Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What Happened In Your Game Today?

Comments

• Sonshine77Sonshine77 Posts: 197 Member
    I just started the "Unlucky Chef" scenario from EA. I created him a gloomy, erratic, clumsy sim and has the "Essence of Flavor" and the goal of becoming a master chef. He lived by himself and got to the 3rd level in the culinary job and was cooking and started the stove on fire, burned the kitchen up and died in the fire. Take 2; I created a roomie for him and already he tried setting the kitchen on fire, but she extinguished him successfully. :) No more cooking w/nobody else around, lol. I gave him the negative traits b/c this scenario is supposed to be hard, lol.
  • Lucy_HenleyLucy_Henley Posts: 2,943 Member
    Metior_Ice wrote: »
    quæk wrote: »
    I feel like I have to commemorate this:

pCJeJJc.png

Congrats to your sim. I usually have cats win the Lottery in my game.

Edit: More precisely Mayor Whiskers.

I once had Captain Whitaker, aka a ghost dog, win the lottery in my game. That was definitely an odd occasion!
  • Metior_IceMetior_Ice Posts: 3,094 Member
    Meeting the Albino Dolphins

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18113282/#Comment_18113282

The day was overcast, and Dylan waded into the sea. As one of the Saphire Princes and the Spirit of the Sea, it was his responsibility to look after the sea and ensure it remained in its pristine state. Mua Pel'Am was sacred to all merfolk, and it was even more important that he carried out his responsibilities for the sake of all merfolk.

52052818177_d5a6669e8c_b.jpg
    Rather than walking, Dylan preferred to swim. In his element, he could feel the power of the sea flow through him.

52052818142_d951c7e29c_b.jpg

His first task was to survey the sea floor. It was an easy task for someone that could breathe underwater. Him and his shimmering blue tail disappeared beneath the waves as he dove underwater.

52053865356_d02e1d4720_h.jpg

When he surfaced, the skies cleared and the sun shined down on the islands. The dive was a success, and the underwater realm was at peace.

52053896453_6df10f82ca_b.jpg

Next, he swam to the shallower reefs to survey them. His powerful tail allowed him to leap out of the water. For humans, a mist would hide his true form, and no matter how hard they might try, they would never be able to see his true form clearly unless they were awoken to the existence of merfolk.

52053897623_fa9c117552_b.jpg

As his tail slipped underwater, they might think they saw an unusually large fish or a dolphin.

52054101374_c27987e5c0_b.jpg

Dylan often wondered why more merfolk couldn't swim underwater around the reefs. It's not like snorkeling was the only form of swimming. Of course, he would never be caught using a snorkel, a very taboo subject among merfolk. Still, whenever he did survey the reefs, he enjoyed kicking his fluke slowly as he swam around the coral and fish.

52054351410_c60b8848be_h.jpg

As a merman, he didn't need to surface. He could just swim slowly around the coral. Using his arms and hands, he could control his movement in the water.

52054100174_ceafb1fa17_b.jpg

"So many amazing seashells" Dylan thought. "I wish I could collect a few."

52053897583_73b677bf65_b.jpg

While Dylan surveyed the sea, Zeph shot a nature documentary that featured the marine birds that flew in the sky.
    52054351385_ec7559af91_c.jpg

It didn't take long for Zeph to catch up with his twin, and Dylan called over an Albino Dolphin when they gathered around the buoy.

52053896448_9e00312f3b_b.jpg

"What do you think about the sea around the Island?" Dylan asked his new dolphin friend.

"The waters are warm, the sun is shining, and the sea is clean. I love it." The Albino Dolphin answered.

52053896443_04dbdb57f5_b.jpg

Dylan grinned. "That's what I want to hear. Me and Zeph are working hard to keep it that way."

"At least, we're trying. Dylan needs to be more careful. He got himself cursed by a darkfin and risked the sea," Zeph said.

"It was an accident, and I won't eat mermadic kelp from strangers again."

52053865276_2c74616be8_h.jpg

As the sun set, the twins went to the shore.

"There are changes happening in Henford-on-Bagley. I might have to manipulate time again. The Pink Tail Prince is going to need help soon. There's a storm coming."

52053897548_1ea8332358_h.jpg

"And I thought we were just starting to have some fun." Dylan replied. "Well, if that's what it takes to help him out. Let's just enjoy our time while we have it."

"I'll be bending the fabric of time to make sure things work out. I can't imagine will have to worry about how we spend our time. But, yes, we'll have plenty of time to have a bit of fun before then."

52053896438_3412d74cef_b.jpg

"Must be nice to be the Spirit of the Sky. Wish I could control the time," Dylan said.

