Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Didn't they say they heard the occult players...

1111213141517...Next

Comments

• WhatCobblersWhatCobblers Posts: 2,756 Member
    edited May 2022
    Loanet wrote: »
    A lot of people want occults. A lot of people are fine with the packs being made and just wouldn't buy the pack. It's about 50/50.

The number of people who don't want the packs made AT ALL are in the minority - but very loud. They howl for 'realism' and are also the kinds of people who overlook that thanks to 'realism' we now have fingernails, and DUST. They also fail to tell us what they'd prefer Maxis to be working on, just that they don't want Werewolves.

I mean seriously, FINGERNAILS?! It's nice and all, but rather unnecessery. If you want the Devs to be working on getting rid of bugs, I'd think THAT was an expansion that would be worth passing over a lot more than Werewolves .

FINGERNAILS UNNECESSARY?!!

*tries to calm down*

As someone who loves playing with the occult, fingernails are 100% necessary in my game….
    No dedicated menu for fingernails = no dedicated menu for claws.

I WANT CLAWS!!! PINK ONES! GREEN ONES! RED ONES! WHITE ONES! BLACK ONES!

CLAAAAAAAAAWWWWWSSSS!!!!!

And huge fangs. These are also available under the “realistic” teeth menu when Vamps is installed.

I ask, What’s a sim without teeth? With huge canines, preferably.
    It’s like a cave without stalactites and stalagmites. Not that interesting and a bit like a hollow tunnel with a giant slug sleeping inside.
    I’ll stop now.

Oooh yes! Brightly coloured claws would be fun. And some webbed hands, webbed ears, body fins and octopus mermaid tails too please. I also would love some more caves to explore, with stalacmites and stalactites. And giant slugs.

Looking at all the werewolf discussion/ rumours of a pack? has got me thinking. Why stop at wolves? What about other forms of were? Wererabbits would fit quite nicely with Cottage Living. Wereplants- Strangerville. Werellamas? (there's llamas featured in just about everything else so what the heck). Werechickens, weregoats, werefrogs, werefish, weredragons, werebutterflies okay that's enough for now. :D

Oh, and just one more thing I'd love to see in a pack: SEA SLUGS!
  • KerriganKerrigan Posts: 1,572 Member
    I hope the Werewolves in Sims 4 have power selection similar to Vampires versus the tree system of spellcasters. I like being able to pick and choose to create more variety. I seem to recall Sims3 used a hidden tree and basically you leveled up and got the perks whether you wanted the character to have them or not. So if you had a hot-headed character you wanted to wolf out whenever he was angry, by the time he got the anger management perk that theme was over. I like how I can have a Master Vampire in Sims 4 with no additional powers or weaknesses. Or just a select one or two for effect.
  • OldeseadoggeOldeseadogge Posts: 4,995 Member
    If memory serves, in TS2 every EP introduced a new occult. And they could stack, so if you wanted a zombie-werewolf-vampire-witch, you could. I never tried it, so don't know if there is a stacking limit.
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    If memory serves, in TS2 every EP introduced a new occult. And they could stack, so if you wanted a zombie-werewolf-vampire-witch, you could. I never tried it, so don't know if there is a stacking limit.

Yes, but some of them had limitations - Bigfoot, Servo and PlantSim could not add more than a few of the others to them.
    I used to have a chart that I created in notepad, but it's been long since gone after the great harddrive crash.
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

Yes, but some of them had limitations - Bigfoot, Servo and PlantSim could not add more than a few of the others to them.
    I used to have a chart that I created in notepad, but it's been long since gone after the great harddrive crash.

I think I had a vampire, plantsim, werewolf hybrid during the days of TS2. I think I also had a zombie werewolf at some point too, but I could be misremembering.

I remember thinking that creating a vampire plantsim would be impossible, because well, plantsim's need sunlight and vampires died in the sun. But low and behold, I accidentally created one. Well not me, I just happened to leave the sim unattended at a night club and the vampire showed up, and well... XD People complain about vampires in TS4, they clearly never played TS2. XD
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • AnmirlaAnmirla Posts: 3,836 Member
    Anmirla wrote: »

I think I had a vampire, plantsim, werewolf hybrid during the days of TS2. I think I also had a zombie werewolf at some point too, but I could be misremembering.

I remember thinking that creating a vampire plantsim would be impossible, because well, plantsim's need sunlight and vampires died in the sun. But low and behold, I accidentally created one. Well not me, I just happened to leave the sim unattended at a night club and the vampire showed up, and well... XD People complain about vampires in TS4, they clearly never played TS2. XD

Bigfoot, Servo and PlantSim would be considered "base" Sims, so they could not cross over each other. I wish I could remember the few limitations there were for them. I think Bigfoot couldn't be a Werewolf was one of them - I could be wrong though.

