Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

unpopular opinions

Comments

• SthenastiaSthenastia Posts: 651 Member
    I'm no longer interested in townies overhaul. I've improved townies and lore on my own way and as a console player i can have only 10 savefiles so I really doubt that I will use that new feature. What is more I really like TS4 version of the Goths, Laandgrabs ect. I have no need to change them apperance dramatically. I also afraid that the implementation of the improvement will be bad.
  • SckyaSckya Posts: 3 New Member
    I really don’t like the Cow plant 😤
  • Chaotic_MoiraChaotic_Moira Posts: 482 Member
    Sthenastia wrote: »
    I'm no longer interested in townies overhaul. I've improved townies and lore on my own way and as a console player i can have only 10 savefiles so I really doubt that I will use that new feature. What is more I really like TS4 version of the Goths, Laandgrabs ect. I have no need to change them apperance dramatically. I also afraid that the implementation of the improvement will be bad.

I don't need it either because I redid them, but I am glad they're doing it because I am interested to see what they do. I doubt it will effect games already in play, so I figure why not...
    Features I'd like brought back from the dead.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    edited May 2022
    I actually want to pay for the things they add cause I know that they also have bills to pay.
    I don’t like when people demand for things to be free.

It’s like if I go to a store I bought a sofa from several years ago but now I want it to be a different colour so ofc the store should give me new fabric in a different colour for the sofa for free right?!

Related, I’m always shocked at the number of people on Twitter who will complain in the devs tweets about the game, then openly admit to pirating it. You know, if I steal a car, I don’t have the right to complain that it’s not a Rolls Royce.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,833 Member
    I love this thread. I get really excited when I see there's a new comment. 😄
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,808 Member

I don't need it either because I redid them, but I am glad they're doing it because I am interested to see what they do. I doubt it will effect games already in play, so I figure why not...

I don't care all that much about their stories, if they dovetail with the story I'm telling great, if not I rewrite it in my head and move on. The story I'm telling is more important to me than the story attached to a sim I'm not likely to play. Don't get me wrong I'm always open to hearing different takes on the premades backstories, some are quite fascinating and I love to add that into my story at the time.

• QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    cyncie wrote: »

Related, I’m always shocked at the number of people on Twitter who will complain in the devs tweets about the game, then openly admit to pirating it. You know, if I steal a car, I don’t have the right to complain that it’s not a Rolls Royce.

What fuelled my annoyance towards this was the comment section on insta on sims communitys page.
    I ran right back here. The forum posters are so much nicer.
    This is like a safe place I just felt uuuih let me get back to the warmth of the forums this plce scares me

SignatureSparkly.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    I like most of the Kits.
  • mrs_starkeymrs_starkey Posts: 169 Member
    I don't want an attraction system. I really hope that they make it optional if it comes.

I really hated it back in Sims 2, when I was forced to choose a hair color or body shape a Sim is attracted to. When a child ages up to a teen, how on earth should I know, what he/she finds attractive? When the teen gets older, I get to know the Sim better over time. And when the right time comes, I myself build the Sim of his/her dreams.

I never EVER chose a random townie to be my Sims partner, because I feel closer to my Sims, when I build them myself with lots of love and my whole heart.

I always felt limited, when I HAD to stick to the haircolor or whatever that I had to choose, when the child became a teen.

So if attraction system, than please optional, just like the likes and dislikes. :)

I don't care all that much about their stories, if they dovetail with the story I'm telling great, if not I rewrite it in my head and move on. The story I'm telling is more important to me than the story attached to a sim I'm not likely to play. Don't get me wrong I'm always open to hearing different takes on the premades backstories, some are quite fascinating and I love to add that into my story at the time.

I rarely play townies. Originally I never played them myself; and because of that, back in Sims 2 days, we were several years into that game when I learned they had preset scenarios that played out. I had no idea. So I went and played them. Playing out the mystery of missing Bella, seeing Cassandra get left at the alter, and poor Mary Sue Catching her dirty cheating husband with the maid... oooh the madness.. It was such a joy to me. But it also gave me an attachment to the characters. So I do play with a few townies here and there. I make sure they are who they should be, and keep them around. Play them here or there.