"As the Spirit of the Sea, you can resurrect the dead as merfolk... That has to be way better than what I can do. All I'm doing is manipulating time by manipulating the seasons..."

Dylan got lost in his brother's lecture and blanked out for a moment. Dylan was a Creative Genius, not the same kind of Genius his brother was.

"And that's how changing the season with a weather machine influences time." Zeph finished.

Extra:

Here's Mortimer Goth's Replacement when it comes to beach strolls with a book. lol
    52054352465_2176b2d36a_b.jpg
  • haneulhaneul Posts: 1,952 Member
    @Brd709
    Winterfest 1986 with the Bheeda's.
    Sienna got one carrott!
    Dan got one leaf!
    Frankie got one Barely Better Digital Camera.
    Did everyone like their gifts? It seems like Father Christmas has a clear favorite in Frankie. I'm enjoying your 1980s posts. :)

@Sims4MagicalTales I'm not quite caught up on all the chapters, but I've been enjoying your Supernatural Girls series.
    @Metior_Ice I'm glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. It's also nice to read about Dylan and Zeph, with Dylan surveying the sea floor and Zeph filming nature documentaries.

⁠— Fier Legacy ⁠— Dealing with Dimwits (5.25)

Elmire was bullied at school.

MPdITQH.png

Elmire's school called Asher to tell him, "Some other kid threatened Elmire and took her lunch money. She has been crying in the office." He responded, "Find the kid. Or I will." When Elmire returned home, he wanted to see her in his office.

Asher: Everyone who bothers you at school is a single-digit IQ dimwit dodo. Never think you deserve to be disrespected. You are not and will never be a dimwit, so you should not think like them. Understand you’re great and keep your head up.

Elmire: Okay.

E457F6W.jpg

Asher thought they were idiots (dimwits) because messing with his child was not something anyone with any sense would ever do. Even if they didn’t know about him, they should have known that ignorance was dangerous. Thank goodness the school called him to take care of this instead of his wife because he would definitely take care of it as soon as he found out who the parents were… He momentarily and silently fantasized about how delicious setting things straight would be. Regardless, his daughter would not feel unsafe at school again.

Of course, Asher had more to say. The rest is on my blog - click here.
    For anyone who isn't familiar with my legacy, I have an introduction in the spoiler below. The introduction is for those who don't want to be bothered with past posts and just want to jump in with my most recent ones. Past posts are linked below too, though.
    opVkHJI.jpg
    The Fiers are a vampire family led by an arrogant and socially awkward megalomaniac named Asher who, among other things, hopes to have 100 children. As of now, he's had 17. All but two of them have grown up and moved out. Even though everyone is into pursuing an eco lifestyle and protecting the environment and even though Asher employed some draconian conservation policies while working as a top-level conservationist in Sulani, he's done with that kind of tiny living stuff and is enjoying the (gaudy flamboyant) nine bedroom palace he had built in San Myshuno and is even contemplating having a second 2nd home in Mt. Komorebi (in addition to the one in Windenburg). These days though he's officially employed in education and spends a lot of time teaching various things to various people with varying degrees of success (for various reasons). His favorite student is his genius child Elmire.

Learn more about the Fiers?
    Past posts are linked and indexed on my blog
  • Brd709Brd709 Posts: 2,032 Member
    haneul wrote: »
    @Brd709
    Winterfest 1986 with the Bheeda's.
    Sienna got one carrott!
    Dan got one leaf!
    Frankie got one Barely Better Digital Camera.
    Did everyone like their gifts? It seems like Father Christmas has a clear favorite in Frankie. I'm enjoying your 1980s posts. :)

Thank you! @haneul

Dan got an angry moodlet after opening his present, Sienna had a sad moodlet after opening hers and Frankie had a happy moodlet. We start 1987 later on today with some new characters arriving this year.
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Doing some catch-up posts on some gameplay I did with my San Myshuno save back in Feb-March, before I paused that save due to Neighborhood Stories. I've now unpaused it and started playing again, and discovered some old screenshots lying around, so here you go :)

Breana Rasoya, one of Raj Rasoya's three adopted girls, is becoming a recognized music producer-- she just heard her track on the radio!
    track-on-radio.png

But what she really has her heart set on is a physics degree at Foxbury. And she just got the acceptance letter.
    acceptance1.png

"Dad! Dad! I'm going away to Foxbury for physics like I always dreamed!"
    "You're going away..."
    "Yes! Isn't it amazing?"
    "Um..."
    acceptance2.png
    Poor Raj. He lives for his girls. What will he do now?
    (Fortunately he has two more so he doesn't have to worry about that just yet)

Feeling mopey and nostalgic about the days when he had three little tinies around the house, Raj got a call from his good friend Anaya Jang. Anaya's husband Baako is an Elder, and Anaya almost is. Not a great time to have a baby. On the other hand, Raj knows that their only child Billie is all about acting and college and parties and her friends, and doesn't seem interested in providing grandchildren, at least not anytime soon. How sad it would be if their family line were to die out...
    asked-the-wrong-person.png
    Did she ask the wrong person?
    "Babies are a precious gift from the heavens," opined Raj. "Of course you should. Call me if you need anything. I'll be overly pleased to show up."

