Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Which new kit(s) will you buy?

Comments

• EricasFreePlayEricasFreePlay Posts: 849 Member
    edited May 2022
    Both
    I am definitely getting Little Campers. I need to see more from Moonlight Chic though. I grew up attending camp for children with disabilities so that is another thing that interested me with this pack.
  • SimmingalSimmingal Posts: 8,956 Member
    None
    i would have been more likely to grab little campers cause its kinda cute but at the moment i am not looking to add anything to my game that isn't update or something i desperately need

tbh im kinda spooked i might not be able to add werewolves gp even if i end up loving it (cause performance issues) and its breaking my heart

soo yeah just gonna try and save some money to maybe upgrade computer one day for now
    ⭐️ AHQ Champion 🦇 Vlad Advocate 🐉 Team Dragons
    🏡 Gallery 📖 Stories 🌍 World Project 🥔 MOD/CC Free
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,395 Member
    Both
    Loanet wrote: »
    And I'm not buying either until I see what our Gameplay kit is. And it had better be Werewolves.

Werewolves is coming in the Gamepack.
  • WrenryWrenry Posts: 960 Member
    Little Campers
    I just adore having more activities for my sims to do.
  • CAPTAIN_NXR7CAPTAIN_NXR7 Posts: 4,464 Member
    Undecided
    Campers for sure, the other one……I’m still waiting to see the point of that one in relation to my game.

Impress me, Moonlight Chic. Impress me.
  • IsharellIsharell Posts: 1,158 Member
    Undecided
    I'm tempted by campers, but since none of my sims has kids I'll probably wait a bit. I need to see more pictures of the items in Moonlight Chic.
  • simgirl1010simgirl1010 Posts: 35,862 Member
    Both
    Goodness! No one chose the Moonlight Chic only. I'm also seeing that trend in my giveaway thread. Little Campers definitely comes in as majority choice.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Undecided
    Goodness! No one chose the Moonlight Chic only. I'm also seeing that trend in my giveaway thread. Little Campers definitely comes in as majority choice.

Probably people are starting to get fed up of the same old same old. I looked at the kit and thought... another? We only just had the carnival kit which seemed to be a similar sort of thing. They could at least bring out a cas kit with a difference - sleepwear, or swimwear, or teen clothes, or elders, or even a young 'uns kit would be better than yet another adult going out kit.
  • alanmichael1alanmichael1 Posts: 5,405 Member
    Both
    We need stylish clothes for men that do not look absurd. I was a big fan of the TS3 Diesel pack - we never had better jeans and hoodies for the guys.
  • maggiemae8135maggiemae8135 Posts: 790 Member
    @simgirl1010 I am actually rethinking buying Moonlight Chic. Will wait until I see exactly what the kit has. I think the young adult/adult sims have so much in clothing choices already. Would really prefer to see CAS kits for other age groups, toddlers, children, teens and elders. They have so much less to choose from. But I will buy it if I like the clothing in the kit.
  • VeeDubVeeDub Posts: 1,862 Member
    None

Interesting. It doesn't seem like a surprise that many are planning on getting the Campers one (or are at least thinking about it), even though I'm not one of them. But I did expect to see at least a few people who wanted the CAS stuff but not the other one. I personally won't be getting either kit because I don't really need either kid stuff or more sim clothing right now. I may not buy any more CAS kits at all unless they stop putting in the fake separates (often with built-in footwear) that are really just bodysuits. There's always, always one or more parts I want to change about those things, so they end up being useless to me because I can't change them. I'd rather have actual separates that I could mix and match (or artfully mismatch) as I wish. :disappointed:
    FYI: Just because you can see my signature, don't assume that I can see yours.
    Because I can't; I keep all sigs turned off. ;)
  • DaniRose2143DaniRose2143 Posts: 8,832 Member
    edited May 2022
    Both

I love CAS kits and find myself going through game pack and expansion pack releases looking at what's in there, but I'm wired different than most players. I love CAS more than most and the normal simmer is overloaded and fed up with another big haul of clothes and hair for female sims. CAS kits might get more love if the devs put as much everyday fashion into kits for men as they do for the ladies.

