Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Morale is Rock Bottom? How do you feel about the state of the Sims

Comments

• Mistletoe143Mistletoe143 Posts: 2,803 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    As great as the open world concept is in Sims 3, my number one complaint about that series is that the packs did not integrate well with each other. For example, dive lots and house boats were pretty much in one world only and you either play that world or not. You basically could not play one household with access to travel to all the worlds. In Sims 4, I don't mind having features limited to certain worlds, like having a pet dominated world, a farming community, and a city world with apartments, because I can access them all with my one household. I also don't mind not having cars, because that realism killed the store worlds like Lunar Lakes and the world that came with dragons (forgive my forgetfulness). There are so many beautiful worlds in Sims 3 that I owned but never really explored, because I couldn't visit them in depth with the few households that I play. So, for my playstyle, Sims 4 suits me better, because I want the megahood and to be able to use all the worlds together in some way. I want the series to continue with new content, especially as Sims 5 is not ready at all to be released. I don't even know if I will even buy Sims 5. But so far, Sims 4 is satisfying me with how the expansion and dlc is better integrated with the worlds. Can you even imagine not having new content for two years while we wait for Sims 5? Is that what people really want?
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,973 Member
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve
    It feels like the heart is gone on their end. Lots of PR & schmaltz, but no heart.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,708 Member
    I'm very happy and satisfied with the state of The Sims, though I have some minor concerns
    I get up every day looking forward to loading my game and playing with my virtual family. 💚
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    I get up every day looking forward to loading my game and playing with my virtual family. 💚

I feel this way but towards Sims 1-3. Since these are past games, the future concerns me and so I answered differently in the poll.
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    edited May 2022
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I still love playing Sims 4 (and modded Sims 3), but I’m still waiting for more occults and to see what the future holds for Sims series. :smile:
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    I feel "meh" right now. I'm neither dissatisfied or satisfied with The Sims franchise
    I'm in the "meh" category for now. I really wish there weren't so many bugs when playing this game. Doesn't matter if it was PC, PS4 or PS5. There are times when it was literally unplayable. I haven't played the game in months, and right now there really isn't a compelling reason for me to fire it up on my PS5.

You know things are bad when I'd prefer to play GTA Online in Invite Only mode instead.
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • jpsulsuldagdagjpsulsuldagdag Posts: 450 Member
    My morale is low. It's going to take significant work by EA and The Sims to get me satisfied and trusting the team again
    With the bugs and all that and now the freezing issue for 10-15 seconds at random intervals....I'm dissatisfied.
  • simmeroriginsimmerorigin Posts: 1,370 Member
    With the bugs and all that and now the freezing issue for 10-15 seconds at random intervals....I'm dissatisfied.

Is this from the pronoun update? I heard there are some major issues with that. Hopefully, it gets resolved. I think the Sims team is aware of it
    He/him | Simmer since Sims 1 | Active Sims 2 wants-based rotational player, Sims 3 legacy player | My gameplay rules via PleasantSims | Bring back challenge and depth to the Sims: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/17959464/#Comment_17959464
  • Sorak4Sorak4 Posts: 3,934 Member
    I enjoy the Sims 4 sometimes, absolutely adored The Sims 2 and 3 but the more of TS4 I play the more I feel the games worst enemy is its lag problem, even with the mods to curb it. I like it deep down but there's a lot of issues.

I'm on a high end PC and simulation lag is making me feel like I'm back to playing the Sims 3 on my 1gb Ram laptop from 13 years ago, it's fun until it happens then it becomes a nightmare that I find out hasn't been fixed for many years. I doubt it will at this point, and it'll just most likely escalate as we get more expansions

But then the other half of me feels like EAs turning the Sims more and more into a fantasy game and less of the life simulators I grew up playing, the little we're getting in the way of actual new gameplay are either brokenly buggy or include silly elements like dust bunnies that turn something otherwise perfectly realistic into a cartoon caricature. Literal dust bunnies. What a way to ruin what could've been a realistic daily chore for my life simulation experiences to have happen.

I'm fearful for Sims' future. Look at how the Sims Online turned out back then, or how EA's other franchises have gone, Heat stopped getting support after 6 months, Battlefront 2 had the whole lootbox thing, The Sims 4 has over £800 of paid DLC! Imagine how much worse it will get with the Sims 5. We're going to pay for Seasons the 4th game in the row, and we're going to pay to have washing machines for the 3rd time.
    L9q8VGi.png
    My morale is rock bottom. I'm continually disappointed, and I question if things will improve

Lucky you! I get up every week day not looking forward to going to work. Weekends the Sims need to wait their turn, which may - or may not - come.