But, being both a traditional dad and an unflirty one, Raj is more than happy to interrupt anything that might vaguely hint of grandchild-producing between his college-bourd daughter and her boyfriend
    "Hi kids. Maintaining our personal bubbles I hope?"
    b-and-courtney-unflirty-dad.png

The middle child Jenifer is not far behind-- she's recently maxed piano, and now she's getting a little flirty with her best friend Maira, promising to dedicate songs to her and everything
    j-and-maira-dedicate.png

They are perhaps more affectionate than best friends normally would be, although girls can get away with that sort of thing. Jenifer really wants Maira to know that, despite the illness that caused all her hair to fall out in her teens, she's still super attractive.
    j-and-maira-piano-dedicate.png

Raj has thoughts about this
    maira-raj1.png

Thoughts not appreciated by Maira. What is his problem?
    maira-raj-2.png

(Raj isn't anti-gay, just unflirty, and has difficulty with the prospect of ever losing his daughters to anyone or anything. In his mind, the four of them will all live together in his apartment forever. One day, grandchildren will miraculously appear. Many, many, many years from now.)

But Jenifer is getting out into the world in her piano playing, and Raj is stupid-proud of that. Raj has become the keeper of Jenifer's mailing list, and sends invitations to the "Live Music Fans" anytime she has a concert.
    show-live-music-fans-club.png

Thanks, Dad.

As for Paola, she hasn't given Raj anything to worry about so far. She's gone from a kiddo who insisted on law and order around the building
    paola-policing.png

To a strong-willed young lady who loves her cat
    paola.png

And loves hitting the gym with her oldest sister Breana. Look at that intense face.
    gym2.png

And hasn't made any noises about dating or college as of yet. Maybe Raj doesn't have to worry so far about this one. (Paola's always been the girl who sticks closest to Raj, anyhow.)

Everything changes, Raj. It will be okay.
    gen3-banner.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    Great updates everyone!
    @GalacticGirl p960 5 toddlers at once with no huge mess! That's impressive, they kept getting out of sight for me :D p.961 The rehearsal dinner looks awesome! Looks like it went well, and I forgot sims can dance until Erik and Kayleigh started dancing, and they look good. Woah the wedding lot does look good and the cake as well. Awh the bridesmaid dress and flower girls are perfect. Briannas looks great. Lol Erik was on his phone. The cutting of the cake :D
    @Mightysprite p960 Cyril means well, but he does do something that really makes him look bad. I don't think it'll get you on board his team. p961 I love the name Max chose for his servo, Margin of Error. Oof :D Lilliths face with the servos compared to her sister :D The before and after of Margin of Error stealing is cute :D Another servo, and another great name. Woah that 1st haul. 3 kelpto servos now, awesome. Niceee Super Rich Supervillain scenario finished.
    @Sarabeth2984 p961 MWS pack is so nice! The draw in sand is cute. Nice shot of Rosemarie singing to the birds. Rango looks adorable! I cracked up at the club name that Gage is in. Nice, 2nd place with the hen. The wedding shots look beautiful! The colors are perfect. Lol Grace knows flower girl is the important job :D LOL Raj was late and then got mad they being affectionate at their own wedding. Awesome wedding!
    @Haneul p962 Lol Asher's dad joke made me laugh " know it’s hard to believe, but I saw it with my own two eyes." Ooof Elmire splashed right into the pool. Atleast Asher will help coach her P963 Oh no, Elmire was bullied. Ashers response was how I expected to him to react. Glad she was able to feel better and even laugh at some of what he said. The evening looked fun with them all coming over. So great it was able to make Elmire feel better too! And of course thats where Asher went.
    @Metior_Ice p963 Woah didn't know there are albino dolphins. LOL Mortimers replacement :D

