying any of his mods yet. Not gonna load my game down with humongous mods that might have 1 or 2 things I'm interested in to get 10 more that not only am I not interested in, but actively DO NOT WANT. And apparently there's no way to turn them off.

Just, puzzling.

Yeah, always enjoyed his guides, but doesn't seem like he's taking any advice in what would be useful and beneficial for everyone if you just had folders you could just take out if you don't want it. I have a majority of smaller mods from various creators that do the same thing his mega mod does. It conflicts with some so I just ended up taking it out all together. I use some varying mods that already helped fixed dine out and the retail system from GTW.

One of the biggest mods in my game is MC command and you can just take things out of it that you don't want. Doesn't really force things on my game I don't want without the option to turn it on and off or remove it completely.

Head scratcher indeed to why a big mega mod is the way to go. Should really consult more seasoned modders for advice and suggestions from the community.

That and I've been getting LE's out the butt with that mod plus a drop in frame rate too badly (70fps dropped to 13) so definitely not worth it to me right now.
    @LadyKyn I believe someone else on another thread mentioned the fps drop and LEs, although it may have been you there too, my memory isn't what it should be LOL. That is something else that's kept me from trying out his mods. I would hope that you're right and he will listen to his patreons at least and start making things more modular.

Speaking of Dine Out specifically, the only mods I use to make my experience with restaurants just fine is Bienchen's No Autonomous Make Mess (for kids and toddlers) and LittleMsSam's Faster Restaurant Cooking. It takes me literally 2 seconds to reset the chefs, so i don't need a mod for that.

Something else that annoys me re: Carl is the fact that at least one of his megamods, Seasons Tuner, which he claims fixes the dirt pile reversion bug, has been behind a paywall since at least December 21 of last year, which is going on 4 months and to my knowledge violates EA's requirements for releasing anything behind a paywall in 2 to 3 weeks. It's only a buck, but it still annoys me since I've watched a video on Seasons Tuner and the dirt pile bug is the only and singular thing about it that interests me. Just how big is that mod I can't see, and how will it affect my game? I'd sure like to know before going in.

@Stormkeep That's very interesting, I didn't know that. I've checked out his separated DO mod and maybe you can tell me if I'm incorrect, but it seems to me that this mod is more geared towards problems people are having while trying to run a restaurant rather than just visiting? He seems fixated on the waiters, but waiters work fine in my game. Since I never run a restaurant, unfortunately his separated mod for DO is still nothing that I need. But, maybe I'm just lucky with my waiters, who knows.
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
    @FatTribble, yah, his Dine Out mod is kind of a 'entire package'. It focuses on both the running a restaurant and visiting a restaurant problems. It includes a fix for chefs needing to be reset, for example, but is also very fixated on waiters. And I agree with you, the waiters aren't really a problem unless you are running a restaurant (and haven't trained your waiters up at all).

That's why I was glad when he seperated it from the gameplay overhaul mod. I'm not interested in his Dine Out fixes but I do use the Gameplay Overhaul mod.

For restaurants I use a few mods by bienchen that tweak restaurant visitors (to keep them seated) and get the chefs into the kitchen without needing to reset them and the faster cooking one by LittleMsSam that you mentioned...and that's all I need to have a perfectly reliable restaurant in my game.
  • FatTribble23FatTribble23 Posts: 845 Member
    @FatTribble, yah, his Dine Out mod is kind of a 'entire package'. It focuses on both the running a restaurant and visiting a restaurant problems. It includes a fix for chefs needing to be reset, for example, but is also very fixated on waiters. And I agree with you, the waiters aren't really a problem unless you are running a restaurant (and haven't trained your waiters up at all).

That's why I was glad when he seperated it from the gameplay overhaul mod. I'm not interested in his Dine Out fixes but I do use the Gameplay Overhaul mod.