I had my share of fun and interesting hybrids in game - I loved my Alien/Witch/Vampire/Werewolves.
    My Bigfoot/Vampire living with Nina Caliente was also a favorite, but after one of the patches they nixed that cross-over. I think it had something to do with the fact that Bigfoot can't romance and it made it more difficult to turn Sims. His nights of terrorizing the neighborhood were ripped from him. :'(
    baby%20bat_zpsgzvzhrnc.gif
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,122 Member
    Zombies are the only occult that gives me the creeps & not in a good way. :s So, if they eventually get into Sims 4 then I would want a toggle to turn them off. I only like Aliens, Fairies, Genies, Mermaids, Spellcasters & Vampires. B) And if we're lucky maybe Centaurs & Hinds. :p
    I liked Zombies as a science experiment or potion, that way they're not just spawning at random. I think they could make them really funny in Sims 4. It'd be all about presentation. For them not to exist at all is kind of weird, although I really do like the possessed animations and I'm surprised we didn't get some mods that utilized those to make deadite occult mods.
  • cynciecyncie Posts: 4,641 Member
    SERVERFRA wrote: »
    Zombies are the only occult that gives me the creeps & not in a good way. :s So, if they eventually get into Sims 4 then I would want a toggle to turn them off. I only like Aliens, Fairies, Genies, Mermaids, Spellcasters & Vampires. B) And if we're lucky maybe Centaurs & Hinds. :p

I’m not that interested in zombies myself, but I can see them working in a Strangerville type pack with a zombie apocalypse type story play through. I don’t think they’d be spawning all over the Sim world. Like @Kerrigan said, we almost had them Sims style in Strangerville.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,851 Member
    I don't really see the point of zombies as playable sims. I mean what would you do, shamble around the neighborhood all day moaning?

Now zombies as a wild animal, a lot challenge or something, that I could get behind. Like the wild foxes. Imagine how much cooler it would be if zombies roamed your lot at night looking for your chickens or... worse... And then your llamas could scare them away.

• halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    I don't really see the point of zombies as playable sims. I mean what would you do, shamble around the neighborhood all day moaning?

Now zombies as a wild animal, a lot challenge or something, that I could get behind. Like the wild foxes. Imagine how much cooler it would be if zombies roamed your lot at night looking for your chickens or... worse... And then your llamas could scare them away.

I never understood the appeal for zombies either, especially since their gameplay is so limited. IIRC in TS3, all you did was shamble around and would attempt to attack other sims, and even then if you got a successful "bite" the sim in question wouldn't always become a zombie. They'd cough but then shake it off, it took me about five successful attacks on one sim, then rinse repeat with different sims to get a large enough hoard to do the thriller dance.

I won't even get started on the plants vs zombie theme of TS3 supernatural, which was cute, but I hated that I had to build a large gated fence around my garden and even then that didn't always work, especially if the zombie spawned inside the garden.

Now if they do include zombies again in TS4, I'd like them to be a bit more, well for lack of a better word, scary (same with werewolves, I want them scary, not cute doggos you can whack with a newspaper). I actually want there to be something unsettling with the zombies, kind of like with the possessed sims from Strangerville, but more active with turning people. Since the possessed sims are a bit of a letdown, like how are they becoming possessed, like there's accidentally eating the fruit, but I thought there'd be a mode where they'd like idk force non-infected sims to eat the fruit. Idk, just something a little darker than ppl just accidentally ingesting the spores.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
    Zombies were a blast originally. In Sims 2, pleading with the Grim Reaper had a really good chance of bringing a sim back as a Zombie. They had lowered personality scores and reduced skill, hygiene wore down incredibly fast, and they were just a shambling good time. There was even an Undead college scholarship for teens. Zombies didn't populate the world naturally though which is where Sims 3 lost people even wanting them.

• PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    I would like Zombies, not to play but as adverseries to my Sims, and would they smell very bad so much better! Is it one thing that disturb a Sim it is bad smell (not Bob Pancakes though) like when they spray a school mascot with stink spray.
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Kerrigan wrote: »
    Zombies were a blast originally. In Sims 2, pleading with the Grim Reaper had a really good chance of bringing a sim back as a Zombie. They had lowered personality scores and reduced skill, hygiene wore down incredibly fast, and they were just a shambling good time. There was even an Undead college scholarship for teens. Zombies didn't populate the world naturally though which is where Sims 3 lost people even wanting them.

I remember killing off the Pleasant's dad and let the daughters deliberately flub their pleading so he was punished to come back as a Zombie in TS2. It was great.