Neyla enjoyed the time she spent with her niece and nephews. She hoped her and Cyril would someday have a baby. ZXcIqME.png
    The 2 weeks flew by quickly, with just a couple of days left she had lunch with Barbara. Ypoy7zv.png Her sister told her next time she comes to bring Cyril so they could meet him. She agreed. fBbnxwf.png She stopped by the stands after and bought some things to take back home bUJmH44.png Before leaving Neyla hugged her sister goodbye and asked she give her regards to their brother. She was angry and upset about the whole situation with her father but their relationship hadn’t been the best since before she left Henford. If he didn’t want anything to do with her, she accepted it. She still had her brother and sister. 7gsC0dF.png. She left mid day and returned back to Evergreen by nighttime. She found Cyril asleep on the couch, he was waiting for her. UcJfkrj.png She woke him up so they could go to sleep. 02QTNot.png Cyril asked how’d it go, and how was it with her father. Neyla wasn’t up to speaking about it, and said they could talk about it in the afternoon. She just wanted to rest. Cyril figured it didn’t go so well. M6fSviK.png Neyla told Cyril about her niece and nephews the next day. Cyril could tell she wanted them to try for a baby eventually. He told her down the line he’s sure they would have. For now he had other plans. VmpbzsQ.png While Neyla was away Cyril made a big purchase and a significant move towards his idea of owning a business. He purchased a restaurant with the help of a coworker. He quit his job of working at a restaurant to run his own. He wanted to tell Neyla straight away but didn’t know how she would react. It’s been about a week since she returned and he figured today was the day. Unfortunately the day he would tell her would be raining and appear gloomy. qiYoTn4.png

Not a great way to start off the day. fQ9E0IV.png
    Cyril and his business partner decided he would be in charge of…everything. Before they could open the restaurant they needed to make many changes. From the walls to the floor to every equipment needed to run a restaurant. Cyril’s a handy sim though, so he had no problems crafting things they would need. He crafted a table and chair to get his partners opinion. He also wanted to have something ready to show Neyla. jS7ejNz.png He was confident it would work out well. 8UAdK4x.png The restaurant is a short walking distance from their apartment so he walked back to get Neyla. He told her he had a surprise he wanted to show her. When they arrived outside she noticed the empty building, and asked why they were there. Cyril nervously said he bought it. D1T9RUZ.png He showed her inside to give her a tour. She didn’t say a word and to break the silence he said the place just needs a fix up and it’ll be perfect. cu03CeE.png Neyla still hasn’t said anything and he was beginning to worry. Nkvhlf4.png They both took a seat and Neyla asked him how much did he spend. “Just a…45,000 simoleons…but my partner put in some as well.” bcwJZw3.png Before Neyla could say anything else, he insisted after a good remodeling the place will practically run itself. YorsbhL.png He took her to the upstairs area and mentioned he had an idea for a bar area there. She was just not impressed. sti3P0y.png They went back downstairs to leave and he told her it will turn out well. 08JxpDk.png Outside he asked her what she thought, she wished he would’ve told her before he bought anything. He used a lot of money(almost 80%) of what they had saved up. xahCett.png Cyril knew he used a large amount but he was sure it would turn out well. PiAgTvx.png
  • BlueSeaWavesBlueSeaWaves Posts: 4,322 Member
    The next day he met with his business partner Jeremy, they both met while working together as chefs. He asked Cyril if he told his girlfriend and he knew right away it didn’t go as expected. 5FCg3dz.png
    The two were sure everything would be ok. It’ll just take time for her to come onboard. L7zTrNH.png Neyla had doubts about the restaurant. She just couldn’t believe Cyril used most of what they saved up. He left them with about 7,000 simoleons. She thought they were going to use it for something else. Cyril just wanted her to give him some support. dSbTGFx.png Cyril however wasn’t discouraged. He said the restaurant was almost ready to be open. Then it will only get better from there. tsrz3Pl.png The next time Neyla would see the restaurant was to meet Cyril’s partner. He tried to ease her concerns. Neyla had to admit, it looked better than when it was empty. lEdwqU9.png While Neyla went to look around, Cyril and Jeremy went to speak in private upstairs. Despite being nearly ready to open they still needed some money for more changes. Jeremy asked Cyril to put in 5,000 simoleons to be able to make some purchases for fresh produce and supply. Considering how low on money they were Cyril wasn’t sure he should. 4khAfQ5.png Neyla headed upstairs and heard Jeremy say “just this 5,000 and we'll be set" aFDicX3.png When she reached upstairs the pair acted as if nothing was said and told her they had a date set for the grand opening. tJkX2XU.png After returning home Neyla sat down with Cyril and immediately told him he’s not putting more money in. xiR4Pi5.png They had a small argument about Cyril's business partner and his lack of help. Cyril however didn't want to hear any of it. zJjFqEK.png Neyla wasn't going to let him forget he already put in most of their savings. They still had bills to pay too. 1AftHkL.png