For restaurants I use a few mods by bienchen that tweak restaurant visitors (to keep them seated) and get the chefs into the kitchen without needing to reset them and the faster cooking one by LittleMsSam that you mentioned...and that's all I need to have a perfectly reliable restaurant in my game.
    Thanks for answering, it's good to know I wasn't too far off in my suppositions. Even though his DO mod doesn't help me personally, it's good to know that it's there for those who want to run restaurants. I'm not begrudging anyone anything that helps them play the game the way they want to play it.

I found that mod you mentioned by Bienchen that keeps the guests seated. I haven't tried it yet but I'm looking forward to giving it a go. I have another mod for DO I forgot to mention, one by Simularity that makes NPCs finish their meals. I probably have others I've forgotten about. :smiley:
    HcmCUds.jpg
    Life needs an undo button.
    I use one by bienchen that is similiar to that Simularity one that you mention, @FatTribble23. I recall checking out Simularity's and Lotharihoe's mods for it, and sticking with Bienchen's because hers covered the same aspects and she's generally quicker about updating if and when needed. Hers touches more tuning files as well, though.
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    edited April 2022
    Even though his DO mod doesn't help me personally, it's good to know that it's there for those who want to run restaurants. I'm not begrudging anyone anything that helps them play the game the way they want to play it.

I know your comment was aimed at someone else but even so to clarify my own intentions, you are partly right, but then there are times i'd like to send a sim or their friends or family to a restaurant, grab a bite to eat and have some conversation. give them a good time out. Just do something a little different every once in a while than a meal at home.

For a long time before DO became even more bugged that it is already, i had managed to get one of my sims to eat all the experimental stuff and i've had that sim cook all of them at least half a dozen times and let other sims eat them so they can cook them just so i can create a dining experience at a sim home with the chef station and family eager to eat something different.

Now if i can only find a small mod that fixes attracting all the sims in the galaxy to gather around a music device and dance above any other priority, then i can add some musical options to the experience, both at home and at the restaurant.
  • 83bienchen83bienchen Posts: 2,554 Member
    @Hoverael: Do you happen to have tried my dancingtweak mod, yet?
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/
    Now now EA, don't be stinking up our lovely lavender bath with your shopping fart. - My TS4 mods - Gallery ID: 83bienchen
  • HoveraelHoverael Posts: 1,230 Member
    83bienchen wrote: »
    @Hoverael: Do you happen to have tried my dancingtweak mod, yet?
    https://deichschafblog.de/bienchen/autonomie-mods-autonomy-mods/

afraid not, your site isn't well advertised when i go looking for mods. that stated, now you bring it up i'm likely to download it and use it, so thanks for that.

---

on a separate matter related to your autonomy tweaks, any chance of looking into spa day autonomy? some things are really driving me nuts with it and i have made mention in the past regarding it. Since the spa pack was updated it seems EA devs are not interested in fixing the autonomy around it, so my only hope is someone like yourself to see if you can help out.

specifically i'd like sims when they get a massage to actually stay and have their massage and other sims don't constantly interrupt to cancel a massage to another sim just so they can get on the table or the chair and then someone else interrupts them and so forth. i'd also like to see an adjustment made forbidding sims from interacting with spa workers when they are currently busy in massage or doing a cure as a conversation starts up and a sim comes over and just stands there smiling and doing nothing, often where there is one there is another that will join and then another.

finally is it possible to look into sims mopping a floor while an object is still damaged? it's completely unproductive when they don't repair the problem first, so they spend all their lives standing n one spot with a mop just cleaning up puddles and another forms and then another. can the autonomy be adjusted so mopping always comes second to repairing the object first?
  • bshag4lvbshag4lv Posts: 9,374 Member
    All I can say is his gardening mod works, my sims can have large gardens again, his DO mod works like a charm in my game, also renewed gameplay because of EA.

I haven't downloaded his real estate mod yet, too much going on, lol.

I trust Carl's mods not to destroy my game, and if something goes wrong, I trust he will fix it quickly. :)
    In my house, dog hair sticks to everything but the dog.