Even I, CAS addict that I am, will admit we're way past the saturation point with female centric items. And there's still the nostalgia for the days of the Stuff Packs which had all of that CAS, plus BB and gameplay too. It's clear by now kits killed the stuff packs, and with game packs and expansion packs seemingly more spread out and less frequent people are more than ever missing the stuff packs. The devs might be able to claw back a little bit of interest if they went with a few male centered kits in a row that weren't niche like Carnaval. In the end though I don't feel there's much hope that CAS only kits will ever take off with the mainstream simmer because they won't produce the kind of content that people want.
  • PeralPeral Posts: 873 Member
    Undecided
    Little Campers seem only to offer variations oif things we only have in the game, it however gave me the idea to put the game tent from DHD out in the yard and let the children have their friends over and see if they interactwith the telt in any way.
  • LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    Little Campers
    I love family play, so anything that adds to the various life stages, especially the very young stages that are often limited, is a must buy for me, so I’m definitely getting the Little Campers one! :smile:

I do love getting more CAS and B/B, but I will wait to see all of the CAS items from the Chic kit before I buy it. I still have my eye on getting the previous kit (Carnaval one), so I’ll have to see what the Chic one offers as well.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • MonaveilMonaveil Posts: 652 Member
    edited May 2022
    None
    I won't be buying either kit.

Kid stuff doesn't appeal to me so that one is a definite no. If kids had more things to do then it would be a different story. Maybe.

Based on preview pictures I've seen of clothing in the other kit, the outfits are anything but "chic". I won't be getting that kit either. I don't want or need even more sloppy shirts and high-water pants for male Sims. More mid-riff baring tops for female Sims? How original. I can get nicer CC clothing for both genders for free. I'll wait for the "chic" meshes to be edited to see what CC creators come up with.
  • lanlynlanlyn Posts: 5,016 Member
    Both
    I like the Little Campers the best, but knowing me, I'm sure I'll end up buying both at some point. 😄
  • QuaayQuaay Posts: 557 Member
    Little Campers
    I adore the Little Campers items! Definite must have for me.
    I didn't see anything interesting in the cas kit though so I'm good with passing that one up.
  • BlkBarbiegalBlkBarbiegal Posts: 7,924 Member
    Both
    I know I'll use all the pieces in both kits. I need them for my ever growing households.
    Me on:
    Twitch jovi_jov
    Twitter BarbieSimmy
    Origin SimsBarbie
  • DoloresGreyDoloresGrey Posts: 3,490 Member
    Undecided
    I might buy Little Campers because it is a gameplay kit.
    -probably just playing Phasmophobia :p
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    Little Campers
    I love the notion of the backyard campout and the tents/forts kids can create. I'm uncertain about the clothing style. If it looks baggy and sloppy, count me out.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • honeypooh1267honeypooh1267 Posts: 1,344 Member
    Both
    I'll get both kit packs and I'm starting over on my sims.
  • AineAine Posts: 3,043 Member
    Both
    I will most likely eventually buy both, but I always wait for reviews and stuff to make sure they're worth it.
    Allons-y!

---> Afterlife Game Pack Idea - improved ghosts, cemeteries and funerals, psychics, new skills, new career and more! <---
    ---> Burglary Stuff Pack Idea - Burglars, alarm systems, and diamonds to steal!<---
  • telemwilltelemwill Posts: 1,752 Member
    Little Campers
    Well, I got both. I still don't like everything in the CAS pack, but it has enough options I do like.
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,549 Member
    Undecided
    telemwill wrote: »
    Well, I got both. I still don't like everything in the CAS pack, but it has enough options I do like.

I ended up getting both too.

I was definitely going for Little Campers, then I watched a youtube thing showing off the clothing one and decided it had enough nice stuff to entice me. There's a couple of meh items but mostly I'm really glad I got it.
  • KyreRoenKyreRoen Posts: 677 Member
    edited May 2022
    None
    Whilst I think the stuff in Little Campers is cute, I rarely play with kids enough to justify it.

The CAS looks nice (and boy do I want more cargo pants), but once again it's a feminine-leaning pack with some unisex items and whatever they could scrape up for males. It's like the ratio in Fashion Street was exhausting for them.

I suppose that ratio won't happen again, given how quiet everyone's been about it in recent packs.
    Post edited by KyreRoen on
    Check out my 'Simming Tips' for detailed tips and tricks (TS4).