After going back and forth, Cyril said it was the last time he would put in money. He did a victory fist pump when Neyla finally said fine. Neyla only gave in to avoid a big fight.2J0ExJx.png
    Cyril knew he used a large amount of their savings but he thought what was the point in saving it if it wasn't growing. He just wished Neyla was excited about the business venture as he was. v23yFKk.png Opening day finally. Cyril met with Jeremy. Jeremy found some sims to hire and they would arrive later in the day. Cyril was excited. VcQB4t8.png Cyril had expected a successful night for the grand opening with the best staff and great food. Instead he had a team of a waiter and chef who were just barely mediocre. v5HrBA4.png He had to constantly press his chef to put more effort and work into the food. He spent most of the day at the chef's window watching closely. 0uJhoML.png Cyril's face when he saw the chef had the stove fire on but nothing heating :Dob5cuZ6.png He was happy to hear a few customers liked the food 8w7H3j2.png The restaurant was open for 7 hours only. There was much improvement needed among the staff. Cyril stayed past closing to clean up. While he cleaned up he heard the front door unlock. Neyla stopped by to pick him up. B7gjC1k.png She asked how the grand opening went, Cyril told her it went well. psOwwbu.png The next day Cyril needed a quick drink to get through the day. He decided to pay for classes so his chef would become better. It was costly but it was needed, he had some hope in her and needed her to do better. q6iGcCP.png

Small update with the neighborhood story update. I turned on it on with Neyla's sister Barbara family. After checking for any updates I found out Barbara and her husband had yet another set of twins. Oq86qhs.png I checked up on them and Melissa's face is adorable. "What, more babies?" :DEmWFNJP.png Wally adopted a dog for his family too.OdnMPC1.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    I have started with the preparation of my next "decadechallenge" which will be probably not a real decadechallenge this time, I'm thinking about to do an alternative, totally fictional, decadechallenge, but I haven't decided yet. I've started updated (and downgraded to low tech) and change my buildings, which I will reuse, since we have plattform nows. Some premade got also an makeover, especially the Behr sisters.

Here are my new sim families.

The young priest Gottfried Wegener and his workplace. I've downloaded the Rambunctious Religions mod to play this career.

mkIAcoo.png
    CcKYHlU.png
    0x48wQ3.png
    Ferdinand Thiel, a musician, who has recently inherated a house and his servants the Family Schwarz.

naVaDq6.png

Gerti, Lorenz and Adelheid

nHloVSK.png

The house, Groundfloor and first floor
    2G1hJGT.png
    FUGBP4O.png
    cqF8695.png

More Buildings
    Another church, cleaned from the decay.

AHdKrHD.png
    QrDN5NX.png

A farmhouse

JcJYSWA.png

(New) Oldtown Windenburg

YPJWfNY.png

Indoor swimming pool

bor4oEN.png
    ywXSBbs.png
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    edited May 2022
    PART 1 - Haven't posted for awhile, not much happening except grinding (did you know it takes like three ingame weeks to upgrade all stuff in a house?)

Anyway, let's try this (very underwhelming) wedding stuff...

Knox proposed to Brigitte after a wonderful date. They had already lived together since Knox graduated but...
    (Sorry for the railing in the way, there is no way to get good screenshots on that bridge apparently)
    DEY42YI.png
    AgzwHut.png

Planning the wedding over some fried fish!
    HWFGxOV.png

As tempting as it was, they decided to push the wedding for late spring, and not do it on New Year's Eve.
    smEL3wr.png

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • BeardedgeekBeardedgeek Posts: 5,520 Member
    PART 2 - Like a wedding... sorta

Waiting for your wedding to start be like...
    jHV5DDe.png

This is a cute picture, but please note that the clothing theme is still not fixed, neither bride nor groom showed up wearing what I had told them to. Also Knox is not an alien, but suddenly during the wedding he had the alien glow effect??
    NIQuTyB.png

Knox's mom was the Officiant. It all worked out well... (for being Sims)
    pYrfFLn.png
    XiYZzwa.png

I feel you, Brigitte, I feel you. Attempt no 2 worked better.
    l5pfhmj.png

First and last dance was the newlyweds!
    xJZ4UN2.png

Origin ID: A_Bearded_Geek
  • ashcrash19ashcrash19 Posts: 4,404 Member
    So Deila now has an alien toddler named Astrid! Deila lives in Strangerville, so at least the neighbors don't seem to find it "weird."