Is this from the pronoun update? I heard there are some major issues with that. Hopefully, it gets resolved. I think the Sims team is aware of it

You mean they can't even update pronouns without breaking the game? [looks for shovel to dig the hole deeper]
  • beckyx1991beckyx1991 Posts: 19 Member
    After years of disappointment, I really like the way the Sims 4 is finally going. Snowy Escape, Cottage Living and Werewolves have my heart.
    But Journey to Batuu, My First Pet Stuff and glitchy packs on release left me frustrated and thinking it would be the end of the Sims.
  • EleriEleri Posts: 534 Member
    In my case, Dream Home Decorator had me completely obsessed. I didn't buy it on release though. These days if you buy a pack on release you're basically an unofficial beta tester.
    -No, my almost-elderly mother, I don't think it's a good time for you to try for a baby.
    -Yes, person I barely know, you have my blessing to hang out with Johnny Zest.
    -No person with the mean, hot-headed and self-absorbed traits, I don't think you should get married.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    edited July 2022
    I voted rock bottom although it is inbetween rock bottom and morale is low.

I want to play the Sims 4 and do in dribs and drabs but I feel very un-inspired by it.

I like to play a vanilla game which is not possible with bugs and problems that never seem to be fixed. I feel totally uninspired and struggle to find my way in the game at times.

I work my way around each Neighbourhood playing the pre-mades to get a feel for each pack but it often feel like I am going through the motions of doing the same things. Maybe there is too much content and being someone that like to achieve it all it is overwhelming.

Having said that the new pack coming out for teens, High School looks interesting, but why oh why didn't they make University more fun and interesting. I think the biggest annoyance for me is I used to like how the Sims 2 played at University. I could really make a game of it with young adults at Uni and even taking a break to go on a Vacation. The way University is set up in the Sims 4 you are compelled to play from start to finish, and for me is not a lot of fun. I rarely play the University pack in the Sims 4 these days.

I am still a few of the newer packs short as I didn't buy Wedding Stories after reading about the bugs in it. Werewolves, hmmm, didn't really inspire me with the look of the pack but I haven't bought or played it yet so can't really comment.

I don't know why but I usually end up starting new game when new things are added in. It seems a lot more fun when starting a fresh game.

I never felt this way by playing The Sims 1, 2 or 3. I had a lot of fun with them and getting the game how I like to play it. Not sure why I feel this way about the Sims 4 but it would go a long way if I could play the game without encountering problems that need fixing.
  • PrincessrozeeSPrincessrozeeS Posts: 390 Member
    I was hoping before it launched that TS4 would be the best of 2 & 3 combined, updated for the current level of tech, and going on to new heights of simming bliss. Was I ever wrong!

Yes I totally agree. They had 3 previous games to build on.

I always thought that an updated Sims 2 would have been great. A bit like they have done with the Sims 4. I never wanted the Sims 2 to end and was very disappointed when it did. I think once they closed the Sims 2 forum that was final act, and to think of all the content that fans had put on there including myself.

I do not dislike the Sims 4 as a game. It is a very attractive game but it lacks so much that the Sims 2 had. The quirkiness of Townies, the humour, and the Sims seemed to have personality. You never knew what to expect when some Townies, Mrs Crumplebottom, the Charlatan or other NPC's appeared on community lots. I loved all the video cuts that were in the Sims 2 game when having a first kiss or when Univerity was finally over. Finding "easter eggs" in the game was also another surprise. The best part of the Sims 2 for me was University and Open for Business. They were such fun to play and we could run a business selling or sorts of things and I did, even grilled cheese, lol. But the fun part came when you had an un-experience person at the till and the customers would get impatient, throw their bags down and walk out the door LOL. That is the sort of thing that is missing from the Sims 4.

Even some of the glitches in the Sims were funny and often gave me a laugh. Like 2 helicopters turning up to take the Sims to work. I miss the taxi and cars that we had in the Sims 2.

There is so much content in the Sims 4 it should be a great game, but most of the content is in objects and clothing, instead of concentrating on making the game fun and amusing with game play. It could have given us a better University experience and with running a business. So much could have been done to make the Sims 4 better.

• DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,661 Member
    With the addition of Werewolves I'm close to being extremely satisfied. There are a few bugs I'd love to see addressed and a few features, the creepy phone calls is the big one, that I'd like see go away without the need for adding more mods to stop them. Other than that I am very happy with the game. Any boredom with the game is related to my imagination hitting a wall. A Short break to reset, usually a week or so and I'm good to go again for months.
  • pisceschick75pisceschick75 Posts: 540 Member
    I will be completely honest...I have stopped buying. I do play The Sims 3, but it glitches from time to time, or completely stops altogether. I take a break for a while when I feel that the game has gotten stale. When I do get the urge, I will buy from The Sims 3 Store...I will not be completing my Sims 4 collection...I find no joy in that. I do have The Sims 2 Complete Collection, although I do miss all of my Sims Store downloads that I had purchased in the past. Again, I have no intention of completing TS4...just not interested.
    Is there a support group for Simming Addiction? I think I need it... :p
  • patrickcreatespatrickcreates Posts: 38 Member
    I think I'm somewhere between "meh" and "low."