Funnily enough, even though 4 has no lore, I feel the Pancakes have been promoted so much that the story is just as real, and I love them too. Bob might be my favorite Sims 4 sim.
    | Picture in Picture mode | Custom Paintings | Preset scenarios for resident sims | Placing my own lots |
    | Saving my own Buy Mode collections! | Saving an outfit in CAS | CaSt. Smaller is ok | Open World |
    I don't want an attraction system. I really hope that they make it optional if it comes.
    I really hated it back in Sims 2, when I was forced to choose a hair color or body shape a Sim is attracted to. When a child ages up to a teen, how on earth should I know, what he/she finds attractive? When the teen gets older, I get to know the Sim better over time. And when the right time comes, I myself build the Sim of his/her dreams.

I never EVER chose a random townie to be my Sims partner, because I feel closer to my Sims, when I build them myself with lots of love and my whole heart.
    I always felt limited, when I HAD to stick to the haircolor or whatever that I had to choose, when the child became a teen.
    So if attraction system, than please optional, just like the likes and dislikes. :)

I am sooo the opposite. It seems so meaningless to me to have a romantic partner for my sim who could have just as easily been any other sim and it would have been the same relationship. I want them to feel something for THIS sim, because THIS sim is the right one for them. I don't want to just pretend my sim is out on the town getting some attention, I want another sim to actually be drawn to her/him.

But in any case, I am fairly confident that it will utilize the system of likes and dislikes they have just added. So you will be able to just ignore it.
    edited May 2022

I rarely play townies. Originally I never played them myself; and because of that, back in Sims 2 days, we were several years into that game when I learned they had preset scenarios that played out. I had no idea. So I went and played them. Playing out the mystery of missing Bella, seeing Cassandra get left at the alter, and poor Mary Sue Catching her dirty cheating husband with the maid... oooh the madness.. It was such a joy to me. But it also gave me an attachment to the characters. So I do play with a few townies here and there. I make sure they are who they should be, and keep them around. Play them here or there.

Funnily enough, even though 4 has no lore, I feel the Pancakes have been promoted so much that the story is just as real, and I love them too. Bob might be my favorite Sims 4 sim.

I'm glad you brought this up. It gives me a chance to clarify my statement a bit. I sounded more harsh and dismissive of the idea of a lore update than I feel or intended. I'm all for an update to it for those who want it, there's no reason they shouldn't have one. I want them to have one. It's just for me it's not high up my list of priorities. For so long my saves have been all lollipops, rainbows, and sunshine because I get my fill of drama, agony, and suffering in real life. So backstories built on heartache and infidelity kind of put me off. They are stories and circumstances in real life, but that's where I preferred to keep them. I'm becoming more open to, and comfortable with, chaotic storylines in my game as I get my depression and anxiety under control.

My favorite Sim 4 sim is hands down Venessa Jeong. She is such a sweetheart. I have hooked her up with my sim up so many times, I think the game just automatically brings them together every time I start a new save.🙂 I have grown quite fond of Yuki Behr over the last couple of months. Maxis messed up by maker her a loner. She has a wonderful personality if you take that trait away from her and let her blossom. I love Diego Lobo too.

I am sooo the opposite. It seems so meaningless to me to have a romantic partner for my sim who could have just as easily been any other sim and it would have been the same relationship. I want them to feel something for THIS sim, because THIS sim is the right one for them. I don't want to just pretend my sim is out on the town getting some attention, I want another sim to actually be drawn to her/him.

But in any case, I am fairly confident that it will utilize the system of likes and dislikes they have just added. So you will be able to just ignore it.

I would love to see the game get an attraction system like the one in WonderfulWhims. I love how detailed it can get and the number of appearance related turn ons and turn offs it gives you. And they actually work and affect romance interactions. I wish it had personality turn ons/offs but I take what I can get.