I forgot I had set my MCC to both genders for abduction a while ago, so this was quite unexpected! :sweat_smile:

Isn't she adorable?! :heart:

52092599250_5a31083781_k.jpg

52091067467_0e587759a0_k.jpg
    "Not All Who Wander Are Lost"-Tolkien
    Origin ID: simaddict1990
  • SERVERFRASERVERFRA Posts: 7,108 Member
    I've been getting some of my married sims to have babies due to the new family gameplay coming up. Some of the children will be human & others will be either a Vampire (fake Wolfie) or Spellcaster or Alien. :p
    edited May 2022
    Juniper and the Magic Beans

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/comment/18113729/#Comment_18113729

Juniper was falling behind on his studies at Kanaloha High, the high school for merfolk. After work, Zephyr tutored his little brother and helped him finish homework. While Juniper worked on his homework, Dylan jazzed up the place.

Zeph: "And that's why you avoid giant squids in the deep sea."

Juniper: "I see now."

52053896428_bc686a10a4_h.jpg
    Zeph: "Excellent, I see you have the basics of exploring sunken wrecks down."

Juniper: "That's one of the easier topics."

52052818012_9136dbcc15_h.jpg

As the night set in, the Twins and Juniper slept in the sea. For Calum, old habits die hard. He stayed close to his sons and watched over them while they slept. He caught up with his brother while he was playing the guardian.

52053896423_030ee7f396_b.jpg

Kemps: "I've heard rumors about merfolk in other worlds. Maybe the lost princes are still out there."

Calum: "We've kept it a secret from the twins, but they found out anyways. The Darkfins have returned in spite of their banishment. it worries me."

Kemps: "It's something to be worried about. Who knows what they'll do next."

52054352385_ccb29c0dfe_b.jpg

The next day, the twins returned to their hobbies. Even if Dylan and Zeph wanted to avoid fame, they were immortal mermen with extra ordinary talents. As mermen, they were gifted with handsome looks too. Eventually, the humans would take notice of them regardless of what they did.

Zeph's Gift of Knowledge made him sought after for authenticating artifacts.

52054352360_8a2c68432f_b.jpg

Dylan's Gift of Creativity made him a talented Musician that could draw crowds with the melodies he played on any instrument. His voice was equally captivating, but that's typical of all mermen and mermaids.

52053865186_751a003bd5_b.jpg

Sometimes, Juniper felt like he was in the shadow of his brothers. He came home with a mood swing. For whatever reason, he was upset.

52054352325_9e3452d60c_b.jpg

Juniper might've been a bit dramatic about it.

52054352305_746037a80b_b.jpg

He didn't have the confidence to work through his emotions on an instrument, so he went for a jog around the island. He wondered why he couldn't swim around the island to clear his mind, but as an earth elemental, it felt good to be on solid ground. It was hard at times. Juniper was a young merman, and yet, he was also an Earth Elemental that was deeply connected to plants. He had green eyes instead of the same sea-green as other merfolk. He was different.

52053864141_dddc2d3bd3_b.jpg

But, Juniper loved plants, and he tended to the Garden around Zalia Shores. He found some magic beans in seed packs, and eventually, he completed his collection.

52054352285_07e770836f_b.jpg

With the nurturing care of an elemental, the seeds immediately grew into a large magic tree.

52053897408_73890ea4ce_b.jpg

Juniper was discovering that being different was okay. His brothers had their gifts, but his gift was his green thumb.

52054352270_ef694951b2_b.jpg

When Juniper explored the hidden realm within the magic tree, his brothers were drawn to it too. Who wouldn't notice a tree spontaneously springing up from the earth? But, they had other things they wanted to chat about.

52054101114_b705df3f93_b.jpg

52054352260_2993e12b52_b.jpg

The space within the tree was filled with flora instead of darkness, and inside this mysterious garden, Juniper found the Forbidden Fruit of the Plant Sims.

52052817827_8af315546f.jpg

Juniper was proud of his discovery and took an obligatory selfie.

52054101064_2a67b10e89_b.jpg

He also planted the Forbidden Fruit and added it to his botanical collection. As a merman, he was immune to its magical affects when eaten.

52054351310_daf45c2ed9_b.jpg

He gave the Forbidden Fruit the Gift of Sulani and left it to grow.