But yeah, zombies in TS3 was a bad idea. (while Vampires was the opposite, they worked great in TS3 and were a literal plague in TS2).
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • GordyGordy Posts: 3,019 Member
    edited May 2022

The Little Campers pic was edited to include a pair of glowing eyes, lurking in the bushes. Kinda awkward, since there's someone lurking in the bushes and watching unsuspecting children, but you know.
    TS1_dragons_hatching.jpg
    The Sims 4 hasn't introduced a new musical instrument since 2017
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    Gordy wrote: »

The Little Campers pic was edited to include a pair of glowing eyes, lurking in the bushes. Kinda awkward, since there's someone lurking in the bushes and watching unsuspecting children, but you know.

I mean the secret glade in the base game is full of hidden glowing eyes, so I see no problem with that.
    Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BabykittyjadeBabykittyjade Posts: 4,975 Member
    Playing is zombie is not my greatest desire since I mainly want them to add to my apocalyptic worlds as challenges and struggles. They would add a much needed sense of danger to my gameplay!
    And I just love zombie scenarios in general.
    But playing a zombie would be a bonus!! We can be possessed sims so I don't see why not zombies.

If they came with an apocalyptic world and abandonded neighborhoods that would be a super bonus. I'm not too picky on how they choose to do them because I know this is not residential evil lol.
    As long as I get them and they are creepy I can work out the rest! But it would be super cool if
    Sims would have to build barricades around entrances to keep them from breaking in.
    Or sims having to hide to not be seen and rescue other survivor sims. I would even be up for a rescue type of active career. Sims never uses weapons but to get something similar to a freeze ray in self defense would be cool too! Horses and flashlights would be perfect for this pack as well.
    Sims scavenging for food, and safe shelter😩

I could come up with a lot more but I'm interested to see how the team envisions them and what they come up with! Simguruconor did amazing with haunted houses. I wanted haunted houses for so long and they delivered them so well!👏👏

(All of this would be optional of course. Ts4 never forces occults so I'm sure zombies would be no different)
    I wouldn't even mind if they came as a side occult like mermaids but I think the apocalyptic theme can be fleshed out enough for it's own game pack. Plus I would hate for them to get nerfed and complained about if they are put into another pack that people want but don't want the zombies.

The Sims always had zombies but never had it's own version of a survival horror pack. 😍😍
    Zombies, oh please oh please give us zombies!! :'(
    Playing is zombie is not my greatest desire since I mainly want them to add to my apocalyptic worlds as challenges and struggles. They would add a much needed sense of danger to my gameplay!
    And I just love zombie scenarios in general.
    But playing a zombie would be a bonus!! We can be possessed sims so I don't see why not zombies.

If they came with an apocalyptic world and abandonded neighborhoods that would be a super bonus. I'm not too picky on how they choose to do them because I know this is not residential evil lol.
    As long as I get them and they are creepy I can work out the rest! But it would be super cool if
    Sims would have to build barricades around entrances to keep them from breaking in.
    Or sims having to hide to not be seen and rescue other survivor sims. I would even be up for a rescue type of active career. Sims never uses weapons but to get something similar to a freeze ray in self defense would be cool too! Horses and flashlights would be perfect for this pack as well.
    Sims scavenging for food, and safe shelter😩

I could come up with a lot more but I'm interested to see how the team envisions them and what they come up with! Simguruconor did amazing with haunted houses. I wanted haunted houses for so long and they delivered them so well!👏👏

(All of this would be optional of course. Ts4 never forces occults so I'm sure zombies would be no different)
    I wouldn't even mind if they came as a side occult like mermaids but I think the apocalyptic theme can be fleshed out enough for it's own game pack. Plus I would hate for them to get nerfed and complained about if they are put into another pack that people want but don't want the zombies.

The Sims always had zombies but never had it's own version of a survival horror pack. 😍😍

I actually prefer Zombies over Werewolves in the Sims so I'm all for it. I really just want them to be functional and interesting but if I was brainstorming a Zombie specific pack I'd make it like Strangerville where it's a unique world and have it so Sims can fortify their homes in various ways and per Calendar events or at night zombies attack the home. If they get in they destroy furniture and basically do Sharing is Caring on steroids. If your sims try to fight and lose, they have a chance to become player zombies similar to Sims 2. Seems like a pretty fun challenge but maybe a limited audience since it changes the game so much.
  • QueenKoreQueenKore Posts: 1 New Member
    It would be cool to get like genies, dragons, unicorns, werewolves, robots, fairies, gargoyles, monsters, cupid's, superpowers for heroes or villians, mummy, or kitsune