• QueenSaraphineQueenSaraphine Posts: 308 Member
    I don’t care for attraction system either, more cause attraction and romance are 2 separate things. One is for woohoo and other is for love.
    But the entire human population has this mixed up either way and think just cause you’re attracted to someone you love them or woohoo = love.
    SignatureSparkly.gif
    edited May 2022
    I would love to see the game get an attraction system like the one in WonderfulWhims. I love how detailed it can get and the number of appearance related turn ons and turn offs it gives you. And they actually work and affect romance interactions. I wish it had personality turn ons/offs but I take what I can get.

I really really really want trait based likes, and dislikes (turn ons/offs). If it is all looks based it would be disappointing. I would take it over nothing, but yeah.. I also want things like wealth, employment, children, relationship status, skill level in certain skills and such to be options. Further, it would be good if common likes could be a factor that can be applied.

Also, I totally get not wanting the negative stuff I mentioned. I think I like the drama and chaos in my games because I don't have it anywhere else. I don't even watch TV with those themes. I don't like dramas, or reality TV. All my drama is in game.
    edited May 2022

I really really really want trait based likes, and dislikes (turn ons/offs). If it is all looks based it would be disappointing. I would take it over nothing, but yeah.. I also want things like wealth, employment, children, relationship status, skill level in certain skills and such to be options. Further, it would be good if common likes could be a factor that can be applied.

WW lays out a great model to build from. The wide variety of likes and dislikes that can be tailored is great. I'm 100% with you that turn ons/offs cannot be entirely about looks. Too many Barbie doll vibes to be worth having if that's all it's going to be. I would love for the devs to look at that WW model, take it and expand it, to take in all the breadth of possibilities that exist to influence the attraction between two sims. I would love it if we could weight how our sims feel about certain points of attraction. You know what I mean, this turn on carries more influence than that turn on. Give them a hierarchy of importance in determining how strong the attraction is.

I would love it if we could weight how our sims feel about certain points of attraction. You know what I mean, this turn on carries more influence than that turn on. Give them a hierarchy of importance.

Oh man, that would be amazing!!! I can't imagine it happening, but it would be so amazing.

edited May 2022
    I would love it if we could weight how our sims feel about certain points of attraction. You know what I mean, this turn on carries more influence than that turn on. Give them a hierarchy of importance.

Oh man, that would be amazing!!! I can't imagine it happening, but it would be so amazing.

I want them to bring back favorites. Favorite color, favorite meals, etc. How messed up is it that I have to click on a bartender to know what my sim, my own sim that I lovingly created considers her favorite drink. Why is something like that hidden from the player? I haven't taken a sim out to eat in forever because of the restaurant glitches so I don't know if there is a favorite dish interaction, but if there is I'm sure it's hidden from us too. These are things we should see, and even control when we create them. We should be able to control our sims favorites and these are things that would play into attraction based on interests and personalities.

• VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    I don’t care for attraction system either, more cause attraction and romance are 2 separate things. One is for woohoo and other is for love.
    But the entire human population has this mixed up either way and think just cause you’re attracted to someone you love them or woohoo = love.

Well, those things aren't the same, but they're not entirely separate, either. Attraction can exist without romance or woohoo, and romance can exist with or without woohoo but it's unlikely that there'd not be some form of attraction. Similarly, all three can exist with or without love.

But I digress. What I meant to post was that I don't want an attraction system, either. I expect that if we do get one it'll likely be built onto or added to the existing Likes/Dislikes system, and I'm not at all happy with the way that was implemented in the first place. I want to turn it off completely but I can't. I can't just ignore it either, at least not without mods to prevent annoying popups for my played sims. I'm also forced to mark my custom townies as played (not an ideal solution at all) just so they won't automatically be given likes and/or dislikes that make no sense for them.

I've had my own system for deciding what my sims are into --or not -- for all forms of relationships (not just romance), ever since I started using the game mostly to construct stories. The game itself could never possibly offer enough subtlety or nuance to replicate that. It isn't the game's fault because there are just too many variables and there would need to be a limit. Not everyone would consider all the same "attraction" criteria to be important to their sims, while many other factors would inevitably be missing. This is why I'd rather just be able to turn it off if we do get such a system.
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
    VeeDub wrote: »

Well, those things aren't the same, but they're not entirely separate, either. Attraction can exist without romance or woohoo, and romance can exist with or without woohoo but it's unlikely that there'd not be some form of attraction. Similarly, all three can exist with or without love.