52052817797_b9a0b5cd8c_b.jpg

52054101034_4130defdbc_b.jpg

Extras:

Arihi was late to work, so she ended up changing into her work clothes before leaving the water. Calum is a diver, so he didn't have work until later.
    52052816837_18bae0bef4_c.jpg

I loved the Flavor text on the Magic Bean Tree Portal!
    52053864121_abb38565de_w.jpg
  • mightyspritemightysprite Posts: 5,806 Member
    Great builds @Daravi ! The style is so beautiful.
    @BlueSeaWaves .....no I'm still not on team Cyril, but I really enjoyed your update.
    gen3-banner.png
  • DaraviDaravi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Thank you @mightysprite. They became my favourite buildstyle and it was fun to play with them. Some came from the neoclassical era, or german equivalent of the victorian era (Biedermeier and Wilhelmian style). Because it was a real challenge to build and decorate them and bring it to work for the sims. Much of them have worked very well for my needs in the old challenge and it would be a pity not to use them again. This time I try not to use much clutter and I hope for a soonish sale for mws, there are things in that gamepack I really could need for my builds.
    @BlueSeaWaves

I’m also on the fence about Cyril, but I still hope things work out with the restaurant.

As for the Dolphins, there are three different dolphins in Sulani.

The common dolphin appears around all the islands.

The Azure Dolphin is unique to only merfolk. Similar to how spellcasters have familiars, every mermaid and merman has their own dolphin familiar.

So, even if they don’t call them often, Dylan and Zeph have dolphin familiars with their own names and everything.

The Albino Dolphin can only be found around Mua Pel’Am under specific circumstances. It helps to have good conditions on Mua Pel’Am, hence a clean and healthy sea.

Dolphins are one of the major sources of collectibles in Sulani. They can fetch stuff from the sea. I think they can fetch everything from fish to harvestables.
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,290 Member
    @BlueSeaWaves I love your story. I think Neyla may need to rethink her relationship with Cyril. He's sneaky and he just used her. That bank account was theirs, not his. I smell trouble ahead. Good job.

Thank you for the shout out. The Toddlers were all about a day or two apart in age, so that when the babies aged up, I suddenly had five Toddlers at once. LOL I had fun, though. That one was a few Erik Cantrell saves ago. We'll see what happens in the latest iteration.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • porasnuporasnu Posts: 2 New Member
    I've been playing the Family Dynamics challenge and my sim got abducted and had an alien baby, so now we have 3 children including an alien....who somehow spawned with the appearance of the werewolf mod but didn't spawn as a hybrid. So now I have a blue alien toddler that looks like a werewolf. I named her Eclipse.
    @mightysprite I love the story you're building. When Empty Nest Syndromehits him, it will hit him hard. I also really enjoyed this line:"…Maintaining our personal bubbles I hope?"
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    @Metior_Ice I hope you get better. soon. This is my son's second go-around with Covid, but his is mild. I do believe the Sinus Infection is what's taking it out of you. Those are vicious. I look forward to your updates. :)
    @Metior_Ice I hope you get better. soon. This is my son's second go-around with Covid, but his is mild. I do believe the Sinus Infection is what's taking it out of you. Those are vicious. I look forward to your updates. :)

@GalacticGal Thank you.

The sinus infection was the worst part, but I know that I had a harder time than normal fighting it off. I do think COVID played a role in that.

————

As for today’s update, I’m going to wait and see how I feel. I’ve been getting a lot of dental work done these past few months. And that’s taken a lot of energy out of me.

I have a terrible sweet tooth, and I’m paying for it.

————

I’ve been catching up on all the stories and leaving an “awesome” here and there. There are so many great stories being shared here!

Brd709 wrote: »
    Riku, who is married to my sim self's middle son Andrew has some explaining to do:
    Xr6mpqh.png

This is an odd one. Look at Ray's relationship with Riku, they're only acquaintances with no romantic interest in Riku:
    D1U1mEg.png

I guess it wasn't meant to be:
    fRBv9Ok.png

Perhaps the marriage was arranged? How odd he should show up as a spouse. Keep in mind it wasn't until the 19th Century that love became a prerequisite for marriage. Two young people were often put together either by their parents or a Matchmaker and told they would learn to love each other …
    edited May 2022
    Daybreak, an Erik Cantrell REDUX

“That was some par-tay!” Erik said, as the guests slowly left the Camelot Wedding & Reception venue. “Whoo-hoo! Is is hot out here or is it just me?”
    “I think it’s time to go home, that’s what I think,” Kayleigh said, smiling at her new husband. He clearly had too many glasses of juice.
    The Cantrell family made order out of the reception site and then beamed back to The Cantrell House. The sun was rising in the sky by then. “Time for Church,” Joseph Cantrell said. “No excuses. Don’t bother to tell me you’ve been up all night — we all have. Tidy up, change if you wish, but do so quickly. I do think my absence will be noticed.” Joseph Cantrell was the Choir director.
    “Go on ahead, Dad,” Erik said. “We’ll catch up. I promise.”