There have definitely been some big wins between the creation of this thread and now, and I'm happy to acknowledge that. For me, it comes down to the fact that we never know what we're getting when these packs come out. I don't trust that the pack I buy will work as intended, especially if I purchase at launch. I don't trust that the gameplay will be engaging, or that I'll get an adequate amount of build/buy items to make my purchase feel substantial.

That's the biggest thing for me... there is just so much inconsistency from pack to pack, and muddy commitments made by misleading trailers. I wish that the Sims team was able to be more transparent regarding overall pack value, and that they had the time they need to polish each pack before launch. Plus the confusion around Kits... and Stuff packs? And Kits having more items than some Stuff Packs for half the price?

All of these points are connected to me and speak directly to the anti-consumer nature of how EA has been managing the franchise recently. Just a bummer, really. But I do really, really appreciate that launches have been much smoother recently.
    Check out my YouTube channel for weekly speed builds and commentary on The Sims 4 :blush:
    YouTube Channel: https://bit.ly/PatrickFilms
    Sims Twitter: https://bit.ly/PatrickTweets
  • Winifred_WillowWinifred_Willow Posts: 423 Member
    I'll be totally honest, I've only played a few hour over the last few months. I don't have any negative feelings for the game, I do enjoy it. I think the problem for me is it's not "drawing me in" like it used to. Things aren't spontaneous and sometimes unpredictable in this version like previous versions of the game. I enjoyed the personalities of the sims actually having an impact on their interactions with their surroundings and other sims autonomously-it was so fun to sit back and just watch. I liked that and I would like to see that back. Right now my attention is being taken up by other games with new content and things to do and explore. I don't want to say I'm getting bored with the game, I love my pixel families- but I need something a little more than what the game is giving me right now, which is not a whole lot of spontaneity and unpredictability.
  • SheepilingSheepiling Posts: 579 Member
    I'm really happy that we finally got Werewolves this year, but it was a 3 year wait for them after Spellcasters came out, and there was also a 3 year gap in between Vampires and Spellcasters too. So it'll probably be 3 years until we get fairies, then another 3 years for zombies, and those are the only two that have been commented on by Simgurus so we may not even get genies, mummies, imaginary friends, unicorns, and real plantsims...
  • KbobsterKbobster Posts: 156 Member
    I love the Sims! IDK if this is about any particular Sims game, but I like them all. I really, REALLY wish EA could buy back the rights to Sims 2 and put it back on Origin. Oh, to play Sims 2, again.
    But yeah, no game is perfect. And to accommodate other people's computers, corners have to be cut, sadly. So, until computers get their ish together and at a fair price, there will never be a sims game that has it all and then more.
  • ShanaSPutnamShanaSPutnam Posts: 13 New Member
    > @hely0t said:
    > The only issue I have regarding The Sims is getting into Sims4 again like I have recently, trying to become part of the community as enthusiastically as I feel about it, but seeing everyone complaining about things everywhere I go. It's really putting me off wanting to be part of the community, it's not going to be somewhere I'll feel the joy of the game, and I should just continue to enjoy it on my own.

@hely0t this is exactly how I feel
  • johnny33johnny33 Posts: 91 Member
    Just spend the whole weekend playing The Sims 2 (created an empty neighborhood & plan on populating it from only my starter family). I'm never surprised how much fun I have playing 2 despite it not having advanced features found in 3 & 4.

EA should really release a remastered version for newer computers.
  • OnverserOnverser Posts: 3,364 Member
    edited July 2022
    After the latest update.. Yeah this game is not gonna pick itself up and fix its faults. Consistent completely broken content being pushed out with a complete lack of any sort of testing or quality control, Dine Out still being completely ignored and sold in a barely functional state after 6+ years of player complaints, and two packs which I would argue easily take the spot of "worst expansion" and "worst game pack" coming out within 6 months of each other. It's sad to see this game once again decline rather than get better :/
  • SkipInklingSkipInkling Posts: 84 Member
    I don't mind a few bugs and glitches here and there. That happens! Computer games are complicated things. But if I can't play my game at all, for fear that my neighborhood will be destroyed by random aging, well...I start getting a little grouchy. They (I mean EA who keeps pressuring studios to crank out content while cutting costs) have some PR work to do. Not that they will. EA isn't really known for being player-friendly.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top