But I digress. What I meant to post was that I don't want an attraction system, either. I expect that if we do get one it'll likely be built onto or added to the existing Likes/Dislikes system, and I'm not at all happy with the way that was implemented in the first place. I want to turn it off completely but I can't. I can't just ignore it either, at least not without mods to prevent annoying popups for my played sims. I'm also forced to mark my custom townies as played (not an ideal solution at all) just so they won't automatically be given likes and/or dislikes that make no sense for them.

I've had my own system for deciding what my sims are into --or not -- for all forms of relationships (not just romance), ever since I started using the game mostly to construct stories. The game itself could never possibly offer enough subtlety or nuance to replicate that. It isn't the game's fault because there are just too many variables and there would need to be a limit. Not everyone would consider all the same "attraction" criteria to be important to their sims, while many other factors would inevitably be missing. This is why I'd rather just be able to turn it off if we do get such a system.

I would hope that like NS and BtD there would be a global toggle for the feature. I know there is no way to possibly take into account all of the possible points of human attraction. The number would be in the millions or billions, probably more given all the possible combinations. But there is no denying that these things are all part of what draws people together for romance, woohoo, friendship etc. It needs to be better incorporated into the game to whatever degree is realistically possible. The deeper immersion into our sims lives would be priceless because we're adding more depth to their character and personality. Sign me up to take that ride.

• mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    I have grown quite fond of Yuki Behr over the last couple of months. Maxis messed up by maker her a loner. She has a wonderful personality if you take that trait away from her and let her blossom.

I love Yuki Behr too including the loner part :)
    She is Darling Walsh's best friend in my game. They've been best friends since they were teens. Loners love and adore "their" people, just not strangers. So you do not take Yuki out to the club. You take Yuki somewhere quiet, invite her over for a heart-to-heart chat, or for a long night of peaceful stargazing. My Darling Walsh is full of madcap pranks and is also helping out with Akira and Madison's four small children, so, Yuki's role in her life is often to help her slow down and enjoy some quiet. <3
    I have grown quite fond of Yuki Behr over the last couple of months. Maxis messed up by maker her a loner. She has a wonderful personality if you take that trait away from her and let her blossom.

I love Yuki Behr too including the loner part :)
    She is Darling Walsh's best friend in my game. They've been best friends since they were teens. Loners love and adore "their" people, just not strangers. So you do not take Yuki out to the club. You take Yuki somewhere quiet, invite her over for a heart-to-heart chat, or for a long night of peaceful stargazing. My Darling Walsh is full of madcap pranks and is also helping out with Akira and Madison's four small children, so, Yuki's role in her life is often to help her slow down and enjoy some quiet. <3

I love reading about how others view their simverse and the sims in it. There are as many valid ways to view and play as there are simmers. For me the loner trait is a painful thing. It highlights how for much of my adult life I have been isolated and alone, and how much that hurts. I can't do that to my sims knowing how it feels. But that's just my way and your way is lovely too because she has a support system with Darling.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,849 Member
    @DaniRose2143 I get that. Being a loner because you want to be is one thing, being forced into solitude by forces beyond your control is something very different. It sounds like you are finding your way. <3<3
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member

WW lays out a great model to build from. The wide variety of likes and dislikes that can be tailored is great. I'm 100% with you that turn ons/offs cannot be entirely about looks.

Thats why Sims 2 attraction system is so cool, not only about looks. Could also be attracted/not attracted to a life state, skills, or even where someone is employed or not.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
    @DaniRose2143 I get that. Being a loner because you want to be is one thing, being forced into solitude by forces beyond your control is something very different. It sounds like you are finding your way. <3<3

Thank you for the kind words, and I owe everyone an apology for the downer with my last post. I should have just stuck to saying I love Yuki.😁

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top