At Coffee Hour, after the service, the newlyweds were greeted by the members of their parish. Many giving their well-wishes, cards, a few had gifts. Many were seeking information as to where the couple would Honeymoon. Erik kissed Kayleigh’s cheek, murmuring, “Don’t breathe a word.”
    “I can’t, even I don’t know.” Erik smiled grandly at that. His secret well-kept.

Back home again, the couple grew quite amorous. They hadn’t had a moment alone. The First Dance didn’t count.
    b6Xdb95.jpg

“You thinking what I’m thinking?” Kayleigh asked.
    “If you’re thinking about getting really close, I am.”
    ikL76Ja.jpg

3rVoKVa.jpg

“I would love to get close again, but I have the Accolades in just a short time. Come on, put on something formal and let’s go.”
    dXIV01g.jpg
    “Me? I get to go?”
    “Of course you do. You’re my wife.”

They both showered and inside of an hour were ready to go. Kayleigh had only ever seen the Starlight Accolades from a television screen, she was curious and excited to see how things went in person. She really had no idea of what to expect.
    Before she stepped inside with Erik, she went over to his Tile on the Avenue of the Stars. Disgusted to see it had been defaced. “Come on, Babe,” Erik called from the PBP Studios porch.
    “I’ll be right there, I just have to fix something, first.” Kayleigh quickly surmised that a disappointed fan, realizing Erik was never going to marry them, must have acted out. And then she grinned. That’s right, he’s all mine.
    IIBBGe3.jpg

“I hear the music, Honey, come on!” Erik said, as he held the door open.
    Kayleigh lifted up the hem of her long evening formal gown and trotted back over to the Studios, hoping she wouldn’t manage to turn her ankle because of her heels. She quickly climbed the cement steps. Erik held the door open for her and she ducked under his arm into the room. Elegant, she was astounded by the sheer opulence of the place. She had no idea. The TV camera did pan the audience from time to time, but mostly was trained on the stage area. Which, Kayleigh discovered wasn’t really a stage at all. Just some gold filigree over the black marble floor. A little disappointing. They took seats in the front row. Kayleigh was surprised at just how many Sims were milling about. That part was never seen on TV. She expected it to be orderly. Was that the Mixologist?
    Ru8btSi.jpg

Paying rapt attention, Kayleigh felt a tickle of anxiety, as butterflies took over her stomach when they finally got around to the music awards. How interminable. “And the winner for Best Song,Reflections, music and lyrics by Erik Cantrell goes to — Erik Cantrell! Look out, competitors, this is his seventh Best Song. The guy is on a roll! Woot!”
    Erik stood there, eyes closed for a moment, thanking his God for the blessing.
    4xPnbJo.jpg

“I hope you will indulge me in a moment of silence for the late, great Thorne Bailey, lost just this past week in a tragedy. Thorne, you really should have taken those swimming lessons. Wherever you are, this just isn’t the same without you, Buddy.”
    HdWrHMN.jpg
    altWy3f.jpg
    qveQyP1.jpg

Clearing his throat once again, he began, “I would like to thank the Starlight Academy for nominating me for this award. My beautiful wife, Kayleigh, for putting up with my hectic schedule. I did manage to squeeze in time for our wedding, if only barely. For Taygeta Studios, Orion Entertainment, Limited, who called me while I was standing at the Wedding arch. A-hem.” With one hand, Erik pulled at the hem of his suit coat. “And my parents and many siblings for putting up with the likes of me. And never to forget, I want to thank all of my fans."
    O58biMC.jpg

“I could never have done this without you! Thank you,”
    LZtDedK.jpg

“Thank you,”
    fns2Ejq.jpg

“This has been one heck of an incredible weekend! Yeah.”
    mGOd79U.jpg

The newlyweds arrived home, changed clothes again, and went off to dine at the Red Dragon, to while away some time before their flight.
    This eatery was a place of special meaning to them. Erik had proposed to Kayleigh over dinner. They had come full circle.
    Xl8ivWe.jpg

As if on cue, the two ordered the very same meal they had on that enchanting night when Erik utter the most important four words Kayleigh had ever heard him utter. “Will you marry me?”
    t00pomA.jpg
    Nothing could be more perfect.

“Okay, it’s about that time,” Erik said, as he paid the bill, scooting back out of his chair. “Are you ready?” he said, giving Kayleigh his arm, which she readily took.
    “I’m very ready,” She said, gazing at her spouse, lovingly.

All for now! Thanks for reading. Sorry for the long delay, but I was on another road trip. Home for one day and then off again! This time not for business, but for fun! We have now been married for 48 years! :) Friends joined us for the weekend in Idaho, where we went wine-tasting. Such fun!

Post edited by GalacticGal on

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top